[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take a look at this glorious motherfucker, gue'la. He is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
Take a look at this glorious motherfucker, gue'la. He is coming to liberate your planet from its oppressive overlords on the other side of the galaxy. He is going to free the shit out of you.
>>
>>44249541
Neat
>>
File: Tau Sympathizer.jpg (21 KB, 272x299) Image search: [Google]
Tau Sympathizer.jpg
21 KB, 272x299
>>44249541
So... If Tau have cobalt in their blood it should be yellow.
Yet we always see the blood depicted as either blue or red. Opinions?
>>
>>44249689
Imperials and Orks think their blood should be blue due to a lack of knowledge. The Warp changes the Tau's blood color. That's what I always go with.
>>
>>44249541

It ain't freedom unless the humans can get cigars and big-guns and join in too.
>>
File: 0e5cc187e661299cb32c9ca875f751cc.jpg (436 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
0e5cc187e661299cb32c9ca875f751cc.jpg
436 KB, 1024x1448
>>44249541
+NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT+
>>
>>44249689
Supposedly Ork blood is green, because, you know, plants.
>>
Why does it have a vagina face?
>>
>>44249824
>Dave... dave... your on fire mate
>>
>>44249824
>I feel the Emperor overtaking me! it is a good pain!.
>>
>>44249862
That's how they breathe, anon.
>>
File: 99120105053_NorkDeddog360.jpg (64 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120105053_NorkDeddog360.jpg
64 KB, 600x620
>>44249541
Sorry m8, command already sent Nork to be my bodyguard. You paper tigers can mosey on back to where you came from.
>>
File: ork biology info.jpg (213 KB, 771x1081) Image search: [Google]
ork biology info.jpg
213 KB, 771x1081
>>44249847
>>
>>44249824

The tau beat back 2 crusades.

The second crusade that got BTFO was so buttmad they said fuck it and set a system of fire, went home with their tail between their legs screaming "FUCK YOU WE WIN!"
>>
>>44249847
ork blood changes according to what they ate and what they are doing because it is effectively a big deal of their digestive system and can alter methabolism according to the need of energy.
>>
File: 1433823613235.png (1 MB, 1250x679) Image search: [Google]
1433823613235.png
1 MB, 1250x679
>>44250015
+ONLY BECAUSE WE WERE TIED UP SHITSTOMPING ELDAR+
>>
>>44250279
Meanwhile, the Tau Empire has brought horrible, horrible freedom to another human world. Cast off your shackles, gue'la, and embrace the Greater Good! Or don't. You'll all be extinct in a generation or two, either way.
>>
File: 1440889525643.jpg (170 KB, 729x800) Image search: [Google]
1440889525643.jpg
170 KB, 729x800
>>44250378
The Emperor's subjects will always provide new soldiers who are willing to die for a glorious Imperium.
>>
>>44250378
>race without an open path to psychic ascension
>surviving the next generations
pick one

you may also pick deus ex eldar, but only because GW wants to sell big suits of armour
>>
File: 1438731162150.gif (2 MB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1438731162150.gif
2 MB, 500x382
>>44249541
It's funny to see that even in the strong culture of honor based technologically advanced ranged combatants that is the tau empire, that their veteran warriors visually just like like tau-ified catachan jungle fighters/ ork kommandos, even going so far as to apply the ork ideology of MORE DAKKA by having a gun that is two guns strapped together and a huge backpack that looks like it belongs on a space marine.
>>
>>44250279

>imperium of man decided that tau need to die
>send first crusade
>crusade dident back the fuck up so it got smacked the fuck up
>imperium butthurt
>w... well. THAT WASENT EVEN A REAL CRUSADE!
>we could kill you all if we really wanted to by sending a REAL crusade!
>Laughingtau.png
>tau continue to expand
>imperium decide its time to send a "real" crusade
>2nd crusade dident back the fuck up so it got smacked the fuck up just like the first
>we... well.... FUCK THEM SET THE WHOL DMAN PLACE ON FIRE!!!!!
>*sniffle* we were going to wipe you and and we set the whol sector on fire killing billions of our own troops!
>FUCK YOU WE WIN!!!
>b... besides... that wasent even a REAL crusade!!!

so when is the 3rd crusade coming and are you ready to get BTFO again?
>>
>>44250448

As soon as their sales drop below what they need to be, that's the only reason they exist anyway, to get the female weeb crowd.
>>
>>44250414
> psychic ascension

I don't see that as important considering that the Necrons are among the major contenders for galactic conquest.
>>
>>44250378
++FOOLISH XENOS, I AM NO MORTAL, I AM THE GOD EMPEROR'S WILL RENDERED CORPOREAL, THE HOPE OF MAN GIVEN FORM! I CANNOT DIE, FOR I ALREADY DID ON THE FIELDS OF ISSTVAN V TEN MILLENNIA AGO.

YOUR RIFLES WILL NOT HARM ME, FOR MY BODY IS THE WARP. HARM PASSES THROUGH ME, AND LIKEWISE MY FIST SHALL GRIP YOUR HEART THROUGH YOUR BREAST WITH THE VICE OF THE DEAD.

I AM NOT ASTARTES, I AM NOT ALIVE. I AM DAEMON!++
>>
File: 1448712095114.png (3 MB, 1536x1006) Image search: [Google]
1448712095114.png
3 MB, 1536x1006
>>44250378

>You'll all be extinct in a generation or two, either way.

This guy buys into the imperial propaganda that the tau cut the balls off of all the men on a planet the free.

Thats funny annon. There are plenty of vespids, kroot, Nicassar, Tarellian ect ect ect that fight for the tau. why would they turn down willing and able humans?
>>
>>44249689
When have we seen Tau blood being red?
>>
>>44250483

Annon females play Nids or DE. Mostly nids.

I dont know what the fuck it is about nids but most of the female games i have seen play nids.
>>
>>44250532
There is an official artist that keeps drawing their blood red.

Most artists and the lore states that they bleed cobalt/purple blood.
>>
>>44250545
Every gamer girl wants to be the Queen of Blades.
>>
> warp storm isolates their planet for 6,000 thousand years
> mysterious omniscient beings save their race from destroying itself
> warp storm abates, tau immediately expand
> pretty much nothing goes wrong for them
> loads of new technology
> lots of victories
Where have we seen this before?
Also given how history repeats itself and GWs writers are lazy, there's is a pretty good chance the tau could some suffer sort of violent schism via the farsight enclave.
also their entire race is being manipulated by the eldar
>>
>>44250432
Nah, it's just nerds who feel threatened by other factions having hyper-masculine men.

Tau veterans go into battlesuits, or (if they take one too many blows to the head) become a fireblade
>>
File: 1420407839388.jpg (185 KB, 825x968) Image search: [Google]
1420407839388.jpg
185 KB, 825x968
>>44250448

We all know Tau got saved by GW fluff-armor (sales numbers).
The Imperium doesn't even need to make a "crusade" against a species that hasn't even evolved warp drive.

See it like this, you play chess with a friend. While you follow the traditional rules of Chess, he picks up one of his models and simply place him where he wants to be and takes out you're king before you even touching you're forward models.

The same should just as easily be applied for the Imperium of man and just about any force they send. But GW, butt hurt about their precious sales number on giant robots, makes the imperium assault like Megaman in one of you're old classical NES games "we approach the outer most part of the alien base, then we need to fight our way through until we reach the final bad guy".
Basically painting up an imperious that has literally conquered billions of worlds to be a fucking retard when it comes to warfare. This is what bothers me the most!
I get it, the empire of man´s strategy is just about as effective as Russia during WW2, the problem is, Russia fucking raped shit during WW2, and could just as easily kept going. There were simply to many of them to halt.
>>
>>44250504
yeah right, because ruling over lifeless rocks as your own consciousness slowly crumbles into madness is totally worth galactic conquest.
chaos is going to eat everything that doesn't ascend or escape, necrons are the ones left in limbo because they are already dead.
>>
>>44249689
>If Tau have cobalt in their blood it should be yellow.

Cobalt oxide is black.
>>
>>44250432
that is a knock off not!tau miniature based on fan art
>>
>>44250015
>"crusades"

People still call those Imperial skirmish forces "crusades" ?
>>
I always ask this question to xeno fucks
What the fuck will you do when eventually chaos, cypher, fucking necrons, tyranids or some other shit fucks up Terra and destroys Golden Throne
The fuck will you do when Emperor will incarnate as a Star Child or a fucking deity of mankind? Is Galaxy ready for Emperor 2.0? Because he sure as fuck learned his mistakes by now
>>
>>44250507
>Isstvan V
>21st Founding chapter
Uh huh.
>>
>>44250799

Well, to be fair, for an empire believing they are the true rulers of its known universe it must seem so. These "skirmish forces" each large enough to shake the very foundation of the Tau empire, must surely be the major bulk of just another enemy. Little does they know this is just a stray fleet sent to deal with this pesky infestation of an upstater alien race.
>>
>>44250753
Oxidation is a different chemical reaction though.

I read this before but here is something that sounds convincing enough:
>chemists have been able to synthesize Hb-like chemicals that are capable of reversible combination with oxygen.4 For example, a simple iron-indigo compound functions quite well in this regard, as do porphyrin complexes of manganese and cobalt unknown in terrestrial respiratory systems.7, 8, 9, 10 A wide range of cobalt histidines and "coboglobins" have been investigated that might find use in alien biochemistries.8, 11, 12, 13, 14 In fact, there is some precedent for this on Earth: vitamin B12 is a cobalt-based porphyrin. Coboglobin blood would be colorless or slightly pink when oxygen-enriched, but dark yellow or deep amber in the veins. (Like hemocyanin, hemerythrin and coboglobin are not destroyed by carbon monoxide as is hemoglobin. Organisms with these kinds of blood pigments thus would not be poisoned by the gas, as humans are.)
http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/B/blood.html

I'm neither a chemist nor a biologists, so I have to believe what I read.
>>
>>44250521
This art looks so shit
>>
>>44250521
What is that Kastelan even shooting at?
>>
>>44250521
They've proven useful, can the same be said for humanity. With their backwards and zealous ideologies coupled with stagnant or even retrograde advancement as a species... No I don't think so.
>>
>>44251154
stealth suits
>>
>>44250521
Is that Techpriest dual wielding power swords?
What a badass.
>>
File: rimshot.gif (1 MB, 776x434) Image search: [Google]
rimshot.gif
1 MB, 776x434
>>44251215
>>
>>44250799
If by "people" you mean "Chapter Master of the Raven Guard", "high ranking Khan of the White Scars", and "Lord General of an entire Cadian army", then apparently.

I mean shit, I bought the books because I play Raven Guard, but whenever we saw this shit from the point of view of the Imperium, we were told it was a crusade. Even the Knight House that assisted referred to the entire thing as a crusade.

I mean, sure, Tau is a race full of weeboo faggots, but stop pretending the Imperium wasn't actually trying. In terms of importance, losing a chapter master was far more impactful than losing... Nothing, honestly, since what they lost was merely replaced by an AI.

Now, what the Tau needs to worry about is the ensuing AI uprising that WILL happen at some point.
>>
>>44251309
I found it weird that the two chapters who are all about stealth and speed where the ones being led on a wild goose chase, if it was a more static chapter i could understand.
>>
>>44251378
Superior tau tactics folded over a thousand times cannot be beaten by alien pig scum. T'AU BANZAI! BANZAI!.
>>
>>44250746
The rulling Necrons (Silent King, Imotekh, and Anrakyr) said that life is required for the supremacy of the Necrons. They will preserve life and control it.

Also the "Return of Flesh" is read and has been prophesied to happen at some point in the future.
>>
>>44250833
They can't do shit.
There are only 4 ways 40k can end and it will happen really soon in the timeline.
>Chaos is destroyed before the Emperor dies and whoever did it (Eldar, Necrons or Orks) takes over the galaxy
>humanity achieves it's psychic evolution and the Imperium steamrolls everything with the Emperor at it's head
>Tyranids eat everything and weaken Chaos completely then leave, at best leaving a few Necrons to go crazy over rulling a lifeless galaxy
>the Emperor is killed and Chaos rapes everyone
None of these outcomes bode well for an upstart and imperialistic Xenos race that can't coexist peacefully with other races.
>>
File: 1413059358513.png (1 MB, 1500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413059358513.png
1 MB, 1500x500
>>44250723
Doesn't the Imperium have the ability to nuke shit from space and bombard a stronghold until it's nothing but dust?
Is the plot armor that thick?
>>
>>44250848
The lore's gotten fuzzy on what exactly they are now. The Fire Hawks explanation makes the most sense to me, and I like it, but sometimes they're Emperor daemons, sometimes they're disquieted spirits.
>>
>>44251615
>None of these outcomes bode well for an upstart and imperialistic Xenos race that can't coexist peacefully with other races
I think you mean the other way around.

It isn't that Tau can't coexist with the other races, it is that they want to be on top, and no one else want to submit to that.

If they somehow got that stick out of their asses, and they might just be able to ally themselves with someone of importance, like the Eldar.

If they don't, they WILL fall in the long run, if not to one of the big players, then to their own reliance on AI everywhere. At some point, they'll lose control of their technology, and then they'll get buttfucked by their own creations, no outside forces having to interfere there.
>>
>>44251378
I am mostly miffed about a Tau being better at the cloak and dagger approach than the Chapter Master of the Cloak and Dagger approach.

Sure, Shadowsun is good, but come on now.

And shit, I play Tau. Still doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
>>44251660

It does work to some extent. The recent "blow the world" fluff was only made AFTER a failure of ground invasion, and didn't even managed to get any key characters caught in its blast.
So yea, it works, but only after GW fluff armor has protected the "valuable" Tau characters, and made sure the Imperium has lost loads more units beforehand. Cant nuke before a ground invasion, that would be ludicrous don't you think?
>>
>>44251746
Hell, it's not like the Imperium can't make more soldiers. But it's still bullshit that anyone would risk a ground invasion for something they want to completely destroy, over nuking it from space.

Though I imagine the planet's resources could be used... And maybe technology if the mechanicus don't spaz out over it. Hell, maybe save a few humans or something.
>>
>>44251746

Again, in truth, an invasion would start up by the Imperium making a fake frontal assault, but sending yet another fleet with warp drive blowing up world after world from within. Making a warp drive to the central planets of Tau, attacking from behind enemy lines so to speak. This would split up an already outnumbered force, and any planet with life would see death from orbit before an actual invasion.

We all know this, and we all know GW sales keeps up this fluff armor to the extent that even if the Imperium would make an assault without captain dimwit in charge of writing, we would still see "oh wait, Farsaight gets back and re-joins the empire JUST IN TIME! And he also got this anti-nuke-from-orbit alien device he found out of no where, that protects and brings peace to all!". And Tau fags all over the world will be like "I told you so, Tau are so best, they got like hundreds of planets and you get a free I-pad as a citizen!" and all that bullshit.
>>
>>44251906
Why don't the Necrons of the Mehprit dynasty or the Necrons of Thanatos blow up Terra? It's within their abilities to behead the Imperium but they just don't do it.

Fucking Imperium plot armor.
>>
>>44251745
>And shit, I play Tau
nope, only a butthurt imperialfaggot would say something like that

:^^^)
>>
>>44249948
>pic
That gun looks like he ripped it straight from borderlands.
>>
>>44251713
There is no "in the long run" in 40k. Everyone but the Tau is on the verge of their victory condition and have the means to achieve it. Hell, the Tyranids and Necrons don't even have to do shit, just wait for the main force/everyone to wake.

>>44251952
>Necrons blow up Terra
>everything is Chaos now
Sure, it's the Imperial plot armor preventing that, totally not the fact that would go against everything the Necrons want :^)
>>
>>44251746
The Imperium wanted the world because it was a Warp route hub that connected a vastly rich resource system to the Imperium. It's the very reason, other the death of what'shisname, that the Imperium sent that amount of forces.

When the Imperium realized that taking back the world was impossible because the Tau are just that good, they decided to "fuck it" and nuke the world.

What's funny is that it's the second time the Imperium issued an exterminatus on that world.
>>
>>44252066
>Sure, it's the Imperial plot armor preventing that, totally not the fact that would go against everything the Necrons want :^)

It does not. The Necrons will have an easier time conquering the Imperium which is something they want.
>>
>>44251746
If by fluff armour you mean a powerful shield generator that they weren't able to deactivate then sure. That makes perfect sense. The same would happen if it were an Imperial high command protected by layers of void shields.
>>
File: 1436807028067.jpg (91 KB, 464x1464) Image search: [Google]
1436807028067.jpg
91 KB, 464x1464
Never forget?
>>
>>44251745
It seemed to be that they're so used to being the hunters that Shadowsun was able to exploit it. The Imperium have a huge catalogue of strategies and tactics to work with, but they're very set in their ways so it's going to be hard when you're up against a more flexible opponent who is more interested in finding new ways of doing things. Khan and Shrike even have a discussion at one point about how this xenos bitch was able to mislead them yet again and how ridiculous it was, so it's not like the writers were ignorant of what they were doing.
>>
>>44250723
To use your analogy, the Imperium is more like Russia during WWII except without the help of any of the Allies and also fighting off an invasion by Japan from the south, America from the east, and an internal revolt.

You're also forgetting that the Imperium isn't fighting regular wars, they're fighting wars of annihilation where the entire point is to exterminate everyone. Plus they're doing so without much in the way of reserves, if they had enough forces to keep a small fleet in reserve they could have immediately began assaulting the weaker Tau holdings that were cut off. But they didn't because they can't, any fleet in reserve isn't fighting the millions of myriad threats the Imperium faces. By the time they manage to raise another attack force the Tau will have had years to entrench their forces and figure out how to resupply their worlds across the Gulf.

The entire point of the Tau is that they're the new upstart race; in any other setting they'd be humanity. The Imperium ignored them when they were weak, made piddling attempts to fight them as they gained power, and now that they're an actual threat the Imperium can no longer just brute force them into extinction. They're emblematic of the bloated, bureaucratic nature of Imperium being its own enemy.
>>
>>44252184
>the fan
I never noticed that before, kek.
>>
>>44250432
It's Big Boss as a tau, moron
>>
>>44250521
That picture is terrible.
>>
>>44251242
>Frank, where's your gun?
>TWO POWER SWORDS, DAVE! Two. Mother. Fucking. Power Swords.
>Omnimessiah damn it, Frank, give me back by power sword before I shoot then find your gun and shoot you with it.
>>
>>44250279
>Imperium attacks your craft world due to their deep seeded hatred for your kind
>Chapter attacking you is literally called the invaders
>Fucking Eldrad couldn't make up this shit
>Suddenly fiery Astartes with charred black armor burst out of the warp just as you were about to strike down the last Invading Astartes
>Fail to even harm the Avatar of Khaine summoned with the blood of the Exarch you sacrificed yourself
>So instead they blow up the entire dome revealing the wonders of space to your world launching everyone, including the Astartes you thought they had come to protect and themselves into the cold void of space.

What a bunch of cunts
>>
>>44252396
space marines can survive almost indefinitely in a vacuum while naked

they were probably alright
>>
>>44250723
what was that mans name?
>>
>>44250545
I can confirm this. I know a girl who loves playing dark heresy and knows a bit about warhammer lore. Tyranids are her favourite race
>>
>>44252414
No they can't
>>
>>44252362
>>44251242
>shank two xenos at once
>shank one xeno twice
>>
>>44251242
he's just like "i just need to get past this explosion and i can chop the knees off that dam thing"
>>
File: nid.jpg (114 KB, 578x361) Image search: [Google]
nid.jpg
114 KB, 578x361
>>44250545
gf plays nids, definitely a trend

Though I did know one girl who played orks and thought they were cute... wasn't sure what to say on that one
>>
>>44252066
So what you're saying is that everyone has plot armor except for the one faction who is the entire lynchpin and main protagonist of the setting and who can't be defeated without destroying everything?
>>
>>44251242
>>44252362
If you notice, he's wielding one with a servo arm, meaning he is probably still shooting with that unseen hand as well.

Either than or it's holding a third unseen power sword
>>
>>44252489
Orks are cute, though. They've got childlike innocence and big, clumsy toys.
>>
>>44252396
>>Fail to even harm the Avatar of Khaine summoned with the blood of the Exarch you sacrificed yourself

You forgot to mention that the Legion of the Damned distracted the Avatar while the Invader assault marine blew a hole into the Craftworld.

The Avatar wasn't able to harm the Legion of the Damned. His sword passed through them and did no harm. When the hole sucked everything up, the Legion disappeared. The Avatar thrust his blade into the ground to resist the pull. The assault Invader marines saw this and activated his boasters. He flew at the Avatar and shattered his sword. Both Marine and Avatar were sucked into Space.

The Marine chills around in space waiting for rescue while watching the Craftworld burn. Must have been a beautiful sight.
>>
>>44252525
>>44252362
>>44251242
Those are the new Sicarian Hyperfrequency Swords or whatever. He's a Skitarii squad leader, not a techpriest.
>>
>>44252617
Who cares. He's a badass cyberdude with motherfucking cyberswords.
>>
After having my balls neutered, these Tau actually regrowed them and transplanted them where my original balls where and I can have kids again.
Thank you Tau, may the Emperor bless your humbleness and your goodwill.
>>
>>44252525
>THREE power swords Dave. A fucking 50% increase in two power swords at once.
>You got a new mechadendrite just t- you know what fine. Give me your plasma pistol. See who survives longer out there
>...imma gonna kill me a crisis suit with these. Three power swords, ain't no xeno gonna stop me now!
>Omnissiah damn you Frank.. Just.. Damn you.
>>
>>44252590
And then the Eldar came and killed every last human and Marine on their homeworld at the time, because Eldar practice the Chicago way.
>>
>>44252617
How exactly do they differ from say, a sword with power of some sort pumped into them or through them?
A 'power sword' if you will.
>>
>>44252590
>The Avatar wasn't able to harm the Legion of the Damned. His sword passed through them and did no harm.

How the fuck does that make sense?
>>
>>44252669
Actually, the Eldar of Alaitoc just glassed the Invaders world and fortress monastery. IIRC, three companies of the Invaders survived and the chapter turned into a Space bound chapter.
>>
>>44252682
They do some kind of smart harmonization in extended combat to get down to AP 2ish because they're vibrating at exactly the right sonic frequency to cut through your armor like butter.
>>
>>44252682
Vibrations or something I dunno.
>>
>>44252709
They are ghost marines. Made outta smoke and fire.

Have you tried swinging something at something incorporeal? I assure you that you will only look foolish.
>>
>>44252715
>three companies of the Invaders survived
Yes, because they weren't home at the time. And the Eldar still want the rest of them dead, so...
>>
>>44252777
No, the lore says they were home and they escaped the slaughter,
>>
>>44252472
>shields aren't actually for pussies
>>
>>44252682
There shouldn't be, but lately GW has been giving special snowflake abilities to every sngle army, if no unit.
For example, in the fluff AdMech's plasma guns are better than Imperial Ones. Instead of making 'em regular plasma guns without the overheat rule, they get a whole new profile with a special ability. As they say in France: "Why make it simple when you can make it circumvoluted?"
>>
>>44252762
>They are ghost marines. Made outta smoke and fire.

Man, they're going to get their shit wrecked once the Eldar start fielding units of Glistening Firehoses.
>>
>>44252444
Ollanius Pius.
>>
File: LotD.png (570 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
LotD.png
570 KB, 600x450
>>44252762
>Daemons screamed and snarled, pressing up from below in a rising tide. Sergeant Silas gritted his teeth and fired his bolter into the mass, cursing the ill fortune that left him and his brothers to face this horror alone. Their extraction Stormraven was just minutes away. Yet, as he watched the tide of Warpspawn boiling up the slopes below, the Raven Guard Sergeant knew that was time he did not have.

>Directly between the Space Marines and the horde of Daemons, the air convulsed. Everything seemed to flicker for a moment. Colour washed from Silas’ vision, and the shadows danced weirdly. Flames leapt, seemingly from nowhere, and suddenly a squad of fire-wreathed Adeptus Astartes stood in the Daemons’ path. Silas watched in awe as the glowing black-and-bone figures raised their weapons and let fly into the foe. His mind reeled. The damned ones of legend were real.

>Echoing thunder rolled up the slope as the Legion of the Damned opened fire into the onrushing Daemons. Unnatural bodies burst apart, showering ectoplasmic gore in all directions as the Legionnaires’ fiery bolts struck home. The Daemons flung Warpfire in return, yet the actinic blasts seemed to pass through the spectral Space Marines as though they were not there. More shots roared out, and the Daemons recoiled, their headlong charge stalled by the new arrivals’ fire. Recovering his senses, Sergeant Silas raised his own bolter and opened up, barking an order at his brothers to do the same. Today was not their day to die after all.

Bullets, plasma, warpfire, oversized swords. They can't harm ghosts.
>>
>>44252983

Mary sue bullshit. Into the trash they go.
>>
>>44253018
Ghosts can't be mary sues. They are ghosts.

Being incorporeal is part of the perks of being a ghosts. What the point of being a ghost if people can hit you with stuff?
>>
>>44252650
This is the exact same line of thought that leads to Rogue Trader Explorators that look like squids covered in knives.
>>
>>44252590
Why do Avatars always get fucked? It seems whenever GW needs something impressive to kill, they choose an Avatar.
>>
File: Divine.png (4 MB, 5264x532) Image search: [Google]
Divine.png
4 MB, 5264x532
>>44253191
It's not just Avatars.

All of them suffer from it.
>>
>>44253218
I guess. Avatars seem to suffer more than most though. Calgar killed one, the Swarmlord killed one, and now bloody random marines are getting in on the god-murder as well.
>>
>>44250848
Anon I don't know if you got the memo, but the Legion of the Damned are actually funky daemon warp monsters now.
>>
>>44253298
It's probably something that's impressive, but not so well fluffed out to be nearly impossible for someone to kill. Where the Greater Daemons can bend reality in horrid ways, the C'tan Shards are amazingly powerful in manipulating reality, the Avatar of Khaine is not as great in comparison, being merely a fading ember of a bloody, martial warp-god.

Why not the Saints or the Swarmlord? I dunno. Probably because Tyranids as a whole are supposed to fuck shit up wherever they go and be nearly impossible to stop (like the Necrons and Chaos to a degree, incidentally), and the Sisters already get beat down enough.
>>
>>44253191
Avatars aren't popular sellers, would be my best guess. They've not had a non-Forge World model since, what, 2nd edition? Even the FW one is getting on a bit now, lovely sculpt aside.

Eldar are one of the classic established races though, and even now the fact that they can still awaken an actual war god carries some cachet, if only because they were cool as balls in Dawn of War. That makes them perfect Jobbers - a history (or at least a fading memory from the time the model was actually made) of badassedness, a long history so they cannot be easily dismissed as having been invented purely to job, and the fact its kind of a named character but also a quite rare kind of monster means killing one seems more significant than its peers (I have killed a God of War! I am the greatest!) but killing it doesn't write it out of the setting so someone else gets to have another go later.
>>
>>44252266
He's right though, the Tau are only still around because they're a marketed faction.
GW can't even decide what level of tech the Tau are at, just to ignore the impracticalities of their situation.

To modify your analogy, the Imperium is like Russia during WWII but with an economy equal to the rest of the world combined and Germany and America are fighting each other just as viciously.

You are right that they're science-fiction humanity in this setting, but this just elucidates the absurdity of how humanity in science-fiction stories always managed to pull off a victory against a vastly overpowering enemy.
>>
>>44253403
>killing it doesn't write it out of the setting so someone else gets to have another go later.

This is quite important when making a choice on who gets the short end of the stick. If you need someone important to die you want someone powerful but replaceable (like demons, avatars or some chaos lords that get regularly resurrected), but named characters are a no-go, especially if they have a model. Tycho and Eldrad were the only ones changing that, and one has been retconned (maybe the other too? not up to date).

So you have space marine chapters getting destroyed or chapter masters killed, but they're not going to be characters that have seen plenty of exposition in the past. Raven Guard CM died, not shrike. Something can happen to the IFs, but not to lysander. Of course this means that no ultramarine will die ever, as they'll all just get some flash wounds like they were joker going against batman.
>>
>Tau take over a few planets while the imperium is busy and everyone acts like Tau are hot shit conquerors of the galaxy
>Stuff like that isn't even worth a mention in other xenos books unless they exterminated a chapter of space marines doing it

I know this topic has veered off into uncharted territories multiple times but I feel a need to say it.
>>
>>44253505
All factions are only still around because they're a marketed faction. If no one bought Orks anymore you could kiss them goodbye as a faction.

>>44253673
It's not that. It's that when the Imperium tried to take back those few planets the best they could manage is a scorched earth withdrawal that didn't even cover all the territory they tried to reclaim.
>>
>>44249541
So where do you buy it? Also from this pic it looks kinda like he's missing his left hand.
>>
>>44252456
Yes they can, the Mucranoid
>>
>>44249847
Fungus aren't plants, friend.
>>
>>44252203

You don't get to be a Chapter Master by always winning, or always being the hunter, or being an arrogant flawed fuck.

You get to be a Chapter Master because you have experience in almost all methods of war and the utilization of your brothers, as well as proof of personal prowess.
>>
>>44253924
It's not indefinite. At best, it's a few minutes, and only provides some protection against a vacuum.
>>
God I hate Shadowsun and the current campaign Tau forces so much. I don't hate my friend who plays Tau or all Tau septs, but the current Tau wank is just too much, as are the smarmy shitposting Tau cunts trying to bait everyone and the typical Tau WAAc faggot. And don't start going "hurr imperialfag wants his imperial wank" because most of the fluff I use is FW where imperials always lose.

I kind if want to make a Hatred: Tau chapter. WS and RG should totally get a Tau equivalent of Tyrannical War Veterans.
>>
>>44253830
To add to your point, dear anon.

There is 1000 Astra Militarum regiments , 10-12 marine chapters, and three Titan legions guarding the Cadian Gate.

The force sent to take back Agrellan and the Dovar System is made up of 1000 Astra Astra Militarum, elements from 8 marine chapters, 1 titan legion, A Knight House and numerous freeblade knights, and an unknown number of Admech macro legions and Sisters of Battle covens.

The tank battle that took place on Agrellan is said to be among the largest tank battles the Imperium ever fought.

This should put things into perspective.
>>
>>44253673
Well, >>44253830 isn't wrong. Codex entries that start with "An unknown xenos race took over a dozen minor worlds when the Imperium wasn't looking" tend to end with "And then the Imperium looked and killed every last one of the motherfuckers and erased them from history". Tau have ironclad character shields, so that second bit never happened.
>>
>>44252709

3++
>>
>>44253830
>All factions are only still around because they're a marketed faction. If no one bought Orks anymore you could kiss them goodbye as a faction.

Abso-fucking-lutely not.

If orks were genocided everyone who read the fluff would drop it like a uranium shit.

The ONLY factions that could conceivably go extinct are Eldar and Tau and if the Eldar went we'd be expecting them to come back.
>>
File: That post.................jpg (36 KB, 450x280) Image search: [Google]
That post.................jpg
36 KB, 450x280
>>44253968
> 1000 Astra Astra Militarum, elements from 8 marine chapters, 1 titan legion, A Knight House and numerous freeblade knights
>The tank battle that took place on Agrellan is said to be among the largest tank battles the Imperium ever fought.

And the Tau won? Is this shit for real?
>>
>>44250545
>>44250559
>>44252450
>>44252489

Well I mean, you got about 30 flavours of angry shouting dudes, angry shouting green dudes, space elves, engry elves, mr skeltals, or cute bugs.

Bugs every time.
>>
>>44253018

They are literally just the 40k equivalent of a call of duty kill streak support unit. You can't whine about the AI harrier being a camping hacker.
>>
>>44253968
To be fair, there's a lot more stuff around Cadia when a Black Crusade is on. The fact that there's a crusade-level amount of manpower just guarding the place during peacetime kind of takes away from the fact that it's not stuff getting thrown at the problem like with the Tau.
>>
>>44254049
Yes because the Imperium cannot into strategy and tactics.

But they can into blowing stuff up and setting things on fire.
>>
>>44253889
It's from wargames exclusive
>>
>>44252070

Why couldn't they take the world?

Hell Anon, Hiveworlds sometimes don't even have atmospheres, or if they do it's an atmosphere made of nothing but toxic fumes and radiation.

They can glass an entire world, set it's atmosphere on fire, and still colonize it with millions in under a decade.
>>
>>44251660
>Is the plot armor that thick?

Yes
>>
>>44250833

Emps will be going nuclear at what his empire has become and too busy going for round 2 with Chaos to bother the rest of us Xenos.
>>
>>44253967
imperial fluff in general is lose worlds and billions dying in brutal campaigns where phyrric victory is the best case scenario
>>
>>44250869
Wasn't the first crusade just one angry priest that pulled some strings?
So it wasn't even ordered by the high lords.
>>
>>44254232

The Big E would probably just wipe the board of xenos before firing EVERYTHING at Chaos.

He's smart enough to realize that losing shit piece-meal will only be a detriment to his fight with Chaos.
>>
Just your daily reminder: Tau survived due to some Superman-Grade plot armor (Read: GW could sell models) and in all reality, should've been fucked five ways to Sunday from an actual crusade. Plenty of other races got advanced tech, Necrons have COMPLETED technology, but the Tau got their plot armor and weaboo fightan magic.
Thank you and have a great day, Anon.
>>
File: Aregellan is Death.png (5 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Aregellan is Death.png
5 MB, 1200x1600
>>44254152
>They can glass an entire world, set it's atmosphere on fire, and still colonize it with millions in under a decade.

You know what's funny, anon? Hundreds years before Warzone Damocles, the Imperium did just that. The world was suffering from a daemonic incursion so the Imperium virus bombed it. The world was too important to be abandoned so the Imperium resettled it it, thin walls of reality and lingering toxics and viruses be damned.

There used to be a big Inquisitorial presence on the planet before the Tau invaded. They were suppose to watch for the return of the daemons.
>>
The imperials who are getting conquered are giving up way to easily, they should strap bomb vests to kids and tell them to go hug their tau 'liberators'.
Then detonate that shit
>>
File: ayyy.png (858 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
858 KB, 1024x768
>>44249541
>this is what tau fags actually believe
>>
>>44254110
Anon, when you have something like 8 million men minimum, a whole Titan legion, Space Marines and a Knight House, you don't need to care about strategy and tactics, especially against Tau.
>>
>>44250869
>>44250799
Quit lying.

The fluff calls the First Damocles Crusade a massive crusade, Numerous recent sources affirm this.
>>
>>44254329
overwhelming numbers is not an excuse for a lack of tactical brilliance as the crusade showed us
>>
>>44254379

How come the 'Nids are so effective then? Unless the Swarm Lord is out and about they aren't that potent when it comes to tactics.
>>
>>44254379
>overwhelming numbers is not an excuse for a lack of plot-armor as the crusade showed us
FTFY
>>
>>44254329
And that's why the Imperium will keep losing to the Tau.
>>
>>44254409
> implying the tau arent heading balls first into a gigantic clusterfuck
>>
>>44254398
It's like you haven't red any Tyranid lore ever. The Hivemind is very effective and efficient in directing the swarm.

The Swarmlord is summoned when a particularly challenging enemy appears.
>>
>>44250521
>why would they turn down willing and able humans?
Because humans probably outnumber Tau by 80 to 1 in the Tau Empire by now.
>>
>>44254409
>what are black templars
>>
>>44254110
>>44254379
>the Imperium cannot into strategy and tactics
>lack of tactical brilliance

That doesn't make sense, because there were 2 Chapter Master present in the Crusade, correct? And as we all know, Chapter Masters are some of the best fighters in the universe, with centuries of tactical and strategic experience.
>>
>>44254449
or Ultramarines.

but shhh, those don't exist in his fantasy world. Only tau victories count.
>>
>>44252525
>40999
>Not going full general grievous
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>44254434
>The Hivemind is very effective and efficient in directing the swarm.

That pretty much sums up to "Swarm the fuck out of them, infiltrate them sometimes, if they have big guns that destroys recyclable biomorphs then prioritize them."
>>
>>44254432
Maybe.

But the Imperium won't have anything to do with it.
>>
>>44254459
Also you cant have a galaxy spanning empire without having pretty decent strategys.
Just look at creed, not every commander is bloody chenkov
>>
>>44254505
Probably not.
But that will probably be worse, given how its likely that there will be a tau civil war.
Or they get skullfucked by daemons
>>
>>44254334
The Damocles Crusade would have ground the Tau into extinction had the Tyranids not shown up. Which is fine for the Imperium seeing how the Imperial Guard relies on a doctrine of attrition. Hell look at the siege of Vrax, and that was a single planet compared to that the Damocles Gulf Crusade was nothing.
>>
>>44254474
Decisive victories that shake up the whole war. Are you guys that pity that you will nitpick battles?

The Ultrmarines got suckered into attacking diversionary forces while the main Tau force went around sacking dozes of Imperial worlds. Again, back to the Imperium cannot into strategy.

>>44254449
Won in Nimbosa with the help of the Ultramarines and Nocamarines and then the Tau returned to claim. It has been a back and forth ever since.
>>
File: Hail to the Aun'Vre Baby.jpg (34 KB, 248x503) Image search: [Google]
Hail to the Aun'Vre Baby.jpg
34 KB, 248x503
>>44249541
man I was beat to stogie-tau
>>
>>44254334

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Damocles_Crusade

The Crusade was based around a dozen capital starships of the Imperial Navy, five provisional companies of Space Marines, and nineteen Regiments of Imperial Guard

oh boy. 500 space marines. WHAT A CRUSADE!!!
>>
>>44254605
Not every crusade mobilizes entire chapters, anon-kun.
>>
>>44254577
Wrong.

The crusade was stalemated at Dal'yth and the Crusade commander was already ordering a withdraw before news of Behemoth hit them. In fact, it was stated that the crusade's chance for victory were negligible especially under the threat of Tau from other septs encircling the crusade.

Sources (3th ED and 4thED Tau codexes).
>>
File: Sweating Frog.jpg (25 KB, 448x412) Image search: [Google]
Sweating Frog.jpg
25 KB, 448x412
>>44254635
But it's not even a million Guardsmen.
>>
>>44254605
Dude, the fluff gets updated all the time and additions to the lore happen.

For example, The Ultrmarine painting guide has fluff stating there were a hundred regiments of guard fighting on one of the Tau worlds during the First Damocles Crusade.

And if you think that was "WHAT a crusade" then you should be ashamed as an imperial fanboy because recent Imperial sources (Marine 7th ED codex) says the crusade was massive.
>>
>>44250521
>humans have advanced to within fifty feet
>riptide has yet to fire a single missile from its pods

Tau are masters of long-range combat guiz.
>>
>>44254635
>500 marines
>a dozen capital ships
>19 IG regiments
That is legit like less than 100k soldiers. That is a skirmish by the standards of the Imperial Guard.

Shit had this been Orks, Eldar, or Necrons the force would have been brushed aside like it is nothing, let alone Tyranids or Chaos. Something like Armageddon scale deployments would probably wipe out the Tau in a week.
>>
>>44254691
>Imperial sources (Marine 7th ED codex) says the crusade was massive.
Which is the entire problem. The Tau are pictured as tiny and close to insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And then they stop in its tracks and win againt a force large enough that their empire should have been obliterated.
>>
>>44254719
>Not mastering the art of the Tau Missile version of shining finger
>>
>>44254775
Like how the new additions and changes happened to Imperial crusade, don't you think the Tau also had changes done to them?

I mean the DW that came with the Mont'ka book says that the Tau are a technological powerhouse who are among the major players in the galaxy.

I think your notion about the Tau being tiny and insignificant is as outdated as Damocles crusade being 19 regiments and bla and bal.
>>
>>44254849
>Tau are a technological powerhouse who are among the major players in the galaxy
>among the major players in the galaxy
>with no psykers
Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Necron March.jpg (900 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Necron March.jpg
900 KB, 1920x1080
>>44254915
>with no psykers

And so?
>>
Technically, nids don't have psykers as well due to the fact that they don't actually use the Warp.
>>
>>44254588
Jesus man, take a breather- get out your inhaler.
>>
>>44254915
Nicassar
Wish they would expand on these client races more
>>
>>44254849

>Major players in the galaxy
>Has less than 200 worlds
>The Imperium has fucking millions.
>The Eldar have a bunch of mobile city-ships and are masters of intrigue and manipulation, or have an entire pocket dimension dedicated towards their survival.
>Orks are fucking everywhere, literally everywhere, except for the core systems of the Imperium that can afford to make certain every single spore is dead, and even then they probably survive in the fucking underhives
>Chaos has a giant anus rivaling the size of the Galactic core to themselves, and can appear any-fucking-where in the Galaxy if their patrons will it, oh, and can come back from the fucking dead, and would have nigh-infinite BOOLEETZ if they weren't constantly fucking themselves
>Nids are 'Nids
>Crons are 'Crons.
>The Tau are a Major player, a major player that doesn't even have good FTL compared to even the half-retarded orks, or are lacking in FTL capabilities completely depending on chosen fluff.
>Major player.
>>
>>44254941
>Necrons
>major players

Call me when they wake up.
>>
>>44254966
And now I know you are trolling.
>>
>>44254849
>Tau are not insignificant

>Their Empire is so small it's literally a dot on a map when viewed on the galactic plane.

Lol ok bruh, whatever you say. Just stay still and let the happy juice do its work.
>>
>>44249868
Kek
>>
>>44254329

>You are now aware that in ww2, the US military alone was over 12.3 million soldiers.

You'd think that for a "massive crusade", the Imperium of man could at least muster up as many troops as a single large country from a single planet of ~2 billion people.
>>
>>44249541
Nothing shows freedom like red, white, and blueberry.
>>
>>44254975
I'm joking, if you can't tell. But seriously, calling the Tau major players is nothing short of ludicrous, seeing as how they have a minuscule empire and get absolutely fucked by anything Chaos.
>>
>>44255006

>GW
>Scale
>British people in general
>Scale
>>
>>44254049
The Titan Legion never showed up and the Tau won the tank battle in Mont'ka (very reasonably) because they were causing intense storms that Imperial sensors couldn't penetrate and Tau sensors didn't much problems with.

What's more ridiculous is that House Terryn was said to take casualties that had been unseen since the Horus Hersey but they've been getting their asses kicked for FOUR campaigns now, so how the fuck is there still a House Terryn? Not to mention how the fuck is there still a White Scars Third company after four campaigns
>>
>>44254964
>>The Imperium has fucking millions.

One million. Give or take.

Anways, The Tau have their own fortified corner in the galaxy and if they survive long enough they will, and I quote the DW fthat came with the older Warzone Damocles book, "Will blaze across the galaxy".

Quoting Alfaabusa's Emperor "NOOOOO. THRONE EMPEROR HEAR ME. YOU GOT TO KILL THE TAU BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE"
>>
>>44254957
Nicassar stay in their ships though
>>
>>44255006
Millions? The Tau were losing billions of troops and it's stated that the Imperium had them beat in the numbers.

How can you say just millions of IG in that warzone were just millions? You have no logic.
>>
>>44255048
>how the fuck is
the people writing the campaign fluff don't give a fuck about telling a consistent narrative, much like the artists have long since stopped giving a fuck with their commissions
>>
>>44255107
>You have no logic.

Look man, I just got here, and I can tell that this is a pointless argument because GW has never operated under any form of logic, even the most basic "It's cool" logic escapes them.
>>
>>44254849
If their Emperor was big enough to cover, say, the Eastern part of the Galaxy that's beyond the astronomican (since the Earth is slightly to the galactic West), I'd say yes. But as they are, fuck no. They can't affect anything beyond their little sphere. They can't even reach most of the galaxy without a warp storm popping up.
>>
File: The little drone that could.png (3 MB, 1922x1044) Image search: [Google]
The little drone that could.png
3 MB, 1922x1044
>>44255048
>The Titan Legion never showed up and the Tau

You sure?
>>
>>44255048
Also GW tends to exaggerate numbers (e.g. campaigns against the Tau with trillions of casualties) so take the "one of the largest tank battles" with a grain of salt.
And the other SM chapters were mentioned once.
>>
>>44254941
Hey man we both know Necrons only count because they've gone so far into science that they are cheating at physics and engineering.
>>
>>44255066
>One million. Give or take.
Source? Because Lexicanum gives it as "at least a million worlds" which is a bit more than give or take.
>>
>>44255066
> they reach the eye of terror
> get locked into a bloody war with the forces of chaos
> dark eldar start raiding them
> more orks appear
> nids be nids
> crons be crons
> constant war
> technology and culture stagnate
> tau empire becomes a beauracratic hellhole
History repeats
>>
>>44255145
Seeing as how they were never mentioned as being on the planet, yes.
I'm pretty sure there was a section that said the Titan Legions were withheld/withdrawn/not getting their shiny metal asses in gear but I'm looking for it.
>>
>>44255184
Tau aint got nothing on DE, the standing military on most of their planets is trash

The one time DE did a major raid it involved taking the population of an entire planet before they could react thanks to no ftl
>>
>>44255145
In the Kauyon book, the Titans never land, I don't get that picture.

The whole book was a clusterfuck of problems and it was like "hey we should write this!" and then forget about it.

Did the AdMech get the Stormsurge? What happened to the other forces supposed to be coming?
>>
>>44255179
"Fire Warrior" intro,

"An empire of a million worlds".
>>
>>44249541
is he with Farsight or etheral ?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (73 KB, 689x260) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
73 KB, 689x260
>>44255200
>>44255145
here we are

Compared to the original Damocles Crusade the force to take back Agrellan was tiny
>>
>>44255263
>In the Kauyon book, the Titans never land, I don't get that picture.

Do you mean Mont'ka? Because that picture is from Mont'ka, and Kauyon had no Admech or titans. Kauyon's narrative focused on the Tau vs the marines.
>>
>>44255263

>Did the AdMech get the Stormsurge?

Oh Jesus, were the ad-mech trying to steal a stormsurge so that there would be story precedence when GW rolls out the next big stupid overpowered walker for space marines?
>>
>>44255267
>using a game where a Fire Warrior kills a Daemon Prince as a fluff source

Uh......
>>
>>44255288
There were according to the intro, hundreds of ships.

What were they doing?
>>
>>44255316

There was a book.

It was just as bad.

And it wasn't a Daemon Prince, it was a Lord of Change.
>>
>>44255332
not blowing up all the defenders on the surface, for whatever reason
>>
File: I don't feel it.jpg (74 KB, 874x1024) Image search: [Google]
I don't feel it.jpg
74 KB, 874x1024
>>44255346
>it was a Lord of Change
>>
>>44255332
They cleared the defenses and fucked off to a casino or something since Shadowsun had no problems bringing assets from the moon onto the field, and nobody saw Farsight's rather sizeable fleet
>>
>>44255346
>>44255367
Actually you kill two or three daemon princes as well, if I'm remembering the game right.
>>
File: FIRE-WARRIOR.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
FIRE-WARRIOR.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44255346
>It was just as bad
It was great excuse you
>>
>>44255300
Whatever the 2nd one was. Titans never landed, ever.

>>44255310
Yes. Essentially, AdMech came down and steamrolled Tau until they got to some control complex, stole 'something' and fucked off back to their Ark (ship). The IG and SM suffered cause of it, but in a later battle, Stormsurges arrived to fight the super heavy tank companies and Knight Titans. AdMech saw this and teleported a force down which marched to flank, their goal was to down a Stormsurge and steal it.

But it never mentions if they succeeded. All it mentions is that "High Lords say IG commander has taken too long, back up folks, let's go home. Everybody gets off who is worth something. Then AdMech drop a bomb which literally sets space on fire. The world burns, killing millions of IG and Tau in one go (millions on top of the millions the Eye raping they did in the first book) so Tau have lost billions, big woop, but the worst part is the Damolces Gulf has been set on fire and Tau can't get through it"

It seemed to be setting up the Tau to be able to use FTL/Warp.
>>
>>44255407
Actually it feels more like the Tau are getting set up for the O'Shovah Heresy considering Space Pope is dead.
>>
>>44255407
>Titans never landed, ever.

Then how come we have art of a titan fighting Tau in the book.
>>
>>44255066
Not it isn't. The Imperium has billions of worlds.

>War was fading away in the Imperium of Mankind. The purposes for which the likes of the Adeptus Astartes had been engineered were dying out. They had done their job. Peace prevailed across a billion worlds. Only distant skirmishes and half-hearted wars boiled along the hem of the frontier, most of them the endless campaigns of suppression against the ubiquitous greenskins.

I am Slaughter

>The Imperium of Man is vast, and amongst billions of inhabited worlds there are countless forge worlds, factories, craftsman, artificers and blacksmiths turning out weapons and armour. As can be imagined this produces a practically limitless variety of makes, patterns and brands. It would be impossible to detail each and every different make of weapon in the Imperium (or even a small fraction of them), so the weapons, armor and equipment represented in this chapter represent the most common designs and designations. You can, of course, create the makes and patterns for your weapons as you see fit; after all, having a Gorgon-Pattern H-12 Widowmaker is far cooler than just having a stub revolver."

DARK HERESY: CORE RULEBOOK

Chapter V, page 127.

Heart of Rage also makes reference to billions of worlds.
>>
>>44255481
see >>44255118
>>
>>44255466
Well it says the gulf being on fire meant no way for people to get through from the main Empire.

So it is now a insurmountable divide without warp tech. Maybe you're right.

But Shadowsun is still on 'this' side. So is Farsight. Maybe Farsight will go "We need to unite or we will die" and they unite, then the Tau empire breaks through the gulf and realises it's a empire rivalling them and there is war?

I dunno. Either way, I don't get why SoB, Knight Titan Houses (bar Terrayn) and other Spess Muhreens didn't appear. And the Titans from Legio whatever.
>>
File: lamenters_by_lynxc-d4ka151.jpg (158 KB, 770x1036) Image search: [Google]
lamenters_by_lynxc-d4ka151.jpg
158 KB, 770x1036
>Tau
>free

>being this much of a c.uck for aliens
>>
>>44255524
That would be cool as hell, so I know that GW won't do it.
>>
>>44255368
This. I don't get what the fuck was happening.

>>44255481
Because it's wrong. They got told "draw a picture of AdMech fighting Tau" and they drew it, and added a Warhound in. The art in that book also includes much older pictures which we know aren't from that campaign. It's just pretty art, it has no real basis with the story, unfortunately.

The book outright states that the Titans are being used for something else and will only be allowed if the Lord Commander asks for them, which he refuses, as he knows it's a death sentence if he does, as it shows he's incompetent.
>>
>>44255591
>the Titans are being used for something else

Are they referencing the Admech vs Tau FW book? The titans have to go somewhere.
>>
>>44255524
Well I see it more as the Empire is very vulnerable because if someone like a Fire Caste shas'o, who is overly loyal to Farsight now that Aun'va is dead and Shadowsun is a fuckup, were to leak the Government secrets to the population it could cause the split Farsight was always afraid could happen, which is why he separated himself in the first place.

The Earth Caste just need to perfect the shield they're working on the negate the Gulf's flame.
Or just fly around the Gulf if you don't mind the trip.

Honestly if there's going to be another Tau campaign book I'd like to see Chaos to take a crack at them.
>>
>>44255511
Well, in the rulebooks they mostly stick to the million number.
>>
>>44249541
Funny how I have never seen a fully painted tau army before.
>>
>>44255626
That's what I hope.

>>44255628
I want Eldar vs Tau. But, we're waiting on Imperial Armour 14, which is supposed to be, and I keep saying will be, Tau vs AdMech. With 30k Admech stuff getting 40k rules, Tau'nar getting rules and the Ordinatus and shit.
>>
>>44255628
>Honestly if there's going to be another Tau campaign book I'd like to see Chaos to take a crack at them.

Lets see.....

Attack your greatest enemy and seal the fate of the galaxy or get distracted by a blue race with tiny souls?

What should Chaos do?

Anon, it was stupid enough for the Imperium to send that amount of forces at the Tau while the galaxy burns. Chaos/Abaddon are not that stupid.
>>
File: vindicairefails.jpg (3 MB, 4424x2048) Image search: [Google]
vindicairefails.jpg
3 MB, 4424x2048
>>44255626
It's just an inaccuracy.
Look here, Darkstrider is jumping in front of the Vindicaire like that, but the assassin shouldn't have his rifle it was destroyed.
>>
>>44255662
Ah yes, Xenos Always Win 14, I can't wait.
>>
>>44255674
>Chaos is not that stupid.
>>
>>44255674
Then have it be Ahriman doing something on a Tau world then, it's chaos it's never just in one place.
>>
>>44252286
That spot is already taken by Farsight.
>>
>>44254964
>Imperium has a million worlds, including sparsely populated worlds that do little more than grow food and airless rocks with a single research station staffed by a half dozen guys, are completely stagnant, and ruled by a corrupt and incompetent bureaucracy
>Eldar pop out a a baby once every 200 years during a baby boom
>Orks will start infighting at a moments notice
>Chaos will start infighting at a moments notice, their patrons are capricious, and most are stuck with tech outdated by 10 millennia
>Necrons are sparse, insane, and prone to infighting

Nids are the only real power in the galaxy everyone else just lives there.
>>
>>44255712
Everything is taking place in 999 41K.

Ahriman is in the Webway fighting clowns and making a dash towards the Black Library.
>>
>>44255742
Well it could be just some mook then.
>>
>>44255678
No no, he's talking about the mention in the book on how the Lord Commander can request Titans to help, but he doesn't.

The Titans are likely then to be called to fight on X planet for the IA14 book.

>>44255742
Cain novels go into 42k.
>>
>>44255678
I'm pretty sure that Vindicaire artwork is reused from a Dark Heresy sourcebook.
>>
File: The Necron Menace.png (1 MB, 1015x845) Image search: [Google]
The Necron Menace.png
1 MB, 1015x845
>>44255724
>>Necrons are sparse, insane, and prone to infighting

Necrons are as numerous as humanity. The small fraction of them that awakened has already has carved up big pieces of the galaxy (picture related)

As for infighting? They infight less than Chaos, Orks, and I dare say, less than the Imperium. The Necrons keep their infighting in the courts and political circles because they see warfare between them as a tedious and fruitless endeavor. Only the most desperate Necron dynast would wage war against his peers, and it's stated that for every battle a lord engages with his own kind, he leads hundreds of campaigns of conquest against the alien scum.

So for the life of my I want to know where the heck to the whole "Necrons are infighty" thing comes from when we have fluff disproving it?
>>
>>44252682
>>44252901
Somebody played Metal Gear Rising and went "VIBROBLADES! YES! LET'S GIVE THEM TO ADMECH DUDES!"
>>
>>44255827
>Cain novels go into 42k.

And Gotrek and Felix stories goes beyond the timeline of the End Times.

Novels don't have much input in what goes on in the setting. Especially the important stuff.
>>
File: tauvadmech3.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
tauvadmech3.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>44255827
Then IA14 will be fun.

>yfw the titan legions job horribly
>>
>>44255678
Both of those pictures are reused from other sources. Vindicare didn't lose his rifle until he had killed like 20 people including a Riptide.

>>44255690
No no, it's

>Xenos always win but some Dues Ex Machina hurts them just as bad as the Imperium was hurt (Setting off the Eye to kill millions in the first book, setting fire to the planet and space in 2nd book, IA3 had Eversor do something I think)
>>
>>44255895
So, you're saying BL stuff isn't canon or important?

Oh sh---
>>
>>44255915
>yfw the titan legions job horribly
When do they not?
>>
>>44255916
On Taros the Eversor and the IG kill team were tasked with killing the Ethereal and the Shas'O.

The Eversor succeeded in killing the Ethereeal but the commander was somewhere else.

The death of the Ethereal made the Tau go berserk and caused them to brutally boot the Imperium from the planet.
>>
>>44255942
The older ones and when it comes to the important stuff.

Seeing as BL is now working in tandem with GW in creating the lore, things like that won't happen anymore.
>>
>>44249541
He's going to die like a bitch when Cato Sicarius and ten of his friends blunt the entire Tau incursion into Imperial territory.
>>
>>44255866
Also the Silent King has returned, is waking up all the Necrons, and is going to reunite his people and kill everything.
>>
>>44256058
I am doing a little project of collecting all the 40K Endtimes lore in the rulebooks and novels.

Checking the marine but (work in progress), it appears that the Ultramarines are besieged at the moment. Cato and his ten pals are pretty busy.
>>
>>44256100
>kill everything

You mean kill the Nids.

The Silent King has stated his wish for humanity to survive that coming onslaught. He is kinda of nice guy.
>>
File: Marines (End Times).png (178 KB, 1794x1290) Image search: [Google]
Marines (End Times).png
178 KB, 1794x1290
>>44256107
Forgot my picture.
>>
>>44255974
Right.

>>44256014
Which is fair enough.

>>44256107
Salamanders aren't really explained in their "End Times", nor are Iron Hands. Space Furfags, Space Vampires and Dark Angels all have 'things' to deal with. Furfags have Cadia, Vampires have Nid fleet + Daemon invasion, Dark Angels have Cypher and Mortarion(?) trying to fuck them up.
>>
>>44255915
>that warhound charging into the breach
the rape train has two legs
>>
>>44256131
Yeah.

Just like how the Imperium doesn't want to kill any Xenos protectorates.
>>
>mfw Tau call Midlife Crisis Suits "Riptides"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.