[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many models have you got?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13
File: IMG_20151211_130354.jpg (60 KB, 895x552) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_130354.jpg
60 KB, 895x552
Clocking in at 600-700 models from the decade of collecting I've been going for. Most are still unbuilt, some unpainted, but a good 250 are painted and played with fairly regularly.
I'm starting to think I might just buy them with the intention of hoarding them rather than painting and playing with them. At least I only go for cheap 2nd hand deals now...

How about you fellas? Just got a couple of squads or are you neck deep in models like me?
>>
File: 1448801517128.png (117 KB, 460x801) Image search: [Google]
1448801517128.png
117 KB, 460x801
>>44099853

>I'm starting to think I might just buy them with the intention of hoarding them rather than painting and playing with them

Do people not?
>>
>>44099853
I haven't done an inventory in a very long time, but I have the equivalent of your whole collection visible from where I'm sitting, and many more in storage.

So yes, hoarding is a thing.
>>
Wait, people don't hoard minis?1

I've got bins full of Confrontation still in shrink-wrap in my attic, but only because they won't fit in the storage space I'm renting.
>>
File: shock.webm (132 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
shock.webm
132 KB, 600x338
30 tac marines, 5 vanguard, 15 sternguard, 5 termies, 5 command vets, 3 captains, techmarine, librarian, 8 dreadnoughts, rhino, 5 devastators, 5 scouts, two Big E champs, stormtalon
34 fire warriors, 16 pathfinders, 16 stealth suits, 5 crisis suits, 3 commanders, three broadsides, one riptide, hammerhead, 4 remoras, 1 ghostkeel, 36 assorted drones, razorshark
3 sentinels
Culexus assassin
2 vengeance weapon batteries
one battle barge, two gladius frigates, 3 hunter destroyers, 2 lunar cruisers, exorcist grand cruiser
2 eclipse cruisers, 3 aconite frigates, 3 nightshade destroyers
8 warden gun ships
spiritseer, warlock, two wraithlords, two wraithguard, 3 jetbikes, hornet

249 models assuming I haven't forgotten any or miscounted. At least 6 incoming, one of which is a superheavy.
>>
>>44101193
I forgot Jeff with the rocket launcher, so that's an even 250
>>
>>44099853
Ive got about 15,000 points of 40k stuff.
75% built. 50% painted.
5k points of HH, one squad built.
~1200 points of Infinity, 30% built and painted.
>>
I took a full inventory earlier this year.

Since then I have:
>Bought 3 Chaos Bikes
>Bought a DV set
>Bought 32mm bases
>Salvaged as many marines as I could.

That old GW Chaos black does not want to let go of the models. 2 months in simple green didn't get it off. I don't know what will, but at this point I am not sure it is worth it.
>>
File: 40k inventory - Sheet1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
40k inventory - Sheet1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>44102454
forgot pdf
>>
Only been doing this for about four months. Have about 146 models owned/painted. Yes, I am one of those guys who was always into Warhammer but never had money leftover to spend on minis but then just got an awesome job out of college. Also been spending more time painting and on 4chan (/tg/ specifically) than ever before. Also practically go to FLGS after work like everyday.
>>
>>44099853
I've got about 80 models split across 3 forces, although one of those I've just barely started. That'll be at least another 20 when it's done.

I started maybe 2 years ago?
>>
>>44101913
My brotha, you are not alone, no one in this thread is; for real, I have this "vision" and am have been slowly making it happen too.

To try and tally the years, the metal, the plastic, the resin, 20+ years now... It's non-quantifiable.

The easier list would be "what in the imperium of man that's considered a super soldier do I not have?" FUCK

Are any of you happy with all this?

Me too.

And the dreams, remember it's just the mortal coil ticking it's way down to completion.
>>
>>44102886
I stopped buying Space Marines when a preliminary inventory showed that I already had a Company and a half. I've since sold off the small Space Wolf group and that one squad of Imperial Fists, but since my preferred "chapter" is a 2e Crusade, I'll probably paint another squad of IFs just to keep the color variety up.
>>
>>44101193
>8 dreadnoughts
literally why
tell me a good amount are from Blackreach at least.
>>
>>44099853
I have so many models. Huge number of necrons, my primary, including 70 ish warriors. Knight titan. Blood Angels. Tau army that I'm building now including the Tidewall and a Y'vahra. About 40 chaos cultists, 8 marines, chosen, DV box stuff. Some Space wolves unassembled. Various orks, 3 killa cans, 30-40 boys.
I've been collecting for years. But the problem now is how to store it all. I've started making shoe boxes with dividers just to stick the models in, and then plan on getting a nice army transport for the ones I take out to play.
Lots of it is painted. Need a full inventory though. I totally should do this.
>>
>>44099853
3k points of Orks, 1800 points of footdar, 5000 points of empire and 1500 points of dorfs
>>
When I was a kid and was buying models with pocket money, I always wondered how people could just have models lying around without painting them, or how they could think about putting a model in a bits box instead of assembling it.

These days I know why
>>
>>44099853
>10 fantasy armies
>6 40k armies
>various skirmish games

don't even dare to count, they got their own room now
>>
Around 50 orks (including walkers and koptas) - less than one year in hobby.
>>
>>44100263
Yeah, i bought way too much stuff and now i made a rule - only buy new stuff if every old model is painted and battle ready (only exception is if i really need something for my list)
>>
>annual dig through the collection
>find an old team/warband
>"oh that will be a cool little project to get me back into the swing of painting"
>paint about two models, buy a dozen more to complete the group
>don't do anything with them

And the cycle repeats
>>
File: lotr.jpg (68 KB, 399x752) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
68 KB, 399x752
>Just got a couple of squads or are you neck deep in models like me?

Neck deep, I buy everything with the intention of painting them one day, but the mountains grows faster then I can paint it, The exception might be my LotR collection which is a try to hoard as much before GW axes the range

Pic related, snapshot of my LotR inventory
>>
I have like, 30 models? Maybe? I just started and really only play mordheim, so that's 3 warbands.

On another note, do anons ever sell off their excess models?
>>
File: DSC02800.jpg (896 KB, 3200x993) Image search: [Google]
DSC02800.jpg
896 KB, 3200x993
>>44099853
Close to 200, almost everything is painted
>>
>>44105857
>Sell off excess modles

Yep, on more than one occasion done this.
>>
>>44099853
Assembled? Sixteen assembled, and pieces for another ten to fifteen.

Then again, I play Necromunda, so that's plenty.
>>
File: Excessive Inventory.png (420 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Excessive Inventory.png
420 KB, 1680x1050
>>44105838
>>44102470
I feel like I might have gone to the next step of my inventory management here. This one hasn't been updated in a year so it's missing the 150ish Orks I've added on.

>>44105049
I tried to stick to this. I sorely tried. But some deals can't be ignored though. :S

>>44105857
There's a couple of groups around that facilitate it. Used to go into GW for spare parts, but now you can find most people either ditching old projects or getting rid of old models that just need a bit of detol to make new again.
It's the smarter way to collect I'd say.
>>
>>44105905
>>44105958
Anyone like that on /tg/? The local scene is very sales-orientated so I dislike the GW here
>>
File: Balthasar.png (637 KB, 692x700) Image search: [Google]
Balthasar.png
637 KB, 692x700
>>44105984
There's a couple of Facebook groups I follow: "Warhammer Buy Swap and Sell" is the most active. Otherwise jump on ebay and keep an eye out for deals. Some people don't know what they're selling or are pretty desperate to be rid of it, just be patient young one.
>>
2 BaC boxes, one tac squad and five chaos cultists. And a Land Raider and a Rhino. I'm working on them as much as I can, which means the cultists are primed and one marine assembled.

I hate mouldlines
>>
>>44102575
Dream life.
>>
File: whr.jpg (74 KB, 871x595) Image search: [Google]
whr.jpg
74 KB, 871x595
>>44105857

>On another note, do anons ever sell off their excess models?

Only ever done it once, and regretted it. Picked up some odd members of the Witch Hunter retinue, and thinking I would never use them I traded them away. These days they're quite rare for recent models, not to mention they seem really interesting to paint, great models.

I especially couldn't bring myself to sell painted miniatures, much less whole painted armies. Anyone I've met that has done that has regretted it. I understand for some that's how they finance the hobby, but to me each model that has actually been blessed with paint is a personal memento.

I'm the same with vidya though, I don't go through the cycle of "buy new game>trade in for half price>buy new game" that a lot of people seem to.
>>
>>44100263
I have currently:
>4-5 sets of sholders for each legion from forgeworld
>1-2 heads from each Legion
>at least 1 set of Torso from each Legion
>4 primarchs, (Angron, Mortarion, Ferrus and Perturabo)
>3 characters, Kharn the bloody, Typhon and Eidolon

Then we get to the World Eaters...
>10 packs of shoulders of different marks
>3 packs of helms, 2 veteran bladed helms, one normal
>3 WE contemptors + weapons
>2 decal sheets
>4 rampagers, 1-2 used for parts for troop squads
>4 red butchers/2 Justaerin for devourers
>8 packs of chainaxes
>3 Deimos rhino

not even going to go into my boxed up heavy tanks.

I should really get started. But I am out most of the day at work.
>>
File: 1447631340686.png (770 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
1447631340686.png
770 KB, 638x638
About 200 skaven, 350 confrontation, warmachine and reaper minis, 80ish high elves, 120ish codec marines, 45 wolf wolfs, 90 chaos, 70 warriors of chaos, 100 vampire coints, 300 orks, 130 orcs, 50 of other random games, 300 historicals.

So roughly 1500
>>
40 Orks, 6 Killa Kanz, Dark Vengeance, 20 Bloodletters, 2 Bloodthrones, 24 Khorne Beserkers,3 hellbrutes, 30 Solar Auxilia, 3 Rhinos, 1 Looted Wagon, Karamazov, Hector Rex, a knight, 2 Kastelan and 6 Ogres

Started the hobby a year ago and have only painted like 3 orks, but hopefully that will change next weekend
>>
>>44099853

Let's see here.

4 Tac boxes (40)
1 Dev box (5)
3 Assault boxes (15)
2 Scout boxes (10)
2 Terminator boxes (10)
1 Death Company Box (5)
4 Rhinos
1 Drop Pod
2 Predators
1 Vindicator
2 Stormtalons
2 Land Speeders
1 Heldrake
1 Box of Chaos Space Marines (10)
1 Thunderfire Cannon (w/ Techmarine)
5 Tau battlesuits
1 Riptide
12 Firewarriors
16 Kroot
Krootox
Kroot Shaper
2 Devilfish
Hammerhead
Piranha

Librarian
Terminator Chaplain
Daemon Prince
Typhus

2 Assault on Black Reach boxes (92)
1 Deathstorm Box (BA only) (12)
1 Dark Vengeance Box (47)
1 Betrayal at Calth Box (38)

Looks like 343 models.

Halo 6 is 40k confirmed.
>>
>>44104521
None of them are from Black reach
One venerable
Three standard
One ironclad
One contemptor
One Deredeo
One Pewter
And I'm going to get more eventually.
>>
>>44106222
We all do anon
>>
File: blood_angels_third_company_WIP.jpg (532 KB, 3498x769) Image search: [Google]
blood_angels_third_company_WIP.jpg
532 KB, 3498x769
>>44099853
>How about you fellas? Just got a couple of squads or are you neck deep in models like me?

I have nearly an entire Blood Angels Battle Company painted up. Took me 25 years to do it.

Still, if the unpainted guys (not counting da Orks) were to team up on the painted guys, my painted models would lose horribly!

This is an old WIP picture, so I don't even have all of these models any more. I sold off some of the uglier ones and painted nicer-looking replacements.
>>
File: blood_angels_AOP_GW_FB.jpg (535 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
blood_angels_AOP_GW_FB.jpg
535 KB, 2048x1536
>>44108490
>I don't even have all of these models any more. I sold off some of the uglier ones and painted nicer-looking replacements.

Some of whom are visible in this picture.
>>
File: oop_dreads_closeup.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
oop_dreads_closeup.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>44108161
>None of them are from Black reach

None of mine are, either:
Two First Edition lead alloy (painted)
Two Second Edition metal (painted)
One Second Edition metal (partially painted, unassembled)
One Third Edition metal (unpianted, unassembled)
One Third Edition plastic (in the box)
Two Blood Angels plastic (in the box)
One Forgeworld resin (unassembled)
Betrayal at Calth Contemptor (in the box)
>>
Probably have about 600, between infinity and 40k. The only thing unbuilt is a warhound titan thats about halfway done. Everything is atleast primed and probably 150 painted since i decided to strip all my early work and repaint everything/ paint new stuff once its primed.
>>
>>44108649
My battle brother brother
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.