[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meet your new BBEG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15
File: 1450361849594.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450361849594.jpg
283 KB, 1280x1024
how does your game go
>>
Playing epic level Pathfinder as a Barbarian. That thing is fucked unless it can block 1100 damage per round with a hella magic huge sized greatsword.
>>
WW1/interwar (intentional anachronistic technology) era magitech of a shitload of countries just found a target that isn't each other.
>>
Just call it a villain like a sensible person.
>>
>>44236076
It can drive angels insane with a glance
>>
>>44237250

Good thing I'm not playing an angel then.
>>
>>44237250
An insane barbarian isn't very different from a raging barbarian.
>>
>>44237319
Don't they get immunity to mind-altering effects til the rage fades?
>>
>>44236173
Since when are you in charge of sensible terms? BBEG is a convenient abbreviation, and has been for quite some time. Deal with it, get over yourself, and stop being a chode.
>>
I sail west to plea for help, but I just die at sea instead.
>>
>>44236027

The warband dies, however they succeed in gathering information with their deaths and sending said information to their Inquisitor. The Inquisitor orders the planet destroyed. And, for good measure, the Adeptus Astartes purge the entire solar system and a few planets from the neighboring ones.

Sure, the PCs died, but their mission for the Emprah was a success.
>>
>>44237399
>convenient

Yeah, Big Bad Evil Guy really is a cool thing to tote about, especially when you have to explain it to people, and then you have to explain what a Big Bad Evil Guy even is, and then you find out that other people have been using it quite differently than the definition you've committed to.

The only thing it's really convenient for is to spot losers who use stupid jargon just for the sake of using stupid jargon. The only group you're "fitting in" with is a group of idiots.
>>
>>44238982
Not the guy you're arguing with or the OP but seriously brah, why the fuck are you so salty about an acronym? About half the people I game with use BBEG in general. All of them have various words to refer to some sort of antagonist in a game, but BBEG is commonly used to refer to an endboss, evil overlord, final antagonist, and etc. I've yet to find a gamer that doesn't know what a BBEG is.

It sounds like you're the loser here. Let me guess, you're the type that flips out when someone says tomato differently than you, or when someone accidentally calls the Wizard class for a game a Mage or some shit. Stop getting your knickers in a twist and grow the fuck up. People are different from you and use different terminology than you, who gives a fuck?

Seriously, it's like you pissed in your own cheerios and decided to blame the world for the bad taste.
>>
>>44237399
Hehe, chode...

>>44238982
I dub thee Sir Chode McScrotum, Lord of the Faggots and Master of the salt mines of Butthurt.
>>
File: 1425001949363.gif (1 MB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1425001949363.gif
1 MB, 250x231
>>44238982
>>
>>44240445
>I dub thee Sir Chode McScrotum, Lord of the Faggots and Master of the salt mines of Butthurt.
This is probably the best title I've seen in a while. The salt mines was a nice touch.

I'd give you something, but I don't know what. Is there anything you would like as a prize or treat or something anon?
>>
>>44240177
>>44240445
>>44240757

Whoa, found the faggot.

"Wah, someone doesn't like my baby slang"
"He isn't taking my bwig bwad ebil guy sewiousy"

Get wrecked.
>>
>>44237250
An Elf stabbed its foot and it never recovered. By Iru, what a terrifying villain.
>>
>>44240985
Well good Sir, are you sure you should be spending so much time away from your salt mines? Shouldn't you be working hard at providing salt to the growing North American citizens currently in the midst of winter?
>>
File: 1421383343573.gif (1 MB, 328x239) Image search: [Google]
1421383343573.gif
1 MB, 328x239
>>44240985
>>
>>44238864
What kind of Daemon is Sauron? Lord of Change im thinking. Maybe can get a whole campaign about getting your newly risen rogue trader scion to banish him
>>
>>44238982
I always thought it was Big Bad End Game. Like just "the final boss" of a campaign.

Big bad evil guy sounds really lame in comparison
>>
>>44241243
That would be pretty interesting to see. If you try to set something like that up I'd definitely be interested in it. Though the game I mentioned is a live dh2e game so I'm not sure whether it would work out. Unless of course you're a part of that game already, though that's rather doubtful lol
>>
>>44241287
See that's how I read it too.
>>
I don't know who this dickass is, but unless they can turn into a magical murder robot then they might as well just hang up their giant flaming mace and become a family man. Or woman.
>>
>>44241287
>>44241311
newfags
https://www.google.com/search?q=bbeg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
>>44241345
Perhaps that was the original acronym, but I'm still of the opinion that Big Bad Evil Guy seems less dignified.
>>
File: a20151223.jpg (9 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
a20151223.jpg
9 KB, 200x113
Has underlings but not afraid to wade into the fight himself.
>>
My demonologist would try to get on good terms with him, hopefully rehabilitating him, so they can become the Man At Arms of sorcerous smithing. Sauron isn't that bad a guy, he just needs to shift his focus from undoing creation to doing his own thing and skip the "dealing with plebs" part.

My group's self-righteous wizard and whimsical witch-priestess will be mad about it, but you don't become a master demonologist because you care about the opinions of small minds.
>>
>>44240985
I think your people need you back in the mines...
>>
>>44236027
My players go to meet the leaders of the free races of middle earth and convince them to form one last great alliance to hold back the tide of darkness. They travel to north Lindon, and seek out Cirdan, Lord of the Grey Havens, and requisition his mightiest ship. Then with the phial of Galadriel to light our their though the twisting mists, and the help of their Istari friend to draw the charts, they sail to the furthest western shore, all the while beseeching Ulmo for safe passage. When they arrive they find Manwe and the other Valar un-compassionate to their plight. The time they came to middle earth Beleriand saw only destruction, and since the fall of Neumenor, it has been Illuvitars decree, that no more will the Valar take a personal hand in middle earth. The players plede to the Valar, "what father would allow his eldest son, to bring death and ruin upon his childrens children. How can you be such a stone cold dick Manwe?" Of the Valar, only Tulkas is moved by their words. He proclaims "I will help them, and the rest of ye be damned as Melkor!" The Valar deliberate, and then proclaim that they shall bless the players, to fight in their stead as avatars. From the halls of awaiting also come Fingolfin, and gifts them his sword, a powerful symbol against the dark lord. The party is sent back riding Thorondor, and with their powerful boon confront and defeat the dark lord, sending him back to his prison within the void. The faithless races of middle earth flee in defeat, and a great golden age begins. Mithril medals for everyone. They are taken to rest by the most well endowed elven sluts, with over one thousand years of anal training. /Fade to black/
>>
File: the nine.jpg (1 MB, 1846x996) Image search: [Google]
the nine.jpg
1 MB, 1846x996
Call me crazy all you fucking want, but I want to see what would happen if this group had a chance.

If you recognize everyone you are my new favorite anon.
>>
>>44243201
PS: Yes, Isildur's heir has to be in the group, because he just has to be.
>>
>>44236027
We run.
And run.
And run.

I'm a fucking alcoholic gabber, but by the favor of Ranald, how the hell am I supposed to even survive that thing, let alone fight it?
>>
>unknown armies

Let's see if we can get the bibliomancer a major charge to trap it in a book or something.

If that doesn't work, I guess we hope conventional arms can eventually kill it, though I don't think anything short of high explosives and nukes is gonna do more than phase it slightly.
>>
>>44241357
Big bad anything doesn't sound dignified.
>>
that bbeg is fucked. my players killed the bastard in watchers keep. then went to hell and destroyed him. why? full exp.
>>
I think even Sauron would shit his pants.

My party is fucked, end of story.
>>
>>44237288
>Good thing I'm not playing an angel then.

Nine-Fingers as fuck.
>>
>>44236173
But sauron is not a guy from a village.
Stop using words wrong.
>>
>>44236173
But he wears a helmet.
>>
>>44244295
Was referring to >>44237250
>>
>>44237386
A bonus but being insane isn't to far of a jump, hes powered by pure rage and possibly those goblins sent after him earlier.
>>
>>44244321
Powered by pure rage? Going up against Morgoth? It didn't go so well last time.
>>
>>44236027
So many plebs in this thread thinking that is Sauron instead of Morgoth.
>>
File: 1419062436847.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1419062436847.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
>they think Morgoth is Sauron

Whyyyy?
>>
>>44241314
Its melkor, god of evil. everything evil is roughly derived from him, except for spiders, and he is second only to his father Eru, who is God. He builds fortresses out of mountains, breeds monsters and a dragon the size of a country, commands the entire species of orc kind, and can lay extremely godly potent curses and prophecies on his foes.
An example would be when he made the son of the second greatest hero of men subject to the shadow of his malice, so every decision he made was wrong, a he killed his best friend, and a dragon tricked him into fucking his sister, and there was no way out of it.

He also has the greatest treasures in history on his crown, which also function as a nigh infinite magical wellspring. and Sauron is his bitch
>>
>>44241243
No, definitely a Khornate daemon. Heavily identified with industry and forges, and a shit ton of rage. Tolkien said that Morgoth never really had any sort of long term goal beyond "burn Arda to ashes" and if he was ever forced to contemplate "and then what" he would probably just go stomp on the ashes for good measure. Definitely Khornate.
>>
>>44236027
He's already our BBEG tho
>>
>>44246282
And then if he was still wondering what to do, he'd just piss on the ashes "Melkor was here."
>>
File: THE TULK.jpg (146 KB, 570x807) Image search: [Google]
THE TULK.jpg
146 KB, 570x807
>>44242300
ARE YOU READY FOR TULK-MANIA!?
ERUSDAY!
ERUSDAY!
ERUSDAY!
WATHCH THE GOLDEN GRAPPLER FIGHT THE LORD OF UTUMNO! THRILLS AS TULKAS THE MIGHTIEST CLOBERS ALL COMERS! CHILLS WHEN BAUGLIR DROPS THE HAMMER OF THE UNDERWORLD!

TULK-MANIA III!
AVAILABLE ON PLANTIR!
>>
File: the familiar got him.png (296 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
the familiar got him.png
296 KB, 500x398
>>44246282
Melkor is either khornate because he wants to obliterate everything or tzeentchian or slaaneshi because he wants to corrupt and warp everything to his image.

Sauron is either tzeentchian or imperial. He's a master manipulator and corruptor, but he's also a dedicated totalitarian who believes his dominion over all life would honestly be for the best, because he has everything figured out
>>
>>44241243
That's not fucking Sauron.
>>
>>44238982
>literally all of /tg/
>a group of idiots

Get a load of this guy.
...I mean, he's right, but if he didn't want to hang out with idiots, this is the wrong corner of the internet to be, is all I'm saying.
>>
File: Primordial Wars.jpg (95 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Primordial Wars.jpg
95 KB, 750x600
>>44236027
I dont think he would survive very long.
>>
>>44247443
>uses literally wrong

Just because you're stupid doesn't mean everyone else is. And really, it's only the worst posters who use BBEG, the kind of guys who instead of just shouting STAT ME say "This is your BBEG.:
>>
>>44237288
Haha. You clever. I like.
>>44240992
I like that you know what you're talking about, but I fuck you for your sass.
>>44242300
>with over one thousand years of anal training
You were doing so well, anon.
>>44243201
All I recognize are Aragorn and a ferret, but that should be enough.

PS, the dude's Morgoth, Sauron's master. He was a bad dude until God tore his arms and legs off and threw him into space. That said, there's a prophecy that he'll return to end the world.
>>
File: 1565498150.jpg (48 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
1565498150.jpg
48 KB, 500x427
>>44236027
We can beat him, because our GM is a good one and won't let us face encounters that will spell our certain doom.

Because in the world of silver age superheroes, the heroes are going to save the day in the end, no matter how dire the situation.
>>
>>44236027
It goes like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aB6CPyO0Ww
>>
>>44246712
Where can I buy tickets?
>>
>>44250377
If you want to know who they all are and what they're from I got you senpai.

Also, that's not a ferret. Look closer, it has horns.
>>
>>44236173
Does that look like a fucking farmer to you?
>>
>>44250738
TICKETS AVAILIBLE IN VALIMAR, TIRION, AND THE GREY HAVENS!

BE THERE!
>>
>>44241213
What's this from?
>>
>>44236173
Every orc, werewolf, dragon, orc, human, troll, balrog, Maiar etc. under Morgoth's command is a villain. Morgoth is the BBEG.
>>
It basically took the all the collective Gods of LOTR to beat Melkor, and even then they still weren't able to kill him.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAA!
OH MAN WE ARE NOT EVEN LIKE, HALF QUALIFIED FOR THIS SHIT! WE ARE BAAAARELY COMPETENT ENOUGH TO HANDLE BANDITS.

But seriously, everyone loves to use these threads as a "muh party is soooo badass" thread, but my group is around lvl5, (3.X) and noone is minmaxed, basically all suboptimal builds more for roleplay than roll play. Faced with THAT motherfucker? Nobody is surviving that.
>>
>>44255555
well don't worry, he's in the north under a mountain range, but there are a whole lot of orcs on the way to your current location.
>>
>>44238982
Who the fuck needs you to explain what you mean by "big bad evil guy"? Which of those words is too complex for them and why the hell are you playing with them?
>>
>>44246712
milk-out-of-nose.jpg
>>
File: kidbyrincewind.jpg (256 KB, 522x800) Image search: [Google]
kidbyrincewind.jpg
256 KB, 522x800
>>44255980
Well super. I REALLY don't know what we did to deserve this. It's not as if we are the a lister heroes, we don't even merit that level of spice!
The party:
-Autistic cleric (maximum autism)
-Dwarf cleric (womanizer, drunk)
-Rogue (arsonist, nonconfrontational)
-Ranger (well-meaning gnoll, super low int.)
-Barb (wildly unpredictable, likes rape bears to show his dominance. High int, go figure.
-Me, the salaryman guild mage (seriously guys, this wasn't in my contract, I just need field work to work on my studies...)

Last session we were almost slaughtered by kobolds. In our defense there were a whole lot of them.
>>
>>44256258
>The party:

Surely there's more to the story than that. Let's hear it.
>>
>>44251821
>TICKETS AVAILIBLE IN VALIMAR, TIRION, AND THE GREY HAVENS!

>BE THERE!
Trust me, I have no intention of missing out on this.
>>
>>44252405
An entirely balanced argentine depiction of the Falklands war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g
>>
>>44257079
Maybe sometime this weekend. But I have never writefagged before, and I am currently riding the subway home after a 20hr shift. I have roughly 30 minutes left in me before I black the fuck out, home or not.

Some of our adventures, to tantalize or possibly repulse:
-Barbarian and "Bear Logic"
-The wizard ventures forth, beset by STUDENT LOANS
-Autistic Cleric joins the party under duress
-The Gnoll and the Blackmailer
-Why the Dwarf hates mirrors
-Rogue burns down the shop
-Rogue burns down the blacksmith's wife
-Rogue sets fire to pirates, gets crushed by cookie
And most recently, "Fookin Kubbulds"
>>
Not too well actually.

Well, for the rest of my party. My PC is a Chaotic Neutral Lich who just ascended to godhood, so he'd either fuck off, side with the bad guy, or drag his cardboard box over and shout at everyone to quiet down while he's sleeping. Most likely the last one.

My PC was a hobo before his ascent to godhood I should mention.
>>
File: Underratedpost.gif (341 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
Underratedpost.gif
341 KB, 375x266
>>44256064
underated
>>
>>44256064
>>44258660
I think he means that that if you just utter those four words, it doesn't really mean anything significant unless someone has explained that they're supposed to be used to designate the main villain.

Big bad evil guy doesn't really convey anything except that he is large, evil, and male, which don't necessarily mean anything about their place in the story.
>>
>>44258772
I have used BBEG to refer to people that weren't the penultimate antagonist before, but usually only in the case when the real BBEG is hidden or currently unknown. Typically it's at least the BBEG for an entire arc.
>>
>>44236027
>high school bully and his little sister
>wannabe drug dealer
>star baseball player/musical enthusiast
Morgoth ain't shit but tricks and hoes
>>
>>44259364
>inb4 the bully is just a pansy and the little sister is the reason he acts like a bully to begin with, whether it's on her commands or to protect her
>>
File: willitblend.jpg (2 MB, 4908x3499) Image search: [Google]
willitblend.jpg
2 MB, 4908x3499
>>44236027
>character is pic related

As long as he either blends or wants to buy my blender I'm fine.

If he wants to fight I suppose I could try clubbing him with it or tricking him into sticking his hand down inside it with some coins or something. What's that mace made out of? I'll bet it blends.
>>
>>44259775
Morgoth would buy hundreds of the fucking things and see it elves can blend
>>
>>44259775
If you need him to stick his hand inside just but a little flashlight inside there and say it's a silmaril.
>>
>>44259794
Well then it looks like I'm defecting unless the elves can raise enough money to support the blender industry.
>>44257283
That's sad, that's like poo in the loo level sad.
>>
>>44259328
>penultimate

You use that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>44259867
second to last? unless you're referring to a different meaning.

Oh, wait, that's right most people use their BBEG for their absolute last. I plan for the absolute last antagonist to be either the protagonists themselves (or at least a traitor in their midst) or some sort of morality challenge. I don't think endgame should be "just kill the bigger badder thing in a long series of big and bad things" especially for games with a tendency to have overpowered heroes by the end of a campaign. I go for something the players have to roleplay through, it makes the endgame more rewarding when even after all their stats and bonuses and goodies that made things easier are worthless and they're left with only their own roleplaying to finish it off.
>>
File: 1378577295895.png (413 KB, 464x700) Image search: [Google]
1378577295895.png
413 KB, 464x700
>>44259818
holy shit my sides
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.