[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TI3 Strategy Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Twilight Imperium.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Twilight Imperium.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
Some friends of mine want to play Twilight Imperium all day on New Year's Day. I have the first expansion, but haven't played much of it.

What combination of strategy cards are the best to use, and why?
>>
I've actually wondered this too.
>>
Initiative
Diplomacy II
Political
Logistics
Trade II
Warfare
Technology II
Imperial
>>
Doesn't switching the trade card negate half of the cat race's racial power?
>>
>>44193792
i suggest not playing a shit game
>>
File: GC.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
GC.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>44195263
>>
File: oh-snap-1322775931.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
oh-snap-1322775931.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>44195263
Shots fired!
>>
I pretty much just use the first expansion cards.

Leadership:
Basically more actions to do for everyone.
Diplomacy II: it is actually usefull till mid game and then later game when there is full out war
Assembly (Political 2 I don't recall the correct name): less shitty version of the original and needed to pass the Speaker token.
Production: more stuff on the table more things to move and die and complete objectives.
Trade II: more money for everyone it kind of helps to encourage backstabbing, or long term alliances.
Warfare II: basically a flank speed and moral boost for a hex you control. It is awesome. And usefull unlike warfare.
Technology II: you get a tech, he gets a tech everyone tech up!
Imperial II or Burocracy: it is basically how you want to play. With full house (4 and 8 players) go with imperial II any other combination use Burocracy.

That is on top of my head.
>>
>>44195238
Nah, every strategy card that dicks over a race sheet has a note on each rulebook

New SC make everyone more powerful.
>>
>>44195391
Oh, no shit? I need to reread the expansion rules apparently.
>>
>>44195598
Basically space Jew Arabian Lions work the same with any trade card.

Space nerd jellyfish get OP they can get free tech when someone else takes Technology II.

Space turtles I don't recall, no one of my group likes playing with them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.