[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>multiple magical artifacts appear all over the fantasy setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: Awa_Awa_no_Mi_Infobox.png (910 KB, 923x559) Image search: [Google]
Awa_Awa_no_Mi_Infobox.png
910 KB, 923x559
>multiple magical artifacts appear all over the fantasy setting giving dozens of people powers ranging from useless to overpowered a la One Piece/Xmen

What is the best plot hook for a party of these supernatural people besides wanting all the artifacts?
>>
Discovering who made them/how they came to be.
>>
>>44323749
Going on a world spanning trip to find the hidden lair of a world famous person containing all his earthly possessions.
>>
First off, do they act like cursed objects in that they are notoriously hard to be rid of?
>>
>>44323749
You mean like...

XIAOLIN

SHOWDOWN
>>
>>44323790
[intro intensifies]
>>
>>44323788
Sure, let's say they dig into your skin somewhere and become part of your physiology.
>>
>>44323832
I'm worried about the super demon butt guy,

But also make the artifacts have a serious downside down the road. PCs want to have an option to take them off at some point to avoid death/monsterfication/other
>>
>>44323768
To expand upon this, there has been an increase in crime and in people vying for power as the unscrupulous sorts abuse the power they have found. The party is sent off to find the source of this before the world descends into chaos.
>>
File: The_Red_Guy.jpg (204 KB, 678x808) Image search: [Google]
The_Red_Guy.jpg
204 KB, 678x808
>>44323892
>I'm worried about the super demon butt guy
>>
I played a game of savage worlds based off One Piece. Wasn't really a serious game; we mostly bummed from town to town ruining everything, but what little plot we had involved us being wanted by the marines for stealing some fruits and making an enemy of a black market dealer for trying to steal more fruits.

Your cursed items will probably be hot potatos; wanted by everyone despite their downsides, bought & sold for drug lord levels of money, and anyone confirmed to be in use of one is at the very least on a watch list by whatever government is in place. Lotta room to work plot in off those. Maybe there's someone in particular the government would pay a lovely amount of money to see dead (and up to you if they're an honest enough government to make good on the payment - that can be a whole subplot in itself), or one particular artifact is more abusable than others (you work out why and how) and whoever has it ends up with a huge bullseye on their back. Throw it at the PCs for free, don't tell them what it does, then have everyone come after them for it.
>>
>>44323749
The artifacts have a small curse on them, they force people to seek conflict and cause violence.
>>
File: Thelostroom.jpg (33 KB, 305x430) Image search: [Google]
Thelostroom.jpg
33 KB, 305x430
>>44323749
Have you ever saw this, anon?
>>
File: your-fandom.jpg (96 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
your-fandom.jpg
96 KB, 500x686
>>44323749
Sudden appearance of supernatural powers breaks society in weird and interesting ways.

Requires a good deal of thinky world building on the DMs part, but worth it if the DM can pull it off.

[kebab is not a sandwich, captcha.]
>>
>>44325304
No. I suppose it's good?
>>
>>44323749
The BBEG could have a device that can remove the artifacts from people, but depending on how often the person has used them dictates if they'll die in the removing process. The BBEG could be trying to combine them to reconstruct the original ancient being all the artifacts have come from.

>>44323892
Perhaps every time you use them, they go deeper into your body/uses your blood as a power source and requires more of your blood over time/drains years off your life span.
>>
File: tumblr_n0uxi2Wfft1rtuqolo1_500.gif (998 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0uxi2Wfft1rtuqolo1_500.gif
998 KB, 500x368
A quarter in the poorest neighborhood is destroyed by a conflict between the party and some other powered individuals.

In the wreckage of some poor bystanders house a now orphaned boy rummages through his smashed belongings cursing all the powered "heros" that brought all this destruction, and sees.
>>
>>44323749
>What is the best plot hook for a party of these supernatural people besides wanting all the artifacts?
Any plot hook that would work for a regular party?
>>
>>44323749
Survival
>>
>>44325425
Very good.
>>
>>44325425
Not him, but an excellent series in a modern setting, one of the favourite magical urban modern series I have ever seen.

Truly excellent. Just pass the first episode, which is very slow to begin and kind of shitty.
>>
>>44323749
my current campaign is about the legendary weapons,weapons so op that there is not known way to destroy them, the 7 knights of the king each one haves one of them they range from a sword made of fire, a purple diamond that can make undeads, some wings, a thunder staff and more stuff like that. one of my players made a bet with a god and lost, he losed his memories until he retrieves one of the legendary weapons owned by one of the royal knights
>>
>>44325425
Yes it is. Inspiring.
>>
>>44323749
TO BECOME KING OF THE PIRATES
>>
File: Akainu Blood.png (281 KB, 639x350) Image search: [Google]
Akainu Blood.png
281 KB, 639x350
>>44326049
>Not spreading Justice
Absolutely fucking disgusting
>>
>>44323749
>Party wants to collect them because power
>Party wants to collect them because noble cause
>Party wants to collect them because otherwise they could fall in worse hands

>Party has some and feels the responsibility to use them for good
>Party has some and feels the responsibility to fight those who use them for evil

>Party has some and everyone wants to get them
>Party has some and consequently end on the black list for [magical charm] collectors, hardy organization that wants to preserve normal people from superpowered freaks, BBEG who wants their power, etc.
>>
>>44323749
>What's wrong with wanting all the artifacts? Everyone wants all the artifacts. Rumor is the Bilgenburg artifact went for over $300,000 in a black market auction last week and it doesn't do anything that couldn't be duplicated with a professional makeup artist and two free hours. Shame about that poor cunt they carved it out of.
>>
>>44326323
>Party wants to collect them because otherwise they could fall in worse hands
There are no worse hands
>>
Are you playing a lilo and stich game in disguise?
>>
File: Kizaru_Sabaody.jpg (131 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Kizaru_Sabaody.jpg
131 KB, 1024x768
>>44326125
Justice is cool, I guess, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>44323783
The One Piece is going to be friendship, just you wait and see.
>>
>>44327115
They will never find the one piece.
>>
>>44327115
Oda confirmed it wasn't friendship and that it is a physical treasure
>>
>>44327202
But what is its physical friendship treasure. Like a scrapbook or something.
>>
The magic that powers them was stolen from the gods? Each player wants the deity to regain power so everything can realign. This allows both lawful and chaotic characters to have the same goal. Those one of the characters might secretly want to keep on of the lesser magical items?
>>
>>44323749
Doesn't it seem bad if there's no limit to the powers, like in One Piece and X-men?
Then the party has 25 different powers and can wipe people off the map.
>>
My grandfather (favorite person) died unexpectedly last year and I'm still not over it. Especially sucks every time something comes up and I think "oh, I'll call grandpa and ask for advice"

Dad has heart issues and needs open heart surgery but he keeps putting it off. Could die any moment.

Got kicked out earlier this year because my stepfather didn't like a woman talking back. Moved in with a guy I had been dating two months. Lived with him in parents in-law suite and we just got our own apartment in October. Kinda feel like I'm just with him because I feel obligated to him and his senpai for helping out.

Been bi since middle school and my interest in girls has really picked up and I don't know how to ask bf to let me have fun with girls. I'm worried that I'm losing my attraction to him and developing a major crush on girl who's my best friend. (she just came out as bi too D:)

Depression and anxiety is worse than ever and I've been going on long drives and calling off work lots lately.

Barely make enough to afford apartment but I don't have any senpai to turn to for help.

Would probably commit suicide if I knew it wouldn't completely tear apart the guy I'm with.

Want to go get help with these feelings but I'm on state aid and all the places around here that take it suck majorly
>>
>>44328116
tits or gtfo

desu sempai kek
>>
File: 1449787421964.jpg (90 KB, 490x800) Image search: [Google]
1449787421964.jpg
90 KB, 490x800
>>44328116

"Turn yourself to the Gods of Madness, and harness their powers.
Trade some of your blood, and ease the pain, for wisdom, and knowledge."
>>
>>44328252
Cernunos is a madness god?
>>
>>44327229
It's the Rio Pongelyph, scrub.

And behind it is the very first treasure Roger and his beloved crew ever got.
>>
>>44328116
I think you may have come to the wrong place, unless you didn't care where this was. Anyway, while on state aid, even the places that aren't much good may be better than no help at all. How old are you, anyway? Age does play a major factor in some of this, and the best I can say, as someone who has been support to another who went through similar hardship, is that it will get better with time. Also to not necessarily act on the whole bi part if that is particularly recent and just accept you like many sorts. Shit gets confusing for a bit for everybody, but it tends to work itself out more as you continue on. If you decide later you like girls more, then the best you can do is accept that and plan what to do from there.
>>
>>44327115
>>44327166
>>44327202

I've always thought that One Piece was based on 'Ithaka'.

As you set out for Ithaka
hope the voyage is a long one,
full of adventure, full of discovery.
Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
angry Poseidon—don’t be afraid of them:
you’ll never find things like that on your way
as long as you keep your thoughts raised high,
as long as a rare excitement
stirs your spirit and your body.
Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
wild Poseidon—you won’t encounter them
unless you bring them along inside your soul,
unless your soul sets them up in front of you.

Hope the voyage is a long one.
May there be many a summer morning when,
with what pleasure, what joy,
you come into harbors seen for the first time;
may you stop at Phoenician trading stations
to buy fine things,
mother of pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
sensual perfume of every kind—
as many sensual perfumes as you can;
and may you visit many Egyptian cities
to gather stores of knowledge from their scholars.

Keep Ithaka always in your mind.
Arriving there is what you are destined for.
But do not hurry the journey at all.
Better if it lasts for years,
so you are old by the time you reach the island,
wealthy with all you have gained on the way,
not expecting Ithaka to make you rich.

Ithaka gave you the marvelous journey.
Without her you would not have set out.
She has nothing left to give you now.

And if you find her poor, Ithaka won’t have fooled you.
Wise as you will have become, so full of experience,
you will have understood by then what these Ithakas mean.

>tl;dr the treasure is real, but its value is the journey that it's given you.

Or, it'll somehow be the hat.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.