[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: HolidayCard2009.jpg (615 KB, 1680x1147) Image search: [Google]
HolidayCard2009.jpg
615 KB, 1680x1147
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Seoni's Kinks Edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will ask (probably about DSP).

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd (embed)

Previous Thread: >>44264665
>>
First for new DSP playtest

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472513-Dreamscarred-Press-Psionics-Augmented-Occult
>>
Seoni would be 3x cuter if she didn't have those terrible tattoos all over her.
>>
>>44274403
Stop, don't be a fag.
>>
>>44274403
Disagree.
>>
Quick! Who is your favorit Horseman of the Apocalypse?
>>
What spells, regardless of class, are good to have for an archer? Fairly long-range stuff, so perception bonuses are also good.
>>
>>44274423
Conquest.
>>
>>44274423
Charon.
>>
>>44274423
Szuriel.
>>
>>44274443
freedom of movement, teleport, dimension door
>>
>>44274423

O Szuriel, I acknowledge you as the Great Destroyer of the Universe.
All that has been created you will corrupt and destroy. Exercise upon me all your rights.

I spit on redemption and to it I shall renounce.
My life is yours Lord, let me be your herald and executioner.
My actions shall lead other hearts away from salvation.
All shall acknowledge Your sacred royalty and crawl in terrified devotion.
>>
>>44274423
Deathie is cool.
>>
>>44274443
Gravity Bow, Bow Staff. There are probably some more in Ultimate Combat

>>44274423
That one Horseman that is just being sock-puppeted by the previous Horseman before him
>>
>>44274363
>the most clothing Seoni has ever worn
>somehow the Sexiest she has ever looked
How does one explain this phenomena? Then again, I do have a thing for women in fur coats.
>>
How did your session go this weekend, /pfg/?
>>
>>44274423
REMOVE WAR
REMOVE PESTILENCE
REMOVE FAMINE

Death is pretty a'ight, though.
>>
>>44274678
Didn't happen, DM was hanging with family as it's close to christmas time. We decided to chill and talk about Star Wars instead.
>>
>>44274593
It's the bare leg and bondage by way of christmas lights.
>>
>>44274678
Got my first taste of divination magic, may get to try magic eye and die tactics next session.

I dread the next few hours as I will have to update every single macro as well as write up more new ones for my new summon monsters.
>>
>Comprehensive Education:
>Humans raised with skilled teachers draw upon vast swathes of knowledge gained over centuries of civilization. They gain all knowledge skills as class skills, and they gain a +1 racial bonus on skill checks for each Knowledge skill that they gain as a class skill from their class levels. This racial trait replaces skilled.

Wow, isn't it nice being a wizard? I think paizo would agree.
>>
>>44274363
>Seoni's Kinks

SUMMON MONSTER X
Or Summon Nature's Ally X when Lini is visiting.

>>44274423
Toss up between Szuriel and Charon.

>>44274678
I missed it, because I was attending my dad's wedding. It's a shame I missed it too, from the recap I got it was jam packed with stuff and things. My group is having an extra session tomorrow apparently that I also won't be able to make it to for reasons, but since I don't think I'll actually be busy at the time of the session, we were talking about the idea of me Skyping in on the session. I could at least participate in the role playing, and I won't need a recap since I'll hear what's going on LIVE.

Incidentally, anyone ever do this before? Does it work well? I'm already assuming that I'll just let the people that can actually see the map control my character during combat.
>>
Reposting rules, alternate racial trait for one of the halfling civilisations in my setting.

Alternate Racial Trait: Scion of Myrath – Replace your +2 Cha modifier with a +2 Int modifier and gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures with the undead subtype. This trait replaces Halfling Luck

How well is it balanced, underpowered or overpowered?
>>
>>44274678
Didn't happen, gonna go to the dungeons of femininity tomorrow.
>>
>>44274752
+1 to attack rolls against undead is half as broad as +1 to saving throws in an uncommon type. I suggest something not unlike favored enemy (undead) +1 (which is half of the +2 the ranger gets).
>>
>>44274756
Brace your loins. And maybe kill the tranny elf, he is kinda stupid.
>>
>>44274443
improving your accuracy is obviously good
mobility spells, including flight and combat teleports
anti-illusion spells like See Invisibility, Echolocation, or the big daddy True Seeing
a way to get around Wind Wall effects, usually by making yourself a big guy and then shooting big arrows
a way to hide yourself, like vanish, invisibility, obscuring mist

magic does everything in mathfinder. just ask yourself; what do you want to do?
>>
>>44274838
...yes. I mean what does that sort of stuff, though. I have no idea at all since I'm new to this and people told me to come here and ask
>>
>>44274861
your initial question was general, so you get a general answer. "archer" is not a pathfinder class
>>
>>44274861
For full on Magic Archery, go Eldritch Archer Magus.
>>
>>44274861
A Wizard that prestiges into Arcane Archer, I guess? There's a new archetype of Magus (well, it's not that new anymore) that's specialized in ranged combat which could be great for that too. Less spells but more BAB and class features better suited to what you seem to want. Just make sure to avoid the shitty, older Magus archetype for ranged combat. The good one is... Eldritch Archer or something, I think? It's from Heroes of the Street.
>>
>>44274948
Arcane Archer is lame.
Eldritch Archer is pretty great.
>>
>>44274756
BURN THE WITCH
>>
>>44274423
>TFW you're the only sick nigga diggin' on Apollyon
>>
>>44274678
7 blokes versus 45 Numerian soldiers. We're surrounded on all fronts, those poor bastards.
>>
>>44274948
Myrmidons are potentially more useful now that Weapon Master's Handbook came out. Myrmidons get Weapon Training, so you can build yourself a decent Thrown Weapon build with Startoss Style with them and grab the Weapon Training options from the book
>>
>>44274736
It's actually only equivalent to 10 levels worth of Skilled, 11 if you have access to Knowledge (Martial). So it's still a bad trade, just not immediately obvious until later. It's worded weirdly so it LOOKS ridiculous, but then you parse it out and it's just "Either gain the Knowledge as a class skill, or gain a +1 racial bonus on it if it already is a class skill."
>>
File: drow babysitting.jpg (329 KB, 842x595) Image search: [Google]
drow babysitting.jpg
329 KB, 842x595
>>44274385
hey, DSP fags
I have a friend who makes their own content, and I think its pretty good. question, how do I convince him its possible to make money making content and not have every single user just pirate it? You guys seem to have even /tg/ backing you and good relations so you don't sound like you'd think piracy is insurmountable since you've chosen to associate with a den of them.
>>
>>44274979
Nah man my Blight Druid BBEG worships that fucker-
>>
>>44275008
>myrmidon
Sorry, meant Myrmidarch. I got it mixed up with the DSP Fighter.
>>
>>44275019
Not quite.
>They gain all Knowledge skills as class skills, and they gain a +1 racial bonus on skill checks for each Knowledge skill that they gain as a class skill from their class levels

You gain all knowledge skills as class skills, and on top of that you gain a +1 bonus on skill checks FOR each knowledge skill you gain as a class skill from your classes. Meaning if you gain two knowledge skills from a class, you get a +2 on all of your skill checks. This is how I interpret it anyway.
>>
File: Bloodforge Cover Update.jpg (125 KB, 685x960) Image search: [Google]
Bloodforge Cover Update.jpg
125 KB, 685x960
>>44275026
My friend, we work for beer money. If all the people pirating our content were to stop doing so and buy it, and all the people who exclusively use the PFSRD versions were to buy it...we would still be working for beer money.

We write for love. The money is a formality, something the writers use to help with bills sometimes and that the company uses to fund more projects, because we like writing and wanna do it well.

So, in short: piracy's not much of an issue. Hunting it down would cost more than we'd ever save, and besides that it's nice to know people are using our work. But even if there were no pirates we'd be broke motherfuckers.

Best of luck to your friend!
>>
>>44275129
I would suggest that although you have it correct by RAW, that's not the RAI intention and most DMs will not run it that way.
>>
Bikini Armor Template v3 (Last one was Unintentionally OP)

Cost: Being a form of expensive lingerie, you must double the base armor’s cost. special materials cost 1.5.
Armor bonus: Divide the armor bonus by 2, round to nearest whole. If its heavy armor add +1 to this result. Increase Max Dex Bonus by 2
Arcane Spell Failure: The arcane spell failure chance is reduced by 15%, as bikini armor is less restrictive
Armor check penalty: Reduce by one for light, two for medium, three for heavy
Donning: Donning light bikini armor takes 1 rounds, or move action to don hastily. Medium and heavy bikini armor takes 4 rounds to don, 2 rounds to don hastily.
Removing: All Bikini Armor can be removed as a move action.
Weight: The base armor’s weight is reduced to 1/5th of normal weight, but does not count as a lighter armor type.
Hit Points: Bikini Armor has one-fifth the hit points of the base armor.
Special:
Due to the nature of its construction, Bikini armor can be manipulated very easy. As such any Combat maneuver that effects the armor specifically (Sunder, disarm, steal) is subject to a +2 Circumstance bonus. In addition, When a character who is wearing bikini armor is stuck with a critical hit, roll a reflex save (20+BAB of attacker) or the armor falls to the floor. Magical versions decrease the DC by their enhancement bonus.

Wearing this armor has interesting effects to the people around them, specifically when the person wearing it "Has no business wearing it". When a character who wears bikini armor has a negative Charisma modifier, It is considered doubled when attempting to influence intelligent creatures.

Stunning Body V2
Prerequisites : Charisma 14+, Armor proficiency (Any)
while in scant clothes, such as a bikini, add 1/2 your Cha bonus to your AC as a luck bonus against Intelligent creatures that are physically attracted to you. This is a mind affecting effect.

this is designed to be silly for a non serious game. feel free to rip it to shreds.
>>
I wants to play a Whip Ranger. Is it worth worshiping Sarenrae instead of Calistria for Whirlwind without prerequisite at level 6?
>>
>>44275231
Literally why?
>>
>>44275130
>we would still be working for beer money.
This is the greatest thing I have ever heard the the dev of any company say.
Keep writing for that beer money Gareth. Keep up the love and the quality, and perhaps your next alkaseltzer will have been paid by me.
Hopefully not the next beer though. I am not a fan of alcohol.
>>
>>44275216
I agree that the RAI should be that way, but the RAW is beyond retarded and I'm not sure how something like that makes it past editing.

>>44275130
Gareth I just looked at the old bloodforge art, were you guys under some MAJOR time crunch for bloodforge? That shit is downright terrifying.
>>
>>44275252
for laughs. Why not?
>>
>>44275231
Just use Gloryborn Armor you bleedin sperglord.
>>
>>44275231
That save DC seems ridiculously high.
>>
>>44275266
Our artist had chosen to experiment with various styles. When he heard we were revising Bloodforge, he volunteered to re-do the worst examples of his own work, gratis, because he was no longer satisfied with them.

TL;DR artist is a cool guy, don't give him too much shit.

Def some though, that original art was like staring into the face of incarnate evil.
>>
>>44275231
see
>>44275278

Also this much sperging over bikini armor is literally black tokyo tier.
>>
>>44275326
I swear Daemons use the old art as torture device in Abaddon.
>>
>>44275326
we're talking about koalas, right?
>>
>>44275231
Proceeding to rip to shreds. Use gloryborn, deal with armor as armor.
>>
>>44275266
Well, when you think about just how many individual things go into one book, it's not unreasonable that one or two crazy things could slip through the cracks. It's the kind of thing you expect people to have errata for which probably means when errata finally rolls around for that book, that will be left alone in favor of nerfing something that really didn't need nerfing.
>>
>>44275376
HA HA, YOU WISH.

ANONS, SHOW HIM. PLEASE.
>>
>>44274423

Santa
>>
>>44275381
>>44275337
>>44275278

Eh, Gloryborn armor isn't shitty enough for my tastes. Never heard of black tokyo either.

>>44275324
it was originally DC 25. That seem more proper?
>>
>>44275481
I refuse. Spring Children should never see the light of day. Also bloodforge is on my other computer.
>>
>>44275522
>>44275231
Literally Autism. Must be taking over for 2hu.
>>
>>44275522
I would go with either 10+BAB or 15+BAB. Keep in mind that BAB is based off HD, which for most monsters will scale pretty quickly.
>>
>>44275562

That is a good point. Dc 15+BaB seems less intense, but still has a sense of difficulty. Thanks anon. Any other Ideas?
>>
File: Merg.png (173 KB, 312x529) Image search: [Google]
Merg.png
173 KB, 312x529
>>44275376
>>
>>44274861
Conversion inquisitor 2 + zen archer X.
>>
>>44275694
C'mon that is one of the better ones even.
>>
>>44275694
Give us the Spring Child. DO IT.
>>
File: Half-Gnoll.png (191 KB, 340x408) Image search: [Google]
Half-Gnoll.png
191 KB, 340x408
>>44275376
non-duplicate reply
>>
>>44275271
Creepy basement dweller stereotype?
>>
File: Alicorn.png (202 KB, 299x395) Image search: [Google]
Alicorn.png
202 KB, 299x395
>>44275376
stuff
>>
Okay, I'm curious now. Someone post the spring children.
>>
>>44275727
There is a Daemonic Harbinger of that.
>>
File: Spring Child.jpg (56 KB, 314x523) Image search: [Google]
Spring Child.jpg
56 KB, 314x523
>>44275376
>>44275715
>>44275739
you asked for it
>>
>>44275733
What the fuck?
>>
>>44275753
That artist should be taken somewhere and shot.
>>
File: 1430880214422.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1430880214422.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>>44275753
>>
Is there a limit to how many spells you can learn from scrolls as a sorcerer?
>>
>>44275753
Well, that's certainly a thing.
>>
>>44275790
You can't learn spells from scrolls at all.
>>
>>44275790
yes, and that limit is either 0 or your limit of spells known by level. as a wizard? no limit.
>>
>>44275790
0. That's a wizard thing. For them, it's unlimited.
>>
Can someone post the Mediafire link?
>>
File: Merg Update.jpg (86 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Merg Update.jpg
86 KB, 720x720
Now that we're all on the same page with regard to the original art anons, I'll point out that this is from the same artist. He updated the worst offenders and is still making great strides to improve.

The thing where DSP gives new people to the industry their shot? It applies to more than just writers.
>>
>>44275970
Got the Oggr? That one's one that's legitimately amazing.
>>
File: Oggr.png (186 KB, 385x461) Image search: [Google]
Oggr.png
186 KB, 385x461
and for reference, old oggr
>>
>>44275970
That does look a lot better; getting rid of the awkward-ass butt shot (no pun intended) does wonders for the composition.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the updated art stacks up!
>>
>>44275694
Merg honestly doesn't look that bad, comparatively.
>>
>>44275231

The Scandalous Hauberk (Cursed Item)

This cruel armor was made by a highly immature and petty wizard. (arent they all.) It acts as a +3 set of Bikini Chainmail. However, Once it is worn it cannot be taken off, attempts to cover it with clothing cause the clothing to disintegrate within a round.

But the real insidiousness of this item is that it drains your intelligence to boost your charisma. At a rate of one point per day, The wearer's intelligence decreases, and the wearer's Charisma increases. Once The wearer's intelligence drops to 0, the wearer must make a Will save (DC 25) each day or become a lifelike Mannequin. The DC increases by one each day if the wearer does save.
>>
File: Oggr Update.jpg (53 KB, 469x720) Image search: [Google]
Oggr Update.jpg
53 KB, 469x720
>>44275988
>>44275994
Ask and ye shall recieve.
>>
>>44276063
Huh. That is MUCH better.

>>44276047
And that is pretty damn magical realm.
>>
>>44275231
I'd drop the DC to 10+BAB or 15+BAB, so it's a 50/50 chance for the most part since the differences in BAB vs saves is much more noticable as levels progress, but it looks like it'd be extremely good for a Dex/Cha Sorcerer, especially a Magus.
>>
>>44275753
>>44275130
>Art where it is extremely clear that someone put a great deal of time into making them
>Still turn out to be ugly as fuck
I really feel bad for this guy. But then again, he can probably get caught up on proper theory like basic perspective with the time he spends on one of these pieces.
>>
>>44276047
You realize no one buys the whole 'oh no this is just a joke, I don't get off to this' thing, right?
>>
Is there a way for a non-initiator class to gain a stance from a style without dipping? the martial training feat only gives maneuvers.
>>
>>44276047
we get it, you have a bimbo fetish.
>>
>>44276230
Martial Training II gives a stance. I think one of the later ones does too.
>>
>you will never play an Orc character that isn't shit
>>
>>44276047
Nix the Mannequin part and cap it at 3 intelligence so the person is still able to speak, that way it's not as noticeably magical realm, and potentially a bonus worth fawning after.

If you need a real negative bonus make them auto-matically fail all will saves, as well as all saves against Charisma-based spells, once they hit 3 Intelligence.
That way it doesn't read as fetishistic so much, however it would basically reflect in their character as complete submission since they can't resist intimidation, and make them much more viable to effects such as paralysis and mind control as well as petrification so long as it's a Sorcerer causing it.
>>
>>44276047
Ehh. I woulda gon eith constitution.

>>44276226
Could be worse. He could be adding a vore class or feat.
>>
>>44276298
What about a (pre errata) Scarred Witch Doctor?
>>
>>44276331
Multiple cooking 3pp/homebrew systems exist.
>>
>>44276331
Those probably totally exist
>>
>>44276342
What the fuck is the point of being an orc if your going to be a faggy wizard vanician prepared caster? Like I'm glad it's an option, but come on.
>>
>>44276298
Play an Orc Bard

Your character's name is Orc Hestra.
>>
>>44276403
hue
>>
>>44276377
I mean, considering being Constitution based makes you even better than most 9th level casters, as well as Hexes allowing for a system that's distinctly non-Vancian, in addition to the spells, I don't see why you're complaining.
>>
>>44276429
Witches have a shitty spell list

Most Hexes are shit unless you engage in cheese, you really can't get by with just hexes.

Witches include dumb familiar pet bullshit
>>
>>44276377
Combine with Barb and go Eldritch Knight?
Or perhaps, if 3pp is allowed, combine with Primal Disciple and go Bladecaster?
>>
>>44276298
Skald/bloodrager with 30 STR at around level 2 is pretty funny.
>>
>>44276454
>Witches include dumb familiar pet bullshit
Scarred Witchdoctor does not have Familiar, you get a horrifying Mask.

Also, iirc it might be comparable with White Haired Witch, so you can wear a spooky mask and grapple people with your beard.
>>
>>44276418
Hey, can you grab the Leshy with the orange peel hat for me? I need it for reasons.
>>
>>44276463
I'm still using spell slots, m8 an Orc mental stats are too damn crippled to be a decent initiator.
>>
Remember always to bully your players as often as possible. Deprive them of their waifus, or preferably have their waifus be disloyal.
>>
>>44276487
Here you go bro
>>
>>44276343
>>44276370
>>44276331

Mention in passing with disgust and ye shall still recieve.

Prerequisite: Toughness
Benefit: You can make a grapple check to try and swallow another creature whole. If successful, you will begin swallowing your target.

It takes three rounds to swallow a normal target which means you must make additional grapple checks every turn, though your target will take an additional -2 per check each time after and your own check will be reduced or raised by your targets size, dropping by each level larger they are than you and vise versa. After successfully swallowing a creature, your speed will be reduced by 3/4 (in addition to encumbrance from the weight of the creature) until they are digested. Creatures take d4 turns to determine how long digestion will take, adding +1 to the roll depending on their size. (ex: Diminutive= 2 d4. Large =6 d4)However, creatures 2 sizes or larger than your character cannot be eaten. Once digested, you regain hit points based on their size of 1 d8 per size level.
Eaten creatures can attempt to make their escape by making their predator vomit them out or cutting them open, however the predator makes a fortitude save with a DC equal to 10 plus the number of turns left until the victim is digested plus one-fifth the victim's remaining health to see if they can contain their prey. They take 1d6 damage each turn they remain inside. If their hit points reach zero or their rolled time limit is up, they die. They can not be healed while inside of the predator. Digested creatures can only be revived by use of high level recovery spells like Wish or Resurrection, Ultimate.
>>
>>44276226
I wouldn't mind him getting off on it if it wasn't something that he posted in every thread... That said, he's not spamming about it that hard at least, so I'm still not that bothered. It could be a lot worse.

>>44276331
>>44276370
Actually, there were some threads on /tg/ not too long ago where people were working on homebrewing fetish classes. I'm pretty sure there was a vore class in there somewhere. I was working on a class for the thread too that probably ended up being the least fetishy class because I wanted to preserve the sense that it could be played at a normal table. It gave you a troop (as in the subtype, a larger version of a swarm) companion basically, made up of several individuals of some smaller race that felt compelled to serve and fight for you because of magic. Flavorwise it was very similar to a Thrallherd although mechanically it was very different, being a full BAB class without casting.
>>
>>44276484
It's not. Would be a pretty good EK candidate tho.
>>
>>44276493
you suffer a -2 penalty to the stat you use for your class. if you don't use maneuvers with save DCs, there are also minimums for the mental stat-based benefits that really matter (maneuver recovery)
>>
>>44276484
>grappling
>pathfinder
>grappling
>with 1/2 BAB
>>
>>44276503
This will always be the cutest thing in pathfinder, no exceptions.
>>
>>44276537
If you combine with EK you have about 3/4th BAB. Once you get Transformation, you have Full BAB anyway.
>>
>>44276503
Now I just gotta convince someone to let me play Sir Basil Greenleaf, Ace Detective.
>>
>>44276511
I worked in that thread too!

I was the guy with the stupid weight gain class. Yours was pretty cool. Though i must admit the Mother of Monsters class was my favorite.
>>
>>44276576
>>44276511

I'm glad you guys had fun, but uh, if we don't want fetish shit on /tg/ we should probably not encourage fetish shit on /tg/.
>>
>>44276493
>I'm still using spell slots,
This mey not be the system for you anon. Your only alternative is Barbarian, which is always a strong option. Though a Fighter Orc may now have options thanks to Weapon Master's Handbook. Using Spellcut seems like it would be satisfying.
>>
>>44276612
Well I mean there's Psionics and shit, which I like a lot, but that doesn't get a whole lot of support aside from those shitty Psionic races that are pretty much humans with glowing eyes and more pp.

The only viable way I could play an Orc initiators i to end up having like 5 in a stat, which most DM's don't like.
>>
>>44276600
Yeah no worries. We wont shit up the tread with that stuff.

>>44276503
That is unreasonably cute. I want to take it home with me.
>>
Is there a way to wield a greataxe and NOT eat shit compared to greatsword users?
>>
>>44276648
Spheres is a point based system and allows you to Con cast.
>>
>>44276734
I dislike spheres of power too, honestly Psionics and Path of War are the only things I actually enjoy using in pathfinder
>>
>>44276732
"eat shit"? Are you dumb or something? There's no real difference in play unless you're super autistic about min-maxing damage. Oh wow, you threaten a crit slightly more often!
>>
>>44276756
What about Akasha?
>>
>>44276760
My autism won't let me use an objectively inferior weapon. It that extra 1.5ish points of damage haunt me.
>>
>>44276783
Then get over it.
>>
>>44276783
You must be a joy to play with.
>>
>>44276732
Orc Fury Style line of feats adds some more damage to your greataxe stuff. Also, if you want to specialize in sundering (which you do if you want to be a Barb with Spell Sunder) Smashing Style could be fun.
>>
>>44276783
Quit being a bitch and man up. You probably won't be critting much anyway.
>>
>>44276774
Isn't Akasha just standard mental "casting"?

I've only read into hand canon viziers, but gave up because the rules read like a cluster and seem really vague. I found myself making a lot of assumptions because the rules aren't that clear. Maybe I'm just dumb.
>>
>>44276563
Is his nemesis a Mastermind Investigator named Rotigan?
>>
>>44276651
But anon, you can.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/grow-plant-creature-item-creation
>>
>>44276756
What's wrong with Spheres of Power?
>>
>>44276829
No, its a resource juggling minigame.
>>
>>44276890
Most stuff is piss weak without a whole lot of cheese, and a lot of powers don't strike me as being good or even interesting.
>>
Hey, say I'm playing a Paladin of Dammerich, and I wanted to play up the executioner theme, but also want to do the whole "only the truly guilty will be culled, in to other things are more fitting punishments" thing Damerrich has. I plan on taking Power Attack and Deific Obedience, but what else should I grab?

>>44276829
Have you not had any experience with Incarnum in the past? Because Akasha is basically DSP's take on Incarnum.
>>
>>44276919
>The DC for a saving throw against a veil's abilities is 10 + the number of points of essence invested in the veil + his Intelligence modifier.
Also the Akashic magic stuff on the SRD looks really incomplete. I see people talking about Akashic Aegi and shit
>>44276936
I have not.
>>
>>44276869
IT IS NOW
>>
>>44276923
>Most stuff is piss weak without a whole lot of cheese,
That's the point. It's meant to be less exploitable and more thematically driven than Vancian Casting, while also being easier to do Magic without having to memories dozens of spell entries and blocks.
Also, being less exploitable is a good feature to have you fucking cheeto dust coated munchkin
Though don't let 2hu fag here you say what you did, or he'll go on an autistic rant
>>
god damn it nitro reader keeps crashing when I try to extract bestiary 4, I think it's too big
>>
>>44276063
I'm still waiting for Groms, Gareth.
>>
Can I be a Learned Duelist AND a Lore Warden?
>>
>>44276983
>That's the point. It's meant to be less exploitable and more thematically driven than Vancian Casting
That doesn't sound good. Now you either end end up with a useless fuck or something equally or more broken than paizo casters.
>>
>>44276732
>>44276818
Axes are discipline weapons for Black Seraph.

There's got to be a good way to combine that with Orc Fury Style and some class like Zweihander Sentinel or Primal Disciple.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/orc-fury-style-combat-style
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder/warder-archetypes/zweihander-sentinel-warder-archetype
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/black-seraph-maneuvers
>>
>>44276948
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409134-Dreamscarred-Press-Presents-Akashic-Mysteries-Thread-2

Here's the playtest for everything. And I don't know what you're implying by that greentext.
>>
>>44277001
No, since they both replace armor and shield proficiency.

>A character can take more than one archetype and garner additional alternate class features, but none of the alternate class features can replace or alter the same class feature from the core class as another alternate class feature.
>>
>>44277015
>pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/orc-fury-style-combat-style
>: As a standard action, you may make a melee attack with a –2 penalty on the attack roll. If the attack damages your opponent, you may make an Intimidate check to demoralize that opponent as a free action.
That seems a little eh, considering all the things immune to mind effecting stuff, but I'm not very familiar with intimidation optimization.
>>
>>44276948
Pirate a copy of Magic of Incarnum, just to get yourself acquainted with the concepts and ideas. Basically Incarnum/Akasha is using your innate Magic/soul energy to arm yourself in magical Armor and gear to create a magical effect. It's kinda like Megaman's Megabuster, or Shaman King except it's based around the Magic Item Slots.

>>44277014
No, it means it incentivises Casters to specialize in a particular brand of magic so they don't have a solution to every fucking thing like in Vancian Casting. A properly built spherecaster is good at his job, and somewhat decent at other jobs he may choose to branch out in, and reduces the amount of narrative power a single caster can control. You know, basically mitigating the problems that caused Vancian Casters to be the Tier 1 Ubermensch they are now? The most a min-maxed and munchkinned out Spherecaster can get is a mid Tier 2, and most of none powergamed spherecasters rest easily in the Tier mid3/upper4 range.
>>
>>44277095
>A properly built spherecaster is good at his job
Destruction casters can't destroy shit properly.
>>
Does anyone have Bestiary 5?
>>
>>44277113
destruction casters aren't properly built spherecasters, duh
>>
>>44277118
No
>>
>>44277083
There's a feat that lets you attack a target you intimidated. So you get 2 attacks as a standard.

It's not really that good, but you can retrain it later into cornugon smash.
>>
>>44277095
>Pirate magic of incarnum

Do that, and SERIOUSLY look up a guide to the system. It is an insanely simple subsystem, but has the worst-organized book in all of 3.5.
>>
>>44277145
Wait a minute. Doesn't Cornugon Smash make Bullying Blow and the Orc Fury Style feats redundant?
>>
Is the Elven Splitdick Spear worthwhile? I'm AFB but if I remember it was an exotic finessable longspear (ie reach weapon) that elves treat as martial (correct me if I'm wrong). That seems like a lot of good shit for one weapon.
>>
>>44277189
>Benefit: As a standard action, you may make a melee attack with a –2 penalty on the attack roll. If the attack damages your opponent, you may make an Intimidate check to demoralize that opponent as a free action.

>Benefit(s): While wielding a greataxe, a falchion, or any melee weapon that has “orc” in its name, you can use the Bullying Blow feat with the first attack of a full-attack action or as part of a standard action to make one or more attacks (such as with the Cleave feat).

>Benefit: When you damage an opponent with a Power Attack, you may make an immediate Intimidate check as a free action to attempt to demoralize your opponent.

>Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.

BUT WAIT

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/enforcer-combat for another free action demoralize. Get a merciful axe. Then:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/damnation-feats/soulless-gaze-damnation

>Two Damnation Feats: When you demoralize a creatures more than once using Intimidate, you can create stronger fear conditions rather than increasing the duration of the shaken condition.

In conclusion:
>Every round, your first attack Frightens the target for a number of rounds equal to the damage dealt
>>
>>44277228
Oh fuck yes. It also gives you an untyped +2 to hit with all AoOs. Take old Heirloom Weapon or Signature Moves if you don't want to be an elf.
>>
>>44276983
>>44277014
>>44277095
>>44277113
This still doesn't tell me what's really wrong with Spheres of Power.
>>
>>44277113
Yeah, but they'll have an answer to most all forms of elemental resistance, as well as SR (yay Stone blast) and be able to deliver consistantly, plus rider effects are fun, especially Crystal blast. Plus, depending on your class you'll have talents left over for other spheres to help shore up your usefulness. Meanwhile the classes that don't get as many talents tend to already have strong enough mundane combat ability to deal damage, in which case your just taking destruction to shore up some battlefield control options and damage types, while the higher Casters with lower BAB instead take Destruction to be thier damage dealer, though at an understandably lesser capacity than the more martially inclined classes

Though I do concede they dropped the ball a bit with damage, and should have included an option to apply BAB based bonuses to damage, but Destruction is nowhere near as big a clusterfuck as Kineticist is, and unlike that shitpile you can actually branch out and do a bit extra useful things.

Really, one of the problems is more with how damage works in Pathfinder Proper, and how the game favors non-damage based solutions over just beatstick diplomacy.

>>44277152
Eh, I understood it just fine, but I'm not much of a good representation for other people, so it might be good for him to read a guide as well.
>>
>>44277300
The biggest thing for me is that the writer actively does not care about internal balance, just that his system is weaker than 1pp casting.
>>
>>44277256
>have to do a bunch of non-lethal bullshit, need a magic item, and DAMN MY FUCKING CHARACTERS SOUL to function
Nah, appreciate the help but nah.
Also why is that even a damnation feat?
>>44277300
I just dislike. It does what it tries to do okayish, but not in a way that's really appealing or satisfying to me.
>>
So I'm playing a fighter and am having fun, should I stop?
>>
>>44277343
Fair. What's the issue with nonlethal? There's functionally no difference except against things immune, most of which will be immune to fear as well.
>>
>>44277360
Yes, immediately. That is unsanctioned fun.
>>
>>44277360
The fun police have been notified. Remain where you are so you can be processed.
>>
>>44277368
It just doesn't sit right with me. Like dex based unarmed builds. It's not that somethings getting done, it's *HOW* it gets done. I'm a nit picky faggot, and I honestly hate myself for it.
>>
File: marisa this is no fun_1.jpg (137 KB, 974x627) Image search: [Google]
marisa this is no fun_1.jpg
137 KB, 974x627
>>44277360
>>
>>44277394
Fair enough. I am the same way. Amusingly, I love Dex-based unarmed builds, because the "super fast, precise pressure point strike" theme is cool to me.

For the combo, I just tossed together the best results of a quick search. Cornugon smash is better than the Orc style feat, so ideally you'd have the latter then retrain to the former later.
>>
>>44277300
Really. If it has one failing, its that a few bits here and there were sloppily put together, and it shows.

Also Incanter is a tad OP, at least compared to other casters, and Weather should have had its wind elements gutted, refitted for Nature Sphere, and the major stuff turned into Advanced Talents, however i personally lack the design introspection to do so myself. Also Paladins and Rangers should have had the same progression as Bloodrager from day 1. Like I said it's a bunch of little imperfections that like up, though not as glaringly so as in Core Pathfinder. Though the creator is a bit of a panicky sperg who is scared shiftless of 4chan. Which is a shame because Artisan, Vauntguard, Dilettante, and Wardancer were all fun products (though I wish I could say the same for the rest of the garbage the company has produced).

Plus Ssalarn worked on Expanded and its pretty good, except the Triple Goddess should have replaced both traditions instead of 1.

Currently I've been working on my own more comprehensive homebrew/conversion doc for the system, and put in a few changes. It's no where near completion yet, and hasn't even been proofread, but hopefully it will be in a condition in which I will be comfortable sharing it soon.
>>
>>44277338
>The biggest thing for me is that the writer actively does not care about internal balance

[citation needed]
>>
>>44277360
Depends, how has the DM been handling encounters, and do you have access to WMH?
Though, while Fighter is a garbage abortion of a class, as long as you are having fun while while ALSO understanding and accepting the flaws and reasons why the class is shite, its cool as having fun is the main purpose of the game.

It still does not excuse Paizo from publishing shit garbage though
>>
>>44277420
Not like it matters anyway. Not like I can find any good games. i have a game on Saturday but its reached that helllish "everyone's so familiar with each other half the time is spent shooting the fucking shit and nothing gets done" status.
>>
>>44277470
Not him, but he probably got it from one of 2hufag's salty 6 page long rants.
>>
Alright /pfg/ lets have it out. What is the best possible class for each individual race?
What race fails to synergize with every single class?
>>
>>44277499
>What race fails to synergize with every single class?
Orc
Trox
Kobolds
>>
File: angel summoner.png (278 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
angel summoner.png
278 KB, 800x450
>>44277360
Do you feel like the GM is patronizing you by lobbing you softballs so your character can shine? (Oh, look! Another pack of 1d12 orcs!)

Are you overly relying on another character's actions and class features to be functional? (Thanks for the Overland Flight, Haste, and See Invisibility, Mr. Wizard)

Could you have performed the same actions with another, more interesting class than Feats: The Class: The Feats?

look into your heart and answer these questions truthfully and they will guide you to the true answer
>pic related
>>
>>44277499
Can the list include 3pp, or is it 1pp only?
>>
>>44277499
Race design's done a pretty admirable job at keeping that from being a thing.
Often there's a best race for a CLASS though.
>>
>>44277499
whatever 9th-level caster keys off of that race's mental stat bonus.
>>
>>44277531
For now lets only do 1pp only
>>
>>44277470
Posted chat logs and discussions here and elsewhere, actions taken, track record in design, discussions with his freelancers.
>>
>>44277514
Eh, Kobolds synergize pretty well with Rogue. Especially unchained, since they don't have to deal with their poor strength anymore for anything but like, carrying capacity.

And Trox and Orcs are fine for beatsticks.
>>
>>44277568
Not a real citation, no, but he's been running his company down a path that seems like it's going to ruin its rep.
>>
File: good king papyrus.png (9 KB, 445x371) Image search: [Google]
good king papyrus.png
9 KB, 445x371
>>44277499
whatever t1 class keys off that race's mental stat bonus? racial features just aren't that specific, it's not a useful starting point for a build.
>>
Player wanted to play as a Sorcerer that focuses on magic items. Worked up a special Bloodline for him and I wanted to know what you guys thought.

Artificer Bloodline

You have always had an innate connection to the magic contained in weapons, armor and other items. Perhaps your parent had been creating such an item before you were born or maybe you were exposed to a cursed item in your youth.

Class Skill: Knowledge: (Engin)

Bonus Spells: Crafter's Fortune (3rd), Make Whole (5th), Versatile Weapon (7th), Remove Curse (9th), Fabricate (11th), Analyze Dweomer (13th), Instant Summons (15th), Discern Location (17th), Mage's Disjunction (19th)

Bonues Feats: Craft Magic Arms/Armor, Craft Rod, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, Craft Wonderous Item, Forge Ring, Scribe Scroll

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell that targets an item, increase the the duration of the spell by 50% (minimum 1 round). This bonus does not stack with the increase granted by the Extend Spell feat.

Bloodline Power: As you grow in strength, you find that you can draw more power out of objects bearing enchantments than others can.

Enhancing Touch (Sp): A number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier, as a Standard Action, you can grant any single weapon or armor within 30ft an enhancement bonus of +1. For every four levels of Sorcerer you possess, this bonus increases by +1 to a max. of +5 at 16th. This bonus stacks with any existing bonus the item may have up to a max. of +5 (See Arcane Engine below). This bonus can be used to grant an affected item any weapon or armor special ability that it would otherwise qualify for. If the item does not have an enhancement bonus, at least +1 of this bonus must be applied before the item can receive any special abilities. This bonus lasts for 1 round for every two levels of Sorcerer you possess.

Crafting Focus (Ex): At 1st Level, you add 1/2 your level on Spellcraft checks to create magic items and on all Use Magic Device (min. +1).

cont...
>>
>>44277499
>What's the best possible race for each individual class?

Human, no exceptions. Unless your DM allows Drider for some reason.
>>
>>44277685
Arcane Bond (Su): At 3rd level, you gain a an Arcane Bond as a Wizard equal to your Sorcerer level. You must choose a item to form your bond with.

Wand Specilization (Ex): At 9th level, similar to a magic staff, whenever you activate a wand, you use your own Charisma score and relevant feats to set the DC for saves against spells you cast from the wand, and you can use your caster level when activating the wand if it's higher than the caster level of the wand.

Item Mastery (Ex): At 15th level, you add +2 to to the DC of all magic items you activate. In addition, whenever you use a Metamagic Rod to apply a Metamagic feat to a spell you cast, the casting time of that spell is no longer increased to a Full-Round Action. Wielding a Metamagic Rod no longer counts as occupying your hand for the purpose of casting a spell.

Arcane Engine (Su): At 20th level, whenever you use your Enhancing Touch ability on a weapon or piece of armor, the bonus granted by this ability increases to +6. You may also now create magic weapons and armor with a +6 enhancement bonus, but the item still cannot have an effective bonus of higher than +10, counting any special abilities. Whenever you use a magic item that requires charges, you can instead expend spell slots to power the item. For every three levels of spell slots that you expend, you consume one less charge when using a magic item that expends charges.
>>
>>44277658
To be fair, some races have an fcb so good that it makes playing as another race in combination with a class an obvious waste of time.

Human and to a lesser extent, Kitsune are good examples of this.
>>
>>44277700
I've also been feeling this. I dont think theres anything that can beat that +2 to any ability score and the free feat AND +1 skill point every level.

Its just crazy especially for classes that dont really have a good favored class bonus like clerics and wizards.
>>
Can I use Punishing Kick with a weapon? That sounds retarded but nowhere does it reference a weapon in the actual description.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/punishing-kick-combat

Alternatively, could I use it as an unarmed strike while wielding a two-handed reach weapon (thus pushing them into normal attack range)?
>>
>>44277568
Latest evidence here: >>44268831

>Relayed Response from Adam Meyers: The problem is, what's a fair level to begin with? There must be a level that would be considered 'fair' if we're to assume the blaster's current levels don't reach it. I've seen this question come up a few times before and I've also seen the inverse (wow, blowing up enemies is so easy with this system), so from a design perspective the first question to ask is, how has the damage-focused blaster been fairing in combat against/alongside other base damage dealers, such as the fighter, evocation caster, and barbarian?
>In science we say anecdotal evidence isn't valid, but in game design it's the only evidence that actually matters. I've seen a great many theoretical build debates that never panned out once you actually put those builds into a game and saw what they could do at the table.
>>
>>44277706
Where's the part where crafting stuff can happen overnight instead of 2d20 years, where's the free X charges to your magic item feature? Those are things I would look for to have crafting features I could call actually relevant.
>>
>>44277567
>>44277499
I don't have experience with Occult, so they aren't getting listed.

>Dorf-> Barb, Druid, Any Cleric or Warpriest that loses Channel for something else, Hunter, Ranger, Unchained Monk, Cavelier, Inquisitor
That Con bonus is mighty fine, and Cha is the least awful mental stat to penalize (though it cuts you off from channel based clerics and every Shaman except Plant Spirit) Combine with Wis bonus to boost eill saves and you're doing fine with any martial or Divine-Combat build that isn't a paladin.

>Elf-> Wizard, Witch, Arcanist, Eldritch Archer Magus, Alchemist, Unchained Rogue, Sage Bloodline sorcerer
Int Bonus means any class is gonna have goodly skill points, and most Arcane Casters are gonna be excellent match ups. Martial classes are hurt pretty bad by the Con penalty though, so an elf is going to favor ranged classes and take advantage of ranged attacks.

>Gnome-> Sorcerer, Oracle, Summoner, Bard, maaaybe Ninja.
While the Con bonus aids in survivability, regrettably the Str penalty means they probably won't be using it in melee that often, though ranged and support Casters keyed off Cha benefit from being able to wade in and supply buffs easier

>Half-Elf-> Everything, especially skilled based classes.
Special note, Half-elves are the best multiclassing race, as they can get two favored classes. Well beloved by build crafter's
>Half-Orc-> Everything, especially Combat related
With a slew of Alt Racial traits for every occasion. A lot of stuff focused on defense especially, so they tend to be sturdier than Half-elves. Also Weapon Proffs great for combat builds, or take the Alt one and finally be able to legitimately use whip builds.

>Human-> Everything. Period.
All bow before the Bonus Feat. This sucker can make or break builds, and is especially useful for Combat builds to aid in feat taxation.
>>
>>44277788
There are a surprisingly large amount of options that are significantly easier for elves to get than humans, more than any others. Otherwise I agree.
>>
>>44277885
>Halfling-> See Gnome, Ninja assured, + Unchained rogue, Daring Champion Cavelier
Same general issues as with gnome, that strength penalty is brutal. Luckily, while Gnome is a tad beefier, you are better with ranged weapons and lightly armored builds.
>>
>>44277885
>Half-Elf-> Everything, especially skilled based classes.
>Special note, Half-elves are the best multiclassing race, as they can get two favored classes. Well beloved by build crafter's

This is so true, I really wish multiclassing in pathfinder was rewarded better.
>>
>>44277930
>I really wish multiclassing in pathfinder was rewarded better.
So 3.5? Because you had to Multiclass in that one.
Really the only classes that get majorly hurt by multiclassing are Casters, and that's only for anything beyond a single dip.

Also, Slayer is the perfect dippable class, especially since its Fighter+ and grants free attack boosting all day every day with hardly any stat reliance for the early levels.
>>
>>44277526
I feel fine with it. Only real coddling my GM made is including the Background Skill and Called Shots optional rules. I wouldn't have enough feats to make this character with any other class, and having rage + mutagen + weapon training is nice because of all the bonuses I get. Have a +13/16 (against mind effecting) will save is nice as well (It's the highest in the party because no wisdom based casters).

I can fly by myself, put haste on myself for as many rounds as I generally need it a day, and do a fair number of fun things with my feats including dispelling/block ranged attacks/shield an ally/called shots/etc.

I also have the best knowledge skills in the party on everything except Planes & Arcana (well, my familiar does, but same deal).

The party besides me is the following:
>Dark Tapestry Oracle
>Ghoul Blooded Sorcerer
>Bard
>>
>>44277830
>In science we say anecdotal evidence isn't valid, but in game design it's the only evidence that actually matters

I'm triggered.
>>
>>44277830

That... Really, really hurts my opinion of him. What the shit, Adam Meyers?
>>
>>44277830
>and like that, Meyers was hired by Paizo.
>>
File: seeing your post.gif (855 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
seeing your post.gif
855 KB, 500x281
>>44277999
aren't you the same assclown who got dunked on last thread for rushing Spellcut so you could get +1 to Reflex once a round?
>>
>>44277999
Actually these are the fighter's saves (for reference he is level 10):

Fort: +17
Reflex: +10
Will: +13/16 (against mind effecting)

I haven't felt like they're too bad, mainly because creatures CR 11/12 only have DCs in the 18-22 range.

My to hit varies depending on what self buffs I have at the time, which include but are not limited to Rage/Mutagen/Haste. Generally though when I'm full go it is at a +27 (or +24 when power attacking). This generally hits creatures 1-2 above his CR on a 1.

I generally feel safe enough and maneuverable enough (due to wings and being able to dimension door as a spell like ability).
>>
>>44278181
I don't have spell cut, it's not that great. I
>>
>>44277930
At least multiclassing doesn't carry an experience point penalty.
>>
File: Morgan Ironwolf.png (945 KB, 640x906) Image search: [Google]
Morgan Ironwolf.png
945 KB, 640x906
>>44278250
You've got a cropped version there.
>>
>>44278012
>>44278036
>>44278168
Are you butthurt because he rightfully says that playtesting anecdotes are more important than armchair theorycrafting?
>>
File: WP_20151218_16_49_00_Pro.jpg (974 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151218_16_49_00_Pro.jpg
974 KB, 2592x1456
My apologies for blog post ahead of time
>nerds at work, bored because educational facility on pause for winter
>someone busts out pathfinder
>I've never played before, plus I doubt my next work assignments will bring me in contact with these guys again soon.
>I explain I'm a munchkin in other games and I will ruin it
>lack of specific game knowledge, but demonstrate meta knowledge to try to ruin it.
> they decide to roll me a character anyway.
>no healer class
Get me as close as you can. I'm all support; healing, trap-finding, make me an apothecary or something.
> they say druids can heal
>kitsune druid taught by master
>THEY GAVE ME A DINOSAUR.
Since I won't be able to play much, I made a flow chart (pic related) for the DM in my absence. How bad did I fuck the party over?
>>
>>44278301
should i make the baselines for my game off of actually testable and verifiable math vs swingy dice luck and personal bias if i want a playable game for everyone...

decisions decisions.
>>
>>44278261

...wow, That has got to be the biggest load of shit build...ever.
>>
>>44278305
Pretty bad. Good way to ruin a druid.
>>
>>44278301
That's not what he said. He said it's the only thing that matters. In addition, the fact that his Spheres system has shitty internal balance (classes all over the place, some spheres useless anything but full casters, some spheres just outclassing everything else) puts him in a bad light. Good game design includes both real playtesting and lots and lots of math.

And yes, I am butthurt. I want to like spheres, just like I wanted to like PoW 1, to compare another 3pp. Both systems are too inconsistent and messy, and read/run like first drafts of a book.
>>
>>44278346
it's like he's a parody of 3.5e characters or something
>>
>>44278346

U wot m8

Morgan Ironwolf is the Advanced Adventurer, a top class killer and looter. No dip is too insane, and no alignment is safe! Truly a glorious example of our kind. I wonder if this is what Paizo thinks people who multiclass look like.
>>
>>44278385
spoilers, little buddy: they wrote it
>>
>>44278344
Doesn't matter. Playtest results matter more.
>>
>>44278401
I know. Thus the question. Was this an example of Dragon+Dungeon Paizo being a fairly fun company with good humor all around, who even did shit like publishing a handbook on refluffing a multiclass into a single "class?" Or is this a manifestation of ill will towards those cheating munchkins who dare step outside the path laid out by the devs?
>>
>>44278405
>man, this troll with fighter levels killed the wizard in one hit and then cleaved the cleric

>we better buff wizards and clerics and nerf fighters a bit

This actually happened during 3rd edition playtests
>>
>>44278433
Run playtests a hundred times and get the results from those.

That's what board game designers do. No need for math.
>>
>>44278433
I mean if that was one out of say... 500 play tests then likely the experiences will be varied enough that you'll eventually get an actual view of the class's relative power.
>>
File: too much SKRooma if you ask me.png (92 KB, 1467x457) Image search: [Google]
too much SKRooma if you ask me.png
92 KB, 1467x457
>>44278405
reminder that SKR's playtest results are probably at least partially responsible for LFQW
>>
>>44278448
>a game where numbers govern 99% of what a character can do
>"nah lol fuck it just do whatever with the math"
>>
File: Morgan Ironwolf 02.png (960 KB, 640x899) Image search: [Google]
Morgan Ironwolf 02.png
960 KB, 640x899
>>44278346
That is not the worst build you've see on this board.
>>
>>44278475
Theory crafting for Maximum DPR/Saves/etc and running it on the theoretical stat limits is something I would actually say matters less than play testing. You need play testing to get a feel for what the average optimization point players tend towards and balance around that.

Balancing round munchkins just encourages munchkins.
>>
>>44278448

You do realize that board game designers /also/ do the math, right?
>>
Paizo will never know the pleasure of playing a Wizard/Bloodmage/Evangelist of Urgathoa multiclass.
>>
>>44278427
Morgan Ironwolf is definitely a tongue in cheek character.
>>
>>44278502

That's why you theorycraft for maximum, minimum, and expected. If a class is well-designed, "minimum" should be close to "expected," because the result of someone flailing around when building should be something playable. High optimization floors make life nicer for everyone involved. That's what the math is for, in addition to getting the upper limits and tweaking them until they're acceptable.
>>
>>44278502
>Balancing round munchkins just encourages munchkins.
Hey Alex, I'd like to pick "shit I never said" for 200.
>>
>>44278502
Yeah which is what leads to classes or game features that are great in the most common scenario but completely break down when brought outside of their "expected" environment.

Its why wizards are so overpowered, because the expectation is that wizards will be played by bad players, so any time that limiting factor is removed they are entering uncharted territory.

You can't balance things just around the middle or the average, you have to try and cover everything from top to bottom or you get a broken product. If you make a chair you don't just test it for people sitting down on it lightly, you also test for people slamming down after a hard days work, for putting objects on it, for moving it around, for risk of tipping over etc.
>>
>>44278644
This is untrue, wizards are broken when average.
>>
>>44278662
But the average IS bad players. We've all been there and seen them, whether on forums, PFS or in person the guy who prepares magic missile in every slot or only uses hydraulic push and communal mount. The "playtest average" the "expected result" was those fucking retards and the wizard is what you get when you balance around those people.
>>
File: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.gif (2 MB, 396x240) Image search: [Google]
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.gif
2 MB, 396x240
>>44278748
So you're saying that 3.X is the ASSFAGGOTS of /tg/?

That's probably true
>>
>>44278748
That's valid before internet guides became common and the average jumped as a result.
>>
Has anyone given the Aldori Swordlord Fighter Archetype a try? Apparently when built right they can be AC monsters.
>>
>>44278762
OLD SPICE BODYSPRAY MAKES YOU SMELL LIKE POWERRR!!

IT'S SO POWERFUL IT SELLS ITSELF IN OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMERCIALS!

You smell like outdoor freshness.
>>
>>44278826
It's complete garbage because AC is a bad defense.
>>
>>44278520
And Spheres of Power fails at that... why?
>>
>>44278772
But during playtests those guides are not yet made. Except in DSPs six month playtests of course.
>>
Okay, does anyone here actually enjoy this game? I read all of the shit in here and all i see is just power gamey dick measuring and complaining about the developer.
>>
>>44278940
I do. I had fun today during my session.
>>
File: #1 mom cup.png (74 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
#1 mom cup.png
74 KB, 800x1000
>>44278940
Yes.
>>
>>44278940
I enjoy it. It's just a few people complaining very loudly.
>>
>>44278882
Which is why playtests only is a shit way to balance your product if you expect it to have longevity and popularity enough that guides are possible/probable.
>>
>>44278940
>implying I can't care about both mechanics AND roleplaying while complaining about the faults of the system
>>
If I play a creature-knowledge-focused Lore Warden Fighter with a 2-level Monk dip for Kirin Style+Strike, will my group hate me?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.