[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degenesis thread! Why are there Mammoths?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: pollen.jpg (182 KB, 1073x745) Image search: [Google]
pollen.jpg
182 KB, 1073x745
No, seriously why are there mammoths?

the books
https://mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w
>>
Okay so I don't know if there's just one guy making these threads and maybe English is not his first language but they are terrible. Like straight up the worst attempt to foster a game or discussion community on /tg/ I have ever seen.

But man I downloaded these books and they are so fucking gorgeous. This is the best RPG art I have ever seen in a book, the character illustrations look incredible and every single one is insanely characterful - you could illustrate this setting to someone just by clipping out all the PC/NPC portraits into one document and giving it to them. I haven't even read all of the rules yet but I want to play this so bad.
>>
>>44180471
FFS you burned the link!

Fucking amateurs.
>>
>>44180590
The themes attract a crowd of pubescent wannabes. Those are quite verbose. Don't mistake the fans for the game. It's actually pretty grown up and, as you stated, very pretty!
>>
>>44180590
oh christ is it pretty. is there collected errata/translation goofs corrections?
>>
But for real guys, where did the mammoths come from?
>>
>>44181299
From the tower on the far north marked with ∀ symbol. They come from it, and go there to die.
>>
>>44181030
Some anon translated the errata and posted a link in the old threads.

I am not sure those haven't already been incorporated into the English version.
>>
File: damn kids.png (948 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
damn kids.png
948 KB, 1024x724
I love the art in the book if just because there's pics like this. For some reason they add so much more to the settings substance by showing kids pretending to be cultists.
>>
>>44180471
>>44180471
They cloned them back, mainly for zoos and stuff.

When the world get cold as fuck they where the best survivors.
>>
what supplements should we expect to be made for the game?
>>
What exactly is the lore on the faumalancers?

Whats the jiggly bit in their spear? Does is do a dance when it detects filthy genetic impurity? Is it the not-nazi version of Sting?
>>
File: ITB_LUCATORE_CLOISTER_lowres.png (1 MB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
ITB_LUCATORE_CLOISTER_lowres.png
1 MB, 1061x1500
>>44183669
So far there is one upcoming called IN THY BLOOD. Seems to be a prewritten adventure.
>>
>>44183669
For now a few adventures are in the make afaik. One larger project appears to be a setting book for America. But these are rumors I heard from people who visit sixmorevodka, which I don't.
>>
>>44183938
pretty sure that's already out anon

>>44183951
I thought the same thing , a couple of other anons pointed out it would most likely be set in franka or britain
>>
Reminders that hybridespaniards are evil as fuck.
>>
Does anyone know where Chapter 10 "The More Danger" is for the stats for Player Clanners? AFAIK, Chapter 10 is "From Hell".
>>
>>44184107
Yes, the Atlantic book is about Europe.
>>
>>44184107
In Thy Blood is centered in Purgare, Territorial Region III and the Anabaptist Zone of Influence.
Black Atlantic is Britain/Franka.
>>
>>44184214
I think that's an error of some kind, the clanners don't have basic stat blocks, but it's quite easy to make them.
>>
Can a person with Resources take ammo? Or is ammo so rare that you only receive it via the dice roll?
>>
Wait wait wait, does a gun in a salvo do like, in the example of a submachine gun, do damage for each individual bullet? so, a full salvo on one person is 7 damage three times, plus +3?
>>
>>44184861
The Salvo quality basically allows you to spend extra bullets (equal to the quality of the salvo attribute) for a boost to your basic attack. Each bullet fired gives your attack +1 to Handling and Damage each, but usually you still only make one single attack. So in your example, it'd only be the weapon's 7 damage once, plus 3 for the three bullets.

So in terms of pure damage, firing a salvo is less effective than firing several single shots. However, it can be handy if you need to take down a target right the hell now and can't afford to miss.

However, it also allows you to spread the shots out to try and hit several targets. In that case, each target hit receives the weapon's base damage once, plus what's left of the salvo-damage bonus after it's been divided between them and rounded down.
>>
>>44185227
But aren't I hitting a person with three bullets? Why would I ever Salvo one person? Seems expensive.
>>
>>44183796
Famulancers are medical students. Some of them becomes doctors and some of them becomes soldiers.

And that thingy in the test tube is a muscle sample soaked in primer or something. It jiggles when near psychonauts, burners, sepsis, etc.
>>
>>44185370
>Why would I ever Salvo one person?

Most of the time you wouldn't, really. It's only really useful if you need just that bit of extra oomph (note that the +D to the handling also offer you a chance for more triggers) to put a guy with high armour or defense in the ground right now. You could probably easily houserule it to just do the multiple of the base damage without breaking anything, as long as you keep the ammo sufficiently scarce.
>>
>>44184809
There is no resource value for ammo and it's not even a cult equipment.
>>
>>44185905
Right, but someone with Resources could just take a brand new gun from their Cult with a full mag whenever they return. So wouldn't it make sense for ammo to have a resource value, each faction just claims their normally used rounds or ammo is given a general resource score based off its rarity and the character can get a mag of it.

It's either that or participating in the trade aspect of the game. But if you are a Paler Phantom who doesn't trade you wouldn't be able to operate too long with an SMG that your enemies don't use, and a low dice pool for ammo per month. I could be missing a big aspect here, but part of being an RPG is not having to take part in all aspects of a game.

Tldr: How could someone avoid participating in trade but still operate a gun with unique ammo types?
>>
>>44186004
>with a full mag
Eh? If memory serves me, you never get free ammo with gun, unless you take it from your enemy's corpse of course.

Anyway, cult can give you ammo if it's needed for mission (aka gm fiat).
>>
>>44186101
yeah, but what would using your resources to take another machine pistol for, using that anon's example? I get that it's cult equipment so trading is kinda... out of the question, but why the option?
>>
I'm a little confused about weapon and armor mods.

Can you install them at chargen for any clan? Because only Hellvetic ranks give you +1 or +2 upgrades for Trailblazer (does it stack with standard slots?). Also, I don't understand what they mean by "you can relocate Trailblazer slots".

If you use "Remove Quality" augmentation, do you get more slots, or is it just for removing bad qualities?
>>
>>44186159
I'm confused by the Trailblazer too, because it says you can upgrade its damage, but do you just a +1 because of the rank upgrade, or do you get it because you install some mod? As far as I can see, there's no damage mod like there's a "scope" mod
>>
>>44186173
To increase damage for a gun you would change the barrel, in-turn changing the ammo that you use for gun. Which means you do more damage per shot.
>>
BEND OVER WHITE BOI: the game
>>
>>44186273
Just a longer barrel should give you more muzzle energy and range.
>>
>>44183951
An America setting book? Really?
>>
>>44186159
>>44186173
I got something from the forums.

>The Trailblazer is a special case and can be modified like this: With integrated mods like the bayonet and the rifle bipod which don't use up any slots.
So, free bayonet and bipod for everyone, yay.

>Level 1 upgrades always cost 1 slot. Level 2 upgrades respectively 2 slots. ( As stated in Katharsys p. 132 you can reallocate the slots when your character rises in ranks.)

>Mod | Lvl 1 | Lvl 2
>Range | +20% | +40%
>Damage | +1 | +2
>Handling | +1 | +2
>They don't add up. That means Lvl 2 replaces a Lvl 1 mod.
So you just get a free upgrades when you reach Corporal and Grenadier, and can shuffle them when you return to base. And damage mods are unique for Trailblazer, as there' no way to increase damage without changing the barrel, as >>44186273 said.
>>
>>44186340
Why not? There are small hints about America not being dead all over both books. Especially in Neolybians' section where it's stated that nigs are actually preparing an expedition there.
>>
>>44186340
The book will be about Britain and Franks, from what I understood. An anon posted the Aquitaine section of the Franka part, it was relevant. (I'm at work ATM and can't post it)
>>
>>44186424
Even with the Black Atlantic book concerning itself mostly with Franka/Britain, we may see a bit more information on North America. MAYBE. I wouldn't be all that broken up if it goes unmentioned. It'd be neat though.
>>
>>44186322
>2595
>Not being a Hybrispanian
LITERALLY the only people who don't pussy out.

Kill all negros.

>Inb4 butthurt nordicks, shitaliers and african'ts
>>
>>44187605
>implying culture even matter
>>
>>44187605
>LITERALLY the only people who don't pussy out.

Ever heard of Helena vom Himmelstjoch? Might want to look up some info about her because she is cockblocking the Afrikans harder than the Hybretards will ever do.
Also, while you're commiting yourself to mutant fungi bitches just to win another day there are Shutters, Fuses and Arianoi out there who assassinate Neolybians, incite slave revolts and GET SHIT DONE
>>
>>44187845
*Timmelsjoch
derp
>>
>>44186370
It seems like Southern Africa, Middle East, Russia, and China would be somewhat more relevant since they're all pretty close instead of across an ocean (albeit behind certain obstacles), and the latter two already had some envoys manage to get into the current locations.

That said, America's fine too. It'd be interesting to see how the Primer turned out over there, being completely isolated from the other strains. Also, novo Aztec Empire now.
>>
File: Atlantic_Primer.jpg (33 KB, 323x456) Image search: [Google]
Atlantic_Primer.jpg
33 KB, 323x456
>>44187928
There's no primer over there, mate. It could'nt find anything to bind to. The yellowstone and other vulcans erupted and most of the people died either during the meteor crash or in the years of raining ash afterwards. I believe somewhere was stated that central america is now a verdant grassland, ready for colonization.

South Afrika ist buried beneath the southpole, the rest ist covered in psychovores. They also form an impenetrable barrier towards Asia, along with the kilometers of septic wastelands in russia. Maybe there's somethign left in china/india, but I think that at least Japan should be fine, provided Mt. Fuji didn't erupt.

The atlantic is home to some scary primer shit, though I don't know if it developed before or after the polar caps isolated the seas from each other.
What I do know is that the primer in the atlantik seems to be parasitic in nature and may be bound to corals. I believe the picture doesn't show a Psychonaut but rather the maritime equivalent of a leperos.
>>
>>44187845
>Helena vom Himmelstjoch
where do you see anything about her other than she makes scrappers and clanners afraid
>>
>>44181299
IIRC, they found a frozen one (in Russia somewhere I think?) and recovered DNA from it, and managed to clone it. This was before the Eshaton, and it became a sort of Zoo business, and it seems they survived all these years.
>>
>>44188074
In the part of Katharsys that's restricted to GMs.

She's denying passage to all Afrikans, which slowly leads to a civil war inside of Helvetica
>>
>>44188047
I'd add that the atlantic primer seems to be not very smart yet, its going after things with motors and tearing them apart but the Lepoards are stated to have managed to sail around them by using well, sails. And getting around the horn is theoretically possible according to the books just, no ones ever come back from it. Personally I'd love to see an india or china focused book or even a south pacific/Australia.
>>
An online game of Degenesis to play through In Thy Blood which I am in is gonna start within the next few days.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>44188123
While other regions would be cool, I don't think that sixmorevodka will ever officially adress them, aside from a few sidenotes maybe. They put so much efford into their world that anything beyond it would be a hindrance. They also have to flash out what they allready have, there will be adventures with major metaplot advances for every culture, as well as splatbooks for each cult. If we assume 3 official releases each year it's gonna be a lot of time until they have room for more.
>>
>>44188138
I do wish you luck. You're gonna need it. Remember: A fast running player is a long living player, heroes just get killed.
>>
>>44188163
very true, and really that'll be fine. I can't wait for cult specific books or more stuff like black atlantic that cover regions.
>>
>>44188047
Those borders might not be perfectly impassable, there'd been a small fleet of Chinese ships that managed to get all the way to Franka quite a while post-Eschaton. Dunno how far the southern polar ice has advanced since then, but it doesn't seem impossible that the cape of good hope might still be navigable. Similarly, the Discordance belt next to Istanbul might somehow end up being passable.
>>
>>44188185
The landing of the fleet was 290 years ago. I'm still looking for it, but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere stated that the cape of good hope has frozen over since then.
>>
>>44188243
Scrap that, Afrika is too far north to be frozen by the southpole. It's south America that's been frozen. So yeah, someone insane enough could try to sail around afrika.
>>
>tfw spics are the bad guys and the aryans are the good guys as it should

best feel lads, now if someone got to genocide all demn niggas.
>>
>>44188377
you mean the ones the spitalians are working with?
>>
>>44188267
That also means that the 6th Raptus could potencially cover 70% of the world, without anything we can do about it.
Well.....

Shit
>>
File: tumblr_nn0v23mgiw1qjrmh1o1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn0v23mgiw1qjrmh1o1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1138x1600
>>44188377
There aren't actually any Aryans in the setting.
>>
Could someone sum this up for me? Cannay download the PDFs right now.
>>
>>44188420
>>44188384
Stop replying to obvious bait. It's the class clown of those threads. He posts some shit about cucks and niggers and contributes nothing to the discussion.
>>
>>44188446
check out their website:
http://degenesis.com/

Also, watch their trailers on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk

Come back if you have questions, I am not in the mood of writing books right now.
>>
>>44188497
>Come back if you have questions
Tabletop RPG books now have trailers?
How deep the atmosphere is embedded in the game mechanics? I am only interested in the setting, since all I run are games running GURPS.
>>
>>44188560
>Tabletop RPG books now had trailers?

No, just the ones that care about tone and atmosphere. Degenesis, for example.
>>
>>44188560
there is one whole book built on detailing the setting.
>>
>>44188446
Phew. Very, very condensed version: In 2073, a large swarm of asteroids hit Earth. The immediate consequences were nothing short of catastrophic. Tsunamis, earthquakes, and absolutely massive tectonic shifts completely overthrew the old way of life. But that was only the start of things. Most of the western nations were quite highly advanced at the time, and by and large managed to deal. The real trouble started afterwards.

Over the next several hundred years (the game is set in 2595), there was a major shift in climates. The northern and southern ice caps expanded massively (as seen in >>44188420 ), rendering much of northern Europe inhospitable. At the same time northern Africa ended up getting much more rain, transforming it into a verdant and lush tropical zone.

More importantly though is that the asteroids that caused all this brought something with them, called the Primer. Nobody exactly knows what precisely it is, but in effect the Primer is a kind of catalyst for hugely accelerated evolution. In Europe, it produced a fungal infestation called Sepsis. Sepsis (which seems at least somewhat sentient) creates great mother fields of fungi that periodically release great clouds of spores to permeate itself. These spores will infest humans and embed themselves in their system. In small doses it's not a significant problem, but the more severe the spore infestation the more the victim will lose its mind as it gets more and more in tune with the hive mind of the Sepsis. Much worse still, if humans are exposed to these spores in childhood or in utero, they will eventually undergo a violent, severe mutation later on, transforming them into a new form of life: Homo Degenesis. The effect of these mutations varies depending on the particular strain of Sepsis (there's one spreading out from each asteroid impact sites), but they're all bad news. Some of the Degenesis seek to subjugate humans, some cooperate with them, but always at a price.
>>
>>44188560
This game has the most well developed backgrounds I have ever seen in a game. The metaplot is so thick that you can carve it into monuments and everything flows into eachother so nicely that you just want to try all of it.
>>
So I had this idea about ASUMO basically guarding a tech 2 clanner village but I fail to come up for reason why and how it has not ran out of power.
Any ideas?
>>
>>44188459
>cucks
what
>>
>>44187845
Hyberspanians have lead the biggest slave revolt in Africa and have seized Tunis, cutting off the Scourgers from there supply lines. (It's where they get their armor and weapons.)
>>
>>44188621
Thank you very much. I will look into it next year, when I have time. Physical copy worth purchasing? I prefer books to e readers.
>>
>>44188688
somewhere in the AMSUMO chapter there's a box about an experimental membrane that functions as a miniature reactor, so the energy problem's already taken care of.
As for his motivation, the 2^16 signature could have altered his personality, though it might be good to know what kind of guardian you want: Batman or Cap. America?
>>
>>44188724
Look up the PDFs.
Personally when I get cash I will buy the hardcovers because holyfukkenshit they are pretty
>>
>>44188724
I got the White Edition, and despite the pricetag, I am *very* satisfied with the product. The books are of very good and high quality, the art is great, the books are very thick (they are both the same thickness as a regular game), and the sleeve the books are kept in is really nice too. It's clean and crisp.

I like it.
>>
>>44188747
Also, both books have one of those bookmark bands in each of them, whatever those are called. Which is also useful.
>>
>>44188446
>>44188621
With all this shit happening, it's little surprise that most of the civilisations in Europe crumbled and fell apart, in places even devolving down to essentially stone-age level. Instead of governments or nations, there were only Clans left scattered around the countryside. The force that finally brought them back into a semblance of order were the Cults: Groups of people devoted to a particular idea or way of life. There are for example the Spitalians, leftovers of a pre-apocalyptic Red Cross turned militant, with their sole aim being the eradication of the Sepsis. Or the Chroniclers, who are obsessed with gathering information and with the eventual goal of recreating what's essentially an Internet.

Down in Africa they don't have any Sepsis, but instead have to deal with Psychovores. These are incredibly fast-growing and aggressive plants that are highly poisonous and actively hostile to humans coming into their vicinity. They have formed an impenetrable belt that entirely cuts off central Africa and the Middle East. Still, it's not as actively spreading as the Sepsis, so the Africans are by and large better off and have more time focusing on internal affairs.

As if all of that wasn't enough, there are a number of other assorted dangers to be found around the world. There are Marauders, seemingly immortal and highly powerful individuals dating back to before the fall. One of them has just recently made himself leader of a number of primitive eastern clans and launched a giant invasion towards Europe's heartlands. There are also the Sleepers, cryogenically preserved gene-modified soldiers hidden in bunkers who are periodically awoken and sent out into the world to work on some impenetrable grand scheme.

All of this is really just scratching at the surface. The setting is really fucking dense with all kinds of stuff, and you can easily run campaigns focusing just on any one of them without ever really running into most of the others.
>>
>>44188777
I couldn't afford the black one, or I would've gotten it instead.
>>
>>44188722
And who do think organized the whole thing?

Yet all you can do is drawing out your demise by sacrificing your own children to mutant magicians who use them to further their goal of wiping out humanity.

Even the Balkhani managed to drive off the Afrikans, and those guys are usually fighting themself!
>>
>>44188786
During the black friday sale it was 75€! I would've gotten it if I had access to the store, but poor timed vacations ruined the day
>>
>>44188830
I know, but I had already pre-ordered the white one before launch, and paying 75 more euros for a thing I essentially already had was not a fancy for me.

I got the pdf for free though due to the whole Black Friday debacle, and a -10% voucher on the In Thy Blood pdf, so I'm not exactly that upset.
>>
>>44188047
All we know about North America is that Yellowstone got lit up and that the Primer failed to thrive there because of it. It never says anything about there not being any survivors or the length of time the ashfall lasted. There is literally nothing else mentioned about the situation in NorthAm.
And honestly I find it unbelievable that everyone in North America died. People over dramatize a Yellowstone eruption by a large margin. The fly over states and parts of the west coast would have been fucked up in the short term but everything east of the Mississippi river would have received only a light dusting of ash. 500 years post Eshaton the situation would be vastly improved.
>>
File: 1449966869056.jpg (141 KB, 563x364) Image search: [Google]
1449966869056.jpg
141 KB, 563x364
I was thinking about doing a campaign set in London, is there much lore on this city outside of "Britain is the Vulture's lair"?
>>
So, how fucked is Justitian if nothing is done to the cockroach clan? Also, how long until said cannibals end up finding a way to spread sepsis?

>>44188880
its also really cold?
>>
>>44188846
I allready had the german White Edition since christmas, but dayuuuuum. DAYYYYYUUUUUM I SAY!
>>
>>44188880
Not until Black Atlantic is published. All we know is that everyone who tries to enter Britain get's hunted down by the Pictons in the name of Argyre.
>>
>>44188880
Not from what I know at least, I also want to know more. Because the whole VULTURE'S LAND NO GIRLS ALLOWED makes me super curious what's going on over there.

>>44188895
Yea. I hadn't expected such a gift (nor asked for it either), but I appreciate it, and I am just glad that the devs realised what the consequence of it all had been and that they understood the anger from their customers.
>>
>>44188932
any eta on that?
>>
>>44188880
As other anon said, you got to wait for the book. But I see a shitton of plot hooks already. Like PCs getting captured, equipped with the exploding collar, and set to work for the Vulture. They have to forget their differences and work together to both escape and stop Marauder's grand plan that would endanger the whole Europe. Or something like that.
>>
>>44188958
A big part it was finished almost a year a go, but the guy responsible for it founded a cafe and had no time to finish it since then. Nobody knows when it's gonna be done, but I guess it's early on next year.
>>
>>44188974
I don't think Argyre would want to fuck Europe. He, Aspera and Gusev visited the Spital after the Eshaton and helped those guys establish their cult, so he's one of the good guys
>>
Post scenario ideas.
PCs get mixed up into a conflict between jehads and clanners over a stolen pet goat only to find out that it is actually carrying an artifact around its collar and was taken by chroniclers paid thugs.
>>
>>44189047
Eh, I was just being overdramatic.
>>
Odd question but are cities of today still there in ruins or has the premafrost crumbled it all? Would it be like fallout 4's cities?
>>
>>44188420
If we go for le epin /pol/ aryan there are, borca and franka, pollen too (kinda).

Arguably the non non-aryan (white-ish?) are iberia, south italy and balcans there
>>
>>44184107
>>44183669
Britain is infact the next ones.
A mate of mine once explained to me something about the metaphysical representation and how certain part corrolate to mind, genitals and shit, ending with how the devs are expanding on that with britain.
>>
>>44189155
Yeah, I was mostly going my "historical" aryan. Depending on who you go by that would be either India/Persia, which are cut off by Psychovores, or northern Germany/Scandinavia, which is permafrosted.
>>
File: chakra-poster.jpg (104 KB, 594x756) Image search: [Google]
chakra-poster.jpg
104 KB, 594x756
>>44189220
Every phenomenon of the Primer is tied with one of the earth/human chakras. The 5 from the corebook are already established, Black Atlantic will flash out Swadisthana and there's speculation that the crown chakra is either represented in the psychovores and Anubians or slowly forming in that nanite-bombed spore field in borca
>>
>>44189220
You mean the Chakras? Each impact site/type of sepsis is associated with a Chakra from indian mysticism. For example, Mirar that spawned the Precognotics is associated the forehead Chakra Ajna, which in real life is associated with intuition, clarity, and inner guidance. The other four sites have similar associations (see also the list of burn types on pg 188 Katharsys)

The only Chakra that hasn't been assigned yet is the crown Chakra Sahasrara. It deals with concepts like higher consciousness, unity, or detachement from the body. In buddhism it's essential for achieving nirvana. So there's a pretty decent chance that whatever breed of Degenesis might be found in britain are somehow related to that.
>>
>>44189351
It'll be very interesting to see what the new psychonauts can do with their powers.
inb4 pornomancers
>>
File: 61251652123.png (986 KB, 2132x1632) Image search: [Google]
61251652123.png
986 KB, 2132x1632
R8 my qt 2.0.
>>
>>44189790
There's an English Character creator out? Gib
>>
>>44189835
http://www.degenesis.com/character-en/
>>
>>44189835
It's on their website, under "Downloads"
>>
>>44189844
Oh, derp: Thanks.
>>
>>44189790
>Corporal
>No leadership at all
>>
>>44189888
Perfectly possible. Corporal is the default rank for grown-ups (Hellvetics become soldiers and get their weapons at 14), and I'm pretty sure the Command can distinguish people who can lead from people who shoot things and follows orders, and form squads accordingly. Besides, I planned her to be a perfect soldier (and she's pretty good at shooting stuff and pathfinding for a person straight out of chargen), following orders and never questioning her superiors until she hears about Helena and the Northern Territorial Region. She'd be instantly inspired by her example, hence the Healer concept.
>>
>>44189050
Oh man, I made a bunch of these while reading the books.

>You stumble across a dead Judge still stapped to her horse. She has been dead for some time, and has a number of arrows poking out of her back. She has a messanger satchel still on her person. Perhaps someone would want this?

>The ground under a caravan gives way, exposing a forgotten basement with a heavy door. Getting everything out of this hole will involve plunging deeper into this forgotten laboratory maze.

>A particular scrapper knows where to find a lost bygoner cache of things, in a long forgotten base abandoned by time. Chroniclers, Spitaliers and Judges want to get their hands on him.
>A fort from the old times sinks and rises with a regular period in Pollen. It has only ever been plundered once, by a lost team of scavengers. Only one of them survived. Many seek the legend of this place, and they all want the scavenger to lead them there.

>A wastelander has stumbled onto a still functional computer system/Stream fragment, called it a god and is creating a cult out of worship of it. They are becoming dangerous, raiding villages and clans for victims they sacrifice to it.

>Chronicler Drafts. Neolibyan Dinars. They are currency. People want currency. Currency needs to be transported to people. These transports and caravans can be robbed.

>There was born a two headed oracle. One head speaks only truth, the other only lies. Do you seek your fortune?

>A shooting star has fallen from the heavens somewhere to the east. The land glowed for hours after it fell. Another meteor or something else, something from the bygoners that has returned?

>Special detachment Hellvetics assigned to guard a wealthy, neolibyan trader who is in the Balkhin Viovodes. Many want to kill him. Perhaps that is what you are hired for as well.
>>
>>44190043
>Special detachment Hellvetics assigned to guard a wealthy, neolibyan trader who is in the Balkhin Viovodes. Many want to kill him. Perhaps that is what you are hired for as well.

This could be particularly fun if your group is cool with being at odds with each other. Give each player a secret objective from their respective cult together with a overriding directive of secrecy and non-traceability and watch the pieces fly.
>>
>>44190043
>An Anabaptist emissary and his disciples stand in a village. Judges and Chroniclers stand opposite them. The clanners must pick a side as both want to work here, but there is hardly room for two groups.
>Problems are complicated. A young judge and anabaptist have been slain. Perhaps someone works to have them fight each other? Who would benefit? And why did these two youths from opposing camps disappear together only to wind up dead?

>The Witchfinder General. An anabaptist fanatic, roaming the pagan tribes, dragging their women out, purging them of witches and their pagan beliefs.
>His escapades collide with a Judge in a particular town on the edge of both their territories.

>A neolibyan merchant has in his possession a map of the old world. on it, there are places of power marked, places containing great vaults of information, storehouses of wealth, and promises of fortune, glory and fame. Most are lost to time. But one or more show promise. Finding them, sending swarms of scrappers, scavengers and worse into them, might return riches beyond measure, and ancient power only the Hellvetics or Sleepers can dream of.

>A hygienist Spitalian travels to the wastes, visiting local villages and clans. A thin, gaunt woman of close to middle age, clad in black and white suit, and gas mask. She seeks to ensure they are continuing their proper practices, keeping the water clean, checking the people for diseases and signs of epidemics.
>Naturally, she needs body guards.
>>
I think it would be cool to play a rising (straight out of chargen) Neolybian trader who wants to organize the expedition to frozen Europe so he could build a fortune.

He could hire a shitton of people, provide them with weapons, and just pay his way through everything (whopping 5k dinars on chargen, fuck yeah).
>>
>>44190203
I like big epic campaigns with big epic goals that shake the foundations of the world they're in, so my objective for an endgame quest would be finding a way for Europe to start producing its own gasoline.
>>
>>44190263
I know very little about this setting as yet...

but I'd damn well play the Rigger-equivalent for a game like that...(I like tech-goals, and long term goals...)

by the by...
how does this game handle the "maker of machines" kind of archetype?
how are the vehicles?
weapons?
customization?
what sort of crafts skills are there?(forging and machining are vastly different for example)
>>
>>44190342
There's literally a Cult that's all about tinkering with tech all the time, the Scrappers. The item system is decently well-attuned to that as well, each item has a certain amount of modification slots that can be used for a variety of upgrades or sidegrades. You can totally take a shitty little pistol and convert it to fire .50 BMG, for example. There are a variety of land vehicles and ships that can be similarly upgraded. You can get yourself a catamaran and mount a goddamn catapult on it. Or a cannon, but that'd be boring.

There are three skills that can be used for crafting: Engineering, which encompasses most of the general mechanical stuff and tends to be the most common. Next there's Science, which reflects more high-tech components and technology. Finally there's Artifact Lore, which is about reactivating and using pre-apocalyptic technology.
>>
>>44190422
>>44190342
Oh whoops, also forgot the most basic skill, Crafting. That one's actually for the very most basic stuff, like melee weapons or bows, whereas Engineering tends to feature somewhat more sophisticated stuff like most guns or simple engines.
>>
>>44190422
I think Artifact Lore is more about identifying ancient tech than reactivating it. For example: You'd need an artifact lore skill check to know that thing in front of you is a smartphone, but you'll need engineering to repair the circuits. (you confused the crafting skill with engineering and that with science, science is more about understanding the, well, sciences, whereas engineering is about making/modifying anything that needs more than a simple combination of things)
>>
>>44190524
>>44190422
so it's possible to run a character that makes things.
this is good.

is it viable to take lots of Craft, Engineer, and Science at chargen?
>I'm seeing if it's worth reading all of those well illustrated pdfs for a game my local group will probably never play but that I might find a roll-20 or skype game for...

would a crafting major character be any good anyplace else?(combat, medic, demo, etc...)
are there explosives rules in this game?
can I distill explosives from plants/animals/etc.?

>land vehicles
I know drones are out of the question, BUT would something like
http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1450160390359.jpg
be out of the question?
would a pair of sped up ballistae be possible if the .30 cal guns weren't?
>>
File: Fury_Road_WarRig_001.jpg (136 KB, 876x534) Image search: [Google]
Fury_Road_WarRig_001.jpg
136 KB, 876x534
>>44190693
Prepare the War Rig!
>>
>>44190619
Yah, I was thinking Science and Artifact Lore more in the sense of combined tests. E.g. when you want to build an impromptu missile launcher the GM might call on you to do Science+Engineering to figure out the right mixture and amount of propellant, whereas Artifact+Engineering might be used to integrate a pre-apocalyptic computer into your ship's autopilot or something.

But you're right, Crafting and Engineering are definitely the primary skills for building shit, the others might pop up in certain unique situations.
>>
File: 1322801628845.jpg (46 KB, 600x189) Image search: [Google]
1322801628845.jpg
46 KB, 600x189
>>44190716
>rampant case of the skulls
>random shit welded to the hub-caps
>Bent Vessel
>cringing_engineers.jpg

if I'm having something like that it'll damn well be be more sensibly laid out...
>>
>>44190767
>implying proper engineers built War Rigs and not crazy Clanner wasteland nomads

Do you even V8, m8?
>>
>>44190693
Yep, cars like those probably exist. Cars are expensive and need fuel though, and it's rare. But there are also giant trains that contain small cities, and giant trucks.
>>
>>44190791
most certainly not.
for a post apoc setting I'd want a strait-6 or a strait-8. lower operation speeds, higher torque, if it's mounted non-transverse there's definitely gonna be plenty of space under the hood to reach tricky components post apoc of the 500 year kind means I'd want a diesel that can run on just about any veggie oil I can find and purify...

>>44190831
>But there are also giant trains that contain small cities, and giant trucks.
less interesting...

>cars like those probably exist. Cars are expensive and need fuel though, and it's rare.
(singing along to the man in black)
"I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime. you'll know its me when I roll through your to-wn!..."

that and if vegetable oil exists then the designs of Rudolf Diesel will certainly run.
>>
>>44190693
>is it viable to take lots of Craft, Engineer, and Science at chargen?
Absolutely. The system is set up in such a way that any character from any cult can reasonably be trimmed to fulfill any role, though of course certain combinations are particularly convenient. Even without min/maxing too much you can reasonably get up to 8 dice (out of a maximum of 12) in either or even several of those skills without being painfully crippled otherwise.

>would a crafting major character be any good anyplace else?(combat, medic, demo, etc...)
Most likely, especially due to the way attributes and skills interact. Essentially, your dice pool for a given action is the number of points in both the skill as well as the governing attribute. So if you invest a lot of points into the Intelligence attribute for Engineering, you'll also be at least reasonably good at Medicine since that's governed by Intelligence as well. Same with shooting people and AGI/Crafting. Additionally, being a dedicated Scrapper usually means that you'll have the raddest weapons and armour of your group (unless you have a Hellvetic along), and it can even be a decent source of income.

>are there explosives rules in this game?
There are, though they're fairly simple. Explosions have a certain starting damage, which is reduced by 1 per 1 meter distance from the point of origin. Still very dangerous, though.

>can I distill explosives from plants/animals/etc.?
I don't think that's explicitly provided for in the rules, hash it out with your GM

>land vehicles
That kind of thing would absolutely be possible. There's a type of car that's reasonably close to that kind of truck, and one of the possible weapons to put on it is a Harpoon, which should be a decently close approximitation to ballistae.
>>
>>44190831
I'd never let something like the war rig happen. The best my PCs could get would be a tractor, a carriage or a one-way ride on a surge tank towards africa, at least as long as they're outside of the Neolybian trade range. The whole idea behind primal punk is that cars and guns are so old that nobody knows how to build them anymore or get the necessary things to operate them.
>>
>>44190976
>nobody knows how to build a car
>but a Neolibyan Surge Tank and Tankers are perfectly normal

dude what
>>
>>44190976
Yep, but Enemoi and the train clan disagree.
>>
>>44190976
Don't the Apocalyptics have motorbikes and stuff?
>>
>>44191136
Yeah, and the entire Clan of the Enemoi are basically one big bunch of truckers riding around in a never-ending convoy. Vehicles are essentially so rare that no ordinary individual person has a hope of getting or even seeing them, but people who are part of a larger organisation with significant resources (like, say, a Cult) can get to them if they invest sufficient time and effort.
>>
>>44190998
Those are all pre-eshatologian artifacts found and recycled by the Africans. They are also the ones with the oilfields, that's why they can pretty much use all the fuel they want.

>>44191004
The Storskis are using simple trains that are build after old designs and run on charcoal and water.
The Enemoi are a bunch of incestious rednecks whose families are using the same 5 trucks as 500 years ago. They spend most of their time stationary and trade the fuel they need with the Hellvetics and Neolybians
>>
>>44191136
They have, but only the ones close to the mediterran ports can actually use them.
>>
File: Roma.png (1 MB, 2492x883) Image search: [Google]
Roma.png
1 MB, 2492x883
>>44191214
Like these two, I assume?
>>
>>44191325
Yeah, Roma is a Hotspot of neolybian trade
>>
>>44190954
>engineer+medic+demo guy...
yeah, damn right I'd do this...limit my combat to a grenade launcher or vehicle mounted doodad...
>are syringe guns a thing?
>drugs for the party, drugs for the badguys?(are there fun drugging mechanics?)
>anything that may drive off the filthy mutant scum?
>also fire, lots and lots of fire, napalm a thing?

>being a dedicated Scrapper usually means that you'll have the raddest weapons and armour of your group
starting equip? or crafting is that powerful?
can I give that to other party members?(are there classes/cults/cultures that restrict this?)

>one of the possible weapons to put on it is a Harpoon,
YES

>and it can even be a decent source of income.
how decent? on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is
"If I fix your radio will you give me a free meal?"
and 10 is.
"if I fix your radio will you give me your firstborn"

>explosives
meh, I can deal with that...

>hash it out with your GM
"you know damn well that the human race has been distilling volatile substances for millennia, are you gonna say that humanity would forget it's oldest friend, Liquor?"
>>
File: alcoholismyfriend.jpg (76 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
alcoholismyfriend.jpg
76 KB, 900x676
>>44191894
>are you gonna say that humanity would forget it's oldest friend, Liquor?"
>>
>>44191956
thank you, I had misplaced my "mimetic shortcut" folder...
>>
>>44188776
>>44188621
Someone should pastebin this and start linking it in the OP.
>>
>>44191894
No

The Anababtists have their elysian oils, and of course there's Burn, if you want to get some benefits of the Primer and some fire from the Spitalians and Anababtists. I'm sure the're more drugs, but those aren't statted.

The Spitalians have fungicide launchers (don't know the english name)

Anababtists have flamethrowers that use alcohol. Spitalians too

>being a dedicated Scrapper usually means that you'll have the raddest weapons and armour of your group
scrappers just have the gear with the most mod slots and can add more slots for xp. Most of the clults will get mad if you use their gear without permission, so be prepared for some friendly questions about the origin of your gear and some geeking afterwards.
>>
>>44192132
>The Spitalians have fungicide launchers (don't know the english name)

Fungicide Rifles is what they're called in English, IIRC.
>>
>>44191894
Syringe guns sorta exist in the shape of Injectors, but they're usually exclusive to the cult of the Spitalians, and can only be used at touching ranges (i.e. classified as a melee weapon). Similarly, the Agents actually used in conjunction with that gun are also usually restricted to Spitalians. Though of course there's not much keeping you from just starting as a Spitalian in the first place and tweaking him towards crafting, or alternatively just get some contacts on the black market.

Drugs are so prominent they comprise an entire chapter. They're called "Burn" and are basically a subspecies of the Sepsis fungus. When inhaling them they act like a very strong combat stimulant and additionally grant unique effects depending on their origin, like the inability to feel fear or even (very mild) prescience. However, using them means increasing your spore infestation. The more you have, the more distrustful certain cults will be of you (some might outright opt to cull you outright), and if you go past a certain threshold you pretty much lose your mind for good. Spitalians can de-spore you, but that shit's expensive.
Also, there are some additonal minor drugs unique to certain cults, like Elysian Oils for Anabaptists or medical stimulants/narcotics for Spitalians.

Spitalians (I feel like I keep mentioning them all the time, they're rad) have certain biowarfare agents that weaken and harm Abberants. Anubians also have certain weapons that are particularly effective against them due to mystical mumbo jumbo.

Absolutely. Anabaptists have flamethrowers (and love them dearly), Jehammedans have molotovs, and Spitalians war-crime it up with white phosphorous. All of them are really damn deadly, since armour usually doesn't protect against fire.
>>
>>44191894
>>44192213
>starting equip? or crafting is that powerful?
It's the crafting. Their trademark weapon starts out as a simple muzzle-loaded blackpowder gun, but it has the highest modification capacity possible. So you can transform it into a rapid-firing double-barreled .50 rifle, or in a shotgun with a grinder that fires whatever random scrap you throw into it, or whatever else tickles your fancy. Scrappers also have the unique ability to give equipment more modifications than it technically has slots for by spending XP on it.

>can I give that to other party members?(are there classes/cults/cultures that restrict this?)
Absolutely, every Cult can technically use the modification rules and try to mod stuff themselves, though usually Scrappers are best at it. There's nothing keeping you from just modding all their stuff, though some of the more religiously-minded Cults may object to having their holy Talismans messed with.

>how decent? on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is
Sort of around a 4, I'd say. It usually works by way of gathering scrap, possibly refining it into higher quality, and then selling it off to the Chroniclers who buy that stuff in bulk. It depends a bit on how long your GM will let you search at a time, but if you were to spend a day searching and refining in good spot might reasonably net you ~200 CD (there's some pretty high variance here depending on your skills and luck), which is about enough to buy for example a good gas mask, 20 rounds of buckshot ammo, or some simple armour. For another comparison, 200 CD is about the amount of money that poorer Cults start with at chargen, while wealthier ones are closer to ~400. The Neolybians cheat and start out with ~5000.
>>
>>44192132
>syringe guns; no
well, thats a small thing there.

>drugs; mostly no
still some yes which is good, no meth or cocaine though...still that was only a light interest...
>(I am being investigated for cocaine dealing IRL, I don't, but it's always a funny thing to add into games in my opinion...)

>fungicide launcher
I like this far more than
>>44192160
>Fungicide Rifles
and I say that as an American dialect English speaker.

>alcohol based flame-throwers
"yes officer this is in fact a scrapper made thrower of fire, and not a spitalian model with the iconography scratched off"

>cults are bitchy about gear sharing
are they bitchy about me modding my comrades gear?

>>44192213
>or alternatively just get some contacts on the black market.
this may be a thing that I do...

>Drugs are so prominent they comprise an entire chapter.
so drugs=yes, but people will now purge a filthy meth-head instead of merely shunning him...I'm okay with that...

> molotovs, and [...] white phosphorous.
KILL EVERYTHING WITH FIRE

>>44192447
>It's the crafting...
(THE ENGINEERING INTENSIFIES)

>may object to having their holy Talismans messed with.
"is okay, I didn't break the talisman, I just engraved this armour plate so you could socket it into place without the string of beads..."
I can do marginally irreverent bastard if I have to...

>scrappers can produce swag
"if I fix your villages electronics all day you will get me several hot bitches for the next week"
I can handle that...

yes I think I'll invest some time in reading these books...and perhaps look for a game someday online...
>>
So, a theory on marauders that's a little tenuous but, they were the people in the Cryo-vaults of that the palers ripped out to fill with sleepers. There's a very brief mention that some of them were still alive when the gates sealed shut after all. And would explain their deformity and hatred of Sleepers.
>>
>>44192718
Some could be, but most are important scientists from the recombination group who either jumped off or were kicked out and feel bertayed
>>
>>44192447
>blackpowder gun,
...so there IS an explosives industry...

anyone got room in their team for a mad jury-rigging grenadier with a liking for diesel engines, fire, and harpoons?
>>
>>44193880
Have you even read the books? You'll get a good feeling for things that fit and things that don't when you're done
>>
>>44194245
not yet.

the above series of questions is the sort of thing I always ask before taking that step with most systems and settings.

even>>44193880, cause that's the sort of character I'm likely to play.
>>
>>44193880
Well, if you want to be anal about it it's not technically an "industry", since most places outside the Cult strongholds are reduced to a pre-industrial state where you have manufactories at best. But yeah, blackpowder is a pretty common and decently affordable (100 CD) good that's produced in a great number of locations.
>>
>>44194370
>Can't be arsed to flip through the beautiful pages of a pirated download.
Yeah, that's great. Bye now.
>>
>>44194450
nah, its more
>cant be assed to read 700+pages on the faith that what other people like will be a thing that I also like.

I certainly did flip through one of the pdfs the day they were available...and I agree the art is FANTASTIC. BUT to use World of Darkness as an example, good art but the book formatting might have been terrible and I didn't feel like dealing with it at the time. now people have read it I can and have gotten pertinent data from them.

now I have I'll sit down with book 1 after work and give it a read.
>>
>>44194632
Nah, man. Leave it. You sound like a Gurpsfag. Nothing will ever live up to your bible. And I don't think the thread should be holding your hand while you make sure.
>>
>>44194945
>Gurpsfag
never played.
I like Shadowrun and Dungeons the Dragoning too, are you going to judge me for that as well?
>>
>>44195019
Naw man. Fate already has.
>>
File: Spitalians.jpg (492 KB, 1600x1196) Image search: [Google]
Spitalians.jpg
492 KB, 1600x1196
Sup guys. I'll upload some of the older art, from the times before rebirth when things were even more grimdark. Don't know how many pictures I'll find, but I'll do my best
>>
>>44195033
then it seems I've naught to do but batten the hatches, and turn bow-on to the gale. alea iacta est!
>>
File: preservisten.jpg (29 KB, 400x282) Image search: [Google]
preservisten.jpg
29 KB, 400x282
>>44195088
>>
File: Justitian.jpg (64 KB, 396x559) Image search: [Google]
Justitian.jpg
64 KB, 396x559
>>44195146
I don't know if you can see it, but the Justitian is covered in catwalks where Judges look out for crimes. Remember kids, it's not justice that counts, but punishment!
>>
File: gritty_chronicler.jpg (86 KB, 394x561) Image search: [Google]
gritty_chronicler.jpg
86 KB, 394x561
>>44195188
>>
File: Aspera.jpg (98 KB, 803x1024) Image search: [Google]
Aspera.jpg
98 KB, 803x1024
>>44195240
>>
>>44195284
Goddamn, those are some Bayonetta-grade long-ass legs.
>>
File: Degenesis.jpg (102 KB, 960x332) Image search: [Google]
Degenesis.jpg
102 KB, 960x332
>>44195284

>>44195331
well, it's Aspera, only god knows what she did to her body
>>
File: Degenesis Sleeper.jpg (88 KB, 736x1041) Image search: [Google]
Degenesis Sleeper.jpg
88 KB, 736x1041
Sleeper-chan a cute.
>>
>>44195496
Whats the story of this character?
>>
>>44195510
As far as it seems, that's no particular named character. Instead it's a generic picture for the Sleepers, probably one of their soldiers or assassins.
>>
File: Chroniclers.jpg (180 KB, 970x683) Image search: [Google]
Chroniclers.jpg
180 KB, 970x683
>>44195510
That's a generic sleeper soldier. Sleepers are memetic indoctrinated soldiers, agents and sociocybernetics who are frozen in cryostasis and wake up in 100-year cascades. Their bunkers are guarded by the palers, who think of them as their gods. They are nanite enhanced and are supposed to guide the post-eshatologan civilizations into a brighter future, all in the name of the Recombination Group and Wilhelm Getrell

>>44195331
I love chroniclers
>>
>>44180471
https://mega.co.nz/#F!aI0XgD4b!yiLu68SfGjdm6RPaI2HHbg
The books with bookmarks.

FG is PP, Relief is Core, the other is an unbookmarked ITB.
>>
You know what?

I think I just realized where the Spitalian's name comes from.

They're doctors.

Their base of operations is the Spital.

Ho/spital.
>>
>>44195942
>>Ho/spital.
fuck.
>>
>>44195942
10 Points for Gryffindor
>>
>>44195942
A little German lesson from a Kraut: The Spital is pronounced shpe-tuuhl
>>
>>44195942
Thank you, I had found almost all the origins of the names but I was stuck on this one. Thank you so much. I'm still stuck on Jehammedians
>>
>>44195942
Is Spital anywhere near Novac?
>>
>>44196030
They are named after their prophet Jehammed.

Duh
>>
>>44196067
I've only picked up the book yesterday, but thanks anyway
>>
>>44195942
NO

Did it take you that long to figure it out?
>>
>>44192132
>Most of the clults will get mad if you use their gear without permission, so be prepared for some friendly questions about the origin of your gear and some geeking afterwards.

Personally, I'd just ask for a reasonable finder's fee if I got caught with it before I could get it into the black market.
>>
>>44181521
>I am not sure those haven't already been incorporated into the English version.
They haven't. The English version of KatharSys is missing grenades, which are in the errata.
>>
>>44196016
Spituhl? Nein. Der Angelsachse versteht das falsch.

Shpeetáhl
>>
>>44196265
And they will simply take it from you. If you're running around with their gear it's very likely that you killed one of them, which raises a whole lot of undesirable questions that may or may not involve torture and killing. I really wonder if you could sell them at the black market because everyone should know this.
Besides, the really cool pieces can only be reloaded/repaired/recharged by the cults that monopolize them anyway.
>>
>something in those erythrocytes of yours

Erythrocytes don't even have nuclei. They're just membranous sacks of hemoglobin.
>>
>>44196483
Duh
Bruh
shpeetuhl

I'd say it's correct
>>
>>44196499
>If you're running around with their gear it's very likely that you killed one of them
There are plenty of far deadlier things than yours truly out there!
>>
>>44196593
Yeah, like the brothers-in-arms of the guy you just killed and see you casualy walking around in his armor with his signature weapon
>>
>>44196593
It's a matter of principle.
>>
>>44196632
Frankly, if I'm wearing something I intend to sell, I'm dumb enough to deserve it.

>>44196638
That I can get behind. Thing is, principle is subjective; every bit of salvage I pick up out there carries a risk in hauling it around, regardless of affiliation. Hell, I could get killed just by being too greedy and not knowing when to cut my losses and leave freakin' scrap behind. So to someone who makes a living off of that lifestyle, a nominal finder's fee for something that could apparently get me killed just for holding it when they would probably never have seen it again otherwise doesn't seem too bad a deal.
>>
>>44196632
>the guy you just killed
Also, you guys keep saying that. I didn't quite catch the original scenario, but the implication in my post ( >>44196593 ) was that I found it on a corpse. Though I suppose there definitely those out there who probably can't be bothered to wait until I've made that clear before killing me for their stuff.
>>
I'm simply going to poise a question here, but what are the best ways to take on the different Psychonauts running around Europe? They all seem sort of formidable...
>>
>>44197128
>what are the best ways to take on the different Psychonauts running around Europe
The short answer is: don't. Unless you're specifically equipped to take them on, I wouldn't even risk it unless I was cornered.
>>
>>44197128
Short answer? You don't.
>>
>>44197150
Let's say I was looking for equipment to do so. What would be the best way to do it? Explosions? Trickery? Luck? Some combination of all three?
>>
>>44197170
Yeah, your best bet is all three. Manpower too, if you're organizing an expedition for the exact purpose. You usually don't get a fight with these things, you get a slaughter - make sure you're on the right side of it.
>>
>>44197291
My friend my be running a game of Degenesis, so of course I'm going to research the shit out of all the possible ways to kill the strongest enemies.
>>
>>44180471

I have never heard of this.

I was scrolling the main page and saw this awesome art.

Someone give me a tl;dr please
>>
>>44197346
He will keep you busy dealing with the next enemies.

I found it helpful to have a party which covers some spread. Have different 'faces' of the group to deal with NPCs. Like a Spitalian is great out in the rough because people haven't seen a doctor in decades. Just by looking at the party they have something they want from them, and it's not something they can take, it must be given - and if they are hiding anything to do with spores they will be alert. Another great angle is to have a judge, but it divides any settlement, some feel more protected, some more watched. The religious approach is another that's nice to have, but again sometimes it will be a problem. So a well rounded party with characters who trust each other more than anyone else save their cult is a good way to be prepared.

In the world of Degenesis, attacking is usually the riskiest and most expensive way to go. Be sneaky, fast, and well concealed. Why waste bullets on someone who you could just as well stab in his sleep?
>>
>>44197525
see
>>44188621
>>44188776
basic backstory.
>>
>>44197525
pls see
>>44188621
>>44188776
and
>>44188497
>>
>>44197570
>>44197587

Cheers.

Before I dig too deep, is this dice based? Similar to D&D? Or more like a system to use, like GURPS?
>>
>>44197555
Personally, I was thinking of playing a Hellvetic spotter that was entirely frugal with ammo, and would rather use any weapon found out in the field, rather than his own trailblazer. Tie this in with the potential that reduces Encumbrance from the harness, he'd be an amazing packmule.
>>
>>44197616
Please make more sense.
>>
>>44197619
Don't just make a character. The group has to make sense. Helvetics are regionally limited, they can't take that gear far from the fortress without a major excursion in force.
>>
>>44197616
Its more like shadowrun using the Cinematic play rules

d6 pool (stat+attribute); dice succeed on a 4, 5, 6; 6 is a trigger and causes bonus effects.

well, thats what people told me when I asked
>>
>>44197693
All true.

Point buy chargen, stat+skill d6 pool, on the gritty side.

Pick 3 things:
>Culture
The region you are from (Franka, Borca, Purgare, etc)
Limits available cults

>Concept
Archetype
This will affect your max skills

>Cult
This is your gang, the main meat of the game
This will drastically affect your max skills as well as classlike ranks and equipment
This will also define within which boundaries the character views the world and other cults, what kind of tasks they are charged with, and how NPCs react to them.

Then spend your points within the limits set by your choices.
>>
>>44197847
>point buy chargen
aw, i really like random dice roll chargens, any way to make that work?

other than that sounds good. i guess you could at least roll for culture and cult and concept and shit.
>>
>>44197902
No, that makes no sense. It's not that kind of game. It would produce unplayable results. It's a really tough survival game and you have to start with a plan.
>>
>>44197902
>any way to make it work
no, not really. Attributes range 1-6, skills 0-6.
also that's a shit system, feel bad and go back to DnD
>>
>>44197987
>>44197990
that makes sense i guess. i won't actually play it before summer anyways so i guess i'll see then. thx guys
>>
>>44197128
Dropping a building on them seems to work 50% of the time.
>>
>>44190896
The train bit? Actually pretty interesting. There's an entire Clan who found old railways, reinvented the steam engine and now travel East Borca in large trains.
The 'City' one being mentioned is the largest such train, 'Carbon' which is 1.5 kilometers long, is triple or quadruple stacked with many of the cars being built just as wide. It's a traveling city that links up to the main hubs in East Borca.
Carbon doesn't just haul vital supplies and people between said hubs. But also grows valuable produce and herbs and possesses a number of classy casino's and brothels.
>>
>>44197170
Depends what you're up against. Fire is always useful, and gas-masks are too.

Against the Precogs, you use prayer.
>>
Are there any copies of the books that aren't those badass special editions?

I mean, I'd love it, but 99 Euros for two books is really pricey. I could get the D&D Player, DM, and Monster Books for less than that.
>>
>>44191191
No there not. It's written plain as day that the Africans construct new Surge Tanks. Hell, some of them are so damned big they have to assemble them over in Europe.
And the Europeans even have vehicles. Admittedly, said vehicles are RARE, but the rules mention things like 'Scrapper Buggies', Motor Sleighs and Tractor Rigs.
We also have an entire Clan who routinely assemble new trains.

>>44191173
There not THAT rare. The Crunch book very clearly states that ships and vehicles are an unusual sight that would make someone stand out but that doesn't mean there so rare as to never been seen ever. Hell, only two of the land vehicles listed are uniquely African.
>>
>>44198413
Last I checked (yesterday) each of 5th's Players Handbook, DM Guide, and Monster Manual each were 500 SEK (roughly 50 Euros) each. That's 1500 total (or, 150 Euros). What books are you refering to?

Also, no, there's only those badass editions, unless you want the digital version which is 40 Euros or somesuch IIRC.
>>
>>44191191
Right, so being able to construct working train cities and maintain the railways is an example of no one figuring out how to make an ICE. Even though there are plenty of records and examples laying about?

And that's not what it says about the Enemoi at all. It says there vehicles are constantly moving and the only things it mentions them purchasing are high tech equipment, books and other such gear. Nothing about begging for oil from the Swiss or the Africans. For all we know their vehicles run off nuclear or fusion power.
There's also nothing talking about them being incestuous rednecks. Hell, the AMSUMO's that coordinate the Enemoi also have full records of RG Facilities and other Crisis Centers. Places that none of the Cults know about. Whose to say the Enemoi don't have a home base?
>>
File: durp.jpg (134 KB, 885x543) Image search: [Google]
durp.jpg
134 KB, 885x543
>>44198621

Amazon m8

pic related
>>
>>44198717
>Petrodollars
>>
>>44198717
you're using the primed prices as well matey.
>>
so what's up with istanbul? is it habitable, or in the neutral destructozone between the psychovore and the sepsis?
>>
>>44189131
I'd assume so, but they're all in various states of decy. There's art of the Eiffel Tower in the book somewhere

Speaking of which, what are the major cities in the setting?
>>
>>44199524

No I'm not. That's free shipping with prime. Those are the straight up prices.
>>
Can anyone who has the books post some more art? Or can someone point me to where I can find it?
>>
>>44200678
>ctrl+f mega
>>
>>44200678
https://mega.nz/#F!h0My2JwQ!LrbkHVYYhiuvsO2yKN-aKQ
>>
>>44200806
>>44200909

Eh, I know. I'm on my phone. I can save them and transfer to my pc later.

Was basically asking for someone to do the hard work for me.
>>
So anyone got a favorite clan?
>>
File: preserve baguette.jpg (146 KB, 736x778) Image search: [Google]
preserve baguette.jpg
146 KB, 736x778
>>44201329
A tie between the swiss army men, the chroniclers, and the palers
>>
>>44201329
Scrappers and Spitalians.
>>
>>44199847
In West Borca the big cities are Justitian, Spital, Liqua, Exalt, Cathedral City, Nullpellia and Ferropol.
While in East Borca you have Osman, Carbon, Chromium and Iridium. The Praha Republic's been obliterated by Chernobog and his armies. The regions way more underdeveloped then West Borca.
Special mention goes to the Swiss Cantons, but we're never given any hard looks at there cities other then the fact we know they exist. Given how the Hellevetics protect the Swiss Cantons (Or at least did.) it's probably a bit of an unknown.

In Franka we have Borderpost South, Aquitane,Montpellier, Toulouse, Brest, St-Briuec and Rennes.

Pollen has Wroclaw and Brno (But it also got thrashed by Chernobog.) Otherwise thats it. Most of the rest of the population are pretty nomadic. Danzig only has a few more years till it's uninhabitable due to the Ice Age. But it's still being used by the Anabaptists and Spitalians till then.

Balkhan has Sofia, Dalmatia, Beograd, Bucharest, Ionnus and Istanbul. (Though it's settled by the Africans.)

Purgare has Bergamo (We actually have a solid population number of 20,000 permanent residents.) Santiago, Cruces,Perugia, Genoa L’Aquila,Macerata, Campobasso, Corpse (Sort of like Tortuga) and Roma.

Hyberspania has Madrid, Salamanca, Leon,Lisbon, Huelva, Burgos, Seville and Valladolid.
The Africans however own the cities of Cordoba, Gibraltar, Cartagena and Granada.

In Africa the big cities are Aribat, Arrakesh, Fes, Algier, Constantine, Tripol, Tunis (Though currently its in the hands of Slaves who broke there bonds and seized the city.) Biskra, El Golea, Qabis, Zillah, Bengasi, Tessalt, Gao and Agadesh.

To wit, this list does NOT include god knows how many towns, villages and settlements.
>>
>>44200678
Sure, I found some good stuff.
>>
File: 1449832909729.jpg (221 KB, 719x1112) Image search: [Google]
1449832909729.jpg
221 KB, 719x1112
>>
>>44202245
I found a swastika.
Can I keep it?
>>
>>
>>
>>44202310
Maybe it's just my obsession with finding good guys in evil factions, but I really would like to see something about a more friendly rogue AMSUMO
>>
>>44193880
>>44194411
It's worth noting that the Hellvetics can manufacture C4, but guard that secret really well. I'd imagine a few other groups might be able to as well (Neolibyans and Chroniclers maybe).
>>
>>44202335
>sacrifice everything
Fuck you, funnyhead, this new stuff is top quality and costs me shittons of money.
>>
>>44202344
The ones with the Enemoi seem to be friendly.
And we hear about a few other ones. Like one that lived in a hut near a village, hiding itself under a huge cloak and wrote out poetry before leaving and all that.

>>44202661
The Chroniclers for sure.
>>
>>44202919
Now I need to see an innocent little kid wandering around with his big tough robot buddy. Robo-buddy is strong and tough but pretty childish and needs direction or he'll wander off poking random objects, doesn't know his own strength, all that fun stuff.

Suuuupermaaaaan
>>
File: Sword of Jehammed.png (3 MB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sword of Jehammed.png
3 MB, 848x1200
Anybody know what "light armor" means under the Jehammedan rank progression for a SoJ?
>>
>>44197990
>that's a shit system
>Implying degenesis crunch is good.
>>
>>44203544
Might be a error, if I had to guess it's referring to leather armor.
>>
>>44202344
There are marauders who gather followers and protect them, they run away from them when things get unbearable for them
>>
>>44203637
I think it's ok, what do you think is a good system?
>>
>>44203662
There are Sleepers who have shaken off there programming and try and do right or at least try and live normally.
>>
>>44203708
Crunch wise?
>GURPS
>D&D4E

Are good examples of good crunch. Degenesis had another crunch it'd make no difference at all dude. If you're playing degenesis for the crunch you're playing it wrong.
>>
Just got the pdf. I see people talking about the crunch.

What is the system like? Is it like 4E? Or is it something more like say Dragon Age?
>>
>>44204134
Rule-light shit, not great crunch.
Okay-ish setting that can be quickly described as "Edgier fallout".
>>
>>44204163

Rule-lite?

Lite enough to get people who have never played a TTRPG into it because of it's art?

Because my group only plays board games. I want to get them into an RPG that isn't so D&D like.
>>
>>44204134
Stat + Skill = the number of d6 you roll for action of fixed difficulty or an opposed roll (in case of attack etc.). 4, 5, 6 are successes, 6s are "triggers" that determine how successful the action was (they add 1 to damage in case of attack, for example). If you roll more 1s than 6s, it's a botch, and something bad happens.
>>
>>44204188
Just try it mate, it's simple to play. It's not like you're getting into fucking anima or GURPS that are front heavy.
>>
>>44204188
It's pretty easy. I mean, you only need d6s for it, and you'll never need more than 12 (and that's if you're facing some end-game level shit).
>>
>>44204218

>700 pages
>just try it

Nigga, it will take me some time to read all this.

>just try it
>>
Isn't it kind of hard to have adventures in Africa if you're a white fellow and not a slave? I know the Spitalians are allowed to goof around down there with the psychovor plants but that's about it.

If a Neolibyan was in the party and just said that the non-African members of the party were part of his entourage or something, wouldn't that be enough?
>>
>>44189131
Game is different from Fallout in that rather than just squatting in the ruins for centuries people logically got up and built new shit, so a lot of cities are still around except for shit like Paris which became the Pheromancer stronghold.
>>
>>44204329
Well not every Neolybian is a slave trader, and it's not like anybody would object to him just saying they're his traveling companions, there's no law against it.

Probably be some friction but Africans and Europeans can cooperate, it seems that Anubians of some groups are considered important consultants and are valued allies of the Spitalians.

And some cults, like Scrappers, know no ethnicity so they could be just as easily African as European.
>>
>>44204255
Dat artwork tho...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.