[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morgoth in Warhammer Fantasy. What happens /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 25
File: 1450361849594.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450361849594.jpg
283 KB, 1280x1024
Morgoth in Warhammer Fantasy.
What happens /tg/?
>>
Gets soft retconned.
>>
>>44315176
WHFB already has a UBBEG.

Morgoth nor Nagash share power.
>>
>>44315176
He besmirches the good name of bludgeoning weapons
>>
Abso-friggin'-lutely nothing.

Such is the nature of NuWarhammer, that Morgoth showing up would hardly matter (except perhaps that he would be the most down-to-earth and interesting character in the setting).
>>
>>44315176
He dies with the rest.
>>
>>44315176
Archaon?
BTFO

Belakor?
BTFO

Chaos?
BTFO

Sigmar?
BTFO

Malekith?
Morgoth BTFO
>>
>>44317687
>could you all just mellow out?
>I know I'm a nihilistic demiurge that wants to break all the toys because daddy is making me share them
>but what you guys are doing makes no fucking sense
>and what I can decipher of your motives are really dumb
>I wish I was back in my cell in mandos
>>
File: 1449942576964.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449942576964.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>44315176
Archaon happens, and Morgoth unhappens
>>
File: Morgoth Bauglir.jpg (2 MB, 1725x2492) Image search: [Google]
Morgoth Bauglir.jpg
2 MB, 1725x2492
>>44317910
if its age of the jewels Melkor the horny little bastard might have a chance, if he's god tier, otherwise he is banished with a silmarill encrusted headbutt.
if its age of the trees Melkor he gets hit with a mountain range, diddled by the king of Utumno, and fed to ungoliant.
if its age of the lamps Melkor he is smacked about with the primordial forces of harm and malice then obliterated by a nigh omnipotent bastard
>>
>>44317910
Remind me when HQ's in Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar use terraforming as weapons or cause massive craters with stray blows.

Oh right, they don't because Archaon doesn't instantly kill everything on the table.
>>
File: Destroyer of Worlds.png (3 MB, 1333x1021) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer of Worlds.png
3 MB, 1333x1021
>>44318196
Archaon takes his World Ender form, Archaon unmakes the world and everything in it.
>>
>>44318251
Except he's still a valid character on the tabletop and doesn't autowin battles.
>>
File: 1449942308573.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449942308573.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>44318165
World Ender Archaon's powerlevel is just too damn high even for Morgoth. Everchosen form? He is just a powerd up chaos lord. World Ender form? He is a fucking god, stronger than 5 (if we count HR and assume Slaanesh is alive) combined.
Contributing awesome art to this thread.
>>
>>44318278
In new universes literally made of magic with new rules. In it he faced avatars of these universes in single combat and won.

Before he got there he was destroying worlds and galaxies.

Is Morgoth going to function the same way he usual does in an alien universe? This is why cross-battles are pointless. Too many unknowns.
>>
File: Fingolfin_vs_Morgoth.jpg (224 KB, 600x1095) Image search: [Google]
Fingolfin_vs_Morgoth.jpg
224 KB, 600x1095
>>44318251
Archaon takes grond to the face and sits down, Archaon's head is all over the world now and everything in it
>>
>>44318278
And a guardsman has a chance to kill a terminator in melee in tabletop. Tabletop and lore don't really coexist together.
>>
>>44318338
Archaon has the power of ANIIIIIIMMMME! on his side. He cannot lose.
>>
>>44318321
more powerful than the five combined doesn't get him close to high power Morgoth. In the earliest ages of Ea melkor invented every unpleasent thing, excluding spiders. he is a primordial being that predates the universe and can only be ended by the omnipotent god
>>
>>44318251
>Nagash : MADNESS! You are but a single being. I am an entire realm.
>Archaon : Your words are true but in all the cosmos I stand alone. I AM ARCHAON, the be all end all of the universe.
>>
File: 1449942509189.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449942509189.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2000
>>44318406
Even in the years of the lamps Melkor is just a guy who could shift earth 'n' shit, Sigmar can do that stuff too, but he got wrecked by Achaon.
>>
>>44318568
that wasn't the earliest era though. full power-wank makes melkor truly godlike in the earliest age. he creates the concepts of severe heat and cold as his weapons.
>>
>>44318568
I guess the point is that while Archaon and be evil and destructive Melkor is Evil and Destructive. Melkor's magic is a theme written into the universe itself. Melkor isn't just harmful, he is the very definition of harm, there is nothing he cannot ruin, because his universal role is ruining things.
>>
File: Archaon.png (565 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
565 KB, 1136x640
>>44318920
>Archaon trudged through the black snow. His armoured boots were wrapped in the furs of some barb-skinned beast, the bony spines of which gave the warrior purchase across the frost and ice. The skies raged away above him, spitting and swirling like a ghostly, maddened creature, chasing its own tail. The armour of Morkar, First Everchosen of Chaos scalded his skin with its raw embrace. Archaon could not feel such pain. He wouldn’t allow it. The common miseries of existence were nothing to him now. With every step he took towards a doom of his own making, he became less of a man and more of an idea. An abstraction. A living misery for others to endure. He was not some character in a great tale told. He was the silence after the words. The covers of the tome slammed shut. The crackle of page and ink on the fire. He was the nevermore.

You can't stop what he has become. You can't kill what he represents. He is no man or daemon, he is the Nevermore. The doom of everything and everyone. Where he walks all warmth and life is cast into shadow and cold oblivion.

Archaon is the walking and breathing personification of oblivion and nothingness. He is the fucking Nevermore, man. Nothing can survive under the gaze that saw entire worlds, univeses even, annihilated from the fabric of existence.
>>
>>44318990

Nice feats bro, Melkor smashes him like an insect.
>>
>>44318990
>Personification of oblivion
>Personification
>Of Oblivion

Anon that's just a sign of retarded hyperbolic writers spewing propaganda, nothing to be taking literally.
>>
File: 1442704463275.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1442704463275.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>44318990
>>
>>44318990
Melkor is a being that can, and eventually will, smash Ea (literally "it is", as in "it is everything") into dust, he will stomp on the dust, and then he will scream at the dust, if not for the intervention of God himself, because nothing else will do
>>
>>44319275
Didn't he get BTFO by some elf?
>>
>>44315176
daily reminder that Melkor got thrashed by one single elf, and his "greatest" lieutenant got his shit ruined by a dog
>>
>>44319321
He won technically but he was permanently injured. And to be fair it was a pretty buff elf.
>>
File: 1410520949226.png (141 KB, 541x586) Image search: [Google]
1410520949226.png
141 KB, 541x586
>>44319332

First age tolkien elves would genocide the WH setting. OP as fuck.
>>
>>44319105
Nah, it's very literal. When Archaon marches, life, warmth, and the courage of heroes wither and die before him. His very presence is a bane of the multiverse.
>>
>>44315176
He would get written into a Gotrek and Felix novel and after some dozens of sites of hype he dies like a bitch due shitty writing.
>>
>>44319582
That is not a personification of oblivion. Stull hyperbole.
>>
Please stop dignifying the writers giving Archaon random blowjobs with your attention.

They killed off their setting, and now they're just pissing about in impermanent warp bubbles where nobody important permanently dies. This version of Archaon has lost every ounce of credibility because everything about him is hype hype hype hype.

Also his horse made it to Daemon Prince before him, and no ammount of "BLAH HE'S BETTER THAN ANY DAEMON PRINCE BECAUSE REASONS" will ever change how hilarious that is.
>>
File: 1448348482222.jpg (479 KB, 1250x1126) Image search: [Google]
1448348482222.jpg
479 KB, 1250x1126
>>44320087
Sanguinius defeatend Skabanda during the siege of terra, he wasn't a demon prince. Some space wolf captain defeated demon-Magnus, that space wolf wasn't a demon prince. Emperor defeated the Void Dragon, Emperor is not a demon prince. There is also a guy called Kaldor Draigo, and he is not a demon prince. Sigmar is not really a demon prince too, nor other incarnates. People tend to overestimate DP's powerlevel.
>>
>>44320087
Are you mental? Really? Are you. You seem very stupid. Archaon horse is a shapeshifting daemon. It has been this from the very start. The daemon took the shape of a horse because Archaon wished it so. In the memory of the horse that carried him as a warrior of Sigmar.

Archaon is now an immortal demigod of Chaos who rules a vast daemonic kingdom in thee Warp. He no longer a mortal man. He is divine royalty among the kings and princes of Chaos all whom bow before his empty throne.

I knew Archaon hates were illiterate but you take the cake.
>>
File: smugness cascade.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smugness cascade.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>44318321
>awesome art
>>
>>44320170
Which is meaningless. Post actual quantifiable feats.
>>
File: 1433588576755.jpg (92 KB, 680x507) Image search: [Google]
1433588576755.jpg
92 KB, 680x507
>>44318990
absolute pleb
>>
>>44320170

>Being this mad over someone calling AoS fluff shit
>>
>>44320140

It's always been the mark that distinguishes between scrubs and guys cool enough to be let in on the joke.
>>
File: 1444285829462.gif (682 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1444285829462.gif
682 KB, 320x180
>>44320177
>>
>>44318329
>Before he got there he was destroying worlds and galaxies.

he would fit into DBZ. but not much else because whoever wrote that shit is a talentless chaosboo
>>
>>44318321

>ARCHIE AM STRONGAR THAN CHAOS GODS

Dear god man, he's fictional and you still found a way to fit his cock in your mouth.
>>
>>44320202
I am bad that you lied about it and tried to smear a character disingenuously.

If you gave a fuck about WHFB lore, then you would have known that Archaon's horse was already a daemon.
>>
>>44320245
It's true. The Chaos Gods tried to break him and make him bind the knee to them.

They all failed. They cannot break Archaon or destroy him. Because let it has been said before, what Archaon represents cannot be defeated.
>>
>>44318251
You know that's more like a vision of scaled worlds destroyed before archaon rather than archaon actually getting that big, right?
>>
>>44319353
>And to be fair it was a pretty buff elf.
This made me laugh more than it should have.
>>
>Character is shit now because the writing is fundamentally awful on several levels

>HERE ARE MY COUNTERARGUMENTS SOURCED FROM WITHIN THE TEXT YOU DISMISSED

Your goal, if you want to make any impact on me, should be to try to convince me AoS fluff should be taken seriously on any level rather than summarily dismissed.

Otherwise it's as dumbshit an approach as say, trying to convince a non-Christian the bible is infallible using bible quotes as your source.
>>
>>44320379

I don't understand your reasoning. You can into a thread expecting someone to explain to you why AoS lore is good when the thread is not about explaining why AoS is good but seeing how it measures up against Sauron senior.

Is the hatred of AoS this blinding?
>>
>>44321034
came into*
>>
>>44315176
Archaon reks him.
>>
>>44320186
Archaon has destroyed many worlds.
Morgoth has not even managed to destroy one pleb world.
>>
File: Archaon's Destiny.png (4 MB, 1968x1172) Image search: [Google]
Archaon's Destiny.png
4 MB, 1968x1172
Whether Archaon wins or not, it doesn't matter to me. For, I know in my heart that, Archaon is much cooler than the other guy.
>>
The fundamental problem here seems to be the discrepancy of the narratives that both Melkor and Arachaon serve. Melkor serves the narrative that Evil by its very nature can not truly create, only manipulate, twist and destroy. That was the major point of the Silmarillion, especially the Silmarillion proper focused a lot on the "manipulate" part, as is evident by Morgoth's lies and deeds turning the Noldor against the Valar and other Eldar. That theme is also repeated by Sauron in the Akabelleth, when he gets the Numenoreans to go full retard and wage war against he Lords of the West.
Archaon is just powerlevel wankery. The powerlevel stuff is to an extent also present in the Silmarillion, but it takes a much less important role and only serves to show the difference between an even weakened divine being such as Melkor and the admittedly at that time very skillful and powerful Eldar. The other Valar could have obliterated Morgoth easily post-trees.
tl;dr: The point about Morgoth, unlike Archaon, isn't "I must destroy everything", but "Evil can only ever taint and twist, not create." Two fundamentally different concepts, therefore this whole discussion is moot.
>>
I'm only surprised that Carnac was not the first nor the only Archaon poster in the thread.
>>
>>44321034

What? No, I came into a thread, saw an insane amount of AoS Archaon wankery that had nothing to do with the actual topic at hand going on, so called it out.

People's primary response to "AoS Archaon wankery is absurd" was to try to present the wankery itself as evidence against me calling it that.
>>
>>44321376
Don't be.

Archaon is a much beloved and respected character, you plebeian peasant.

Only rapid Orderfags would disagree.
>>
>>44321466

Which is fine, if we're talking about the mortal who underwent harsh trials to be marked by the dark gods as the rightful leader of their combined hordes, rather than the biggest swinging dick in a shitty un-setting.
>>
>>44321495

Well, that's the core issue, isn't it?

AoS's setting is not only is after the destruction of reality and a handful of guys carving out little islands of stability in the warp, but multiple sides have immortal, respawning, inexhaustible armies. There's no stakes because nobody can win and nothing can permanently change.

So having a character in the middle of that go from being a badass before to being the "Most powerful and unstobbable and even his patron gods can't control or stop him anymore" just makes him that kid on the playground who screams he has all the superpowers and his superhero is better than yours.
>>
>>44319321
He got BTFO by the greatest elven king in all of history (and this is Tolkien, so elves are fucking OP right from the get-go), who decided he was sick of fighting the war properly and just Rambo'd his way through Morgoth's whole fucking army straight to the gates of Angband solo, and after Morgoth had already frittered about 60% of his power into his works and minions, which left him so severely deminished he actually had a physical form to fight with. Even after all that, it played out like a Dark Souls bossfight: the moment Morgoth landed a solid hit, it was over.
During the first moments after the Song, before he wasted all his divine mojo on little shit, Melkor's closest approximation to physical form was a colossal mountain wreathed in steam and frost, since he invented extremes of temperature in one of his first attempts to be a dick.
>>
>>44321495
>>44321592
Why do you hat AoS so much. Tell me where it touched you.

>There's no stakes because nobody can win and nothing can permanently change.

Just like status quo of (rip) WHFB and 40K,
>>
>>44321726
>Just like status quo of (rip) WHFB and 40K
There's a bit of a difference between "This victory would matter if they'd just advance the fucking plot" and "This victory still wouldn't matter even if the plot advanced.

In 40k, the status quo is preserved by slapping setbacks on every success to cancel out the gain. In AoS, the status quo preserves itself; no active efforts to balance out victories is really necessary, because the fundamental nature of the setting is impermanent.

In many ways, AoS is simply a further refinement on GW's policy of stasis.
>>
>>44321726
WHFB was a more interesting setting though, so is 40k.

Age of shitmar is literally "Let me take everything that got you into fantasy in the first place, destroy it and now make you pay even more shekels for inane bullshit that shouldn't have happened."

The only reason I dislike it is because of the reasons stated above.

Otherwise I think some of the models look cool and the idea that some deal 2 wounds per attack is pretty fucking neat.
>>
>>44321307
Finally! This anon gets it...
>>
>>44318321

This sounds extremely overpowered. I kinda like the idea, that the Chaosgods had dun fucked up with one their underlings, and made him a bit too stronk, so that they would have a hard time taking him on on their own, but could do it if they worked together (but don't want, for whatever reason).
But you make him sound more like: "What, Melkor? Who? Whatever, gimme a few seconds to polish my armor a bit, bitchslapping the very God of war, murder, brutality and hatred into submission makes it always look a bit too red for my taste"

I mean, I'm not really a WHFBfag, pretty much 40k only, but that sounds dumb as hell.
>>
File: 1429411572237.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429411572237.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
>>44321456
There was a question OP started a while ago. We answered that question, then other people came and sad, that no, Archaon wouldn't solve the Morgoth problem, we sad that he would, and that it is stated in the new lore, that his powerlevel makes him capable of doing so.

And then happens you, anon, and you say, that everything sad about this particular character is false, because the lore itself is retarded. Well no shit the lore is retarded, but THAT IS NOT THE FUCKING POINT! By using such argument you just come across as a person in denial of facts, which are stated in the official fluff. Yes, you can call that fluff a pile of retarded fanfiction, and I do agree with you, but it is an official pile of retarded fanfiction, so stop being a bitch about it.
>>
>>44322347
I'm nost saying, that it's going to be an easy fight, man, Melkor is almost equal en strength to Archaon's final form, he is probably going to nearly die, killing Melkor, but his current power is just beyond retarded.
>>
>>44322497
Well, if he is more powerful than the 4 Chaos Gods and the Horned Rat combined, he probably has an easy time beating up every form of Melkor that is not shortly after his very creation, where he was the second most powerful being in the whole Universe (On par with Manwe, yes, but Manwe was always more the guy who wouldn't intervene or directly fight someone) only behind the Creator of the Universe itself.
After that he poured much of his power and will into his creation and the earth. So much in fact, that (one of the most powerful) elfs could wound him, and said elf may have had a chance to defeat him (not permanently though, given his nature).

(also, need an excuse to post stuff like pic related)
>>
>>44322652
Make sence to me, but I wonder how did it feel to be wounded by an elf.
>>
>>44323152
https://youtu.be/Cc6yzxcv0Ps?t=2m22s
Pronounciation is a bit weird, but it's straight from the Silmarillion. Appearantly, it hurt quite a lot. So much, that Morgoths cries were heard in the whole north (How far that may be).
>>
File: 1439451669205.png (56 KB, 813x520) Image search: [Google]
1439451669205.png
56 KB, 813x520
Not trying to offend anyone or cause stirr, but I was wondering how one should compare two universes?

For example should I compare Morgoth to a similar powerlevel "deity" in the other universe?

Or should I find the similar hierarchy position Morgoth has in powerlevels in his universe and find a matching one from the other universe?

For example If I create an universe where the god is called Faggot and he is the uppermost powerful shit in it. Can I then compare him to Ilúvatar and start arguing about a fight between them? But what if Faggot looks similar in power with Mandos, but higher in hierarchy.
>>
>>44323371
Morgoth affected the very song of creation, I'd say that'd give him a higher relative power level than Nagash.

But Nagash, and Warhammer being Warhammer, has a higher absolute power level than Morgoth.
>>
>>44315176
The world would become better place.
Really.
Morgoth is powerful but he wont trust any of the other evil races especially the chaos.
Which will cause even more infighting among evil.
Which will make the world a better place
>>
>>44315176
With how much power? As Melkor made himself physical, he lost more & more power. Does he also have his Balrogs & Dragons?
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x595
>>44323482
He's as he was in utumno, how about. He has dragon schematics and a company of twenty evil Maia to wield monsterous bodies plus sauron and the balrog

Scenario two it's melkor after the fall of Utumno, booted into the void and exploring other, nasty universes
>>
>>44323371
only actual, quantifiable and comparable, power counts in VS threads, not relative relevance or role.
and that's why people in VS threads will be forever damned fools destined to drown in their own defiled habitats.
>>
>>44321135
>Archaon is much cooler than the other guy.

Eh, an argument could be made for both sides.
Sauron still takes the cake as the coolest though. Not the most powerful of course, but sauron is the OG dark lord. In our universe of course, as morgoth came before sauron in ardo time line.
>>
>>44327409
*arda
>>
File: collared-lizard3.jpg (103 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
collared-lizard3.jpg
103 KB, 600x397
>>44321466
Fuckoff Carnac.
>>
>>44327409
Though he goes down like a bitch in every single fight he has. But probably a great general, and a master manipulator behind the scenes.
>>
>>44329340
Yeah, but like I said, he is nowhere near as powerful as the other guys, but winning fights mano a mano wasn't his thing, so not that big a deal
>>
>>44320140
More like daemon prince has been used to demonstrate how cool people are.

Seriously, when has a daemon prince ever done fucking anything but job?
>>
>>44319321
That was after he'd diluted himself into creation, and become Morgoth.

Morgoth is an entirely different beast to Melkor. Melkor created heat and cold, and raised mountains by stomping on the newborn world. Morgoth is a big dude with a hammer and an army of monsters.
>>
>>44329340
Sauron was a blacksmith and jeweller, not a warrior, and only a general out of necessity. He followed Morgoth because of his ability to enact his will upon Ea, something Sauron admired. All he ever wanted was a modicum of order.
>>
>>44315176
Morgoth gets fugged.
>>
File: 391766a.jpg (26 KB, 350x279) Image search: [Google]
391766a.jpg
26 KB, 350x279
>>44321726
The lore. It touched me in the lore
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.