[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1449902231870.jpg (102 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1449902231870.jpg
102 KB, 894x894
Let's talk Elder Scrolls lore.

Which direction is the lore being taken in next? Is the Dragonborn going to be relevant post-Skyrim? How will the Thalmor fall for good?
>>
Hammerfell. I doubt the Dragonborn will be relevant. The Thalmor will probably be defeated in two or three more games.
>>
I really want to see Elsewyr or Blackmarsh, even though I know neither will never happen. They've already done Hammerfell once, they should fuck up somewhere else instead.
>>
DB will probably just be, or at least should be, in yarns, and probably viewed as a usual Nord Tall Tale left for local inns.

Obviously northerners would heed more to the idea of the DB's significance, but considering the likelihood of the Thalmor incursion, its relevance and importance would probably be downplayed to make way for their propaganda and campaigning.

The Thalmor will probably take some swaths of land, but eventually take too much, then comes the PC to save the day. Assuming, which is a likely possibility, unfortunately, that there would indeed, not be a chance to aid the Thalmor.
>>
I feel like, even if siding with the Imperials in Skyrim was the right choice, I went with the Stormcloaks because it would make for a more thrilling, hopeless situation when facing the Thalmor.

Not sure if Bethesda establishes past game canon decisions after the next one comes out - but it would be nice if the Dragonborn was a Nord, and then sided with the Stormcloaks out of a ill-advised sense of duty or even pride, and his decisions have many consequences later.
>>
>>44257553
I doubt they would do that. They've gone out of their way not to.
>>
>>44257553
The choices that the player makes won't really matter.
Let's say the legion won the war but the council still gave Skyrim some semi-authonomy.
Tulius gets called back and is assasinated.

Stormcloaks win and Ulfric is ruining Skyrim for everyone but his band of merry bandits and someone simply assasinates him and his chief officers.
Bam instantly new moot that selects a new High king friendly to the Empire (probably Balgruf) and the scenario from qbove with the council happens.

We had the option to assasinate the emperor.
We try and bam Falkreath sanctuarry is destroyed.
Or.
We try and eradicate the DB but only destroy the Falkreath sanctuarry.
Emperor still dies later on.

Basically any action the player takes beyond doing their job in the main quest >>44257305
as PC doesn't affect the future much.
>>
C H I M
H
I
M
>>
File: flameatronach.jpg (87 KB, 720x976) Image search: [Google]
flameatronach.jpg
87 KB, 720x976
>>44257305
>No links in the op
Good job, you double n'wah

What's everyone listening to tonight? Vehk sent me this link and a wink emoticon over the Dreamsleeve; I'm not sure what he's trying to tell me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgqUJOudrcM
>>
>>44257305
The Thalmor will destroy those filthy monkeys and unmake creation. Elves will finally reach their full potential as a single collective being.
>>
>>44257553
PC choices have never mattered in TES lore, I doubt they'll start now. The Civil War will be resolved in a way that favors neither side by the time of the next game.

>>44261125
Good luck with that.
>>
>>44257305
Can we let this thread die and make the proper /tgesg/ one, please? People searching for "tgesg" will find nothing.

Remember to sage.
>>
>>44257452
Akavir
>>
>>44258870
Balgruf would be my choice too.

He is pro-empire, but also worships Talos. Oh and he has a soft spot for the Dunmer.

If Skyrim allies with Hammerfell ,High Rock and possible Morrorwind, the Aldmeri and the Empire might have a problem.

All we need is another shezzarine waking up in blackmarsh, valenwood or Elsweyr to cause a uprising.

And the Aldmerscum can say good night.
>>
>>44261628

Only 12 posts? fuck it, I'm making it, abandon thread.
>>44261803
>>44261803
>>44261803
>>
>>44257305
What is this abomination of a thread? Truly, this must be the doing of OP, the Daedric Prince of Faggotry.
>>
>>44257553
I wouldn't say siding with the imperials is the right choice either. They're really both terrible.

Ulfric is the leader who has the right long term idea: attack the fucking piss elves, exile them out of your land, and stop capitulating. The battle of the five rings, and Hammerfell in general proved that the time for resistance is now. But he'll terribly mismanage everything, because his only real leadership experience that he's succeeded at is small unit tactics, not running a country.

The imperials are the side that will forever stall, so long as they're ruled by a mede. Sure, tulius says things are moving, but you can't trust that. The time to attack is now, not later, and the current dynasty has proven it's unwilling to actually man up.

Strangely, the dark brotherhood may have done more to fight the Thalmor by assassinating the emperor than any other faction involved in the conflicts. Which makes me wonder if Sithis, as a padomayic force might have something invested in keeping lorkhan's pride and joy, Nirn, running.
>>
>>44263280
Why on Earth did you bump it, faggot? see >>44261813
Saging, of course.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.