[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /tg/ because I don't know how to handle grillz.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: red-sonja-3.jpg (498 KB, 1600x1663) Image search: [Google]
red-sonja-3.jpg
498 KB, 1600x1663
I need help /tg/ because I don't know how to handle grillz.

No seriously: I'm currently DMing a game right now with 3 players and we've actively been trying to get a 4th. It's a very grimey, Conan-the-Barbarian sort of campaign world where all the players are variations of barbarian (in terms of background and how they act, not their actual character class). So as you can imagine, there's a lot of female objectification going on, and a frequent thing the players do is hire the services of whores on a regular basis (I fade-to-black the sex scenes, this isn't the magical realm of FATAL).

Well, we finally found another player: A girl. I told her what the campaign is like, and she sounds enthusiastic about it and wants to play a Red Sonja inspired character. But I didn't bring up the attitude towards women the rest of the player characters have.

Halp /tg/, the next game is coming up this Saturday and I don't know if I should change how I present the game world to be more female friendly, and ask the rest of the players to tone down the sexism. On the other hand, I don't know if I should just go with it and maybe the new player will be fine with it. I'm afraid to just ask her straight out what she would think of it because if it pisses her off, well then I just lost a player before the first session even started.
>>
>>44223698
Ask the girl if she is okay with your campaign's attitude. If she says yes, then just do it.
>>
>>44223698
Would you rather lose the player before the first session and avoid a whole lot of drama or have the player around for a single session and maybe fracture the group permanently? Ask her straight out faggot, treat her like a reasonable human being and assume she's made of meat not polystyrene.
>>
>>44223709
This, just ask her. If you don't and she dislikes it, she will think of you all as sexist pigs or something similar. If however you talk to her before the game, even if she dislikes it, you both can handle it in a normal manner. Same way as if someone would decline a anime-ish game or perhaps a grimdark one.
>>
>>44223698
Someone who wants to join a sword and sorcery game about conan-like barbarians and warior women a la red sonja probably expects that stuff happening from time to time.
Still tell her before the session starts, though.
>>
>>44223698
Asking her is the obvious course of action, as everyone else has said. Comedy option: encourage her to do the same behaviours, redirected towards servile men. Give her a regiment of loyal manwhores or something.

Of course, the questions begs asking as to why the sexual/wenching aspects of the game are strong enough to merit concern on your part; they shouldn't even be necessary, unless your players really get a kick out of the escapist power fantasy aspects of it.
>>
>>44223698
Warn her. It's the reasonable thing to do, OP.
>>
>>44223698
>I told her what the campaign is like, and she sounds enthusiastic about it and wants to play a Red Sonja inspired character. But I didn't bring up the attitude towards women the rest of the player characters have.
Uh, so did you or did you not tell her it was a Conan world where you play barbarians who defeat their enemies and bed their women?

Unless you deliberately deceived her about the premise of your game and how you e been playing it, you have nothing to worry about. I get the feeling you did, probably because your pockets are full of spaghetti and you're either bony thin or whale-tier fat, and you don't know how to talk to girls. Bring her in and play the game exactly as you have been doing. If she doesn't like it she'll leave. If she does like it - and she should, since you should have adequately explained the game to her already - then you've got a 4th player and that's that.

What you should definitely NOT do is police your tone. Play the game you want to play. If that's not good enough for someone else, they can leave. Don't sound like such a whiny shriveling baby who can't communicate with females. Don't judge the girl entirely by her gender.
>>
NEVER force a group to change for one new player. You don't owe them shit.

You tell them how it is, and if they aren't into it, you don't force the players you do have to adjust their behavior to accommodate someone who doesn't fit in.

We all know you will, in fact, cow-tow to the female player and force your current players to change their behavior because you want to impress her and get her to like you, and your whole group will hate you for it because you're a massive faggot.
>>
I suggest any interactions that involve brothels etc are dealt with as your current fade-to-black

In terms of talk to your players, I'm sure they'll be accommodating and establish that they don't go overboard
Definitely talk to her about this before she joins
A player who you suspect might be sensitive to aspects of your world should not be slapped in the face with them if you intend to keep that player around
>>
Don't change anything, if you feel nice you can warn her beforehand and encourage her to take part during the play.

Your players will probably tone a bit down with a girl at the table anyway.
>>
File: 1310483412100.png (144 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.png
144 KB, 413x395
>>44223794
>>
>>44223698
>Red Sonja inspired character.
>Worried about the setting being hard on women.
You know that Red Sonja's origin story is basically that a bunch of mercenaries killed her family, burned her house and raped the shit out of her when she was 17 right? The whole reason she's a badass is that a goddess granted her wish to become strong, on the condition that she never fuck a dude who couldn't defeat her in combat. She's not even an example of how capable women are in the setting, because her fighting skills are acknowledged to be unnatural and divine in origin. (Some later versions of the character changed that though, but that's how it was in the Savage Sword run, and everyone knows that's the only one that's not shit)
That said, just straight up ask her, Jesus.
As a DM my experience is that a lot of girls actually LIKE fantasy-misogyny because being saved by the guys or doing the whole "proving I can make it in a man's world" type character appeals to them. Just fade to black, don't be a retard and you'll be fine.
>>
>>44223698
She gets to buy man-whores and do sexual/rape-y stuff to the BBEG's too, if she wants, right? So long as the barbarian stuff goes for both genders- and she's cool with that- it's probably fine.
>>
>>44223698

Look broheim if she knows who Red Sonja is then she probably understands the flavor of the game. As long as it's not horribly mysoginistic, and as long as the other players don't act like a bunch of assclowns or get all scared about having a girl around them, it's gonna be okay. (Just make sure everyone showers before the game.)

Honestly it sounds like your group isn't doing anything terribly objectionable. I mean whoring, whatever. GoT has stuff that's so, so very much worse and people of both genders love that shit. And objectification, well. It's a thing that happens and actually being around a strong woman would reasonably clear that up somewhat IC. (And having a female at the table will make them think twice, just like having a big jovial black man sitting next to you will make you think twice about dropping the N-bomb.)
>>
>>44223698
MINUS
FOUR
STRENGTH
also wtf are you doing, girls ruin campaigns. its in their genes!!
>>
>>44224138
>Just make sure everyone showers together before the game.
Way better yet
>>
>>44223783
>What you should definitely NOT do is police your tone. Play the game you want to play. If that's not good enough for someone else, they can leave.

This
>>
>>44223848
You laugh but he's completely right.
>>
>>44224138
>And having a female at the table will make them think twice,
ayy
lmao
>>
>>44223698
>I am a pussy-whipped whiteknight who will bend over backwards for a girl I don't even know

cancer. leave.
>>
>>44224173
He's laughing because he knows they're right.
>>
>>44223731
>>44223709
These. You're -presumably- all adults there. Talk it out. If she's not okay with it, you can look for another player and put her on the waiting list for your next campaign.
>>
>>44224190
>>44224204
>women
>capable of adult thought

LOL of laughtings
>>
File: neanderthal man.jpg (317 KB, 655x500) Image search: [Google]
neanderthal man.jpg
317 KB, 655x500
>>44224218
Your personal hang-ups are irrelevant to this discussion; It always helps to treat people like adults and assume the best. Immediately discounting someone makes for a sour life and sour relations with one's fellow man.
>>
>>44224255
>it always helps to play make-believe and ignore facts
>>
>>44224261
Let me rephrase. When you treat people a certain way it's better for your own peace of mind and in fact carries the likelihood of them acting in the way you expect them to act. There is no harm in being mature about something like this, worst case she throws a fit and walks, but what's the harm in trying?
>>
File: 1434895431632.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1434895431632.png
454 KB, 414x499
>>44224255
>>44224301
You're right man. OP, treat people like they have brains, so you can find out if they really do or not before letting them ruin your campaign's tight-knit group.
>>
File: cult robes hugo boss style.jpg (325 KB, 600x1028) Image search: [Google]
cult robes hugo boss style.jpg
325 KB, 600x1028
>>44224326
>treat people like they have brains, so you can find out if they really do or not
Said it more poignantly than I could've.
>before letting them ruin your campaign's tight-knit group.
Exactly. Old players should at all times take precedence. It's simple courtesy and common sense.
>>
>>44224348
What can I say? I got a way with words.

What system is your campaign in, if I might ask?
>>
>>44224357
>What can I say? I got a way with words.
It probably helps with GMing. I need to git gudder in this area.
>What system is your campaign in, if I might ask?
I'd like to know too, if only because I feel like collecting good Sword&Sorcery systems is never wrong.
>>
File: 1398634578415.png (19 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1398634578415.png
19 KB, 100x100
>>44224373
It does. My players are very pleased with my current campaign. We have a sort of dull pre-made module. But when I spice it up they are able to enjoy it. So I must be doing something right. How you gonna' git gudder?

I've been pretty cozy with D&D 5e, but I don't want to stagnate in the amount of systems I'm familiar with. What do you prefer, system-wise?
>>
>Putting a female in a previously all-male group
dont do this
>>
File: b29_Wizard4.jpg (44 KB, 512x469) Image search: [Google]
b29_Wizard4.jpg
44 KB, 512x469
>>44223698
Just be a normal person. I know you're on /tg/ so that's asking a lot, but just be upfront about things without being a total cock. Ignore people going "uhgh i hate women they're so mean to my minis".

Why does this thread always pop up? Is talking to chicks really that hard?
>>
>>44224402
>But when I spice it up they are able to enjoy it. So I must be doing something right.
Spicing up pre-mades is the only right way to run them. Well, in d20 systems at least.
> How you gonna' git gudder?
Read more (it feels like the past 2 years of basically not reading shit I didn't need to has made my verbal and mental skills rock hit rock bottom) and run as many campaigns as I can without burning out.
>What do you prefer, system-wise?
Rules-medium shit like Storytelling System and crunchier shit like L5R and Legends of the Wulin. Probably going to branch out to learn how FATE and Powered by the Apocalypse games work. Might learn GURPS, it might help me actually DO something with my notes.
>>44224486
>Is talking to chicks really that hard?
I think it's more that people keep pretending that it is. Thought makes reality.
>>
>>44223698
Why the fuck would you ever change your game for ANY new player? Hiring whores isn't even sexist.
And women are just as capable of detaching themselves and engaging in 'objectification' as men for fictional RPGs, you spineless little chode.

Jesus christ. You better come back and post what you did so we can all laugh at you.
>>
>>44224544
>you spineless little chode.
I was under the impression this was the norm for chodes.
>>
>>44224563
It just rolls off the tongue.
>>
>>44224486
>to my minis".
>minis
...people play RPGs with minis? Outside of Strike! and 4E I mean.
>>
>>44224522
>Spicing up pre-mades is the only right way to run them. Well, in d20 systems at least.
That's very true. I'm in another campaign running the same module as me, but I'm a player. It is nothing near as interesting or amusing.
>Read more...
Yeah I haven't been doing much reading lately. But if you get inspired by good books or stories. If you are into medieval fantasy and such, you should take a look at S.M. Sterling's "Dies The Fire" series. Very entertaining books, great reads, inspired me to get my campaign started and I still feel like I need to run more sessions or something to expel all the creative juices.
>...Storytelling System and crunchier shit like L5R and Legends of the Wulin...
Shows how much I know. I've exclusively followed previous editions of D&D, and dabbled in Savage Worlds a couple times. I'm not big on GURPS, it has way too much stuff in it to keep my interest. I need some leeway when it comes to the depth of rules.

>>44224486
> Is talking to chicks really that hard?
It can be. But it depends on the chick, and depends on the fa/tg/uy who is doing the talking.
Not being a social shut-in helps though, for sure.
>>
>>44224566
>It just rolls off the tongue.
I'll take your word for it. Sorry, had to.
>>
File: -4 Strength.gif (643 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
-4 Strength.gif
643 KB, 426x240
Most of the chicks I've played with/run games with over the years have been some kind of degenerates that could make a sailor blush.
Fellas have worse farts though
>>
>>44223794
What this guy says should happen, and what he has spoilerd will happen. You sound like a weakling OP - "ewww, it's sexist!"
Seriously, you're a fucking faggot. Why are you even running such a manly game with such manly players?
>>
File: Kar.jpg (110 KB, 474x492) Image search: [Google]
Kar.jpg
110 KB, 474x492
>>44224606
>degenerates

Are you aware of what board you're on, son?
>>
>>44224572
Sure, lots of people do. It helps simplify grid-based combat, allows for more creative tactics on the part of the PCs and NPCs, allows for traps on the gameboard, all sorts of fun things.
>>
>>44224606
This.

Last chick I played with in a campaign told me she had PTSD.

... She's younger than I am, and legitimately a dwarf IRL.

Very strange experience.
>>
>>44223890
exactly this.
>>
File: man-screaming.jpg (116 KB, 401x299) Image search: [Google]
man-screaming.jpg
116 KB, 401x299
>>44224627
Yep... but seriously, some of the most shocking crap I've ever heard has come out of the mouths of otherwise sweet young ladies.
Its even more terrifying when you get two or three of them and they just bounce off each other's shenanigans turning the whole adventure into a cyclone of madness.
>>
>>44224654
Which is why you should never have a girl in your group. People think it's fine if you have one, but then she'll wheedle into becoming gamemaster for a game and then after that it's all downhill - she'll invite other girls, force your group to attend women's gaming events, put up flyers on University campuses where the more sinister and malicious form of female exists.
>>
>>44224654
No less terrifying than when neckbeards with dicks do it, son.

Which happens a LOT more often. I was once in a Rogue Trader game where the RT was literally having his main goal being find an Eldar sex slave for the other PCs to use - all dudes.

I was an Ork and thus didn't get involved with this unorky faggotry.
>>
>>44224578
>That's very true. I'm in another campaign running the same module as me, but I'm a player. It is nothing near as interesting or amusing.
Wohoho. The questionable pleasures of being the I COULD DO THIS BETTER person.
>f you are into medieval fantasy and such, you should take a look at S.M. Sterling's "Dies The Fire" series. Very entertaining books, great reads, inspired me to get my campaign started and I still feel like I need to run more sessions or something to expel all the creative juices.
Oh nice, thanks. In return I give you Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin. Excellent for planning games set in places that aren't quite medieval nor modern yet as this period seems to have repeated itself a lot throughout history be it Greece, Babylon or South America. After things settle people become adventurous, leading to either a culture boom followed by the other boot dropping or gradual return to more conservative values via reactionary movements gaining a foothold.
>Shows how much I know. I've exclusively followed previous editions of D&D, and dabbled in Savage Worlds a couple times.
Oh, definitely recommend L5R and Wulin then, if for nothing other than the alternate combat systems and narration approach they've got coded or at least encourage.
> I'm not big on GURPS, it has way too much stuff in it to keep my interest. I need some leeway when it comes to the depth of rules.
GURPs is very much a block of marble. Remove remove remove until it makes sense to you.
>>
File: BAITODAZE.jpg (100 KB, 625x560) Image search: [Google]
BAITODAZE.jpg
100 KB, 625x560
>>44224670
>>
>>44224670
Female GMs are far, FAR better than female players.
>>
>>44224686
>Implying he's wrong
As soon as a chick comes in, you start policing your thoughts and words as to not offend her. And she'll put the handbrakes on anything that's "too out of control"- enjoy your SJW sessions
>>
>>44224686
Great argument. Just post "it's bait" and be done with it - don't engage with what I actually said or refute it at all.
It's true, you know it's true, but you refuse to acknowledge it's true because one day you hope your attitude will pay off and get your dick wet.
>>
>>44224696
Not if you're not a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>44224670
Nah no chance :)
I have my own crazy wife to protect me now from feminist lunacy, (she doesn't play RPG's either) and an extraction is only a phone call away. About the only worse thing I've had to deal with was my first command being approximately 45% women pretending to be soldiers, but that's another story about my initial descent into madness and at least I was armed.

When I was at uni, had 2 women flatmates that used to join in on the rpgs and there's nothing quite like otherwise nice young ladies shrieking about chopping off NPC's 'non vital external organs' and "TELL US WHERETHE @$E$* ARE OR THE NUTS ARE COMING OFF!"
The GM now looking like he'd been physically bludgeoned and her cackling cohort egging her on...

Whew.
>>
>>44224702
So where did she not touch you, because she clearly didn't touch your dick
>>
>>44224684
>Questionable pleasures
They are definitely that. I feel guilty sometimes. But then I remember all the nice things my players tell me and I get all warm and fuzzy and feel superior.

>I recommend...
Ooh, bookmarked. I'll probably put it on my holiday gift list for some considerate family member to get me. Sounds like a good brain teaser for worldbuilding and the like.

>L5R & Wulin
I'll take a look at them, the combat can get stale in D&D, and I'm constantly looking for ways to make it more interesting or fun. So even if I don't end up running L5R or Wulin at some point, I'm sure I'll cannibalize their ideas for some homebrew shenanigans.

>GURPS is a block of marble
That makes more sense than it should. That's the only way I can see using the ruleset.
>>
>>44224745
Nice projection bro. Sorry nobody is falling head over heels for your sappy beta attitude
>>
>>44224731
haha le epic story reddit xDDDDDDDDDDDD

>>44224745
Once again, you refuse to even acknowledge what I said. I'll spell it out clearer - once you let a woman into your group, the whole dynamic changes. Eventually, she'll push for things which destroy the atmosphere, and will lead to you becoming a castrated zombie blindly following her and her friends wishes.
>>
>>44224731
This is the most Reddit-baiting post I've seen all day
>>
>>44224696
>you start policing your thoughts and words as to not offend her.

Thats it, isn't it? Game Night is our football night, a chance for the guys to slam a few natty ices and let their hair down while slinging dice and pretending to be elves.

Some of us have to spend the whole week trying not to trigger the PMT of Her Indoors and need a bit of Bro Time.

Would you bring a girl to Superbowl and Pizza night, or on a beer and fishing trip? Fuck no, game night is man time.

D&D is our equivalent. The Bro Code applies.
>>
>>44224759
Ok.

>>44224760
Nigga you ain't gonna change your mind. I'm sorry you don't like women.
>>
>>44224760
Have you tried playing with functional adults?
>>
>>44224783
clearly you haven't met a "house husband"

im sure functional adult men just LOVE Dancing With the Stars marathons instead of quality Xbox time, and going to Yankee Candle instead of the ball game
>>
>>44223698

Be an adult. Talk to her. Tell her what the deal is, and how you handle it, and explain that its been a part of the campaign up until this point. While you're excited about her joining, you're not willing to change the entire tone of the campaign that your other three players are already enjoying.

Then just proceed. Act like an adult and treat her like one as well. If it doesn't work,well, at least you know you handled it responsibly. If she's cool with it then you've added an awesome new player who understands the difference between reality and pretend games.

If she's not cool with it then you've saved yourself the trouble of your already established players being bitter and resentful, and her feeling left out and unwanted.
>>
>>44224794
>X-Box

Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this.
>>
>>44224794
>clearly you haven't met a "house husband"
I indeed have not.

Neither have I met people like the ones described in >>44224760 Even as a teen, playing in mixed gender groups with other teens.
>>
>>44224758
>and feel superior.
Hah, obviously.
>I'll probably put it on my holiday gift list for some considerate family member to get me.
...your family members are more tolerant than mine.
> So even if I don't end up running L5R or Wulin at some point, I'm sure I'll cannibalize their ideas for some homebrew shenanigans.
If it's about that you might wanna look at Exalted 3rd edition as well. It's a mess in some respects but the way combat builds up is far more pleasing than ye olde "chip away at the health bar" approach.
> That's the only way I can see using the ruleset.
Remember, you can swap out everything. Ritual Path Magic is utterly godlike.
>>44224806
>>44224794
>>44224670
Regardless of whehter this happens or not - I'm not going to deny it does - I'd say this type of thing is every individual's responsibility to address and handle. Being a submissive house husband with no hobbies except those allowed by the spouse is in no means a fate written in stone nor does it occur at all times.
>>
>>44224827
a wedding ring puts fifty pounds on a woman and is an invitation to a life of homeware shopping, DIY, quinoa, jazzercise and reality tv

PLUS a mother in law
>>
>>44224842
I feel like you're from some fargone age.

How old are you, 40-ish?.
>>
>>44223698
Lighter fluid and a reasonably priced wood charcoal. Don't use briquettes, they leave your meat tasting like benzene.

Then it's just practice. This question may have been better suited for /ck/, though.
>>
>>44224859

I wouldn't worry about it.
There are bitter people in every age bracket.
>>
>>44224831
They're very nonchalant about most things. I think the limit is asking for anything that can be construed as a sex toy, or pornography. Anything that isn't that is fair game.

>Exalted
Funny you should mention that. I picked up some of the Exalted 3e rulebooks on the cheap a while ago and hadn't dipped into them yet due to being overwhelmed with work. Now that I have free time I may take a glance at them.

>Ritual Path Magic
Godliness? Not on my watch! What makes it so good?
>>
>>44223698
>Tell her it's a Conan the Barbarian-esque setting
>She wants to make a Red Sonja inspired character
Holy shit OP, she's perfect. I would kill for a player that understood different fantasy genres that well. I think she would fit right in
>>
>>44224876
>Godliness? Not on my watch! What makes it so good?
Think the following words, one after the other. Wizard.
Witch.
Alchemist.
Esper.

Got it? Now think of a Wizard's workshop.

Got it? RPM takes all the classic conceptions of magic, witchcraft and psionics and makes them mechanically relevant. Magic is separated into broad "Paths" that govern which aspects of magic you understand and particular effects to cast.

Say you want to shift your party away from danger.
You take Path of Crossroads (Distance/Borders/The planes) and Path of Dream (Self-Explanatory). This allows you to contact the Dreamlands. You then cast a (Greater, because you're moving a lot of people physically) effect to open a hole and step through.

The key effects are all defined by what you as a character have understood, not which spells you've memorized by rote. A Fire Wizard is defined by having mastered Fire of all kinds

An alternate example would be Bending from Avatar. You don't learn "Greater Flame", "Fireball" and "Wall of Flame", you learn the Path of Energy, then define how much fire you want, what it should be shaped like and how long it should burn.

With practice it quickly becomes an incredibly intuitive system whose primary strength lies in the freedom afforded players and GM both through its use.

Additionally it allows even non-casters (defined as people without the Magery talent) to cast spells provided they have the right tools, something I'm incredibly fond of since most every culture has had certain rituals even regular people performed without having to be designated casters.

Of course, someone casting a spell in the latter way requires far more time.

http://www.warehouse23.com/media/SJG37-1653_preview.pdf
http://www.mygurps.com/m_rpmfaq.html
>Anything that isn't that is fair game.
NICE. They seem cool as hell.
>>
>>44223698
IT's barbarian era, let your playes know a girl is joining and they'll adapt if they choose to.

Her character or her may disagree with it, but that's life ennit.
>>
>>44225287
>tfw now want to try gurps
>>
>>44223794
Ahaha this
>>
>>44223794
*And none of us will be able to blame you for it.
gosh i'm lonely
>>
File: 1409672493480.png (129 KB, 654x573) Image search: [Google]
1409672493480.png
129 KB, 654x573
>>44223698
>I told her what the campaign is like, and she sounds enthusiastic about it and wants to play a Red Sonja inspired character. But I didn't bring up the attitude towards women the rest of the player characters have.

Obviously the only solution is to completely retcon the entire fucking campaign to the point where it might as well be an entirely different campaign purely so the new female player doesn't feel triggered about the things happening in a fictional world.

What's that? "It's too much work"? "But I just want to have fun"? "It's unfair to change everything we enjoyed because of a new player"? You should've thought about that before you invited a female player, you double nigger.

Women: not even once.
>>
>>44223698
Tell her to make her character as manly as posible but stil clearly female.
Like the first gu who hits on her gts bitchslapped over the table.
That should teach your player sthat this "girl" is not to be played with.
>>
If women want to play games so bad, why don't they make their own? Like, start their own groups instead of weaseling into ours?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 514x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 514x479
>>44225766
>>
>>44225788
He's actually asking a legitimate question though. If you can't adapt to the male groups, start your own trigger-free one.
>>
>>44225788
woman detected. answer the question
>>
>>44224696
You do realise that life isn't what /pol/ and /v/ say it is right? You realise that, while SJW is a problem it is not nearly as widespread as people here claim?
You ralise that you cant 100% certainly say how someone will act based on gender? Because if you say that it makes you the same as feminists.
>>
>>44224696
>you start policing your thoughts and words as to not offend her
I do this because she is a stranger, not because she is a girl.
>>
>>44225766
>If women want to play games so bad, why don't they make their own? Like, start their own groups instead of weaseling into ours?
Same reason you buy fish instead of tracking to the nearest lake? I'm not sure why you believe to be an issue one needs to be partisan over.
>>
>>44225516
Fedora detected.
>>
>>44225856
They are from /pol/ and /v/ though. That or they're mad at women for some reason they won't explain and just call people faggots.
>>
>>44225875
BUT ANON, BEING SOCIALLY ABLE IS A FOREIGN CONCEPT. WHAT YOU CAN'T SAY YOU WANNA LYNCH ALL NON-WHITES TO YOUR BOSS WITHOUT GETTING FIRED? FUCKING BETA KEK etcetcetc.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to be normal.
>>
File: 1448684209132.jpg (171 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448684209132.jpg
171 KB, 1280x1024
>Women
>Not being a fan of burly barbarians and sexy women

The love of fat tits and wide hips extends to the fairer sex too, OP.
>>
>>44226023
L O N D O N
>>
>>44225914
for years "normal" was the sort of banter men enjoyed in in-groups

You slammed brews with your bros on game day, shot the shit with your boss on the golf course, went "fishing" with a cooler of Bud.

You could say it like it was, appreciate a fine piece of ass, crack a joke about Pedro the lazy Mexican poolboy without needing to worry.

Nowadays people have their lives ruined for that.
>>
>>44223698
ask her about it before she joins the game.
>>
File: 1j2fZLL.png (598 KB, 942x848) Image search: [Google]
1j2fZLL.png
598 KB, 942x848
>>44226135
Welcome to the changes of society.

This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. If you look at history, you see the constantly shifting social paradigms of culture.

It is only uncomfortable to us because change, inevitably, scares people. The best way to live in this day and age is to just not give a shit and go with the flow.

With a world that's growing and simultaneously shrinking with the Internet, I find it easy to just sit back and look at this all in the long term. The next generation will find ours deplorable, and we find theirs just as deplorable. Then the next generation, and so on and so on.

You can either get mad about it and have boogeymen, or you can just sit back, accept it, and just relax with your friends about shit. No need to drive further divide between gender lines and shit. What's the point?
>>
>>44226135
>You could say it like it was, appreciate a fine piece of ass, crack a joke about Pedro the lazy Mexican poolboy without needing to worry.

Anon, you can still do all those things.

Admiring fine pieces of ass has become so ubiquitous that the only people who actually complain about it are the ones not getting their asses admired, or the beta orbiters that try to say they want women to be "treated with respect" so they have a shot. This is nothing new. People still crack jokes about race and ethnicity and all that shit.

Relax, grab a beer, and start shooting the shit with your friends.
>>
>>44226134
Wat?
>>
>>44223698
Just tell her to suck it up or play somewhere else. The entire group should not have to change their behavior because of one person.
>>
>>44226211

When anon implies they're a woman, the common response is "LONDON" which is short for "pls be in LONDON," which has it's origins on /fit/ when a femanon asked for advice on work-outs and an autistic weight-lifter tried to hook up with her.
>>
>>44224639
Did she get her PTSD from Twitter?
>>
>>44226177
>This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened.

He's right. It's happened before every major destabilization and a destruction of a country.

Especially Rome.
>>
>>44226301
~5 century BC: Roman civilization is a a strong patriarchy, fathers are liable for the actions of their wife and children, and have absolute authority over the family
~1 century BC: Roman civilization blossoms into the most powerful and advanced civilization in the world. The Romans enjoy the arts and philosophy; they know and appreciate democracy, commerce, science, human rights, animal rights, children rights and women become emancipated. No-fault divorce is enacted, and quickly becomes popular by the end of the century.
~1-2 century AD: The family unit is destroyed. Men refuse to marry and the government tries to revive marriage with a “bachelor tax”, to no avail. Children are growing up without fathers, Roman women show little interest in raising their own children and frequently use nannies. The wealth and power of women grows very fast, while men become increasingly demotivated and engage in prostitution and vice. Prostitution and homosexuality become widespread.
~3-4 century AD: A moral and demographic collapse takes place, Roman population declines due to below-replacement birth-rate. There is extreme economic, political and military instability: there are 25 successive emperors in half a century (many end up assassinated), the Empire is ungovernable and on the brink of civil war.
~5 century AD: The Empire is ruled by an elite of military men that use the Emperor as a puppet; due to massive debts and financial problems, the Empire cannot afford to hire foreign mercenaries to defend itself (Roman citizens have long ago being replaced by mercenaries in the army), and starts “selling” parts of the Empire in exchange for protection. Eventually, the mercenaries figure out that the “Emperor has no clothes”, and overrun and pillage the Empire.
>>
>>44226301

It also happened during the Industrial Revolution.
>>
>>44226328
Which would put us right about on the same collision course as Rome.

>Family unit is destroyed. Men refuse to marry

Happening.
>>
>>44226325
>women are literally the fault of Rome falling

Yeah I guess the general incompetence of the government, the widespread corruption from being so large that governors just outright didn't pay taxes, and the fact they decided to piss off literally everyone had nothing to do with it.

There's more to the fall of Rome than "wah i can't control every aspect of a woman's wife".

#RomeDeservedIt
>>
>>44226345
If you look at the majority of men on 4chan, they don't want to marry because commitment scares them because I guess responsibility is scary.

/pol/ is the board if you want to jack off about how Rome was the greatest. Sure Rome was the greatest, as long as you weren't a slave or a normie.
>>
>>44224861
Lighter fluid is shit, get BBQ branded kerosene instead.
>>
>>44226325
>Prostitution and homosexuality become widespread.
How can something that was always there "become" widespread?
>>
>>44226355
>#RomeDeservedIt

in b4 #AmericaDeservesIt starts trending the next time someone chimps out
>>
>>44226355
>>44226375
>>44226393

>leftist cockroaches come scuttling out of the woodwork at record speeds to such obvious bait

lel
>>
>>44226394
No one cares about how you got bullied by black people once. This is /tg/, people here got bullied by fucking everyone on account of being nerds.

Your cry is not unique.
>>
>>44226401
what is wrong with gays my friend, and what made you not want to be a liberal? conservatives tried to demonize our hobby, you know, back in the 80's and 90's. some still try to do it. why are you a traitor?
>>
>>44226415
But anon, I'm black.

I was talking about terrorists.
>>
>>44226429
>what made you not want to be a liberal?

Liberals, mostly.
>>
>>44226439
you did not answer my other questions, dearest anon.
>>
>>44224775
>Would you bring a girl to Superbowl and Pizza night
You don't?
>>
>>44226283
Thanks Anon. Hard to keep up with all the memes these days.
>>
>>44226477
He thinks women will make the pizza divorce him or something, or maybe it's the other way around?
>>
>>44226447
He didn't mention anything about gays in his post, so it's moot. You're just assuming anyone not-liberal hates gays.

I'm a gay Republican.
>>
>>44226429
>conservatives tried to demonize our hobby, you know, back in the 80's and 90's. some still try to do it. why are you a traitor?

And now they are allies against the DARPA Polygon conspiracy
>>
>>44226355
>I guess the general incompetence of the government, the widespread corruption from being so large that governors just outright didn't pay taxes, and the fact they decided to piss off literally everyone had nothing to do with it.
And why do you think that happens? How does a civilization start out with a highly patriotic and militaristic ruling class that is willing to give literally everything to Rome, and end up with a lazy and greedy ruling class that is willing to take literally everything from Rome?

It is a shift of culture.
>>
As the wiser people have said, just straight up ask her - it's way better to have an awkward moment well before the game than have the entire game become awkward, right?

Though really, if your game has that much sexuality and misogyny in it that you're concerned, you should probably tone it down even if she DOESN'T join. You're there to play a game, not get off or establish an anti-feminist cell.
>>
>>44223698
yfw the girl's first act in-game is to kill two peasants and rape their helpless son and daughter.

Seriously, if she's not some creepy SJW neofeminist, she'll most likely be just as viciously murderhobo as the others.
>>
File: IT BEGINS.png (284 KB, 499x375) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.png
284 KB, 499x375
This thread has gone to shit, I'm so sorry OP.
>>
>gm delta green with a group of 4 girls and 1 guy
>the guy tries diplomacy
>the girls default to torture, murder, assassination, and sexual infiltration

/tg/ lies women are violent and filthy
>>
>>44226516
>And why do you think that happens? How does a civilization start out with a highly patriotic and militaristic ruling class that is willing to give literally everything to Rome, and end up with a lazy and greedy ruling class that is willing to take literally everything from Rome?

Same way it happened with the United States between 1950 to 2015.

People were born, grew up, and died in peace and prosperity. When you can live your entire life without fear, being told to fear the Other seems strange and foreign.
>>
File: 1445128819105.png (153 KB, 657x821) Image search: [Google]
1445128819105.png
153 KB, 657x821
>>44226592

>Have pregnant female GM, other player is her husband
>Always tries to get my or other character to fuck someone every settlement we visit
>She rolls to see if the woman gets knocked up, every time.

My character now has three children on the way and he doesn't even know it.
>>
File: 1441167830383.jpg (140 KB, 736x493) Image search: [Google]
1441167830383.jpg
140 KB, 736x493
>>44226614
Lets not forget Western societies militaristic boogeyman...
>>
>>44226516
Soviet Russia's rulers fell to the same vices and they didn't have any women's rights to blame. Try harder faggot
>>
>>44226672
Soviet Russia was destroyed from the outside.

>N-no, they clearly were going to collapse even without the wars!
>>
>>44226695
If not collapse, then naturally transition into a way less extreme form. The system was simply broken and unsustainable.
>>
>>44226695
Czarist Russia fell much the same, also without women's rights.

You can't just blame everything on women because they hurt you at some point.
>>
>>44226775
Fine, then I'll blame the Jews
>>
>>44224695
How so? I've never had a female GM.
>>
>>44226808
But EVERYONE blames the Jews.
>>
>>44225766
Seriously nigger? Should every person who wants to play a game wait until a new one pops up for them to join in? I wouldn't call it weaseling if a guy tried to join a game in progress, and you know you wouldn't.
>>
>>44226856
Shit, then I'll blame the gypsies
>>
>>44226907
You can't really blame Gypsies for social decay, but there's still plenty of unsolved crimes out there.
>>
>>44226554
>Though really, if your game has that much sexuality and misogyny in it that you're concerned, you should probably tone it down even if she DOESN'T join

how about no you fucking thought police apologist cvck

"oh no, people who have no part of my life might not approve of something that isn't their business"

speedrun a gallon of bleach

OP needs to get his balls out of the purse and decide if the chance of dipping his dick is worth breaking the bro code
>>
>>44227158
Go to bed 'naut.
>>
>>44223698
remember, bros before hos

that is literally all you need to know

sometimes you have to suck up a chubby or two
>>
>>44226695
>Soviet Russia was destroyed from the outside.
Are we seriously saying the SU was running on a tenable model? Seriously?
>>
>>44226635
My girls feed off each other and have grown progressively more violent in their approach. When we started they would try to talk to their suspect. Now they just kidnap people or kill them with a rifle in the night.
>>
>>44226554
>you should probably tone it down even if she DOESN'T join.
What gives you the authority?
>>
>>44227227
it's just a high school liberal taking a break from posting ebin bernie sanders memes on facebook

As anyone who knows anything knows, socialism doesn't work

#makeamericagreat #trump2016
>>
>>44227158
You see? You people can't even FATHOM the idea of not being hateful, it just makes you spew more vitriol. OP is a pretty cool guy, but you sir, should take a long look in the mirror and perhaps do some soul-searching on why you feel the need to launch such verbal attacks on someone for merely SUGGESTING that if someone is concerned by their own behaviour when the possibility of an outside observer is raised, it might be the behaviour that's at fault.

Just sayin'.
>>
>>44227262

That's because they're using roleplay as an opportunity to do something they otherwise wouldn't be able to do in the real world.

This is also why fucking a werewolf or other exotic-dick creature is so appealing to so many women in fantasy (especially modern.) They can't get it in the real world, and probably wouldn't even if it existed, so roleplay offers a chance to try it out.

It's the same thing with men, who fuck plant girls with flower petal vaginas or dragon-girls that turn into perfect humans because you simply don't get that in modern society.
>>
>>44226775
>Czarist Russia fell much the same, also without women's rights.
That's because Rome and Russia were entirely different creatures. Rome was the most advanced power of its time with literally nothing to oppose it. Czarist Russia was internally collapsing, knocked around by even the fucking Japanese and an absolutism in a time where popular sovereignity was already well established.

You cannot compare their declines as they were entirely incomparable by nature. This is no counterargument.
>>
>>44227158
You realize OP never even said anything about considering sexing the girl, right? He seems to be most worried about losing a potential new player or the social stigma.
>>
>>44227279
I'm honestly put off primarily because the SU wasn't even socialist; It was an Oligarchy with fascist tendencies.
>>
I don't really understand why people have include sex in their RPGs anyway. Sure, the "fade-to-black" approach makes it less awkward, but why include it in the first place then? It's not like fucking random whores is going to be very conducive to character development anyway, and any serious attempts at romance is going to feel a bit weird for the majority of GMs and players out there.

That being said, I'm kinda happy I have a female GM, since apparently it's easier for women to play the other gender convincingly.
>>
>>44227490

Same reason your female DM probably includes sex.

Because it's fun and gives everyone a shame-free boner. The build-up to the sex is great for roleplay, both for serious and comedic value, it's a natural culmination of being with a romantic interest.

Hell, it's just a chance for the DM to throw out some sexy descriptions and tokens with big boobs.
>>
>>44226695

Gorbachev was on the inside, also what bloody wars. Afghanistan was the only one I could think of, but even it could never have killed a halfway functional state.

>>44226775

It fell in a completely different way. It took some international pressure and internal opportunism to kill the Soviet Union. It took two decades of inept misrule, a population crisis, a revolutionary boom and most of a world war to take down the Russian Empire. The latter was INFINITELY more sensible and durable than the former.
>>
>>44225797
>>44225806
>>44225766
Women have a terrible time getting along with each other. Sure they can work together, but it doesn't mean they like each other. There is a reason the women only ever have a few women friends.
>>
>>44227490

What >>44227531 said. Part of the fun of roleplaying is having a lot of options. It's part of the reason you can buy things that won't necessarily have any real value in a game.

Part of a way you can express your character's personality is through sex - are they actively looking for sex? A romantic relationship, or a quick fling? Gentle or rough (keep this last part in your head - fade to blacks are best). As long as you're not touching yourself under the table and can handle it maturely, sex isn't something that you have to automatically avoid.
>>
>>44227583
There's also a reason why women with more male friends than female friends are overwhelmingly turbosluts. Maybe women are just horrible creatures that ruin everything they touch.

After all, nobody understands women better than women so it's no wonder they can't stand eachother.
>>
>>44227583
In my experience, that's not true - the female players worked together far better than the men did. Though admittedly, they cut themselves off from the rest of the group in a roleplaying sense to focus on working with each other.
>>
>>44227430
nice meme
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 184x141
>>44226775
So you're saying we should blame women AND the Russians.
>>
>>44227650
>As long as you're not touching yourself under the table and can handle it maturely, sex isn't something that you have to automatically avoid

Speak for yourself, there's a good 1-2% of the planet with zero interest in sex who would like nothing more than to have a safe haven from the fucking topic.

Seriously, what is WRONG with normal, sexual people? Why do you all shoehorn sex into EVERYTHING? Random conversations suddenly being beaten to the ground with lolsexjokes, it infecting every hobby or story or piece of media like a virus that MUST touch every aspect of everything anyone does otherwise something is TERRIBLY WRONG CLEARLY.

Ugh.... Didn't mean to vent, but seriously, you have no idea how desperate and completely without restraint most people seem to someone who defied nature's programming on this one. Is it so hard to NOT bring that stuff up where it doesn't belong? Like, is it a compulsion? I don't even understand.
>>
>>44227662
Meh. Rule ain't absolute, and I'm sure those two are friends to begin with. I'm talking in a far broader sense as to why they don't group up for their own thing.

Besides that though, it's hard to start something new on your own. If there is another group, especially one a boy your with (as I've been lead to believe is the norm) brings you to, it's far less intimidating.

Disclaimer: Just putting out observations and second hand observations
>>
>>44227722

No, we blame Jews and women, because a Jewish woman messed up shooting Lenin.
>>
>>44227531
>Same reason your female DM probably includes sex.
What? I just said she doesn't. (Unless you mean sex like in gender.)

>it's fun
I suppose it could be, but I don't know how it could be done well/tastefully.

>The build-up to the sex is great for roleplay, both for serious and comedic value
But it's also something deeply personal for the character, and unless your girlfriend/boyfriend is the GM and you don't have any other players, it's awkward. Can you really not see how this is true?

>it's a natural culmination of being with a romantic interest
Same reason we seldom describe this. Only one of the characters has a girlfriend, and it VERY rarely comes up. Perhaps it's just a difference in culture, but where I'm from, your relationship is generally regarded as not terribly interesting to listen to for other people, and sorta rude to just force on them like that.

>Hell, it's just a chance for the DM to throw out some sexy descriptions and tokens with big boobs.
That's fine, but you can do that without actually describing people having sex. We have sexy characters, but they don't really do any fucking at all.

>>44227650
I dunno, I think a character who defines itself primarily through its sexuality sounds kinda shallow.

But more to the point, I think it's just really really awkward. Like I stated above, perhaps it's a culture thing? I tend to avoid pushing what I do in the bedroom on people, because they probably don't care. Likewise, I really don't care what you do in your own time. I realize certain sub-cultures like to be more "sex-positive" than that, but it's not that I dislike sex, it's just a personal thing to me, not something to be shared so openly.
>>
>>44227724

I feel sexual attraction, anon. Doesn't mean I talk about it all the time or all that often. Don't mistake the words and actions of a loud minority as an accurate representation of the majority of the human race.
>>
Man, tabletop nerds really are bitter about women.

Way to break the mold guys.
>>
>>44227777
Checked
>>
>>44227777
Your post number is the only interesting thing about your post.
>>
>>44227724
I think it has a lot to do with age really. (Not that people just stop being perverts, but the older and more mature people get, they tend to change perspectives a bit.) When they're at the turbo-hormonal stage from age 14-25, people just can't seem to shut the fuck up about sex, but later on, I've seen a lot of them mellow out and tone it down. 30+ seems like a good age for this.

I also think it has a bit to do with counter-culture. Children from sexually repressed homes where sex is this forbidden fruit tend to spazz out about it because it just makes it more exciting. When these people meet people like you and me, they tend to overreact because they think we're some neo-puritan ultra-conservatives, when we're really just a bit tired of hearing about how many people they had sex with last week. (And the "LEL THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! xDD" and all the innuendos. I try to smile politely at them, but subtly give them the sign that it's not REALLY the height of comedy.)

>>44227755
Yeah, but why bring it into RPGs?
>>
>>44227686
>nice meme
Refute my statement, why don't you.
>>
>>44227724
>Is it so hard to NOT bring that stuff up where it doesn't belong? Like, is it a compulsion? I don't even understand.
It isn't our fault you were born defective, stop trying to change our behavior just because it triggers you.
>>
>>44227755
>loud minority
If this were true, it wouldn't be a problem. Sadly, it's more like a loud majority. I've genuinely met maybe one or two people in my entire life who don't bring sex up in casual conversation or weedle it into games/argue it has a place in them, and that's before I even talk about the media or entertainment industry as a whole...

I need like a hermit island or some shit, I'm not equipped for this plane of existence.
>>
>>44227739
>To show you how much I don't care or understand, I will pontificate for paragraphs
>>
>>44227777
Man, nerds really are bitter about other nerds on the internet.
>>
>>44227806
I'm not hearing a refutation of the point I made.

If you're going to be mad at women, give a good reason for it besides "oh wah I didn't get my dink touched."
>>
>>44227841
>hurr, lots of text, better greentext
I'm not sure what your point is. I do care about people forcing sex into RPGs I attend for seemingly no reason. What I said is that I don't really want to hear about it. There's a difference, see?

>>44227858
People respond to specific posts if you have issues with them. Responding to the whole thread with accusations like that just makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>44227739
I didn't say sex or sexuality was the primary defining trait. Honestly, I look at it more as a symptom of a larger personality - a compassionate hero may be less likely to go looking for sex and may try to form a real relationship with a romantic partner. Or a gruff, rebellious and rude guy with a big mouth might be a softie in the sheets. And this can be more than an entertaining quirk if you ask why things are the way they are or how their partners react.

I should say that I've honestly never gotten a chance to do any of this in a game, since it's rarely come up, and the times the GM has asked if I wanted to visit a red-light district, I got embarrassed and went somewhere else. I just think it's important to be able to look at a character from multiple angles and have a fuzzy sense on how they'd react to most situations.
>>
File: 1420355627450.jpg (18 KB, 550x471) Image search: [Google]
1420355627450.jpg
18 KB, 550x471
>>44227858
You didn't make a point worth addressing. You just make wild assertions and pretend you won an argument.
You are literally the most boring person in the thread.
>>
File: 1412446612702.png (342 KB, 600x517) Image search: [Google]
1412446612702.png
342 KB, 600x517
>>44228087
>anime posting

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>44224139
dank meme there bruh
>>
File: knock knock.jpg (16 KB, 417x522) Image search: [Google]
knock knock.jpg
16 KB, 417x522
>>44224139
WHERE'S THE MUSCLEGIRL POSTING, COME ON /tg/ GET ON THE FUCKING BALL.
>>
File: euphoria.png (552 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.png
552 KB, 900x900
>>44224696
>All wimmin are ess jay dubayews
>>
>>44224775
Yes, because the female in my friend group is more of a bro than the neckbeard burnout or the dickless supersperg.
>>
>>44228284
>Not pronouncing it see gee wee
>>
File: bunkmeister.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
bunkmeister.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>44224842
Stop shitting up the board because your show got canceled, Archie.
>>
>>44228389
But that nigger George Jefferson got to keep his!!!
>>
File: file photo.jpg (350 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
file photo.jpg
350 KB, 720x540
>>44225516
>>
>>44223794

desu you hit the nail on the head family.
>>
>>44227724
>1-2% of the planet don't get wet/hard

Where are you getting these statistics besides out of your asshole? Because last time I checked, that's the cumulative total of everyone who isn't straight and cis.

On a side note: you calling everyone with a sex drive a slut because you don't have one is like a robot accusing humans of all having a problem with overeating.
>>
>>44228733
I don't recall ever calling all sexuals 'sluts', just being vaguely confused by why they insist in bringing reproduction into games or other things that are mostly safe/'mechanical' so to speak. Games are about numbers and treasures and loot and playing interesting characters - only the latter has any room for sex, and that's only if you're being shallow with it or playing it up to the exclusion of actual character traits.

As for the 1-2% figure, I got that from looking over contemporary studies, specifically those of Bogaert, the census by Wellings in the UK in the mid-nineties and a few others here and there, most which are readily available for review on the web. The vast majority of studies put the prevalence of asexuality within that margin, usually closer to the 1%.

>Because last time I checked, that's the cumulative total of everyone who isn't straight and cis
When did you check, the stone age? I don't doubt that it's probably a fairly low value but when the range for gays in the UK for example is by itself usually put between 1.5% and 10% depending on the source, I'm somehow doubting that you can squeeze every other non-standard orientation and gender into a smaller value somehow.
>>
>>44228903
>vaguely confused

you must think I'm a goddamn retard if you think that I'll buy you whining over how sex sometimes being mentioned in things and saying that they're WRONG in all caps is being "vaguely confused" instead of "REEEEE-tier assmad".

>I don't recall ever calling all sexuals 'sluts'
> you have no idea how desperate and completely without restraint most people seem

If the boot fits...

>Sexuality isn't a character trait

If I have to explain to you why roleplaying a cleric who struggles with the conflict between his homosexual desires and his faith which says that homosexuality is immoral is, in fact, an actual interesting character, you're hopeless.

>Muh studies

The Boagaert study is considered tentative AT BEST even by asexual rights groups. As for your UK study, any meta-analysis with high and low values that far apart is about as useful as a chocolate kettle. On a side note: who the fuck would seriously try to pass of 10% as anywhere near a realistic number for gays in the UK? That REEKS of statistical manipulation.
>>
>>44224138
>Honestly it sounds like your group isn't doing anything terribly objectionable. I mean whoring, whatever. GoT has stuff that's so, so very much worse and people of both genders love that shit.
This. Expecting grills to be fags about this stuff's just silly, you need to stop reading The Mary Sue or wherever it is you get your news from.
>>
>>44229287
>Expecting grills to be fags about this stuff's just silly
It's not silly, this is how women actually are. What's silly is giving them what they want.
>>
File: fedoramag.jpg (260 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
fedoramag.jpg
260 KB, 1200x1600
>>44230598

Your subscription just came in.
>>
>>44225287
Damn son, you're right. That sounds pretty dank.

I'm going to have to take a look at this stuff. I always felt like magic should be a bit more customizable.
>They seem cool as hell
They are, love my family.
>>
>>44231033
>They are, love my family.
I do too, but they're very... fundie, I think it's called in the US?
>I'm going to have to take a look at this stuff. I always felt like magic should be a bit more customizable.
If I am to shill more: Mage: The Awakening does something similar, as does Ars Magicka though I've not looked too much at the latter. You could use Death + Forces to shoot a RAY OF PURE DARKNESS at people or use Matter + Prime(essentially the Magic that deals with Magic) for all kinds of magical object shenanigans. Of course, the big caveat is that magic is no longer the purview of humans and as such Bad Shit(TM) happens when you cast while mundanes are around.
>Damn son, you're right. That sounds pretty dank.
It is, once one's chipped away the base system enough to be sensible. ...I gotta run something with it, /finding/ good campaigns isn't gonna do me any good.>>44225346
>>tfw now want to try gurps
That's great to hear.
>>
>>44231308
>Fundie family
Yeah.. That's bad, man...

>Bad shit happens when mundanes are around
This sounds incredibly interesting when it comes to secretive magic campaigns.

>I felt similarly. I have more fun running campaigns now than I do playing in them most of the time. Sans a couple reeeeally good ones.
>>
>>44223698
Fwiw, I am girl. I know what the Conan setting it like. I would not be bothered or trigered ESPECIALLY if the GM was letting me play a caracters like Red Sonja and not forcing me to play naked arm candy. I'm not trigered or bothered by naked arm candy. It might be fun to play that kind of character for a little while. But I want my character to kick ass and kill bad guys.
>>
>>44223698
Just wanted to let you know that you're a terrible GM for withholding that kind of information from her.
That goes double if you decide to switch tone to fit a brand new player's sensibilities while ignoring the rest of the group.
>>
Dammit Smiling Shade who said you could leave?
>>44231918
>Just wanted to let you know that you're a terrible GM for withholding that kind of information from her.
See
>>44223698
>Well, we finally found another player: A girl. I told her what the campaign is like, and she sounds enthusiastic about it and wants to play a Red Sonja inspired character. But I didn't bring up the attitude towards women the rest of the player characters have.
He did. He's not a liar, he's a pussy.
>>
>>44227755
Whoa, quadradubs.
>>
>>44230598
>It's not silly, this is how women actually are.
Then explain the hordes of women watching GoT and drooling (while he was alive anyway) over Khal Drogo, Mongol Rapist.
>>
File: 1436190274391.jpg (51 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1436190274391.jpg
51 KB, 228x239
>tfw the girl who carries all of our games is /pol/ as fuck and a huge slut
>>
>>44226283
>femanon asked for advice on work-outs and an autistic weight-lifter tried to hook up with her.
Close, but the real story is even funnier. Some girl posted her ass in some tight little shorts, and someone said "please be in London", then she posted again revealing more of herself, and it was actually a dude, just with very feminine ass and legs.
>>
>>44234326
Did he still say it afterwards?
>>
>>44233905
Which is totally explainable because all tabletop gamers are handsome, agressive men who disregard the opinions of women.

You must have no experience with women if you don't realize what they want and what they say they want are completely different things. If that weren't the case, either feminism would never have happened or it wouldn't be a fucking disaster that only made women unhappier over the past decades.
>>
>>44233984

What kind of face is that
>>
>>44235011
He later went on to kill himself because /fit/ mocked him relentlessly for being a manlet with dead parents.
>>
>>44227755
That's called low libido and it's actually pretty damn common among a lot of people.
>>
>>44235355
That's too bad.

Who's the "he"?
>>
File: tinytrip.jpg (93 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tinytrip.jpg
93 KB, 800x600
>>44236129
Tripfag. Pic related.
>>
Hey OP. Want a practical solution?

Try using an X-card.

Just put an index card with a big X on it in center of the table. Tell everyone that you're all free to talk whatever shit they want, but if anyone feels skeeved out of any reason, they can tap the card, and people will agree to change the subject or fade to black on that particular scene.

Nobody has to explain it, or argue over it, or stand up and say that they have strong feelings about sexual violence or whatever, just tap the card and move on.

I know this is going to sound like triggered Tumbrl bullshit to many here, but honestly, even your whole group is full murderhobo, the X-card will free you from having to worry about such things. Which in your particular situation sounds useful.

Google the article by John Stavropoulos.
>>
File: 1400180226173.png (145 KB, 702x397) Image search: [Google]
1400180226173.png
145 KB, 702x397
>>44236988
In other words: simply an alternative means to grind the campaign to a screeching halt and throw it straight into the "No fun zone" simply because a woman is involved.

This is not a solution. OP and his group never needed X-cards until a woman got involved. Now OP has to set up an entirely new system just so the baby shitting factory doesn't get her precious feefees hurt.
>>
>>44237100
>>>/r9k/

If making people uncomfortable is your idea of a good time then you've got issues anon.
>>
File: e4d.jpg (82 KB, 503x333) Image search: [Google]
e4d.jpg
82 KB, 503x333
>>44238277
>If you don't change what you and a group of people have been doing for ages to accommodate one person who asked to be allowed to join you you are somehow a badong person

Please fuck off, honestly.
>>
>>44227490
Most "normal" peoples lives revolve around it due to social and hormonal factors. Unfortunate but what can you do
>>
>>44237100
I think the point would be to free people up so that they wouldn't have to be self-conscious all the time, knowing that if somebody felt uncomfortable, they could put a stop to things. People wouldn't feel obligated to reign themselves in. I don't know how well it would work, but I don't think it's automatically a bad idea.
>>
LOL @ OP
>>
>>44236988
>I know this is going to sound like triggered Tumbrl bullshit to many here
no it would sound like tumblrina leddit safe space bullshit to normal people too
>>
>anons ITT actually defending X cards
AHAHAHAHA
>>
I know /tg/ is severely autistic but fucking shit this whole thread can just get >>>/out/ to >>>/r9k/

Tell your friends, OP, that their idea of fun is sexist as shit and they should tone it down.
>>
>>44223698
Man, all the girls I've played with have got deep into that sort of thing. I wouldnt change the campaign for one person unless you're really desperate for a 4th player.
>>
>>44242153
Wow, that's like really really rude. Insulting people because of conditions they were born with. You are not a very nice person are you?
>>
>>44226504
>I'm a gay Republican.
Which rather proves the point of >>44226393
>>
>>44242329
MY FEELINGS > YOUR PRIVATE LIFE
>>
>>44224842
There are still people who think like this?
>>
>>44246846
>IT'S
>TWENTY
>FIFTEEN
>COME ON
>>
>>44236988
>to many here
It would feel that way to most people IRL.
>>
>>44226135
>tfw you're a woman and you do that with your bros as well
Sure, they probably wanna hump me, but so fucking what?
>>
>>44223698
If she's read Red Sonja, chances are good she knows exactly what to expect.

>I'm afraid to just ask her straight out what she would think of it because if it pisses her off, well then I just lost a player before the first session even started.
Do this, you fucking moron. If she wants to play, she'll play. If she doesn't, carry on with your game and accept your game isn't for everyone. But one thing she won't do is blame you for talking to her like a normal fucking person.

God damn I hate these "Girl in Game wat do" threads, they were bad enough the first time around, and they don't get any fucking better.
>>
>>44223698
I would just ask beforehand what her take is on that kind of stuff so that it isn't a surprise for her, nor is it a surprise for the rest of your playgroup in case she doesn't actually want it toned down. some girls love that shit.
>>
>>44247347
>and they don't get any fucking better.
Much like the games they're talking about don't get better when women are involved, only worse.
>>
>>44223698
>I don't know if I should change how I present the game world to be more female friendly, and ask the rest of the players to tone down the sexism.
Definitely, 100%, this.
>>
>>44227657
>There's also a reason why women with more male friends than female friends are overwhelmingly turbosluts.
Because if you can get easy sex from people who dawn over you, you will?
>>
>>44226325
>~1 century BC: Roman civilization blossoms into the most powerful and advanced civilization in the world.
No, that would still be China.
>>
>>44233984
>you will never carry games for a group that fuck you as you redpill them
>>
>>44233984
>tfw all my female players are totally normal
Well one of them is a drawfag but that's still pretty normal.
>>
>tfw have a girl in the group
>She's never gotten pissy from anything being shown in the group
Maybe it's because we tone more things for the DM who wants to be a Catholic Priest, but even then, we've had rape jokes and she's laughed alongside it. She's even a Homestuck.
>>
Generally, the odus is on them to knowhat they're getting into in a campaign. If they seem like a greenhorn, spell it out for them.

You're walking cancer if you DM Fiat her into some sort of objectified roll, however. NPCs can be shitty towards her or/And objectify her, but in line with your sensible a-Magical Realms policies in place don't like get lurid and into it or some shit.

Period sexism shouldn't #trigger her, just don't run away with it.

Also: OP is a faggot and this is definitely fake.
>>
>>44252578
Nice explanation. Such a shame that it isn't a justification.

>>44252624
https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Comparison_between_Roman_and_Han_Empires
>>
>>44223698
>Fucking a whore is sexism
You're an idiot.
>>
File: 1399324917779.jpg (28 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1399324917779.jpg
28 KB, 175x175
>>44252853
You think THAT'S bad? Just wait until you discover that Anita Sarkeesian considers it sexism that prostitutes in video games really stand out compared to normal women. You know, like in real life? So they can send a clear signal to potential Johns that they're DTF instead of blending in with regular Janes who aren't?
>>
>>44228733
Humans do overreact. The robot would be right to make that accusation.

Also, it's "overreacting", not "overeacting". Over-reacting, see? Not ove-r-eacting.
>>
>>44252578
>fawn* all over you
>>
>>44253198
He said overEATING you dolt.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 663x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 663x1019
Hey, Gail Simone's Red Sonja was pretty fucking macho; she was a violent drunk who refused to bathe and liked a fuck a whole lot.
Though ironically she always ended up NOT getting laid as a recurring joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 607x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 607x850
>>44253658
Like, objectively speaking I'm pretty sure I'm way less manly then this Red Sonja was.
>>
>>44253658
That's what happens when you promise a goddess you won't sleep with anyone who can't beat you in a fight, just after they give you super strength.

Though honestly that is not much of a drawback.
>>
>>44253706
Simone's Sonja basically completely ignores that aspect of her origins.
Her family and village were slaughtered, but she learned to fight the regular way (her dad taught her, she was more aggressive and a faster learned then her brothers) and she wasn't raped.

It's not that Red Sonja in Simone's comic COULD NOT have sex, it's that the joke was despite being really hot and pretty horny all the time she kept running into dudes who wouldn't do it with her.
One said it was because she smelled like ass after trudging around in a swamp all day, another because "he wanted to be romanced" and then she called him a wimpy faggot and lost interest, another because he was gay, and then another because, amusingly, he had a vow of celibacy he took that said he couldn't have sex until someone beat him and Sonja got her ass kicked when she fought him.
It was pretty funny.

>Sonja: "Get over here. I'm lonely and you're nearby."
>Bard: "...what if you're not my type?"
>Sonja: "Horseshit. I'm Red Sonja. I'm EVERYONE'S type."
>Bard: "What if I want to be...you know...romanced?"
>Sonja: "You have GOT to be kidding me."
>>
>>44253887
And that is how you avoid magical realm when your player makes a female barbarian that wants to snu snu everyone.
>>
>>44254701
I actually once got legit turned off by a girl with amazingly bad BO. She wasn't half bad looking and was pretty horny but only fuck she smelled like rotting infected whale dick or something.
>>
>>44247237
This also implies that's a bad thing fem anon.
>>
>>44254922
Tell her to take a shower and then come back. Join her in the shower, even.
>>
>>44255436
Alternatively he can waste his time and money on a woman who at the very least can be fucking bothered to shower without being directly ordered to.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.