[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantastical Festivals and Other Celebrations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Altar of Lights.png (142 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Altar of Lights.png
142 KB, 1500x1000
Greetings /tg/, I'm taking my party into a massive city-sized carnival and while I have a lot planned out (an ongoing tournament, bardic nonsense on a massive altar; pic related, and various side games) I would like to know eitherL

A.) What you as a player want to see or do at a carnival or festival in your games?

or

B.) What do you, eternal DMs, like to include in your celebrations, parties, festivals and what have you.

With the holidays upon us I can only imagine you folks must be rolling through some festivals.
>>
Food.

Lots of food.
>>
File: Camp Cooking 01.jpg (515 KB, 1180x1714) Image search: [Google]
Camp Cooking 01.jpg
515 KB, 1180x1714
>>44270954
>>
Child piglet chase. Winning child gets to keep the piglet.

Calf scramble, similar to the piglet chase but with teens and a cow. Good way for a young man to get some property of his own.

Lots of dancing.

Public baths.

Sheep shearing contest.

Various animal shows.

Drinking contest.

Archery/melee contests.

Wrestling contest.
>>
>>44270919
Well, that depends on the cultural norms of the region/province/nation. But, given the sheer size of the festival you're discussing, I imagine you're seeing people coming from all over and not all of them are official. So you could really have anything.

Mages from far-off lands plying their mystical wares or performing feats of wonder. Caber tossing, stone put, and hammer throws for your more savage or barbaric peoples. Every kind of musician you can imagine. Gypsy caravans or traveling gamblers providing dice and card games. Brewers and vintners coming in droves with hundreds of barrels of every kind of drink you can think of. Parades, especially more military-minded countries displaying martial status. And if the carnival holds some particularly auspicious day of the year, you obviously have various religious functions, feasts, and ceremonies.

And yes, food. Food by the fuckton. If it can be cooked in oil, chances are it'll be there.
>>
>>44273367
And don't forget menageries. I remember the last time some damn fool decided to bring a blindfolded basilisk to a feast in order to impress a noble and one slip nearly killed half a dozen guests. They were fine, thankfully, our barbarian woman jumped in just in time since she was familiar with the beasts.
>>
>>44273367
>>44273424
Definitely going to have a lot of fun with dice and cards, likely going to have my players actually do some mini-games involving the two of they are so inclined (and it can be a fun way for them to gamble up some extra coin).

A menagerie is already planned, part petting zoo, part monsters for show bouts in the ongoing tournament.
>>
File: tumblr_lugoxkWbUV1qhttpto3_1280.jpg (511 KB, 1278x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lugoxkWbUV1qhttpto3_1280.jpg
511 KB, 1278x1280
Parades!

Time to put on those dress uniforms!
Time to throw stuff into the masses!
Time to carry wacky ritual stuff through the streets!
>>
File: vlcsnap-02194.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-02194.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Lot's of commerce!
>>
File: 1329759147871.jpg (296 KB, 867x1200) Image search: [Google]
1329759147871.jpg
296 KB, 867x1200
Fireworks, Illusions and spectacle!
>>
>>44275684
What is that, Dragonfall?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.