[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The League of Extraordinary Shonen Leads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: jojo.jpg (57 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
57 KB, 800x800
I'm planning on doing a campaign with my friends set in post-WWI England; it has characters and plot elements from pretty much any good anime/manga set around that time, like Phantom Blood or Black Butler.

Only problem is, the only good manga set around that time that I know of are the two above. /tg/, any suggestions?
>>
>>44199385
Gosick isn't set in England, but it's set near England.
>>
>>44199385
Hellsing
>>
>>44199385
A possible end goal: The players must stop the machinations of Queen Victoria, who plans to conquer all of Europe with a vampire army, created by the Stone Mask and controlled by Alucard.
>>
>>44199486
Hellsing is late 20th century anon, not interwar period. Even The Rising only goes back as far as WWII.
>>
>>44199561
The Dawn, rather. Too much booze and not enough sleep reduces my effective power level in embarrassing ways.
>>
>>44199561
Yes, but the main character is active and kicking during the period OP specified, so it's doable.
>>
>>44199593
>Alucard
>the main character
That's like saying that Mr. Miyagi is the main character of The Karate Kid.
Alucard is a walking plot device.
Seras is the main character. She's the character who actually has an arc over the course of the manga. She's the one we see become a vampire, adjust to being a vampire, and finally decide "Fuck it, I'm a vampire, time to stop pretending I'm not.", drink her boyfriend, and come into her own.
>>
>>44199385
Isn't Phantom Blood in 1889?
>>
Hmm, off the top of my head:

Karakuri Circus: Its set way after that period, but some integral parts of the setting have been kicking around Europe since the renaissance. Only problem is that its a really long read before you even get to a mention of the content that will ultimately be revealed to be active during that time period.

Kuro Hakubutsukan: Springald (Black Museum: Springald): It's only a few chapters long, but this would be perfect. Its a historical fiction set in London based on Spring Heeled Jack, histories first super-villain.

Vendemiaire no Tsubasa (The Wings of Vendemiaire): Not really action focused, but its got the right setting and some interesting elements for random encounters or minor adventures. Not too long either.

Kuro (just Kuro, its not the easiest thing to search for, but it's on Batoto): Again, not action oriented, and not that long, but the setting fits and it has some interesting elements for an adventure.

I'll do some thinking and get back to you with more.
>>
>>44201795
Claymore: Arguably we never get to see what the outside world is like, so this is entirely feasible.

Mahoutsukai no Yome: Again, not really action oriented, but it's all about European magic and folklore. The time period is left a bit ambiguous but it looks somewhere around just pre-WW1 to just post-WW2.
>>
>>44201666
Yes satan, it is. Part 2 is set just before WW2 so lets assume thats what OP meant.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.