[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do various potions taste like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: a20151223.jpg (126 KB, 696x1040) Image search: [Google]
a20151223.jpg
126 KB, 696x1040
What do various potions taste like?
>>
This and that.
>>
My settings potions invariably taste shitty.
>>
>>44321690
Lemon scented liquid soap
>>
File: 1450335538508.jpg (93 KB, 850x1050) Image search: [Google]
1450335538508.jpg
93 KB, 850x1050
I always imagined health potions to taste leaf-y and it kind of stings your throat in the same way applying alcohol to a wound stings.

Mana potions seemed like they would taste faintly of blood, but also have some sweetness to it.
>>
File: Health and Mana potions.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Health and Mana potions.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
Health potions are meaty and very viscous, it tastes bad like cough syrup but in a way that is also kind of good too. Your body feel incredibly warm for a few minutes after drinking it.

Mana potions are extremely fluid and kind of gross and slimy, and taste very sour and disgusting. However it makes you feel really, REALLY good in your mouth, tongue, and throat, which many theorize is to aid in spell casting with verbal components. Your body feels really cold and 'empty' after use.
>>
>>44321690
grape cough syrup
>>
>>44321705
underrated post
>>
It tastes like rainbow mixed with weed and cherry coke.
>>
Health potions taste like cherry tootsie roll pops.
At least at dungeons and drafts.
>>
Salty milk and pennies
>>
Dunno, maybe they'd be more intensely flavoured the more powerful the potion is?
>>
>Health potions are disgusting

Don't things that are good for your health taste good? Because your body is aware that it's good for you and sends you stimuli to keep consuming it? I know comfort foods are an exception to this rule as your body wants you to keep consuming them despite being unhealthy, but you get my point.

>Inb4 muh medicine tastes bad

That's because it's made of chemicals more often than not. In a fantasy setting where potions are made of natural shit, wouldn't they taste good?
>>
>>44321690
You know all that shit witches traditionally throw in a pot to brew? Newts eyes and such? Tastes like all that.
>>
>>44322515
>Don't things that are good for your health taste good?

Explain cabbage.

And for an example of the other side: pizza tastes amazing but eat too much and you can enjoy that coronary.
>>
File: absinthe-oliva.jpg (53 KB, 408x308) Image search: [Google]
absinthe-oliva.jpg
53 KB, 408x308
>>44321690
In my setting, potions made with alchemy require alcohol as a base, so they all have booze of varying quality as a primary ingredient. Stronger potions need a higher percentage of alcohol.

So that lesser potion of healing might be made with some watered-down swill from the shitty tavern, but that potion of storm giant strength was made with absinthe.
>>
Depends on the brewer.
Amateur- They're focused on making it work to the best of their ability. Taste isn't a concern, maybe a dab of added sugar if it won't change the chemistry, but you're lucky if it works already.
Swindler- Might taste great, might taste like olive oil. It's probably sugar water or olive oil.
High Class Potioneer- The elite customer base demands things that are functional and not a pain. No taste or fairly good taste for anything, even if it's for a potentially slightly weaker potion, they're good enough to make it work.
Old master/medicineman: Best, strongest potions you've seen. Excessively. But those exotic roots and biles are costly, and don't taste like anything you'd want. Usually horribly disgusting, maybe even painful, but no stronger cure.
>>
>>44321690
In TES, Ashes mixed with water, maybe tingly due to magic.
In my settings, same, or like bitter astringent/ eyes of newt and toe of frog.
>>44322515
Retard of the year award is hard to get, but I'm glad you finally managed to win something.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.