[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does your character/party deal with traitors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
How does your character/party deal with traitors?
>>
>>44278332
Scorched earth campaign against them. Doesn't matter how far they run, how many opportunities the party has to pass up, or how far out of their way they need to go.

Perseverance past the point of rationality is the order of the day. Treachery is the single biggest death flag an NPC can raise in the campaign, because my party becomes so angry that they will basically start shooting through each other to hit the traitor if it comes down to that.

It was quite impressive to watch them sabotage everything that they had accomplished to pursue a low-level intelligence officer who sold them out on one mission across half the known world, until the guy had a heart attack from the constant stress of them being two steps behind him.
>>
>>
>>44278524

Torturing innocent people?
>>
>>44278524
>NO DAD, PLEASE DON'T CLEAN MY EARS
>IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, SON
>>
File: 946.jpg (48 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
946.jpg
48 KB, 700x520
>>44278567
>Huey "that's clearly a wolf" Emmerich
>innocent
>of anything
>ever

Reminder that this man is responsible for:
>The destruction of MSF
>Using his own son as a test subject for a fucking Metal Gear
>Murdering Strangelove for stopping him using Hal as a pilot
>Eli escaping with an intact and fully operational Metal Gear
>The mutation of the vocal cord parasite and wobalchia

Huey's murder count is in the fucking hundreds.
>>
File: 1443577787_1443481045844.png (449 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
1443577787_1443481045844.png
449 KB, 736x552
>>44278690
>>
>>44278690
>Using his own son as a test subject for a fucking Metal Gear

To be fair, Hal probably wanted to pilot Sahalenthropus just like in his japanese animes.
>>
>>44278332
Offer them the chance to commit Seppuku to cleanse their family's name of their shame.

If they refuse, execute them.
>>
File: eb646bc43aec09392f42760619d9ff20.jpg (670 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
eb646bc43aec09392f42760619d9ff20.jpg
670 KB, 1000x1415
>>44278332
We beat them to a pulp and lock them up.

We're superheroes, what do you expect us to do?
>>
File: 1450492485437.jpg (113 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450492485437.jpg
113 KB, 750x1000
>>44278332
Shoot them in the head at the first opportunity. That's what my character would do.
>>
>>44278332

We just kill them. In all the elaborate stories I've read on /tg/ about one guy plotting to fuck the party over, it never works. Remember, the other players are smarter than you could ever be. It always ends with the rest of the group holding down that one guy and tearing him apart.

It's like in our evil campaign, where I was a Blackguard. After the big final battle, I called my squire over and killed him. The GM went "HOW DID YOU KNOW?" My response was "The other PCs told me. Why the fuck would they ever side with an NPC against another party member?"

Lots of hurt feelings that day. I know he wanted it to be 'thematic' and evil destroying itself and all that, but we stayed together, pillaged the city together, and conquered the world together with an iron fist.
>>
My part once had an NPC betray them. They tracked the guy across half the world, raped then killed his entire family in front of him, put the little son in the wife then the party mage blew them up allowing the guy to be showered with their chunks, then cut his arms and legs and cut out his eyes and hanged him in a cage. They healed him cobstantly and whenever they met another guy they poked the man to tell him his story
>>
File: 135468323459.jpg (63 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
135468323459.jpg
63 KB, 400x366
>>44281670
>>
>>44281684
Tell me about it. I didnt know the group so it was kinda shocking and after that it just got worse. A week in i left and havent seen them since
>>
>>44281735
Was it an evil campaign?
>>
>>44281762
Yeah. But i thought it would be some normal conquer/pillage/rape everything kinda campaign. Boy i was in for a surprise. And that scene wasnt even the worst thing to happen
>>
Actually kind of happened already. In a couple of campaigns.

In a 5e D&D campaign, we were playing in the GM's homebrewed setting. In it, halflings had to fend off these catfolk that found them delicious and raided them constantly. While exploring some ruins, we captured one to learn what his group was doing there. After the interrogation, my halfling character decided to finish the beast off. After having dealt with these things attacking his home and family all his life, he wasn't going to leave it alive. Our ranger, however, took mercy on our prisoner and fired a "warning shot" at my weapon to try and stop me. He ended up getting stabbed. Not lethal, just really painfully. It was one part player stupidity, one part chaotic good dumbness, one part some people get angry.

Also had a Rogue Trader game where a player willing gave them self over to chaos. He was shot...repeatedly. In out defense, he wanted his character to die.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.