[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of character are you playing/working on, /tg/? Tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 20
File: wallpaper_Illo 1.jpg (800 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_Illo 1.jpg
800 KB, 1200x1600
What kind of character are you playing/working on, /tg/? Tell me about their looks, personality, background, etc.
>>
This is a character that I had a while back for a game, but there was only one session of it and it was awful. I'd like to bring her back in a future one.

It's a cleric/priest who was a nun in he church. Her diety's given her good undead-killing power in exchange for her never telling lies. She's ultra lawful good and is out to SMITE EVIL to the max.
>>
>>44279896
Does she have any lies worth telling though? Give her a reason to lie to create conflict. It could be anything from a dishonourable family member to something she herself did in her past or present.
>>
>>44279820
>looks
Smallish (5'6'', 150lbs) light-skinned male human with unkempt finger-length brown hair, light green eyes, and an athletic/acrobatic build. At 1st level (3.5), he wears dusty worn leather armor, a worn and tattered green hood/cloak, and has an assortment of rogue/ranger weapons. At 10th, he's upgraded to light mithril armor. At 20th, he wears short and practical robes w/cloak. He is 1/4 high elf, and often has short stubble.

>personality
Mercurial, devious, sometimes brooding, sometimes wry, often impish and mischievous. Not friendly or nice, but is good-hearted. Somewhat misanthropic. A loner. Curious, wandering, quick-witted, careful, perceptive, poor judge of character, rebellious. Loves to explore, outwit, trick, prank, out-race, and avoid. What you'd expect from a CG, high-int, mid-wis, low-cha rogue/ranger/transmuter/arcane trickster. Surprisingly vengeful, though.

>background
Comes from a frontier homestead/ranch on the edge of a great forest. Grew up wandering the local wilds, being influenced by the elves and faeries he met and somewhat idolized at a young age. Militia scout, sometimes bandit, sometimes bounty hunter, explorer, ranger, troubleshooter, freelance agent, liberator. Grew disdainful of the majority of civilization after encountering it to varying degrees while adventuring; saw the evil behind it's facade. Avoids the be-castled kingdoms of man in favor of the great reaches of the elves, but has been to many varied terrains, realms, and worlds. Has fought for the free lands of his birth and the realms of the elves in wars, and has fought in shadowy wars against insidious oligarchic merchant cabals/banks/temples, cults, and aberrations/fiends/undead. Desperately wants an airship.
>>
File: Mutants and Masterminds.png (532 KB, 1200x533) Image search: [Google]
Mutants and Masterminds.png
532 KB, 1200x533
>>44279820
>looks
2 meters tall who wheighs 110 kg. His skin is blue and his hair is white and he's very muscular; his eyes are also electric blue. He never seems to have blood on him, even after a fierce fight, when his costume is shredded. He usually wears spandex, as expected of a superhero, along with white boots, a huge belt and a chain necklace with very big teeth attached to the metal links. Somehow it seems to survive every battle, even when his costume is almost completely shredded.

>personality
Upbeat and cheerful, he likes to get into fisticuffs very quickly. He's pritty mischievous too, not too mature: he seems to be simple minded, albeit not a complete moron. He's somewhat childish and now a little bit less impulsive than before: he does seem pretty good in judging the characters of others. He loves to flex and pose, showing off his muscles and putting them to good use. Can be grumpy when he sometimes doesn't get what he want and sulks aswell.

>background
He's from the neighboring city and was a construction worker before he had a terrible accident which put him into a coma: that was just after a special material had appeared, giving people incredible powers, seemingly at random. A scientist had, through this material, researched a new medicine and suggested using it on the comatose worker, because of his sturdy body that could probably survive the changes and wake him from his coma. Well... he did wake up and gained superstrenght, supertoughness and incredibly fast regeneration: thus he became a superhero. He really wants to catch a certain mastermind woman who's been toying with his team for a while now.
>>
He was once a proud barbarian youth that believed he was invincible, as long as he and his wife were together. Hubris was their undoing, however, and she got an arrow to the throat. Unable to let go, he tried to run after the horse that still carried her limp body on top of it. Refused to sleep until she was found, so he wandered through snow-covered woods for days. Starvation and lack of sleep pecked at his sanity until he became feral in his grief and fury. Stumbled into some monks that beat the living shit out of him, afterwards.

One of them took him in. They believed that for something to be truly perfected, it should first be broken. His mind was already in pieces, and his body was close to that so in some months he was ready to be rebuilt. After five years living in the monastery, he'd become one of them. Already been broken and had healed, now was time for him to blaze his own path, find out who he really is.

He's a changed man from the raiding barbarian, to the point where he can't even use the same name. Compassionate, but he wouldn't hesitate to break someone. In fact, he's the type to beat someone up, break their bones until they can't fight back, then carry them to the nearest healer and make sure they'd heal okay. Apart from that, he doesn't know who he really is. He's trying to find that out, though, and honoring his brothers while doing it.

The months of starvation took most of his muscle away, but life and training in the monastery has made him lean and healthy again. He's a bit tall, so that makes him look a bit skinnier than he is, and he also found out what a haircut is.
>>
Half orc bard named loblak. He grew up in orc tribe and learned the ways of drum. He went to prove his worth through his intimidation in song. To be the best bard ya gotta be the toughest
>>
File: izel01.png (801 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
izel01.png
801 KB, 900x900
Some good entries so far. My current character's a Spiritualist that helps phantoms move on.

>Looks
A young woman that stands at a total of 5'2 and weighs barely a hundred pounds. Her hair is the first thing you'd notice, as it's dark red, wavy, and flows to her hips. Her skin's pale, as gingers are, and spattered with light freckles. She wears round spectacles with what appears to be glass of a deep red color that helps her see how close creatures are to death, and a gray poncho with a lilac pattern over her leather armor that appears to dwarf her even more. Would be very easily spotted in a crowd, because she looks sort of... peculiar.

>Personality
Upbeat, kind, and curious. Always wants to know what x item does and genuinely wants to help people and spirits. Learned medicine from her mother, a surgeon, and enjoys patching people up.

>Background
Grew up in Augustana, a large port city. From an early age she was surrounded by wailing spirits, and it frightened her, so she always shoo'd or ignored them. This pushed her to learn magic, and finally at the age of 18, was approached by a gentle and calm phantom that didn't spook the shit out of her. She befriended the phantom and agreed to help it solve the mystery of its remorse, is finally growing used to what she now feels is her responsibility to help phantoms gain peace in death.
>>
>looks
A small girl (age 12) wearing an apron much to be for her. Cannot speak and gives off a creepy child feeling. Think the two girls from shining or the grudge.

>personality
Quiet, shy and curious, Is actually quite normal despite what her appearance would tell. Due to misunderstandings and abuse, is scared of other people.

>background
She was a noble child when a priest discovered that she was connected to what they called a demon. They accused her of witchcraft and sentenced her to hang along with her mother. Before they could do so, her mother sent her away to a faraway place with whatever she could find and hoped for the best.

A unwilling warlock of the deep one. Her relation with the patron is that she is somehow "close" to the darkness of the deep one and it return, the deep one does not know my character can invoke it. Think a remora fish to a shark.
>>
My next DnD 5e character is going to be a half-orc rogue.He's going to be a con-man and a master of disguise who lulls his marks into a false sense of security by disguising himself as things like a peasant or a nomadic barbarian looking for work. He worships Mask and dons one when he does his heists. I'm gonna have so much fun with this dude.
>>
File: Ernestine-Shepherd[1].jpg (127 KB, 525x337) Image search: [Google]
Ernestine-Shepherd[1].jpg
127 KB, 525x337
One of the players said he had to miss the session because he was visiting his grandma. We told him to bring his grandma in the game and after talking, we came up with this...

>Barbarian grandma
>Loves to wrestle, is a luchadora
>Knits the whole party scarves and cooks meals
>...La Abuela

>"You not done with your meal?"
>"i-i'm not hungry, abuela"
>BAM FUCKING SUPLEX HOLD YOU INTO THE FUCKING PLATE
>"YOU DONE EATING WHEN LA ABUELA SAYS YOU DONE EATING"
>>
>>44281738
Fuckin' great.
>>44281493
Cool.
>>44281115
Consider this stolen
>>44280944
>Desperately wants an airship
That one got me.
>>
File: AntonioGrimani.jpg (149 KB, 649x800) Image search: [Google]
AntonioGrimani.jpg
149 KB, 649x800
I'm more often than not on the GM side of the screen but I play some D&D 5e with friends.

1st :
>looks
A rather young (in his 100s) male drow in noble clothes (pic related). Outgoing always an air of superiority on the face.

>personality
Scheming, calculator and very charismatic. He thinks the world and its inhabitants are his toys since his power manifested. Apart from that he's good with money.

>background
He's the youngest son of a minor drow family, destined to a rather sad life. When his sorcerer powers manifested he thought he was the chosen one, and left the underdark to become rich, famous, powerful and even nobler on the surface.

2nd
>looks
A tall, large and even a bit fat middle aged human wearing Landsknetch attire, half plate and a pimping feather coat. His bearded face bears the marks of age, battles and alcohol abuse.

>personality
He is a bit too cheerful to be true. He's the good kind of (former) officer. The one who understands the power of the bribing, the one who doesn't say "no" to a good tobacco and enjoys telling story. He doesn't like non-humans (except dwarves), humans with a different skin colour, women doing anything else than housekeeping, cooking and warming the bed, half-humans, mages, bards, rogues and all that zoo. Except he's the only human in the group.

>background
He lost his wife and kid (along with a village and a small fort) due to his own foolhardiness when he was commander in the military. He deserted because he couldn't bear the culpability and started drinking to forget. He was found literally in the gutter by the dwarven cleric of the group. Since then, he stopped drinking and tries to get fit again.
>>
File: Map.jpg (811 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
811 KB, 1024x768
>>44279820
don't like characters
i like universes, that's why i'm always the DM
i'm a terrible player, never do the right thing
>>
>>44281738
>she starts training the party along with supervision of their diet
>soon even the wizard is packing impressive muscles
>party of all-buff adventurers wearing cute scarves and sweaters
>it's not even winter
>>
File: Nicole_Willkins.png (884 KB, 484x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nicole_Willkins.png
884 KB, 484x1080
>looks
Thin and tall, a bit stretched looking. She grew up in lower gravity, so she has a spacer look to her. Tanner skin from ancestry, dark hair, dark eyes. Pic related is the spacer gear.

>personality
Fake front of friendliness, but the best descriptive term I can think of is cold. Very deliberate in action, compulsively double- or triple-checks everything. Plans upon plans, Tzeentch would like her, but not necessarily a /good/ planner. Can't say no to food. Not too well adjusted socially.

>background
First generation colonist on an unexplored planet. Light genetic engineering for survival purposes. Landed with her group, set up a colony, ended up being very undersupplied by the time winter came, they went full Donner Party. More colonists arrived, original ones spread out, she ended up going off-planet and joined up with a salvage crew (the PCs).

It's a horror campaign and it's pretty much been established that I'll be the first to crack.
>>
File: CityGuard.png (20 KB, 396x424) Image search: [Google]
CityGuard.png
20 KB, 396x424
A rank-and-file city guard.

He's not an exceptional fighter, he's not great with magic and he's not particularly stealthy. He's just a quiet, average soldier that's surprised to be still alive on this wild adventure.

The catch is that he's supernaturally lucky and he generally gets a "bad feeling" when something is about to go down.
>>
>>44282993
I love when normal, everyday people get thrown into crazy adventures and become heroes just by chance in RPGs
>>
>>44283078
I also love this. It's why I really liked Finn in the Force Awakens.
>>
>name
Desmond Cross

>looks
Average height, average build, perhaps a little skinny. Short, clean cut, dark brown hair. Dark brown, tired looking eyes. Accentuated by the bags under them that never go away. He wears a neutral expression except in the most dire of events. Wears a grey cloak and a simple suit.

>personality
Suave master of speechcraft. More in line with bluffing and telling lies than diplomacy or intimidation. Though diplomacy isn't hard for him either. Uses his speech abilities as a way to make income. Think of someone you can pay to lie you out of a situation. He's generally calm, but not disinterested, though outwardly it may appear so. He has a special interest in the hidden truths of the worlds, even if he doesn't pursue them.

>background
Still working on this.

The character's inspired a bit by weeb shit so I'm still working on ways to differentiate him. And admittedly there's less effort than usual because it's my first DMPC. A lot of effort is going a lot of other places.
>>
>>44283078
>>44283116
Same. Somehow I like this city guard idea more than some of the more detailed characters in this thread.
>>
>>44282993
>>44283078
>>44283116
>>44283216
http://i.imgur.com/PuQMR9e.png
I knew this sounded familiar
>>
File: 2015-02-01_00010.jpg (134 KB, 450x336) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-01_00010.jpg
134 KB, 450x336
>>44279820
>looks
Average height, muscled. He wears a tattered tabard over worn armor with a face plate resembling a jester's mask. He has a warhammer and shield with a grinning face on it, along with throwing hammers that he sometimes juggles.
>personality
He's a puckish rogue that will do anything for a laugh. He likes to keep morale high and laughs in the face of death. His religious faith runs deep.
>background
A paladin of a goddess of laughter, he was a squad leader in a crusade against another religion. While attacking the enemy holy city, their army was driven back and his squad was destroyed while trying to hold the line long enough for their forces to retreat. He was the sole survivor, cut off behind enemy lines. Wracked by guilt and unable to return home, he chose to go on a quest for penance. He now seeks out a holy text that was stolen many years ago from his people's holy city, The Divine Comedia.
>>
>>44283347
Hence why I used the same image. I wasn't hiding my theft of the character.
>>
>>44283426
No, I found it pretty funny. I was glad to rediscover the image.
>>
He's a Human Cavalier from a backwards farming community who didn't know the god of humanity was dead. After the party cleric told him his god was dead, he continued to strive towards upholding the values of humanity. Literally only reason he isn't a paladin is because his god is dead.
>>
File: weldinggoggles.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
weldinggoggles.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>looks
Average build, pale-ish skin, steel grey eyes, completely bald (this includes eyebrows), wearing welding goggles and a robe-like coat that has a hood and all kinds of gizmos and gadgets hanging on it, with leggings made of similar material and heavy duty boots with metal caps.

>personality
Distant, almost apathetic but extremely focused when needed. Likes tinkering with mechanical contraptions more than socializing with those he travels with. Sometimes talks to his custom made electro-rifle as if it was an actual person, which he has named Jacob. Absolutely hates magic and those that harness it due to thinking that it is a crime against scientific thought.

>background
Was born in a city called Creed, which is the capital of a technocratic cult named the Brotherhood of Progress. He grew up surrounded with technology and those who developed and researched such things, which explains his vehement passion for tinkering. The brotherhood is one of the few nations that can provide for their people, so he has never known poverty, meaning that he has no respect for those who are worse off because he genuinely believes they brought it upon themselves for lack of trying or simply for not joining the brotherhood. A coalition of mages called the Circle of Enlightened Minds is at odds with the brotherhood, and the propaganda used to indoctrinate brotherhood citizens worked well on him, lending him his hatred of magic. Was accepted into a prestigious school where he specialized in the research, development and practical application of directed energy. This is where he built Jacob and various other energy based weapons, one design which came to be accepted as the standard issue weapon of the military arm of the Brotherhood. This success launched his career in the military, and also took him outside brotherhood territory to fight against the forces of the circle during which he was separated from his squad and met his current party.
>>
I finally found a group for Dark Heresy (my first time playing anything outside of Pathfinder) and I'm really looking forward to playing my scum. Kind of going for a Jason Todd sort of thing (his backstory is almost quite literally that he got caught stealing the inquisitor's rental limo when he was on a courtesy visit to his world's governor's palace) with a bit of Jesse Pinkman thrown in, trying to be one of the "smart" criminals, but never really quite getting it, so he's just happy he gets to work the streets in exchange for protection, which comes naturally to him anyway and he's not really that good in a fight so he's happy about any backup.
>>
File: Fwa.jpg (628 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
Fwa.jpg
628 KB, 2048x1152
>looks
A weathered, tired-looking snid. He's 24, but very short for his age (5'11"). He wears an old cloak draped over his torso, which obscures four of his arms, since that is a very rare trait and he doesn't want to scare off the humans he is often around. He always is carrying a walking stick.

>personality
Reluctant, for the most part. He hasn't lived among his people for half his life, and the only people who know of him are the folk of the villages he stops by to work as a traveling medicine man. He's very dedicated to his god, the Sky Archon, and when he's not moving between villages or in a village, he's doing some weird rituals.

>background
The second youngest of 19 children, he was born blessed by the Sky Archon - six fully grown arms as opposed to two full and four small and misshapen. He left home at adulthood, on the same day he turned twelve. After that, he's been living as a nomad, healing for meager pay, performing small rituals, hunting and foraging when he had too little silver to feed himself. The Archon sent him a vision in his dreams, and now it is his duty to ensure that the human king survives, lest something bad happen. He doesn't know what that thing is, but he isn't eager to find out.
>>
Page 10 bump, keep em coming
>>
Appearance: She's just over six feet, a little more with the horns. Big scales wings, eight-foot wingspan. Built like a linebacker. Covered in scars, since she doesn't wear much armor. Most of them can be see as red scales healed over skin, or a line of brighter red where they heal over scale. She's got two fairly nasty-looking scars, one across her throat, and one right between her breasts. In both cases, where someone jammed a knife into her; neither one took. She's a strong, burly, TOUGH motherfucker. She already looks like a halfdragon, but she's slowly growing more dragon-y.

Personality: She's proud, physical, and blunt. She's naturally suspicious of magic. Less for 'magic is bad' reasons, more for 'I don't know magic' reasons. Hard to judge it if you don't know what it can do. She's kinda greedy, but at the same time puts a lot of stock in generosity; It's not like she stuffs it in a bank, after all. The point of being wealthy is to be able to spend it; give your friends gifts, live it up, party and so on. So if she's doing well, her friends tend to be doing well just by association. She respects strength, courage, and obstinacy. If the tiny little bookworm stands up to her, she still might punch him through a wall, but hey, max respect for being willing to take a stand for your beliefs.

She's a mild crush on a flirtatious playboy of a merchant prince in a foreign land. It was really confusing for her; prior to meeting him, all of her interactions with merchants were the 'loot and plunder, barbarian raider' type. Then she meets this guy in this new land who will A, give her money for doing things, B, clearly is tremendously wealthy, and C, nobody else dares to fuck with him. It's like, he's *clearly* some kind of badass, right? Nobody would respect or fear him, people would just plunder his holdings, if he wasn't, right? Right?
>>
>>44291162
He also took great pains when they met to be somewhat respectful; when she had to ask things because she didn't know how they worked in this new land, he was able to explain them without rubbing in her lack of knowledge or making her feel stupid.
While the crush is unrequited, it IS a beautiful friendship, as only the "I give you money and favors, you hurt my enemies"-relationship can be.

She was born to a dragon-totem nomadic barbarian tribe, or at least, raised in one by her father. Very early on, she began to show signs of being a halfdragon, or dragonblooded, or whatever you want to call it; Unnatural strength, incredible toughness, scales, claws, fangs... Everything was looking good for her except for one detail. Her scales were red, not blue. She liked fire and heat, exhaled smoke when worked up instead of ozone. From what little she could gather of her mother, her mother had been a 'red lady' from distant lands, who'd stayed around just long enough to deliver her and then left. Her father, the tribes spirit-talker, later remarried to cement a treaty with another tribe. Her little half-brother is an aasimar, her stepmother a kindly woman of much-strained patience.

Well, that kind of thing makes you wonder, and it probably isn't too much fun growing up as a readily apparent 'different'. Still, it makes you tough as nails, and violent too. Rough and tumble, ready to answer any challenge and return any injury twice over. Proud, honorable, noble- for her particular barbarian view of nobility.

Then she got into a little hot water, her father suggested she go adventuring for a bit. And it's been a bit- three-ish years, and her exploration takes her further and further afield. Ranging north off the borders of the charted world, we find a new land of strange and interesting people... who mistrust her specifically as a foreigner, or recognize her as a noble of a neighboring, equally foreign country. That's kind of odd.
>>
>>44291211
At the behest of a local bigshot(her crush from above, their first meeting), she's subject to the magical equivalent of a blood test, and her lineage is determined to directly related to one of the big noble houses of this neighboring country. Like, she's the heir.

And the matriarch she's heir to is still alive, because she's still holding onto her reign with a deathgrip, given that she is purported to have no successor. (Her only daughter she disowned. At first our bold barbarian assumed herself to be daughter of this matriarch, sister to the disowned daughter; later she was corrected and informed that the disowned daughter was her mother.)

This raises all sorts of uncomfortable questions. From the adventuring side, "Can we make money off this?" and "How much are these lands you can claim worth?"
From the personal; "So my mother's alive and she never bothered to pay any attention to me after I was born. ...why?" and "Well, grandmother (a tremendous badass) disowned mother; does that extend to me, or...?"

Oh, and "Should I care?" and "Do I want to see either of them?"

Well, she considers Family to be a very strong bond, part of the reason she's so upset that her mother is alive and hasn't bothered to do anything about her. A lot of bottled-up resentment she thought she'd gotten over. But despite it all, she still wants answers- eventually. Something else is more important when we first arrive, and we pursue that with laser focus.
>>
>>44291249

And while that happened, a powderkeg smoldering in the country since long before the party arrived goes off, and the Red- and Blue-dragonblooded house are plunged into a knock-down-drag-out war. And while grandmother matriarch was a legendary badass in her prime, she's lost an arm and grown older since those times, and her house has by all accounts been on the decline for a decade or more. Whereas the Blue house, the opposite.

And though an outlander, a savage barbarian who doesn't know the niceties of Imperial Society, Roksha is mad as hell. She might have very little connection to this branch of her blood-family, but she'll be damned if she's known for *sitting out* of a war, let alone for coming so close to getting answers and losing her mother or grandmother to combat.
>>
>>Looks

A tubby young adult approaching six feet in height, dirty faced freckled with a matt of brown-red hair cropped above shaven sides. Strong shoulders, and large hands that look like they've seen work.

>>Personality

An everyman traveler, he is pretty gracious to others down on their luck and seems to get nervous whenever he has 'too much' money, as watching his father grow rich and old and cease traveling was heartbreaking to him. So he tends to spend more than he should on treating his friends to creature comforts. He doesn't understand the concept or really settling down in a single place and by extension hasn't really had any exposure to the idea of bedding and wedding a woman. He seems to be quick to anger when he thinks someone's pushed something too far-- feeling giving someone their lumps for wronging you is fair but even vengeance should be restrained as he was somewhat half-taught a dozen different religions as his traveling company changed.

>>Background
Though 'orphaned' on the side of the road, if asked he would be insulted. The large middle eastern man that took him into the caravan -is- his father, and was a great man until he passed away. His education was taught by intentionally shifting him from member to member in the caravan having him apprentice under many different trades all while focusing on understanding sale, supply and demand as well as the hard work something as simple as spice trade involved.

He had dozens of 'brothers' , one especially close probably not even a month or two apart from him , and nursed from the same 'mother'. There were often rumors that boy was his actual father's actual child. As members of the caravan came and left after finding their fortune only he and his father remained static-- however he kept correspondence in letters to those he was close with.

My goal is to have him introduced as a 'guide' for a level one party and play a skill monkey character like a knowledge bard, or a mastermind rogue.
>>
>Looks
Working on a Wood Elf Barbarian. His height is average for an elf but his build is quite muscular, like a lean soldier than a bear. His hair is long and dark, his skin a woody brown, and eyes a light green/brown like those of a wolf. His most distinquishing feature is a disfiguring scar along the side of his face that is greatly discoloured and rather pink. The scar sets off his otherwise handsome appearance. He wears fine elven clothes and jewellery, even if there is a bit of age and wear to them. He wears the pelt of a great wolf as a cloak, and is very possessive of it. He has a resting bitch-face, whether or not it being a result of the scar or his demeanour few can tell.

>Personality
He has a serious chip on his shoulder and carries it heavily. He seems to be annoying or angry at every moment, even in the softer ones where his anger seems more directed inward than outward. He's incredibly vain and haughty, holding himself to a higher standard than others, especially non-elves, but also belittling himself for his current situation. He's brusque and intimidating and not afraid to be blunt. He's not easily impressed, rather the best you can get for him is meeting his expectations. Those who dissapoint him are belittled, but he also picks up their slack, as if he feels he must. He does have a softer side, but it's portrayed as more tragic than kind/ His anger and fury however is cold and intense, not wild and burning. He definitely carries grudges and is sure to give what's deserved.
>>
>>44292407
>Background

The events that led to his exile are tragic and it seems he blames himself more than someone else, but it's clear he's seeking revenge for what happened. The scar is a wicked reminder of those events, which is why he belittles himself with the title of The Ugly given to him by a drunkard who didn't live long to spread it around.
>>
>>44279896
>Her diety's given her good undead-killing power in exchange for her never telling lies.
What's the connection there? Religious? Random? Just whatever?
3/10, needs more detail; probably a result of not having gotten to play it much.

>>44280944
>personality
A little edgy. Makes a lot more sense if there's some fey ancestry. Sidhe-style fey, not the nice kind. Get dat airship.
7/10

>>44281108
That belt and chain had better be some kind of artifact doodads with a dark and sinister past.
6/10.

>>44281115
Seems a bit odd for anything but a mid or high level campaign. Surely he can't have lost everything from being a barbarian? And what about his wife, did he ever find her?
5/10

>>44281269
9/10, would start rock band with and get into crazy band adventures

>>44281493
Bland, but if I was running a game, that's the kind of backstory I'd want PCs to bring me. Simple, to the point, helps get hooks in. Complex stuff is emergent anyway.
7/10

>>44281729
Making me want to play a rogue too/10

>>44281738
D-did his grandma actually show up and play?

>>44282118
>drow leaving for the surface for any reason
Good on you. Get out as fast as you can and don't look back.
>landscknecht
Amusing and interesting.
8+1/10, bonus for both characters having slick threads
>>
>>44282822
Is it cheating if you start a horror campaign half-cracked already?
Interesting, adequate backstory, might not stick around long enough to share it.
6/10

>>44282993
Doesn't sound too interesting to play with. Maybe if played for humor? 'Average dude (but lucky)' seems like a gimmick that would get tired easily.
5/10, insufficient information.
>>
>>44283194
Sounds narrowly useful, but not the kind of fellow the party will drag with them into dungeons. Then again, most parties do need a lawyer eventually.
5/10 pending background

>>44283380
I'm sorry, I'm trying to get over "goddess of laughter" and "crusade against other faiths". Why don't you just mock them to death? Did you?
6/10, 7/10 if he's open about his past

>>44283566
Keep the faith, brother. Your actions sustain Him.
6/10

>>44283685
Antisocial loner, standoffish, etc. make me roll my eyes, but it sounds interesting and has me intrigued by the setting as well.
7/10

>>44285432
Good luck, friendo. Dark Heresy was my first non-D&D game too. Like the flavor of the backstory. Hope you'll be visiting technic worlds so you can hijack many more limos.

>>44285508
Crustaceans are sorely under-represented in player characters. (Cephalopods too.) Always like to see priests actually doing their deity's will, rather than just 'being a cleric of'.
8/10
>>
>>44279820
35 year old Brown skinned bald headed fighter with a beard fighter with a beard

Was a barkeep and after years of listening and being a therapist to hundreds of soldiers and adventures he's gave his Son and Daughter the keys to the tavern and is heading out to try his hand in this whole adventuring thing
>>
>>44294626
>35 year old Brown skinned bald headed fighter with a beard fighter with a beard

I love copying and paste to fix a mistake

Forgot to mention he's an extremely amicable and empathetic man always willing to lend a ear and shoulder to someone
>>
Playing a fallen sky pirate stranded on the blue sea, my online character for the /tg/ crew on the One Piece forum. He's not bad looking but kind of rugged and messy, and wears a pilot's jacket and jeans. Personality-wise he's rather incompetent and a bit goofy, though everything is so strange and bewildering to him, since he only recently just fell from the sky. His background is he lived and grew up on a mountain range above the cloud line, and ended up becoming a sky pirate. After a few years his crew started to follow clues and rumors about a big treasure, and he was mutinied against and made to walk the plank. He only barely managed to survive the fall with a jetpack that was destroyed in the process, so now he wanders the blue sea trying to make a life for himself.
>>
>>44294658
>>44294626
I like the bartender-psychologist pairing. Make sure to write letters to his children, and justify knowledge checks as "Well, I heard from a patron at one point..."
>>
>>44279820
Finally worked out the details of the Paladin I'll be playing soon. I'm pretty excited, it's my first D&D experience that isn't a screencap on /tg/.

>Looks

Tall, heavily-built half-orc. Makes a point of not letting his hair become unkempt and "barbaric" looking - usually keeps his hair in a ponytail and is clean-shaven. He generally attempts to appear as civilized as reasonably possible for a half-orc, so he dresses relatively well. Think "landsknecht with more plates" when he's armored up. Wields a halberd as his main weapon, and really likes huge, wide-brimmed plumed hats.

>Personality

Exceedingly self-conscious about his orcish heritage. He doesn't actually hate Orcs (Paladin, remember), but is heavily biased against anything he perceives as primitive or savage. He is almost painfully polite and chivalrous, overcompensating for the problems inherent to anyone with Orc ancestry. He does believe he needs to "prove himself" to the humans and elves around him, but far more importantly he feels that he needs to go the extra mile on the side of good to keep his Orc urges under control. He struggles massively to keep himself from acting without thought, and it's not always a successful struggle.

>Background

The third son of a very minor noble family. Mind you, his older brothers are pure human. Suffice to say, the lady of the house was less than faithful - what she saw in an Orc is still a mystery. However, his father refused to toss him out, and raised him as his own son, though well out of the public eye. Our Swiss half-orc decided to repay his essentially adoptive father's kindheartedness by taking it upon himself to take up arms in defense of all that is good and civilized, and also by concealing his relation to his family in order to preserve their reputation.

He firmly believes that he is part of a greater plan, though what that plan is, he doesn't claim to know.
>>
File: FFCC white mage clavat.jpg (118 KB, 571x684) Image search: [Google]
FFCC white mage clavat.jpg
118 KB, 571x684
>Looks
Young, probably around 20 years old, female human. Brown eyes, brown hair that's in large, thick braids. Freckles and light-colored skin that tans easily. Kind of cute but not enough to turn heads or stop people in their tracks. She's a bit short and has a good amount of muscle. Not fat or chubby, but just a little bit of meat on her bones so she's not frail or sickly looking and you can tell she likes to eat. Smiles often, dresses a bit plain and modestly when not in armor. Likes hats.

>Background
I'm designing her for D&D 5E, so she's a Human Cleric with a Folk Hero background. No definite deity yet but I'm leaning towards Chauntea or Boldrei, or a similar deity depending on the setting.
She grew up in a small commoner village as the only daughter of a farmer and his wife. No major traumas or tragedies except for the usual commoner-style dilemmas.
I haven't decided her Defining Event yet since I think that's something I'd have to discuss with a DM for backstory/proper plot purposes, but I imagine it was either saving the village from a natural disaster (perhaps a link to her cleric powers) or standing up to a tyrant/band of bandits/corrupt official.
I've never played a cleric before so I'm not sure how exactly they tend to come into cleric-hood so I'd have to figure out how exactly she became a cleric while most of the village were farmers.

>Personality
Laid-back, humble, and overwhelmingly kind. Doesn't tend to stand out a lot in a crowd. In spite of this if she's riled up enough she's got some of that stern countryfolk backbone and can holler loud enough to make your ears ring. A bit motherly and likes to cook.
Being a cleric only enhances her innate desire to help others, though I imagine this is a trait that could easily be taken advantage of. Wise for her age, but since she's young she's a bit naive and too optimistic at times. 10 INT.

I just played a very grimdark campaign so I wanted to create a "softer" character, with heavy FF: CC inspiration.
>>
>>44295146
I was discussing character creation with a friend and brought up my idea for her character and he told me, "Isn't she a bit plain?"

I can agree with that, but I don't really have a problem with it. Some people want to play a crazy changeling rogue or a halfling wizard or something ridiculous and memorable, and some people want to play a tiefling paladin or half-orc barbarian with tragic backstories, and that's okay. Some people want to be a sexy seductress and others want to be charismatic, prideful nobles. That's cool. But I guess that's just not what I want to play right now. Sometimes you just want to play a simple, kindhearted cleric girl.

Add in that I just replayed Crystal Chronicles recently and that just cemented this character idea.
>>
Never posted on /tg/ before, but saw this thread and wanted to give it a shot. Took some random quiz on /v/ earlier about what RPG class I was and got Gear Enchanter and just got lost in making up a whole character. Here goes nothing:

>Background
Mischievous kid and all-around troublemaker at a young age. Always known in his small village as the kid who would always play jokes and pranks on others and accidentally take it just a tad too far. He's gifted with enchanting objects at a young age, but his parents were too poor to afford proper education. As a result, his talent surpassed his knowledge. Without the proper discipline and training, his pranks would always accidentally leave someone maimed or injured. Like enchanting the shoes of a school bully to kick his own ass, but losing control of them until the kid was beaten bloody. Or enchanting scissors to cut the hair of a girl who turned him down for revenge, but the scissors would keep going until every hair in her body was gone. He never means harm, but inevitably ends up causing it. By his teens, he's a social outcast mistreated and unliked by most the village.

It was then, at his loneliest, that he began to mess around with constructs. Building creatures out of junkyard scraps, or rocks and wood and enchanting them with life. It started small at first, a dog made from wooden planks and broken junk. Years later, it would evolve into massive earthen golems. He'd never imbue them with any more sentience than just following basic commands, but magic has a funny way of turning on him. After losing control of a golem that rampages through the town, destroying property and killing an innocent person, he was forced to run from home and become a fugitive.

I have more if anyone really cares. Not expecting to join a game or anything, I just really like inventing stories sometimes.
>>
File: 1446078350749.jpg (51 KB, 585x720) Image search: [Google]
1446078350749.jpg
51 KB, 585x720
>>44279820
Currently in super-alpha stage of designing a character for a Final Fantasy campaign set in futuristic Ivalice. They will be replacing my old character in the main party since he kinda became a main antagonist. I'm having trouble brainstorming a lot of his/her main details, mostly because I'm so ingrained in my other character I want to make sure I don't half ass this one.

Name unknown, class is Scholar (basically a shield/support mage with a fairy familiar from the XIV mmo)

>Looks
Not sure, probably going to play a female since the party is a dudefest and our female NPC left as well. No idea on the race either, but literally any FF race is available.

>Personality
Thinking of going for a haughty, self-assured, know-it-all type. Tends to rub people the wrong way, but definitely has the real knowledge to back up her claims. Probably has some kind of big weakness that she focuses very hard on not letting anyone see. Maybe she's overprotective of a little sister, or made a massive mistake in her research that got people hurt that she's still trying to fix.

>Background
Perhaps a Noble, maybe just the only heir to a mostly deceased family adopted by her father's friend or something. Something that gives her a reasonable excuse to have attended prestigious magic schools and done very high level research.
>>
>>44279820

Togruta sniper with an animal companion. Latent Firce sensitivity. Basically a Ranger in Star Wars. I like her a lot.
>>
>>44279820
The character I have been playing in my main group these past few months is a human warlock of Baphomet named Marcus (DnD 5e, playing an OotA campaign). He is the crazy brand of warlock with little morals, but wasn't always as such. He use to be a squire to his father, a knight of the royal army. His father tried his best to train him, but Marcus lacked the competence to use any weapons competently other than a dagger, but was good with a shield and lighter armor. Sensing his father's disappointment, Marcus ran away from home.

It was here he met a wizard who just so happened to be looking for an apprentice. The wizard tried to train Marcus in the ways of magic, but he again failed to rise to expectations. Marcus cursed his lack of talent and one night decided to look into some old tomes the wizard had to find a way to become more powerful.

He found a book that detailed a way to safely commune with demon lords. After a bloody sacrifice of a woodland creature, he make contact with Baphomet. Baphomet promised Marcus great power if he swore allegiance to him and killed in his name. Marcus reluctantly agreed and was gifted warlock powers. The wizard found out shortly after the ritual was complete what had happened. It was too late to save Marcus, so the wizard decided to try and kill him, but Baphomet gave Marcus a foreshadowing of this betrayal and in the end, Marcus killed his own mentor for Baphomet and from then on slowly corrupted and twisted to the man he is today. Marcus now only seeks more power and will kill anyone he has to in order to become the greatest warlock in existence.

On a side note he has black hair and green eyes. His skin was pale but was recently turned a dark blue.
>>
A kiasyd
just a kiasyd
some old fart with shriveled up lips and saggy eyes
someone who does not fight neither physically nor verbally.
someone who just opens portals for the gang or makes dinner. someone you talk to not because hes a great fixer of things but because he wont judge you. with goblinism. some goblins for him to boss around and most likely stumble over and break his glass bones. his hobby in the after life? collect lighters. yes thats right . from zippos to "why wont this trash work fuck it" he collects them all. he asks the party to collect them for him cuz he wont leave the basement/house. maybe even send goblins to steal them from drunk ppl in bars ? . storing blood in one ore 10 of his lighters to hand out to the party.
"if you fall on some hard times Sonny just bite on one of these"
what does he do wilst the party is out killing ppl with katanas at mach 3? shine his zippos prepare for the evac portal. "that darn goblin been on my collection again im missing the blue one with the dolphin on it GET OVER HERE U LITTLE GREEN SHIT"
i realy wanna play dis guy
>>
>>44297811
>kiasyds dogma is riddles. what kind of riddles is he solving shining zippos in a basement?
well yes kiasyds are fascinated with riddles and knowledge but why always play a librarian?
one of the biggest riddles in 21 century is
".. where is my lighter?"
and he has the answer
"in my basement"
infact he has allot of answers to allot of ppls questions. wich pleases him greatly.
>you aint gonna do much and will most likely find yourself watching the other PCs battle and shine while you shine your zippos
well thats up to the ST and the party. i might just get information from the nossie network wilst captain badass swings his katana but thats ok. i like my chars passive but helping
>>
>>44294162
>That belt and chain had better be some kind of artifact doodads with a dark and sinister past.
I got the chain with teeth necklace after we fought a sea serpent (basically a fuckhuge snake with fish scales and a dragon head): I punched it a few times and then it left us alone. A shame, since I wanted to tame it. My teammates were against it though.

My GM already said that the necklace is going to be relevant to the plot for sure later. I admit that I'm a wee bit scared.
>>
File: 126546315.gif (801 KB, 245x254) Image search: [Google]
126546315.gif
801 KB, 245x254
>>44295146
Wouldtotallygamewith/10

I just like this kind of background and motivation! Humble, with a knack for simple things
>>
>>44279820
Born in Not-asia and brought to the Wizard school by her to-be master as a child. The Archmage took over and trained her personalty after he has caught her looking into all the forbidden stuff. From the beginning her master believed that a prophecy was actually talking about her, even though everyone else, including the Archmage were like "nah".

Like her master, did whatever, and actually helped people instead of being stuckup like a proper Wizard. And the other wizards blamed her masters influence.

She discovered her masters dead body desert. Questioned the Archmage, and decided that her master was murdered, She confronted the Archmage about this. Even though he tried to stop her, she left Wizard school after kicking his ass. (with relative ease, cause PC levels).

After, she (now age 19) ventured to the starting area, pursuing a sighting of a fallen star.
>>
>>44297887
>character:
he has gazed to far
at some point in his past in the pocket dimension he contacted something deep down in the abyss
or maybe it has contacted him anyhow a glance at that being made him lose it.
is rest self gathered what was still human and warm in his essence and found a scene.
he was a student in jena and a mediocre one at that. he was called to one of his teachers to get some beating. johann wolfgan Döbereiner. as he got skulked he noticed a fascinating object on his desk. asking him what it is for. the teacher grabbed it and KLICK there was a flame in his hand.

that flame was the only thing his mind could grasp before the rest went silent.

>grumpy
>mumbles to himself when he feels unnoticed
>hates the noise trains make when they stop
>>
File: 354567687775.png (30 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
354567687775.png
30 KB, 208x200
I'm going to play a handicapped notdracomalfoy in a couple of weeks.

In a previous game with my group he was a minor villain. A major villain put him up to steal a magical artifact that was being used to power a security system and replace it with a fake. This would have created a backdoor for the major villain to raid the city, but our group stopped notdraco in a fight that resulted in damaging his spine.

Now he's stuck in a floating wheelchair professor x style. He wants revenge on the people that left him like this. He wants to fix his body. He wants his father to look him in the eye again. But regardless of what he wants, first he needs to undo his suspension from nothogwarts. Which is why he's in this new party. To work off his crimes through community service.

My buddy is playing a necromancer disguised as the janitor. We're planning on his character seducing dark side style not literally notdraco into necromancy by dangling the hope of fixing his body. But maybe notdraco won't go to the dark side. Maybe his misadventures with this new party full of notmudbloods will make him stop being a massive prick.
>>
>>44279820
Crafting a fun villian for my new Degenesis campaign after I run my friends through the Module
>>
I've got three characters I've been wanting to play.

1. Arthur 15, aka Knuckler. Human Phys-adept shadowrunner. Part of a corporate cloning project to shake more adepts out of his clone-daddy's DNA, only awakened after he was kicked out of the program (poisoned) for taking too long. Stint with a gang taught him about life outside the arcology but martial arts/ascetic training meant his heart wasn't in it. Now has a vow of poverty until he can find and kill his clone brothers/father and corporate handlers to prove he's the best one. Specializes in disarming people and destroying their weapons. Has enormous willpower/discipline and will walk across the city barefoot in the snow if he has to. He's pretty passive personality-wise but is perfectly willing to do shocking or horrible things for Mr. Johnson. He loves Baseball, which is the only thing he will get worked up about. After every run he goes to see a Mariners game and buys nachos and beer.

2. Kurt Meizzen, aka Termite. Orc infiltrator. Tall, thin, creepy motherfucker. Loves being sneaky and breaking in to places just because he can, bordering on the obsession. Has wheeled microdrones for spying. Favorite move is to climb up, drip something sticky on the floor, and ambush someone when they step in it.

3. Half baked idea. A classic fighter who's adventuring just so he can brag about how badass he is. "Oh, you shot a boar with a crossbow? I killed a Beholder with a broadsword and took its magic jewels!"
>>
>>44279820
I'm playing Bacaouba, the spirit of water that alters movement.

The other players are pretty generic adventurers (including a bounty hunter, a blind priest, a ranger and a wanted man.) And things are pretty awesome.

My character looks like a young man with golden blonde hair, which always seems to be wet.

He's very buoyant and wants to experience everything the world has to offer.
>>
>>44279820

Campaign just ended a few days ago after a year of playing, but here goes.

>Looks
An average-sized, yellow-haired man in an old leather jacket, a pair of jeans and seems to be perpetually smoking a cigarette. Around 35 years old.

>Personality
Calm and clever most times, but prone to fits of rage when frustrated or when his friends or family are in danger. Unwilling to put innocents into danger, but ruthless and even cruel to his enemies. His defining trait is determination: he never stays down and never gives up if there's someone standing in his way.

>Background
Once a Russian black ops operative, he tried to quit when his daughter was born. It was assumed that he was going to leak information and his former unit tried to kill him and his family, but they managed to escape. After that, Sasha found a safe place for his family, while he has been freelancing as an enforcer and a spy.

>Bonus round: where he's now
Stopped the international Vampire conspiracy with three other people, finally settled down with his family in French countryside when they were no longer in danger.
>>
>>44294162
>Bland, but if I was running a game, that's the kind of backstory I'd want PCs to bring me
Yeah, I actually wrote that for my DM and just posted it here. I could go on about tiny details that don't matter but then people would just gloss over it anyway
>>
File: Gnoll cleric flail.png (234 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
Gnoll cleric flail.png
234 KB, 500x482
Gnoll cleric. He believes in a God named 'God in the Walls' which is essentially a God of civilization from an outsider's perspective. He believes that walls are magic because humans keep pouring out of them, with horses and magic and food and beer, and that there must be a God in them since Gnolls keep losing to people weaker and smaller then they are. So he turned to that God.

His personality is generic outsider trying to fit in, with a bunch of weird quotes and euphemisms relating to Gnolls. He will say something really offensive or gross and then say 'sorry, Gnollish saying'

His current goal besides just adventuring is to start a family with a nice she gnoll or too; raise a bunch of pups in a proper city, not out in the wilderness like a bunch of savages like he was.
>>
>>44299654
I like this concept more than I probably should.
>>
File: 6546845135.jpg (57 KB, 816x466) Image search: [Google]
6546845135.jpg
57 KB, 816x466
>>44298392
I kind of like him by description alone.
>>
File: 135468323457.png (167 KB, 393x349) Image search: [Google]
135468323457.png
167 KB, 393x349
>>44294307
>doesn't like to have at least one straight guy in the party

found the pleb
>>
>>44294162

He was still a young adult(17-19) back when he lost his wife. That was his first raid outside of his band's territory. He never found his wife, which is in part why he snapped. After a while he couldn't tell where the horse had gone anymore, and that was just more grief and pain. Like I said, he became feral. Didn't think about much of anything anymore, he was just attacking anyone that showed up, and even then he was too weak to fight off anyone other than unprepared travellers.

So basically, he wasn't as mighty of a barbarian to begin with - sure, attacking unprepared small villages made him feel invincible, but the minute he found one with guards that would fight back, he lost the battle. He also decided to leave his former life behind him, accepting it existed but that the raider and barbarian wasn't in him anymore. His fury died, the thirst for riches and greatness along with it. Now he just wants to be the best he can be, and to find out what that is. His wife was also never found, he accepted her as dead when he lost her trail.

These details weren't included in my previous post for fear of it getting bogged down, but also laziness. The whole backstory text was made in another language, and I didn't really feel like translating it all. The core of the character is all there, though, and I hope this helped clarify things. Thanks for rating.
>>
A street punk who clawed her way into the attentions of the local gang of thugs mostly by being too stubborn to stay down when she was getting the shit beaten out of her, developed a completely inappropriate crush on the leader who couldn't give less of a shit about anything that wasn't 1) fuck the po-lice or 2) gotta be the best sword guy, honed her kung fu, ditched the gang when she finally realized they were mostly being evil little shits instead of Robin Hood types, ended up getting taken in by a faction that wishes to produce the greatest heroes the realm has ever known (so long as they're female) by being kinda good at swording and really good at not knowing when to give up; now they're trying to make her into a proper lady, a task that's mostly failed (why do you need to know how to properly talk to men when you can LET YOUR SWORD DO THE TALKING, etc).

Right now, she's trying to get super strong and seize glory by her own merits because that's what a wuxia warrior does (and also so senpai will notice her, but not notice her so much he remembers that whole 'oh yeah that's the one who ditched my gang' thing).
>>
File: aryn shaded.jpg (326 KB, 758x904) Image search: [Google]
aryn shaded.jpg
326 KB, 758x904
Aryn Serevaine. Something of a legacy character with throwbacks to my entire group.

A poor Taldane-descended kid from Riddleport, Aryn's parents already saw the loss of their eldest daughter (who actually went and became a ninja, apparently). He parents put him through Academy (run by another old PC, an alchemist obsessed with knowledge, medicine, science and passing it along to others) where he learned.. Quite a lot, despite being something of a reckless punk. Ended up befriending the tiefling son of the city's current Overlord and was a solid anti-bullying measure, earning a bit of punch and developing weapon skill because he had to.

On his and his friend's graduation from Academy, he realized that he really didn't want to remain in Riddleport any longer, and so the two of them set off to Magnimar to join the Pathfinder Society.

Two late teen magi going off to become Pathfinders. What could go wrong.

Anyway, he's like 6'1" and ridiculously muscled under his coat (which his mom made for him) despite having a bit of a girly baby-face. Makes up for that by having a lot of swagger and smugness that cover an actual nervous punk kid who's in over his head. It's fun so far- I'm liking writing for him, and writing his IC journal of all the crazy shit they're running into already. Kind of a Nathan Drake with less smugness and more 'oh god what is going on'.
>>
Up you go.
>>
One last bump?
>>
>>44303611
>>44305986
Could always try commenting on posted characters to bump it.
>>
Been working on a character for an AoR Star Wars game.

>Looks
A petite Bothan woman who's all smiles, very friendly. She has blonde-brown fur with some darker patches. Bright green eyes, usually dressed in fashionable clothing.

>Personality
Outwardly warm, friendly and charming. She's always happy to sit and listen to your troubles and to make sure you leave her business (a restaurant) with a smile. Of course, she's a Bothan. She's an analytical, sharp-minded woman who's also paying attention to what people are saying to try and glean relevant information, especially anything that can be useful for her actual employers in Alliance Intelligence. Witty and a bit caustic, also tends to be a bit distant in reality, so she doesn't get too attached to the people she works with or her neighbors, even if she has to act like an upstanding member of the community.
>>
>>44306251

>Background
Raised as an appropriate heir to two familial fortunes and groomed for a potential future in Bothuwai politics, Kothri learned how to flatter, cajole, and even deceive in order to get what she needed, rising through cut-throat student government elections and a competitive entry to a top Bothan university to get the education she needed.

Set to progress onward in her career, the destruction of Alderaan shocked her out of relative complacency regarding the Empire. If the Empire would destroy Alderaan, one of the founding members of the Galactic Republic, what would they do to Bothuwai? While others preached neutrality as the best course of action in the burgeoning Galactic Civil War, Kothri set herself to make sure that her people would be represented in the Galactic Alliance to Restore the Republic. Her family disapproved of the choice, seeking to cleave to safety by following traditional Bothan neutrality. Her decision to depart Bothan space and seek enrollment in the Alliance separated her from her family--though she cares for them deeply, she dares not endanger them or their revered neutrality by communicating with them, especially since her father is required to make trips out of Bothan space for his business requirements. Exposing him to her or her work might risk his arrest. As such, Kothri hasn't communicated with her family in nearly half a decade.

After passing muster into the Alliance, Kothri turned her skills towards Alliance intelligence and was placed in charge of an intelligence cell, 'handling' a deep cover agent in the Outer Rim. She poses as a simple entrepreneur, running a restaurant that serves home-cooked Core-world food that’s sure to appeal to lonely Imperials out on the Rim for the first time. She’s a warm, gracious hostess and always has a warm smile and kind word for everyone who crosses her door.
>>
>>44306082
that's for after work when bosses aren't lurking around
>>
Currently making a human druid, leaning towards TN or LN, not sure quite how to take her in the direction i'm thinking.

I'm sick of hippie druids so I want a more darwinistic, survival-based druid. The dilemma is what to have her think of human/advanced humanoid race societies.

Some believe human civilization destroys nature, as they cut down forests and form the land to fit their needs. But others believe that human civilization is still nature, that's just their ecosystem/habitat. So do I have her struggle with that or just go one way or the other?

I'd also like to introduce more pagan/wicca aspects like weird bloodletting/sacrificial rituals on certain nights in the light of the moon, but I feel that would learn more towards evil or just...not fit in well with a group.

I'd also plan on her having only ever met a handful of humanoids in her entire life, but once again that could cause group problems if it wasn't roleplayed well.
>>
>>44306294
write in a notepad
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.