[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mimic girl quest: Rebooted 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: Mimic.jpg (183 KB, 701x700) Image search: [Google]
Mimic.jpg
183 KB, 701x700
The halls of the dungeon are winding and confusing, but Sir Oliver seems to navigate them easily, marching down the hall with strange, youthful energy. He hums a little marching tune while he walks, one that fills you with a strange longing for a time you've never been in, of comradery and blood. The trip is otherwise silent, the hollow footsteps of the marching armor filling the gaps, until you both reach another set of wooden doors, scratched in stained in several places. Oliver gives a little nod and pushes inside, pulling you along with him.

The mess hall is filled with monsters of all different shapes and sizes. A large gaggle of little green people talk loudly in their own little corner, taking up an entire table by themselves. Several different women with wings for arms, from leathery to feathery, sit perched up on the rafters, giggling and whispering among themselves. A group of dark robed, humanoid figured chat quietly away from the others. A pack of furred humanoid creatures, all looking just a bit different from each other, messily devour the flesh in front of them. A hulking beast of a woman stands behind a counter, clothed in rags and a ratty apron, chopping up large hunks of meat with a cleaver. Her skin is a slight yellow coloration, and she only has one eye. She's a bit fat, but still has quite a lot of muscles from what you can see. Oliver walks up, beaming as her usually does, pulling you along. "A bit of meat for the girl, Hm?"
>>
The woman gives a sweet smile and nods. "One of those, eh?" She says in a strange accent, piling on raw meat onto a tray. The sight of it makes your mouth water, and you can feel the twisting hunger pains in your stomach once again. "Gretel here knows just what to serve, don't you worry." Oliver says with a slight chuckle and ruffles your hair. Soon enough, you're seated at a table, messily devouring your plate of food. Oliver seems to have looked away as you eat, preoccupied with the brickwork of the wall across the room, until one of the other monsters in the room calls his name, waving him over to their table. He leaves you unattended for the moment, but before you know it, the meat is gone from your plate, specks of blood covering your mouth and hands. Looking around, Oliver is distracted by a conversation at another table, and Gretel is busy mixing something up in a large pot behind the counter.

>Go chat with another group (Write in which one)
>Try to get more food from Gretel
>Go get Sir Oliver to start training already
>Other (Write in)

Welcome to Mimic Girl Quest!

Previously:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mimic%20Girl%20Quest

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChestChanTG
Always open to answer questions here; ask.fm/ChestChan

Rolling is a basic 1d100, best of three, with crits. If rolling ever happens.
>>
>>44196363
>>
>>44196363
>>
http://www.bogleech.com/creepy/creepy15-Roommate.html
By the way, I wrote a thing. It was featured by a guy.

I'm also not sure I really want to do this but I feel obligated to.
>>
>>44196363
Dungeon adventures go! Strike out on your own!
>>
>>44196363
>Other (observe and analyse then groups around me)
>>
>>44196578
You realize you just gave /tg/, and 4chan at large, your real name and a way to contact you here, right?
>>
>>44196630
Ah. Fuck.
>>
Well. I guess I'll...Write. Yeah. Writing.
>>
>>44196975
Don't panic now. It's just 4chan, after all.
>>
You could always delete the post.
I mean, it wouldn't help against dedicated anons, but at least it'd somewhat improve your chances of being ignored.
>>
>>44196975
Think of it like practice. Cut loose and have fun with it!
>>
>>44196656
Eh, we're /tg/ not /b/ we don't do real raids or shit.
>>
You slip slowly out of your seat and stalk towards the counter, a fire in your eyes. You had a mission and nothing would stand in your way. Standing up on your tip toes to see over the counter, you bang your hand on the table to get the ogre's attention. She turns around and looks down at you and you squeak out an excited "Food!" As you look up to her. She chuckles and shakes her head. "Already had your meal, Dear. Not enough to go around." You pout and cross your arms, saying "Food!" Again. She frowns and shakes her head again, and you whine. The woman huffs and glances around. "Okay, Okay, Just don't make a fuss now!" She turns around and scoops up a little bit of scrap meat from the counter and hands it down to you, and you brighten up considerably before tearing into the morsel.

"Oh, My! I hope she wasn't giving you too much trouble, Gretel!" You hear the familiar voice of Sir Oliver as he marches up behind you, casting an odd look between you and the ogre, who chuckles again and shakes her head. "Naw, She's fine. Y'all take care now, alright?" She smiles sweetly and Oliver bows. "Of course! Good day to you!" He waves as he tugs on your arm again, pulling you a bit out of the way. "That's enough of that, now. Don't need to be cutting too deep into the stocks! You'll eat us out of house and home, little lady." He tsks, and stands at attention. "Well, are you ready to move on, then? Lot's to do, and such!"

>Go chat with a group
>Leave, already
>Ask him about a type of monster
>Do something else (Write in)
>>
>>44197030
>>44197107
I mean, I'm not really concerned. I come from a time when people thought everyone on the internet was a pedophile, I do my best not to leave a trail. It's just that my motivation is kinda fading, but I'm trudging along.
>>
>>44197176
>Go chat with a group
>>
>>44197176
>Leave, already
Adventure!
>>
>>44197176
>Leave, already
>>
>>44197176
>Leave, already
>>
>>44197176
I'll do this:
>>44196621

Need to see what kind of people are around, what they are doing, talking, etc., before making a move.
>>
>>44197107
>Eh, we're /tg/ not /b/ we don't do real raids or shit.

Except for sick dungeon raids, mate.
>>
>>44197444
Yeah, that's the stuff.
>>
Looks like we're moving. Writing!
>>
You nod your head and Oliver beams again, turning his heels to march out the door. "Away, then! We'll make haste! Training to be had!" He says several more things like that as he walks, seeming quite excited. The winding halls of the dungeon are becoming a bit more familiar as you walk through them, and eventually you hit a plain wooden door that Oliver pushes aside without hesitation. Inside is a large, open room. It's floor has a large amount of leather matts spread across it, and it's absolutely chock full of various things. Chests, empty suits of armor, furniture... There's an area off to the side that looks like it's cleaned up a bit more, for sparing. Oliver turns to you and you stand at attention, making the knight quite proud.

"Right! This will be a simple game. One of the most vital parts of our training is Stealth! By keeping out of sight from the hooligans that look to ransack our sacred home, you'll be able to spring out at them, rendering their defenses useless! While others might do this by hiding inside of things or among the shadows, we are a very special class, and we hide in plain sight!" He clears his non-existent throat, and gestures around the room. "I will turn my back and count to ten. And you'll hide. I will try to look for you. I must warn you, now, I have a very keen eye, and will not be easily tricked! Are you ready?" You nod your head eagerly and he turns to the face the walls, and starts counting.

Roll a d100. Best of three.
>Transform into a chest, like he said.
>Trick him, and hide inside of something instead.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>44197900
>>
>>44197900
>>Transform into a chest, like he said.
And then put your chest-self inside a larger chest.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>44197900
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>44197900
>Trick him, and hide inside of something instead.
Find some armor!
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>44197900
>>44198006
>>
You run off into the crowd of boxes as Sir Oliver continues counting, looking around quickly for a good place to hide. Noticing a rather large chest, you get a clever idea, and quietly open the lid, slipping inside. It feels different being in a chest that's not your own. The familiar comfort and feeling of safety is not there. Closing your eyes, you focus really hard, and eventually you're able to feel your body shifting to your will, the familiar wooden walls pressing against the unfamiliar ones, and you feel safe at least.

"I hope you're ready!" Oliver shouts as he turns away from the wall, and you can hear him hum to himself as he walks among the many decoy objects, and through your lock you can see him inspect a few, and even gives a cursory glance inside a suit of armor. It takes several minutes of searching on his part, and he seems about ready to give up before he stands in front of the chest you've climbed inside of. He leans over, looking around the outside of the chest, before throwing open the lid of the first chest.

You hear him laugh loudly, and after a moment he knocks on your lid. "Quite a clever thing, aren't you? Well, then, Stealth you can do, but you'll never catch an adventurer that way!" He chuckles again, waiting a moment. "You can come out, now." You force yourself to shift back into your more humanoid form, and he scoops you out of the chest and deposits you on the ground in front of him. "Well, Then. I'll let you decide what we'll do next, since you were so clever."

>Combat training
>Trap making
>Magic training
>Eating training (Not a real choice)
>>
>>44198725
>Trap making
We should be a natural.
>>
>>44198725
>Eating training (Not a real choice)
>Combat training
>>
>>44198725
>Trap making
>>
>>44198725
>Trap making
>>
aw shit I forgot entirely this thing was running today.
You guys maintain a consensus while I Read up
>>
>>44198725
My preference is traps first (for lock purposes), combat next (since it is eating training), then magic (because we aren't very smart)
>>
>>44199627
I'm off to sleep so you can take over anon
>>
"Traps!" You say happily, bouncing on your heels, and Oliver bursts out laughing. "I can't say why I didn't assume that! You seem like the natural sort for that. Follow me!" He stomps his foot and marches right back out the door, and soon- just a few rooms away, actually, you come to a large workshop covered in all kinds of gears and screws and wires. "Now!" The knight says as he leads you over to a workbench. "Trap making is a very fine art, and requires extremely delicate skills! So many tiny parts and just the right amount of tension to make the perfect trap!" He gets a stool to help you up so you can see everything on the table, and lays out quite a few parts.

"Now, the most important weapon in your arsenal is the tripwire. It's the perfect tool to spring traps and even give you an early warning on any adventurers coming in! Now, The wire part is easy enough, but to keep it taught you need a special mechanism..."

He runs you through various confusing things, but you seem to get a basic grasp on most of it, and he puts a bunch of parts in front of you have a while. "Now, You try! Make a trap! The best trap you can make!" You look at the parts skeptically...

Roll 1d100 for making a trap.
Also, I'm afraid I'm going to cut here. As it turns out I'm really bad at time management. I'm going to run again in, fuck...A week from now. Gonna be busy. But I'll run a LOT longer next time.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>44199774
Trap making engage.
I wonder if we can trap our chest form to make it seem like we are a normal trapped chest, and then pull the ol' double trap on them and attack them after they diarm the trap.
>>
>>44199936
8, oh well.
>>44199774
either way, see you next time.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>44199774
Rollan
>>
>>44200527
oh.
oh I rolled the wrong dice for mine.
I'm dumb. Yours is much better.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44199774
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>44199774
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.