[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: whq01-box.png (338 KB, 392x450) Image search: [Google]
whq01-box.png
338 KB, 392x450
So, this came out a couple of weeks ago. Just got my copy today. Anybody else have one? What do you guys think?

After one quick run, I like it so far. Definetely better and with more depth than SH:AoD.

Only disappointing thing is that there are only 4 heroes - bright wiz, WP, iron breaker, and elf. It's just begging for some expansions with new heroes - witch hunter, troll slayer, etc. Guess it will have to wait a bit though.
>>
>>44228028
i got a copy. i'm liking it but the rules are missing a few corner cases. On BGG there is an unofficial faq that deals with things like "what happens when we are on the last point of the peril tracker when it is the peril phase?" and "do we reshuffle the dungeon/gear piles when they run out? how about the monster deck?"
>>
File: chaos cultists.jpg (116 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
chaos cultists.jpg
116 KB, 873x627
>>44228028
post some pics of the content OP.
>>
>>44228028
Are their Miniatures?
>>
>>44229345
no. the game is card based and there is no board. there are card board counters for things like wounds and tracking successes.
>>
>>44229328
here's a vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22nm0urlLdo

I take no credit for this video.

As >>44229358 said - the game is entirely card-based, completely unlike the original, which was a lot more "space hulky".
>>
>>44228028
>Only disappointing thing is that there are only 4 heroes - bright wiz, WP, iron breaker, and elf. It's just begging for some expansions with new heroes - witch hunter, troll slayer, etc. Guess it will have to wait a bit though.
It's FFG - we all know they're gonna milk it with expansion characters.
>>
>>44228700
>"what happens when we are on the last point of the peril tracker when it is the peril phase?"
I think this was in one of the previews. IIRC, the last space of the peril track just happens again.
>>
>>44228028
>Warhammer Quest

OH BOY OH BOY

>>44229358
>the game is card based

>>44229606
>the game is entirely card-based

FUCK OFF FFG STOP FUCKING ME WITH YOUR CARD BULLSHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>44230595

that's not unlike GW, to be honest.
>>
Well Holy Shit, set the wayback machine for a hell of a long time ago.

How does gameplay differ from classic Warhammer Quest?
>>
File: IMG_00137.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00137.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
I bough that one recently, second hand. Haven't played it yet. It's probably older version, the box looks different and all, but it was pretty cheap.
>>
>>44234224

completely. The new WHQ is an adventure CARD game. It's been said at least 3 times in this thread already.
>>
>>44229328
nice models. Could be easily re-used for whatever post-apoc game
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.