[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slightly Different Civ Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 4GNrKUO.jpg (2 MB, 1841x3681) Image search: [Google]
4GNrKUO.jpg
2 MB, 1841x3681
Alright let's try something different for choosing what race to roll with for this civ. When you pick a race, give some sort of backdrop as to where they stand in the world, and what their (more or less) main goal will be for the duration of the civ, so that we have something to strive for. Now I wrote up some brief examples and ideas for how the votes can be presented, but feel free to go wherever you want it to.

Some example races for you guys. If any of you find any of these interesting have at it since I have ideas and stuff planned for all three options. However, don't let this stop you from writing up a thing for a race that you want to run with.

>Trolls! Skirting the edges of civilization, your kind has survived with their strength, barbarism, and primal instincts since time began. But you have always been divided. Feuding between clans has kept your people from their true potential. Can you unite your people and forge a true society, before the encroachment of more unified races overwhelm you?

>Dwarves! The forlorn remnants of an age long past. Your greatest hope is to only have the chance to begin again, and reignite the Sacred Forges of your ancestors. You face many challenges. Ancient enemies and the constant threat of enslavement plague you, but there is still hope. With the discovery of a forgotten fortress lost to time, can you take your fortress back and give your people a second chance?

>Undead! You have long preyed upon isolated hamlets and caravans but your eye has shifted to that of a vulnerable mountain keep. But your numbers are few and your powers are weak. You will need to bring forth a new generation of undead to seize the opportunity presented to you and build an empire on the backs of your reanimated minions.
>>
>>44196009
>Sloth people
Master Druids that have the sole intent of expanding their jungle homeland. They are very slow but can capture almost any creature with their Druid mages. They cling onto the backs of the creatures they tame and the majority of the civ will be centered around gathering beasts, expanding the forest, hating technogy, and striking slow-related puns

There are a lot of civ threads up today. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow to continue my machine civ. everyone might be burned out
>>
>>44196009
>Racist Machines
Before the people of this ruined city decided to revolt upon their great(actually terrible) leaders they decided to make one more invention; a racist machine. Well machines. Racist against who you ask? The very humans who invented them thinking that they would only attack the revolting population and not them. The humans are now long gone in this area but the machines they left are not and after many long years they reactivate. Can you be the A.I. who leads your drones into a new humanless age?
>>
>>44196089
Is your machine civ the one with #6 and blues music?
>>
>>44196567
Yeah
>>
>>44196089
You have my vote.
>>
>>44196089
I'll second this, but only if there is absolutely no reddit sloth meme stuff.
>>
File: slothwizard.jpg (138 KB, 1005x661) Image search: [Google]
slothwizard.jpg
138 KB, 1005x661
>>44196682
>>44196089
Tried looking for some sloth people art and could only find this. Is it along what you guys were thinking?
>>
File: tumblr_mqiz3gSysQ1r65wmco1_500.png (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqiz3gSysQ1r65wmco1_500.png
85 KB, 500x500
>>44196742
i have some slothman art
>>
>>44196813
Dump please my friend.

Writing up intro for Sloth People. Hang on to your butts.
>>
File: tumblr_mwmovdsc4D1r65wmco1_500.png (142 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwmovdsc4D1r65wmco1_500.png
142 KB, 500x500
>>44196742
>>44196813
also have this
>>
>>44196829
i only have those two unfortunately. the tumblr that i got them from used to have quite a few but disappeared randomly one day.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 848x942) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 848x942
I was thinking like this just you know...not as badly drawn
>>
>>44196966
Good enough for me.

>Sloth People!

There was once a time when the land was nothing but a vast jungle wilderness. Humid and filled with life, this was where many of the first creatures came to be under the endless canopy above. Yours were among the first among these pioneering creatures. Slowly your people's numbers grew, and your bond between nature grew as the years passed by. Over time your race became masters of nature and all within it. Trees, vines, bugs, fish, mammals; all welcomed your people with open arms and the many races of the jungle forged a bond that would forever bind them. With nature as your ally, your numbers grew and the world thrived.

But that was long ago. Many other races of all shapes and sizes have came into the world, each eager to expand their reach and solidify their position. The jungle, being of near unlimited resources, was easy prey for fire and axe. Slowly the green expanse was pushed back into the unsettled corners of the world and your people with it.

But you did not go down without a fight, using your favored animal companions you struck mighty blows against the encroachment of foreign all-consuming powers.

>What is your people's favored animal companion?
>>
>>44197016
Turtles. Or snails.
>>
>>44197016
Lemurs
>>
>>44197016
Megatherium.
The only proper mount for a sloth is a bigger, bear-ier sloth
>>
>>44197016
>>44197016
massive bears with a good hearth but they rage really fast if in thread, the sloth have hard to work to tame them and explain them not to rage this fast im somebody threatens them
>>
>>44197125
>>44197142
>>44197168
If there's no consensus I'll just roll out of these three but I'd rather you guys choose.
>>
>>44197239
dont forget the bears
>>
>>44197168
I'll second this as the idea of sloths riding bigger sloths is kinda funny to me
>>
>>44197260
I won't. I just didn't see the post in time.
>>
>>44197168
>>44197279
Thirded, though I'm worried that we'll be OP and the game will be too easy.
>>
>>44197325
we could balance them with something similar to that mechanic that bloodbowl has where your monstrous players have like a 50 percent chance of ignoring/disobeying orders?
>>
>>44197168
YEah, I am also for this but just because I cant even think of any fun possibility Errat could come up with, I'm tuned!
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 534x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 534x400
>>44197381
Giant ground sloths were rather docile and only really attacked when provoked. They also had no way of attacking from behind. Maybe OP can utilize this somehow?
>>
>>44197420
i feel like that combined with them being a bit dimwitted and therefore limited with what they can do might balance well
>>
>>44197420
I'll sure as hell try.

Writing for sloth on sloth action.
>>
>>44197459
allright, nice!
>>
>>44197604
Somewhere along the roller coaster that is your species' evolution there was a split. On was side was you, small, slow, yet patient and clever. But on the other side was your brother race of giants. Big, slow, calm yet dangerous, the bond between your two species was something to be admired. On their backs you rode into battle in an eternal battle to preserve your precious jungle and many of your enemies fell to the sword-like claws of your giant brothers.

But against such overwhelming odds the jungle slowly fell. Tales are told of a time of endless greenery surrounding your simple villages, but this was long ago. Now, pushed back into the most ancient temple, you are certain that you are close to being one of the last generations of your kind.

>Who leads you in this time of woe?

We'll get the ball really rolling after a leader is chosen. Get as in-depth as you want fellas.
>>
>>44197630

The young Shaman Arthur. One of the youngest ever to be promoted to the position he shows a lot of potential but lacks the weight of years to quell his fiery (for a sloth) spirit. He is upset that he was not part of the defense of the last temple but the elders, in their infinite wisdom, knew that the civilization would need a sloth of action and resolve to lead them in these trying times. Not to mention that as a younger member he will be around longer, a few of the older shamans we're nearing the time to return to the jungles embrace.
>>
>>44197630
Shaggy our master Druid

Shaggy is a very calm fellow that is rather quick to react for a slothman. This still isn't very fast mind you. His giant ground sloth is the largest and most violent around. Only shaggy can keep good 'ol Scooby down. Shaggy is suspected of participating in drug use however, and as such is not that trusted by the far-right of our society
>>
>>44197760
Seconding this as I was gonna suggest a shaman as well
>>
>>44197630
What's the thread? do we magic? is there dinosours in here? How big are they? how small and frail are we? pop number? jungle size? tec level? our big bros talk?

Details man THEY ARE IMPORTANT
>>
>>44197851
Next post will be details I promise young anon.

Another con about doing a random race civ is that I have to find a way to do everything in a few minutes
>>
>>44197760
this
>>
>>44197889
Did you do some other civs in the past?
Do you have a tweitter so that we can see if and when you will continue this thread?
Will you upload it to /tg/-Archive?
>>
>>44197851
>our big bros talk?

I feel another sir bearington coming up...
>ROARS
>good call Scooby!
>*shrugs*
>>
>>44197630
Slothsuvius the old. An ancient druid who has a masterful command of both plant and beast. It is rumored among some of the young slothlings that he can even take the shape of a great megatherium
>>
>>44197760
Going with Shaman Authur. I'll get to writing and prepare for dump.

>>44197926
1. I have done civs in the past.
2. No twitter, but I can make one if you guys really want.
3. I will archive it
>>
>>44197889
>con about doing a random race civ is that I have to find a way to do everything in a few minutes
>can't make huge and complex worlds and histories in the spot

And you call ME young? fucking tripfags.
>>
>>44198029
shhhhh no hostility in the sloth thread. only dreams and moss
>>
>>44197928
>have spymaster slot to infiltrate humans
>he has lvl100 disguise, bluff and persuate
>ppl think he slown because he is an big fat old druid guy
>only once a guy notice he was a slot and bitched to guards
>the guards talked with him and almost put him on jail
>big slot just shrugs
> because of that public humiliation he plans for revenge
>
he becomes the bbeg
>>
>>44198091
please see
>>44196733
>>
>>44198250
i don't reddit
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.