[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system would you use if you only had these bad boys at hand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: die.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
What system would you use if you only had these bad boys at hand and wanted to narrate a light session to a single friend where he would already start as a kind of cool character that uses both a little magic and a weapon of choice?

I decided to not ignore the completely arbitrary decision of whoever made these die to make both the 1 and 4 faces red and use them as a subtraction instead of addition in the last session. Things went okay. The setting was the opposite of a post-apocalyptic one, and by that I mean a post-world-was-saved-by-the-typical-fantasy-party.

In this world the heroes became kind of saints and inspired the creation of heroes schools where they teach people and send them to kill "bosses" before they turn into those typical crazed mutated "not even my final form" jRPG bosses.

So the player goes on missions to slay the otherwordly things while still in their larval form and all. It's kind of cool, but the die use got old and in need of better ideas.
>>
So you are looking for a system that focuses on many vs 1 action that uses only d6?
>>
>>44283065

I dunno. Gurps lite?
>>
File: 1489bL7.jpg (49 KB, 260x370) Image search: [Google]
1489bL7.jpg
49 KB, 260x370
>>44283174
Exactly!

It will usually be:

>fight some minions/cultists/spawns
>reach the to-be-boss and kill him on a 1vs1 battle
>>
>>44283065
Wushu would work nicely, depending on how light you want to go.

You could also club something together out of the AW core mechanic.
>>
When you say only dice, do you mean no dice apart from D6 or literally no resources apart from D6?

Because there are dozens of systems for the former, but with the latter it's a much more interesting question. You need to have the 'character sheet' be simple enough that it's either in your head or tracked entirely on dice. I think you could do something like Risus or Lasers and Feelings based on that.
>>
>>44283065

If you're okay with OSR stuff there's Crimson Heroes that has a pretty slick system for the main character being able to tank groups of minions. It was made for being able to play dungeon crawls with one player and the dm.
>>
>>44283361
>do you mean no dice apart from D6
Yes.

>or literally no resources apart from D6?
As few pages as possible, since we both lack the time to go too deep on anything.
>>
>>44283361
I think OP can print off a character sheet
>>
West End's D6 system. Fast, cinematic, easy.

With one player its not even a contest. It's D6 all the way.
>>
FATE.
>>
>>44283401
>As few pages as possible
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/ultra-lite/
>>
>>44283065
Maid
>>
>>44283065
Barbarians of Lemuria
>>
>>44283065
I'd unironically play Shadowrun.
>>
>>44288345
>only 7d6

You'll need another bucket or two to shadowrun, son.
>>
Dungeon World?
>>
If you want some Sci fi, Star Wars d6 could work.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.