[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you handle the wear and tear/damage of equipment in your game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: W6pa9q6DXw-6[1].png (6 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
W6pa9q6DXw-6[1].png
6 KB, 300x250
How do you handle the wear and tear/damage of equipment in your game?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (71 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
71 KB, 250x249
>>44181710
bump
>>
>>44181710
I just assume it's taken care of in the downtime because it's a pain to track.
>>
I don't.

Bills and regular maintenance are the sort of thing we play these games to escape.
>>
For DnD I either buy the tools needed to maintain shit then usually forget about them, or they're just fucking magic so I don't have to worry about it

For the 40k RPGs I figure most shit of value either has lasted hundreds of years so it's probably fine for my character's life, or it's crap that will be replaced soon enough
>>
I played a blacksmith fighter who happily repairs equipment for his companions and one day hopes to open his own shop and sell all the wonderful equipment he's made to the public.

He eventually married his childhood crush the baker's daughter from his home-town and the two run a Blacksmith and Bakery together.
>>
>>44181710

I don't

Unless it's plot time, then some of their specific equipment breaks.
Or teh legendary quest to find all the pieces and fix it into a whole item bullshit (which I never do).
Other than that, no.
>>
I tend to ignore it. For the style of games I run, it doesn't really add anything to the story.
>>
As GM, I don't worry about general wear and tear, but I will damage or break equipment at random.
>>
>>44181710
OP here. Been brainstorming a homebrew system for the last year or two and thinking about how this sort of thing might work.

I think I agree. Tracking the health of their equipment is a pain in the butt for all involved. I think it would be cool that one character could choose to attack another's armour or weapon, but this could simply be rolling to match or beat a fairly high number, which only increases with the material and craftsmanship. A success equals broken object, fail equals a intact object.
>>
>>44182596
Pathfinder does an alright job of a basic mechanic for damaging equipment
>>
>>44182596
>I think I agree. Tracking the health of their equipment is a pain in the butt for all involved. I think it would be cool that one character could choose to attack another's armour or weapon, but this could simply be rolling to match or beat a fairly high number, which only increases with the material and craftsmanship. A success equals broken object, fail equals a intact object.

Yep.
>>
>>44181710
We don't. Too much hassle.

Also, for simplicity it's assumed that people are taking proper care of their gear. This is assumed along with shit like buying food and bathing.
>>
>>44182251

A dual purpose forge/pizza oven then?

I love that, "a nice, razor sharp broadsword and a hawaiian pizza please, my good sir."
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.