[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some people seem to have a fetish for stirring shit and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: wellwellwell.png (214 KB, 409x352) Image search: [Google]
wellwellwell.png
214 KB, 409x352
Why do some people seem to have a fetish for stirring shit and being supreme austists? Last night was the first fucking time I've ever had PvP in a D&D session, two out of our five man party are dead, would have been three but the third was waiting to see who would win before jumping in on our side. We had had a great session, made a strong ally, about to get some sick XP, and these two faggots go all murderhobo for some derpy magic item they "couldn't have."

It literally went from "Great job team!" to tense and awkward in 5 seconds flat. A big part of me blames the DM because one of the players has pulled this shit in other games of his before, but still, what the fuck possesses people to do this? They knew I'm fucking LG, they knew that shit would cause at least bad feelings, if not a fight. I just don't get it.

Anyways, new hobbies you might suggest?
>>
>>44177758

The two autists had both decided to kill the NPC we had just saved for an item he had. Like I said, they knew I would try to stop them, it was a deliberate shit-stirring that served no purpose.

I'm not whining or tantruming, as you pointed out we won, I don't have to reroll, but what I'm looking for is some insight into what makes people think this is OK, because I just can't relate.
>>
>>44177927
>>44177611
Some people are fucktards irl, and act that out in the game as well. Nothing to be done, aside from not playing with them.
>>
>>44177611
>D&D session
I think I know what your problem is OP.
>>
File: DankAngel.jpg (65 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
DankAngel.jpg
65 KB, 250x250
>>44179194

This, sorta.

It recapitulates the iron law that, "Everything could be easy, but people are difficult."

Fagtrons outing themselves like that unwittingly perform a service to gamers: They self-identify as those whom we can now safely ignore in every social situation, allowing us to conserve our energies for people we DON'T now regard as untrustworthy former associates: real friends.

It's just a part of growing-up, OP.
>>
>>44177927
Idk man, it sounds like you won out okay. Character death happens. Sometimes character death happens because the character was foolish. Do your best to let the event contribute to the collaborative story in a meaningful way, and move forward.
>>
>>44177927
Choosing an NPC over a player character...
wtf? Fuck the NPC, get epic loot.
>>
I just play a thief for such occasions.

>Take the item from the guy stealthly
>Get caught
What are you doing, Anon?
>Straightening your clothes. You look a mess *roll deception*
That usually fixes the problem for most small items.

Bigger stuff includes such lies as, 'testing the security here. No offense given but if a stumblebum like me can get this far, you guys need to beef up security' and 'Just taking this to Mr. X, boys. He says he needs it for something or other. I wasn't too sure. They say jump, I say how high, you know?'

When I get caught in my lies? Must of been someone else who just looked a lot like me. *roll off against the group* The only guy who could usually catch me in a lie is usually just as greedy as I am and I split the spoils with him, provided he can see through my lies about how much the stuff is worth.
>>
>>44177611
Come on OP, we want details.
>>
File: me.jpg (423 KB, 831x1102) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
423 KB, 831x1102
>>44185317
That's good bait, son.
Be careful with that before a shark comes and gets ya.
>>
>>44184787
This is your best option. It could be it was in character for one of the PCs, and the other one was talked into it or whatever. Just like standing your ground and fighting them over it is fine, as long as it was in character. It's just part of the developing narrative.
>>
>>44185427
You are a worthless shitstain, and I hope your group tires of this shit, and literally curbstomps you.

Not your character.

YOU.
>>
yeah that guy sucks. that's like a personality defect where they feel they have to be the smartest person in the room, and deserve special advantages and getting one up on everybody.

i had a guy who maxed out bluff with feats and shit and would use it in every situation but was utterly incapable of coming up with what he was saying ic'ly. he'd just say 'bluff' and point at his roll, i'd be like 'so what are you bluffing' and he said 'eh, whatever i rolled' and he kept getting all huffy when i just started ignoring his bluffs. he just treated it like its a command person spell. eventually everyone, npcs included, knew he was a habitual liar and I just made all his bluffs auto fail
>>
he was posing as a nobleman and they asked him for his ancestry, and he 'bluff'd it, and then they wanted verification before they like signed over some thing to him and he is like in the hall of records going 'bluff', yeah we don't have your family listed here... 'bluff it' you can't bluff a piece of paper into the room, guy.
>>
>>44185427
I don't agree with you, but I like those deceptions
>>
>>44185317
There is something called "roleplaying", no matter how hard you try these games are still "roleplaying" games and certain characters won't like certain courses of action.

Lrn2play
>>
File: beito desu.png (672 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beito desu.png
672 KB, 1920x1080
>>44186145
>>44186270
sasuga guys
>>
File: 1565498154.jpg (62 KB, 439x385) Image search: [Google]
1565498154.jpg
62 KB, 439x385
>>44177611
Greed, probably. Maybe a mix of that, envy and pride: maybe they think "If we have that item, we'll be stronger than the other guys and then we can brag and be big strong heroes!"

By the way OP, what is the problem, exactly? Did they call you a fag and hurt your feelings when you were done kicking their asses?

>Anyways, new hobbies you might suggest?
I heard collecting stamps is a great hobby for someone who doesn't know how to cope.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.