[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Friends and I play some D&D >DM randomly assigns us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: panic.jpg (11 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
11 KB, 200x291
>Friends and I play some D&D
>DM randomly assigns us characters
>All level one
>The Barbarian is the weakest in the group
>The Wizard doesn't know what the fuck he is doing
>No Cleric
>The Cavalier won't stop bitching
>The Thief never steals anything
>A Thief-Acrobat, at level 1?
>First creature we encounter is a baby unicorn. Aww...
>The second is Tiamat FUCKING TIAMAT! GODDESS OF EVIL DRAGONS
>Then some guy shows up and kicks Tiamat's ass in 10 seconds flat
>"Oh hey guys! MEET THE BBEG!"
>Get saved by enigmatic cryptic DMPC who comes and goes as he pleases, railroading to the max.
>Everybody gets a magic item
>What good is my magic bow against FUCKING TIAMAT!?!

Its this or no game. How screwed am I /tg/?
>>
>>44192388
>The second is Tiamat FUCKING TIAMAT! GODDESS OF EVIL DRAGONS
Already at 8/10 on the NOPE scale.
>Then some guy shows up and kicks Tiamat's ass in 10 seconds flat
>"Oh hey guys! MEET THE BBEG!"
>Get saved by enigmatic cryptic DMPC who comes and goes as he pleases, railroading to the max.
NOPE.
Drop it now, do not look back.
>>
>>44192426
Oh shit I missed this part
>>DM randomly assigns us characters
Yeah no, that would already be setting off all kinds of warning bells.
>>
Is it bad that I immediately recognized this even though I was born in 91 and never even watched the D&D cartoon?
>>
>>44192388
I see what you did there.
>>
>tfw you only get a shield and no weapon
>tfw your party members never use their weapons to actually hit any of the enemies
>>
>>44192507
>>44192538
I knew sometrhing was up but just can't grasp it. What's the deal guys?
>>
>>44192507
>Not drawing your nunchucks/sword/daggers/staff to punch enemies while holding them
I bet you don't even like pizza
>>
>>44192826
Shit, meant that for >>44192619
>>
>>44192507
For some reason, I didn't get it until he said Magic Bow. Then it all clicked.

>>44192687
There was a D&D cartoon in the late 80's, and this is a recap of the first episode. Kids at an amusement park end up in the world of D&D, fighting a dude who pimp-slapped Tiamat named..Venger? Helped by the DM, a tiny gnome-like man.
>>
>>44193480
recap of the intro actually
>>
>>44193480
Fuck me, I remember that. One of the characters was a knight with a chicken on his shield. Coincidentally, he didn't like fighting. Don't remember much else, except the gnome wizard and a tiny dragon of some kind, I think.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.