[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about dungeons and dragons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: deeundee.png (287 KB, 1094x954) Image search: [Google]
deeundee.png
287 KB, 1094x954
What do you guys think about dungeons and dragons?
>>
Me and my ponyhomies like it. I want to try the older editions after running through 4e and Pathfinder with them.
>>
>>44201943
I have a sneaking suspicion that you already know how /tg/ feels about D&D.

I for one, enjoy it. And I think most of the complaints about it are from people who are just being contrary and difficult.
>>
I don't rather not be thrown into either.

Oh wait, this is a shitty meme thread, so here's a "You're a faggot" and a sage.
>>
>>44202072
Good a place as any to ask as a newbie to the site, what is "saging" a thread and what eactly does that entail?
>>
>>44202133
You just put a "sage" in the options field, and the thread won't rise in the bump order.

Basically, it used to be done in the past as a sign of disapproval, with people spamming the threads with saged posts so that it would fill up and disappear while only being on Page 1 once or twice. This was called "Sage Bombing." Now, with the much larger post limit and the catalog, along with sages no longer being visible (in the past, people could see when a post was saged), it's just a sort of archaic form of snubbing a thread.

A "I dislike your thread, but not enough to ignore it, but enough not to bump it. I pray for its swift death, and whatever displeasure that might bring you."
>>
>>44202269
Ah, thanks for that, I had noticed it on a few of the archive sites and was wondering.
>>
>>44201943
I think I would like the game if I tried it but I'd rather try something more like The One Ring because all my friends are familiar with that world and I like it more.
>>
>>44201943

It's good at what it does when it knows what it wants to do.
>>
File: sage.jpg (23 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
23 KB, 700x466
>>44202133
lurk moar

also, pic related
>can no longer Sage in all fields
>>
>>44201943
It was my first TTRPG, and it will always have a place on my shelf. I'm always happy to pull out any edition of it if my friends want me to play it with them, even if I've found systems I like more since I started it.
>>
its pretty good 3e is best 5e is shit and 4e is fun but not d&d.
>>
>>44201943
not as good as 5e
>>
Does anyone know the name of the image in the OP? It's a neat picture and I'd love to view it without the memery.
>>
It's alright. I don't care for 3rd and 4th edition, and think 5th could have been better. I enjoy the oldschool variants, but think they're full of a bunch of really silly rules.
>>
>>44203651
5e is D&D you cucк
>>
While it does combat very well, anything but combat is done poorly, with little mechanical support.
>>
eh's a prety cool guy, kills bugbears and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
WIZZZZARDSSSS!!!
>>
>>44202133
It makes your post not bump the thread. It's meant to be used when you feel your post is off topic or not contributing enough to the conversation to warrant bumping a thread. People think it's a downvote because they're idiots, and they make us all aware of how stupid they are by announcing that they're saging.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.