[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hand of Fate Quest (Redo)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Hand-of-Fate-Wild-Cards-PC-2.jpg (36 KB, 620x322) Image search: [Google]
Hand-of-Fate-Wild-Cards-PC-2.jpg
36 KB, 620x322
Pastebin Summary of all my posts: http://pastebin.com/gEb5tfdA
Twitter: @QMTheDealer

>[Meta] Why are we playing this game?
>[Board] Greet the traveler, ask where he is going.

“You have sought me out to unlock some crucial part of your memory, the cards you see before you are all made of snippets of your life. With any luck we may uncover why you came here, and afterwards I shall speed you along your path. But be wary, I do not grant this favor to any who ask. Many of the cards I have fashioned are challenges as well.”

To the well-equipped traveler you say: “Mother-Bear welcome you stranger, I don’t see many folks up in the Blackpine, where might a well armed traveler fella like yourself be headed to?” He addresses you back, “Heya, m’names Franz. It’s a long story, and most of the story doesn’t belong to me. Anyway, you ever heard o’ the Lord o’ Fall?”

You know that the Lord of Autumn is ruler over the elves who live in the Unbroken Woods. It’s a week or two away from here.

You’ve only heard stories of his cruelty, and you know from fellow woodsmen that his elves aren’t too keen on human settlers getting closer and closer to their forests.

[Meta] Inspect your surroundings
[Meta] Ask The Dealer a question (What?)
[Meta] Attempt to leave, again.
[Board] Offer what you know
[Subranch 1] Tell him it’s a bad idea
[Subranch 2] Press him for more information
[Board] Check your inventory
[Other] Specify...
>>
>>44118017
>[Meta] Ask The Dealer a question ("If you don't grant it to many, why are you granting it to me?")
>[Board] Offer what you know
>[Sub-branch 2] Press him for more information
Always good to get as much info as possible while you can.
>>
>>44118017
>[Subranch 2] Press him for more information
>>
>>44118017
>Offer to suck his dick for extra gold
>>
>>44118100

>[Meta] Ask The Dealer a question ("If you don't grant it to many, why are you granting it to me?")

((Were still rolling 1d10 to see who gets picked, but I'll go with the first poster this time))

Writing
>>
>>44118458
>>
>>44118458

“An interesting question, perhaps it’s for your dogged determination for it certainly isn’t for your skill. Let me clarify myself as well, many come to play the game however few get far enough to uncover what they look for. The ultimate test of your worthiness is if you play long enough to reach the end you are looking for.”

You straighten yourself and say: “Well, I nevah heard of no ‘King o’ Fall’ but the Lord of Autumn is a nasty character. The other woodsmen daren’t disturb his forest home, for fear his elves will come in the night and burn the fields or huts.”

“Why would any sane man go into his domain willingly I simply can’t get.”

You both stand in silence for a moment, as you cock an eyebrow at him. He interlocks his fingers and leans in.

“Hmm, well you don’t seem like much of an elven spy, so I guess I can tell you, provided you and me walk somewhere where the forest isn’t so… Ominous.”

It wouldn’t be out of your way to walk with him for awhile, and wherever you sought shelter from the storm would probably be where you’d run into him again.

[Meta] Check your inventory
[Meta] Specify...
[Board] Choose to go with him to hopefully learn more
[Board] Choose to not go with him, you don’t quite trust him
[Subbranch][Both of the Above] Move your piece one card to the right
[Other] Specify...

((How long do most QM's take to write posts?))
>>
File: Card 01.png (2 MB, 1300x800) Image search: [Google]
Card 01.png
2 MB, 1300x800
>>44118859

Here is what the board looks like
>>
>>44118859
>[Board] Choose to go with him to hopefully learn more
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44118859
>[Meta] Inspect your surroundings
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44118859
>[Meta] Check your inventory
>[Subbranch]Move your piece one card to the right
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>44119231

As you make the decision to follow him the forest fades from sight. You are now staring at the Dealer once more.

“Ah, so we begin our journey, I forgot to mention one of the features of my game. When you resolve an encounter I will award you a token. These tokens will unlock more cards some of which are related to the events that began to unfold in other cards. Later you will be able to build a deck from the cards you have unlocked.”
“By choosing to follow Franz you have unlocked this cards token. But you will have to wait awhile until we can progress that part of the story.”

You drink in your surroundings for a second, the walls of the tent are dark purple, and from the tent poles hang assortments of herbs as well as glittering necklaces and shining baubles. The table is laden with books and scrolls, making the part which the cards are laid out on, the only clear area.

Your token proceeds to the next card. Each time you move to another card, you consume a supply card. You currently have 9. The card you uncover is called Raging Goblin.

You creep along a ledge overlooking a sheer drop in some sewer. Water rushes into the canal far below, the air is humid and sickly warm. The ledge widens and you find a small room that overlooks the raging water.

As you take pause you lock eyes with a short naked figure with sallow green skin in the farthest corner of this alcove. It has been staring at you open jawed for the past few seconds.

It shrieks at you and charges forward with a glass shank.

[Meta] Check your inventory
[Meta] Specify...
[Board] Draw your axe and slash at him 1d20+2 (to hit) 1d6+2 (Dmg)
[Board] It’s gonna take too much time to draw an axe, I’ll just sidestep him, hoping he will fall into the ravine.
[Other] Specify…

((I’m testing out how combat works in quests))
>>
>>44119482
>[Board] Draw your axe and slash at him 1d20+2 (to hit) 1d6+2 (Dmg)
>>
>>44119572
Roll to hit, roll to damage
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44119572
>>44119632
you can only roll one dice size at a time, though
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d6 + 2)

>>44119649
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

Oh really? That’s annoying,

Hmm, Let me try and roll...
>>
>>44119984

The goblin falls easy prey to your mighty axe. But the action has drawn two other goblins from further down the hall. You hear them skittering ahead and will soon be upon you.

Meta] Check your inventory
[Meta] Specify...
[Board] Hide in a nearby barrel
[Board] Take up position
[Sub] In a corner
[Sub] In the middle of the alcove
[Sub] Near the edge of the long drop
[Other] Specify…
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44120103
>Meta] Check your inventory
[Board] Take up position
[Sub] In a corner
>>
>>44120103
Pick up a barrel and be ready to knock them off the ravine with a throw
>>
Rolled 15, 16 = 31 (2d20)

>>44120328
((I'm going to finish this combat encounter up and then head off, I know its a slow to start, but hopefully as I get better I will learn to pace this better))

The two goblins charge into the room. Again they are both naked and frenzied, one wielding a large rusted iron hook, another wielding a fork.

They rush toward you! Defend yourself!
((roll 2d20s, one to hit each goblin, they are easy to oneshot))
>>
Rolled 4, 12 = 16 (2d20)

>>44120682
>>
Rolled 17, 19 = 36 (2d20)

>>44120682
>>
Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d4)

>>44120702
That fork was much sharper than in looked! Both gobbos landed hits on you

The corner is only mildly useful at covering you from the two goblins. At least they can't flank you.

A swift kick sends one of the goblins sliding across the floor, where he lies motionless. The other goblin stands agape for a few moments before scampering away.

[Meta] Specify...
[Board] Inspect nearby mushroom that the fist goblin was eating.
[Board] Chase after the goblin and kill him (1d20+2)
[Other] Specify…

((I'll tell you your inventory next time))
>>
Rolled 6 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>44120999
>[Board] Chase after the goblin and kill him (1d20+2)
>>
>>44120999
>doubletap goblin on floor
>[Board] Inspect nearby mushroom that the fist goblin was eating.
>>
>>44121032
>>44121046
The goblin runs like the wind, and you are unable to catch up. You resign yourself to swinging your axe into the chest of the other goblin. The pitiful creature grabs at the stone floor for a solid minute, impressive.

You see a vile black ichor oozing from it, and notice it around the mouths of both goblins. You definitely noticed the Goblins were much too fierce for their kind. Perhaps this is somehow linked to that?

[Meta] Specify...
[Board] Take samples of the mushroom, hoping to find a local alchemist. It might pay to investigate further
[Board] Leave without bothering with such trifles
[Other] Specify…
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44121248
>[Board] Take samples of the mushroom, hoping to find a local alchemist. It might pay to investigate further
>>
>>44121248
>[Board] Take samples of the mushroom, hoping to find a local alchemist. It might pay to investigate further
>>
>>44121277
You have earned this cards token.

"Let us hope that this mushroom is not a vile portents of things to come. Only two cards remain until the resolution of our first game. And two cards closer to uncovering your lost memory."

((I take my leave of you, I will announce on the twitters the next time I am gonna start writing. Thank you for taking an interest in my first quest!))
>>
File: quest bingo.png (165 KB, 600x675) Image search: [Google]
quest bingo.png
165 KB, 600x675
>>44121485
See you next thread.
>>
>>44121485
so why was this called a redo if it's just a continuation of the last thread?
>>
>>44121517
Bc the first one got archived and I didn't know how to link to it...
>>
>>44121564
so this is thread 2 or 1.5.

There are multiple ways to link it. 4plebs, using the 4chan archive, suptg...
>>
>>44121609
>>44121513
this gave me quite the chuckle, I was one box away from getting bingo in the middle horizontal row.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.