[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the greatest party setup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
So, in my campaign im about to introduce the party to a special group of individuals, they happen to be the continents most renowned adventurers who have struck down many a foe and aided hundreds.

My party is likely going to oppose them in some way (theyre not evil, theyre just stubborn). and i do plan for there to be a moment when the parties will clash, like my party might be unknowingly working for the bad guy, or the other way around, the NPC team is being manipulated by the big bad.

but before i introduce them i need to be sure who it is im introducing, so i wanted you help coming up with the ultimate adventuring party that has everything it would need to be a winning combination.

Currently the idea ive got is
- A hulking knight head to toe in armor, diligent and strong, not you average dumbass knight, wielding a massive shield and sword.
- A huntress, she is a master of the wild, at her whim animals will fight for her, she will also not hesitate to fight them. knows the way of the forest like the back of her hand.
- The assassin, the typical archetype of the thief/rogue, master of traps, poison, stealth combat, and scouting.
- lastly, the wizard, hes not much of a wizard but even a lesser wizard can be a threat, knows quite a few spells but his main strength comes from casting buff on the team.

thats what im thinking so far but i wanted to get your guys thoughts on maybe a better party setup? maybe what your ideal party would be?
>>
>>44205255
>a wizard
>a cleric
>a druid
>some martial to carry their stuff and do menial work
>>
>>44206061
> a wizard
> a druid
> a cleric
> some kind of GISH
>>
>>44205255
> not making the assassin an orcish executioner who looks like a meathead barbarian
> not having a charismatic hobbit be the PITA tank
M8
>>
>>44205255
>Whats the greatest party setup?

Close friends.
>>
>>44205255
You need a face, urban expert, wilderness expert, AoE caster, healing/buffing caster, and tank/damage dealer.
>>
>>44205255
Make them a min-maxed version of your players' characters.
>>
>>44206623
Keep in mind that some of these aren't mutually exclusive, if for example your tank/damage dealer is a paladin, he might be able to just as well fill the face role as that one.
>>
>>44206623
> face, urban expert, wilderness expert, AoE caster, healing/buffing caster, and tank/damage dealer.

Cleric, wizard, druid, wizard, cleric, cleric/druid
>>
File: 013aaq.jpg (211 KB, 855x768) Image search: [Google]
013aaq.jpg
211 KB, 855x768
>>44205255

One glorious bastard leading a mercenary company of glorious knights who ends up selling your out for immortality like a prick.
>>
>>44206890
Go home Guts you're drunk.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.