[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take any two characters you've played. Both must be at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
File: 1383831026476.png (205 KB, 650x994) Image search: [Google]
1383831026476.png
205 KB, 650x994
Take any two characters you've played. Both must be at the height of their power.

Got them?

Now they must fight to the death.
They cannot refuse. To do so means they both die.
Who wins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml4wAnvfM4M
>>
File: Well then.png (214 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
Well then.png
214 KB, 278x278
>>44098619
>Slippery Changeling Rogue1/Sorcerer4 in Eberron
>Prefers to sneak around and divert trouble away from him with illusions to direct conflict.

>Magitek Gadgeteer from Urban Fantasy Boston setting.
>Due to the politically unstable nature of the setting, is always wary of open conflict and it's repercussions
>Packs Gloves of force punching, gravity reversal grenades, and a minor deflector shield

Man, if they have to fight, the second is going to win I suppose. Neither got into many direct conflicts but the second carried a lot harder when they did. Though I suppose it would depend a lot on who gets the drop on who. Neither were particularly durable characters, one by nature of his classes, the other by nature of the system.
>>
>>44098619
>They cannot refuse. To do so means they both die.
>Suicidally depressed pacifist and a philanthropist monk
>Both just die
>>
>>44098619

Military campaign Traveller character - Assault Marine, full Battle Dress with assorted interesting and fun weaponry

WFRP v2 Targeteer/Acolyte of Morr, working for the Black Knights

Yeah, the creepy archer in the black armour dies stupidly quickly.
>>
John Erving, AD&D level 5 fighter. Notable equipment includes +1 plate mail, +1 longsword (+3 against male humans), Large metal shield that's impervious to breaking, Ring of "uncontrollable short ranged teleporting" 3/Day, and a necklace that randomly heals a point of damage once a week at a random time. 16 strength and 14 CHA are his only notable stats.

Hobble Gard pathfinder rogue 3. Notable equipment includes +1 shortsword, +1 bracers of armor, and boots that allowed for +5 base movement speed. Notable stats are 18 DEX, 15 INT, and 6 CHA.

Honestly, I think John wins. Anyone think otherwise?
>>
Magical girl based on Sailor Moon fighting for racial tolerance [also she's in the country's secret police. That was a weird campaign].

vs

A religiously devout sorcereress-assassin in a space fantasy setting with 40k and Mass Effect vibes.

I predict the magical girl wins, but it'd still be funny and hot to watch.
>>44099393
John wins.
>>
>>44099393
Forgot to mention, John died fighting an adult red dragon. Hobble died to a wight.
>>
>>44098619
I refuse. Go ahead, kill my characters. Do it.
>>
A world weary Imperial guard medic with a hotshot lasgun, a chain sword, and frag grenades amd and advanced med kit, He's will gun down a half remembered lv3 paladin with a plus +1 sword and some cool magicish armour I never figured out because that campaign was weird/sucked
>>
Alchemist who is obsessed with bombs and explosions VS a Cleric who has an uncanny ability to doge/take a hit, and also has a heated metal skull staff.

Long to midrange, alchemist would win. Maybe if Cleric got close enough he could crack her over the head. Though she'd probably just have a martyrdom type thing just so they'd both die.(But she has blast resistant armor, he doesn't)
>>
>halfling wizard slowly walking the path of a necromancer
> an asshole with 10/10 END and a .30 cal machine gun and stupidly lucky sneak rolls

I DONT KNOW
>>
>Nord barbarian with a halberd named Romund the Plunderer
>Argonian rouge, a sailor who moonlights as an assassain, named Strides-With-Salt

sorry, Salt. your ass is getting plundered
>>
>>44098619

>dragonmech gestalt coglayer/steamborg
>Numenera Intelligent Jack Who Leads
Yeah, that jack is straight fucked.
>>
>>44100222
Why'd he name his halberd that?
>>
>>44098619
Father Willen Vel-dran
>Missionary of the God-Emperor
>Emissary for the Ecclesiarchy to the Teage rogue trader Dynasty
>In his mid-50s
>Favors a flamethrower and an Eviscerator chainsword
>"Kindly grandfather" type

Combat Unit 08, a.k.a. "Clarke"
>Warforged Monk (Way of the Four Elements)
>Curious and somewhat naive
>Avoids killing if at all possible
>Affinity for air and water magic
>Armed with a quarterstaff
>Makes a mean cup of tea

Clarke's only real disadvantage is that he can only control the elements for as long as his ki holds out (damn you, Vancian magic.) Otherwise, he's a magic robot with kung-fu and bending abilities against a middle-aged priest with a flamethrower.
>>
>>44098619
>Russian ex-merc street samurai
vs
>Blood Angels assault marine
Sorry, Oddball, but you're pretty much boned. He's a tough sonuvabitch and auged to hell and back, but he's fighting a man whose job it is to descend on his enemies as a wrathful comet of steel and fury, and who is very proud in his prowess at doing so.
>>
>>44098619
Human Wizard CEO of a trade empire vs a warlord Half-Orc Barbarian. I'd watch that fight.
>>
Rolf Toggiirsonn, a vaguely Norse inspired culture, vaguely Templar inspired order, level 17 AD&D Paladin, known for skill with many arms and at leading armies. Noted feats included one-shoting a barbed devil with a hurled lance, soloing a dragon with the help of grappling rules and falling damage, and defeating a class leveled succubus antipaladin, who had infiltrated and ensorcled a king and his court, in social combat, breaking her hold on her victims and causing her to reveal herself (several levels and some good loot earlier than the DM had planned for us to discover her) and attack the party, resulting in a TPK, but also her defeat (she had 1 HP left, but 6 of the NPC guards, equipped with +1 bows, were still standing). We were going to play a low level campaign to find a high level cleric to rez the party and the heir to the throne, but it fell apart. Still my favorite character.

A Dark Heresy Guardsman veteran named Trav Waits, wearing boarding armor and wielding a melta gun, power hatchet, dueling las, and grenade launcher. His notable feats include surviving 5 rest-of-the-party wipes, killing a bloodletter by running up its back and lasgunning it in the head, losing that gun to a CSM with a chain scythe, and then taking the Marine's hand with his power hatchet, giving him time to escape the airstrike that killed the Marine, melta-gunning a Eldar witch through the soulstone, ending the xeno assault by demoralizing the force she had commanded, and winning the admiration of an NPC SOB when their position was nearly overrun by cultists lead by Herald of Tzneentch, which they slew together.

The DH character probably takes it. He is a lower powered character by the standards of his setting than the Paladin is, but he just has more, deadlier ranged options.

Though if the Paladin could force a melee he maybe could take it, he is deep into superhuman strength with his gear and his holy sword +5 is probably better than the power hatchet.
>>
>>44098619
>Halfling Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger in Pathfinder
>shoots a revolver, often from horseback

>Human Brawler in Pathfinder
>boxer-type

Welp. Never bring your fists to a gunfight.
>>
>Edgy Vampire Bloodknight with Cryo-Lightsaber and a suicide death squad ready to die at his command

vs

>Time travelling Psion with mastery over the timespace continuum

>The fight starts and the Psion blasts Edgelord 12 million years into the past.
>Fin
>>
Farnival "Frozen Heart" (Dragonborn Fighter LvL 3, 5th edition)
-Eldritch Knight Archetype
-No magic items
-Greatsword

VS

Iñigo Fernandez Losantos (Human Ranger Lvl 3, Rogue Lvl 2, Assasin Lvl 1, Pathfinder)
-+1 Silent Chainshirt
-Two-weapon combat with +1 firery sword and +1 carnivore sword
-Levitation Boots

Farnival is so dead
>>
>>44098619
>Simon Hargrove, extremely talented cat burglar who pretty much does it for kicks
against
>Ianros Francois Matteus Jannis Andaelis, Rogue Trader, adventurer extraordinaire, and oversized headwear enthusiast

Ianros. hands down. He'd shoot his opponent at the slightest hint of a snicker at his grand and expensive hat, and he has grimdark future-tech guns, as opposed to a simple club. The only thing that the cat burglar has working in his favor is being resourceful and sneaky.
>>
A 3.5 Deep Imaskari Wizard with a Staff of the Magi vs a 3.0 Fighter/Drunken Master with EWP Barstool Flail.

RIP, Whiskey Finnigan. Your barstool flail will be missed.
>>
File: 1449544594410.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449544594410.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44098619
>5e Kobold Pyromancer Sorceress
>5e Shadow Monk/Warlock
>They're very close siblings that always argue over who gets the first read of a new book

They don't fight each other, and you can't kill them.
>>
my level 5 sorc kills em all
>>
>>44098619
>Level 4 Half-Orc Barbarian
>Level 5 Human Fighter
Hate to break it, Barb, but you just don't have the experience.
Even assuming he was able to overpower the Fighter (not likely), said Fighter has fought in more situations, is a superior one-to-one combatant, is more durable, carries better gear (sans armor, which he'll probably loot) and is a better strategist.
And the Fighter also has a specific demonic mark (long story) which allows him to fly into a barbarian's rage whenever and as long as he wants, rendering the Barbarian's main gimmick just about useless.
>>
>>44098619
Both of my characters have a history of refusing to kill people even when it would be heavily advisable to do so, so I honestly think they'd both just die.

Following the spirit of the question though we would have:
Agamemnon Jones: A level 2, 3.5 edition fighter and ex-guard who hasn't killed anything since he got his guisarme enchanted to do non-lethal damage. Fights for justice, wishes he was a pulp detective.

Prior Richardson: A Power level 7, 2nd edition Mutants and Masterminds character from a JRPG inspired setting. Pistol wielding former circus performer who fights for democracy and the good of everyone. Once, unsuccessfully, tried to fight a war without killing anyone.

My money's on the guy with the magic guns, and exploding balloon animals.
>>
>>44102677
>Prior Richardson

Any chance that's a reference to Richard Pryor?
>>
I'll take my last two characters I guess.
>Fairly competent but low-level nWoD werewolf
>nWoD Archmage
The permanence of the second guy's existence is literally written into the fundamental nature of reality. He kills the werewolf. Then he unkills the werewolf because he feels bad about having killed him, and makes awkward apologies. Then probably obsesses over finding and dealing with whatever entity mind-controlled him into killing a comparatively harmless werewolf. Over the course of the game he was from he grew a massive complex about not being forced into things, so...

Also, Archmages are fucking bullshit.
>>
>>44098619
Mr. Mistophilees a 6th level 5th edition wizard specializing in illusions. He has a repertoire of utility spells. He prefers the pen to the sword and has the ear of the rulers of two of the continents greatest nations between which he has forged an alliance.

Simon Calhoon, a spry 150 year old human blessed with the body of a 30 year old thanks to his use of anagathics. Calhoon has played many roles in his life including being an army general, a scientific researcher, merchant genius, and a member of the planetary aristocracy and that was just character creation. Thanks Traveller.

I'm going to go with Simon on this one since he has far greater resources and access to tech tens of thousands of years more advanced than Mr. Mistophilees.
>>
File: 1391881850486.jpg (162 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1391881850486.jpg
162 KB, 500x411
My drow sorcerer would always kick the ass of my half-elf rogue, no matter what level we're talking about.
>>
7th level ranger human who is a tottal fucking coward but has a +3 heavy crossbow V.S
5th level glory hound fighter who smashes shit with a maul
ranger gets one shot off before the fighter gets a lucky crit with the maul and halves his health
>>
>>44102381
Neither of those are even distantly approaching unkillable.
>>
>>44098619
at the high of his power one of my characters was already dead.
>>
>>44098619
what if only one of them refuses? Do they both still die?

>can't fight me if I run away
>>
>Shadowrun Human Decker
>Human Level 5 Paladin

Hard to say. Logic would say that an SMG is going to be better than a breastplate and a two-handed sword, even without any nearby machines, but if my paladin can get within range, he'd be able to slice clean through the decker.
>>
>Neutral Evil Bloodrager
>actual racist, god complex, would probably punch a baby if it looked at him funny

>Lawful Good Magus
>always tries nonlethal damage first, mostly relies on his party

Bloodrager wins.
>>
>>44098619
>Half-orc fighter with 18 in strength and 18 in constitution, 16 in charisma
>Absurdly high intimidation
>Nicknamed "God of War" by second level
>Not including racial bonuses
>Has small mercenary group

And in the blue corner

>Human thief, criminal kingpin
>high charisma and intelligence
>Leader of an international crime organisation
>Super rich

God of War vs The Kingpin

God of War used his very high intimidation skill to coerce people into joining his merc group
Kingpin has a lot of connections
Really, I reckon it would be fairly tied
>God of War intimidating information out of everyone
>God of War intimidating every man that Kingpin sends at him
>God of War has an uncanny ability to not die
God of War would probably win
>>
>Seneschal with a body full of augmetics from a few accidents and some volunteer time with his Techpriest buddy vs a socially withdrawn Super Mutant scholar, both are horrible shots with firearms

I feel like the fight would just turn into a heated debate on the philosophy of mutant existence.
>>
>>44098619
5th level old crotchety dwarf wizard in 3.5 vs. a veteran ComStar MechWarrior. If the MechWarrior has his ride then you know the wizard is fucked, and if he doesn't well you know 3.5 wizard vs a guy with a pistol and in that case my money is on the gut with third level spells.
>>
>Magneto with Lasers in a pokemon setting, immune to most biological functions
>Druid5/WalkerInTheWaste10 Dry Lich with Divine Rank 0

This is a bit of a tough call. Not!Magneto would probably win a head to head encounter, due to just staying out of range and flinging giant chunks of metal at the lich. But, he has no way of travelling to other planes to find the lich's scattered phylacteries (Dry Liches get 5 canopic jars). So, I guess it's a tie, since Dry Lich wouldn't be able to kill the other guy.
>>
File: Richard Steers.jpg (48 KB, 575x904) Image search: [Google]
Richard Steers.jpg
48 KB, 575x904
Richard Steers (homebrew fantasy game), a runaway nobles son and fop fencer extrordinaire. Uses a lantern shield he was tricked into buying (and is too proud to admit it was a bad purchase, insists everyone who criticizes it is on the wrong side of history and they will be in vogue this time next summer) and a heavy saber.

VS.

Masked Rider 00 (mutants and masterminds), the Hundred Hands- the leader of the HEROIC, FIST OF JUSTICE squad, an expy of Sentai/Kamen Rider variety goofiness. His suit is equipped with four pairs of mechanical arms, an active shielding unit that can tank anti-tank rounds, and the ability to strike so rapidly and so hard he can tunnel through concrete at a full sprint.

Sorry Dick, you were the better character but Double Oh's got this bagged.
>>
>not!femghengis nurgle barbarian who could bench 30 men and tank a sword to the face

>a one-eyed vampire space captain whose only notable powers in this situation is to draw a door and it'll function as a real door, and to turn a door into a wormhole to anywhere she's ever been before

If the vampire can draw a door on the wall or ground (she has tons of chalk and paint of all sorts) before she gets charged, she'll be back in a few hours/days with her space ship and blow up the planet. If she does get charged, then she dies in half a turn.

Though, the vampire also had a bodyguard who would give a Space Marine a run for his money. He'd shoot her in the upper torso with a 50-pound shotgun before she got into melee range.
>>
>A nobleborn man who shunned luxury and became an adventurer when a witch prophesises he would be destine to die a glorious death. Level 15 Barbarian.

Vs

>A Russian ex-black ops operative turned vampire hunter who once wrestled a tiger bare handed.. And won.

Though Sasha was tough in a brawl, he's against a deathseeker with greatsword who simply gives no fucks. So either he gets the drop with a sniper or assault rifle, or he'll get /rekt. Both characters are determined as fuck and possess an overflow of heroic willpower. So while it'd last a while and be filled with badass oneliners and boasts, Ruin would win in the end.
>>
File: ROADROLLADAA.jpg (246 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
ROADROLLADAA.jpg
246 KB, 500x672
>>44098619
Max tier world traveller murderer (The Strange)
vs
PL 20 Powerhouse with electric powers, super strenght, super toughness and megaregeneration (M&M3e)

Yep, not even a contest: the big guy wins this one hands down. The rogue is gonna get curbstomped to goo.
Pic related is my Mutants and Masterminds final attack.
>>
File: Rei is beside herself all over.png (642 KB, 598x444) Image search: [Google]
Rei is beside herself all over.png
642 KB, 598x444
Samantha Emilia Harte, ten year-old girl with a congenital heart condition that's left her hospitalised since birth.
Strenuous movements and excessive stress are debilitating and possibly leathal to her.
At the hight of her power she has telepathic abilities mostly pertaining to reading and manipulating moods and emotions. She is also a medium, able to see and speak to any supernatural entities around her.

VS

Detective Inspector Brooklyn. C. of the 1st Royal Martian Police Force, Special Operations 'Phantom' Squad, Cybernetics and Technology division.
She is an artificially developed human, a bioroid, as part of an ongoing experiments into human experimentation. She holds fake memories of her life and is unaware of her artificial origins.
The squad she is part of is involved in high-risk cases and on death she is replaced with a new clone holding the memories of all the previous Brooklyns, minor edits are administrated to cover up her previous deaths.
This is, regrettably, starting to give her a messiah complex coupled with an underlying feeling of immortality.
At her hight she would be a scarily competent human with Olympian abilities and fitness but still very much human.
She has two pistols with tranquilliser rounds and a shotgun.

Brooklyn isn't going to be able to bring herself to kill the wheelchair-bound Samantha and Sam is going to be to upset over everything to even be coherent.

On threat of death for them both, Brook would leave a note for her squad about the situation and asking them to find caring home for Sam before she would shoot herself.
This wouldn't be the first time she's been forced to do so.

She is curious how she screwed up eating her gun twice now that it's left her with nothing but a headache and minor superficial scars for the effort.

Samantha will need some real counselling after this. However if she ends up picked up by Brooklyn's squad, she's going to be far better looked after then the haunted hospital she came from.
>>
>>44098619
Low-raking but still literal demon dilettante versus jerkass warblade duelist-for-hire.

Duelist is proper fucked.
>>
Dwarven barbarian out to become a warrior worthy of his tribe vs reformed hired thug turned cleric of the sun god. The cleric allows the young dwarf to kill him, he's already lived his life and at the height of his power found redemption for his past, his life for the future of a good hearted, (relatively) young man is a fair trade in his eyes.
>>
>>44098619
Del: 7th level Slayer, built to be an all-around adventurer with a solid skillset, good melee and ranged attacks, and specifically designed not to overshadow anybody else at the table since we have so many people, and only one or two of them are as familiar with the rules and mechanics as I am.

Mama Jenka, level 8 Witch that I switched to when it became clear that nobody was taking the game even the least bit seriously and I just wanted to fuck shit up.

He's a martial character built specifically to be decent at most things but amazing at nothing, and she's a full caster that I built while I wasn't suffering from brain damage. As much as I love Del as a character, Mama Jenka would utterly destroy him.
>>
File: Slaaneshi CSM2.jpg (301 KB, 618x700) Image search: [Google]
Slaaneshi CSM2.jpg
301 KB, 618x700
>>44098619
>Four Armed Slaaneshi Sorcerer
>Can reliably kill a Greater Daemon in a round
>Throws out a truly ungodly amount of attacks per turn
>Best damn chef this side of the galaxy

>Only other character I've played for more than a session or two
>Pudgy demagogue who drifts around on a grav-futon
>'Sold his soul' to a Keeper of Secrets for a silver tongue
>Plants seeds of corruption on planets his RT friend visits for fun

Well, 1v1 the Sorcerer is going to win in a heartbeat; but if the demagogue has the chance to rally a hive city against him, the demagogue might have a chance.
>>
She is a Half-Giant Barbarian on a quest for revenge.
She is a Halfling Sorceress out to prove herself the greatest magic user that ever lived
Barbarian and Sorceress talk about it before it's decided that the Sorceress gets to have the win.
Barbarian will just be reincarnated by the War Goddess again because She's been so good at killing the Goddess's enemies.
>>
>>44098619
A character from Dark Heresy
vs
A character from Rogue Trader

This isn't even fun
>>
>>44105494
>Barbarian will just be reincarnated by the War Goddess again because She's been so good at killing the Goddess's enemies.
So you're telling me that a War Goddess would not only be okay with the fact that her follower deliberately lost a fight to the death, she'd actually reward said follower with a reincarnation?

That's a pretty shit War Goddess.
>>
>>44098619
Well Ferrus the Explorator I played years ago could kill every other character I have ever played at once.Mostly due to being augmented to hell and back for combat and having an Archeotech plasma gun.
No other character I have played has passed level 5 in Dnd and my various savage worlds characters stand no chance at all.
>>
>>44103509
They both reached diety status.

Them fighting would be them just memeing on each other for an eternity.
>>
>>44098619
For all his posturing, my Mastigos Thearch would wipe the floor with my Rogue Trader.
>>
>>44105834
Said Barbarian is slaved to said Goddess. She pretty much is at her beck and call constantly.
She keeps getting reincarnated so the Goddess can keep her loyal slave where she is of use.
Also the Goddess is against wrongful killing and murder. Being forced to kill someone at behest of a third party kinda counts as murder.
>>
3.5 Cancer Mage Vs a beefed-up half-ogre War-Hulk. The Cancer-Mage couldn't win... so he'd disease form and wait for the hulk to live his life... then die of old-age.
>>
>Tammuz Promethian whose personal philosophy was "I'll live through it". Was built to soak an ungodly number of points of damage per hit. Just ignored most attacks and tried to talk his way through things, despite being awful at it. Once managed to talk his way out of being lynched, and successfully collect donations for the local orphanage from an angry mob before leaving town.
>Dawn caste solar exalt who was killed by the GM's complete lack of understanding of the game setting or rules, and stuck in an arena fighting five dragonbloods against his will.

Oh, the dawn caste could crush the Tammuz. But I'd think they would just get a beer and commiserate.
>>
>>44098619
One ended the campaign as a very minor, fledgling deity. Domains of drunkards, gunslingers, travelling merchants and poor decisions. Started off as just a poor elf trying to make a trade selling guns.

The other is a rogue trader. Started with one strike cruiser and no idea what he was doing. By the end of the game he had four cruisers (one on loan), a frigate, a regiment of Elysians (also on 'loan') and was running out of things to blunder his way through.

In the battle of lucky incompetents, WHO WILL WIN?
Probably the audience, honestly.

Suppose this begs the question, do you guys think a powersword can pierce epic DR?
>>
>>44102948
He was originally a joke on the fact that Sazh from Final Fantasy XIII looks like Ricard Prior. Also, I'd just watched Superman 3.
>>
>kelborn
Lvl. 2 soldier in SW Saga with stupidly good char rolls, and a passion for his power hammer

>vigil
Lvl 1 undead paladin in PF.

Since kelborn would challenge him in combat, i guess he'd win. But vigil has smite evil, and kelborn is very much evil
>>
>>44098619
>17 year old hunter with a butterfly knife and a bag of tricks

>A pimped up 150 year old ghoul with an anti-Material rifle.

This isn't really a fair fight...
>>
Knight Anduin v Arineld the Witch

Arineld pushes Anduin's shit in. She commands 10 swords that float aground her, making it pretty difficult for him to get near. He has been known to chuck his bastard sword with some accuracy, but she can teleport away from that shit and rain fire on him. The only way he could win, is if they fought in his keep, where his loyal legion of sick and dying peasants could be thrown at her.
>>
>Wizard that also has every alchemical trick in the bag
>Jester that can CC like it's nobody's business and improvises all of his weapons

Let's just assume that they're probably going to make their saves vs each other's spells. This becomes a battle of class features and various combat tricks.

On the one hand, the jester can use literally anything that he can pick up and use as an improvised weapon without taking any penalties, meaning that he has a decent chance of smacking the wizard's hit points down if he can get some blows in.
On the other hand, the wizard is going to tactics the field and use alchemical items to disrupt and incapacitate the jester while he throws vials of acid, alchemist's fire, and fires alchemical sling bullets at him.

If I honestly had to say which one is going to win, I imagine that it's going to be the Jester, because even though the wizard is one of those types who is prepared for anything, the Jester's class features make him extremely difficult to put down in exchange for not being offensively effective. When all is said and done and everyone's out of spells, he's going to be the one who abuses the fact that his opponent doesn't have as much endurance as he does.
>>
>>44098619
>Psychotic Reptilian War Priest from a SPESS game. Jetpack, Cybernetic Arm with inbuilt Anti-Matter cannon, !Chainsword with plasma-cutter teeth.
>Surly as fuck Jayan Nephilim Weaponmaster out of Anima. Runic Armor/Axe/Shield, strong enough without them to have beaten a huge dragon to death with a slightly smaller one. Survived being dropped five miles, then crushed by a falling huge dragon.
>Forced to fight to the death.
>Cannot refuse.
Oh they'll fight to the death. But not each other, since you didn't specify that. They're taking apart whoever tried to capture them for their arena games, though.
>Who wins?
They do.
>>
>essence 8 socially focused Solar god-king
>an alcoholic sniper with a long barreled blaster rifle

Sniper goes to line up a shot, looks at the solar through his scope, then commits suicide out of shame that he ever considered damaging something so beautiful.
>>
3.5 grey guard shield brawler with charGing smite feats and heironius battle axe (holy avenger battle axe). Lvl 17
Vs
5e monk (not shadow or elemental) (forgot the tree name) and a bad ass scythe that gave new an over shield and pole arm feats lvl 17 aswell
I give advantage to the paladin if he gets one charging smite in that's a fuck load of damage. But the monk has the chance to widdlr him down
>>
>>44098619
>8th gen batshit crazy Brujah zealot
>7th gen fucking invincible Gangrel diablerist
Their fate is decide by 2 hours rule debate whether Fortitude allows Soak for Aggravated Damage when it's coming from True Faith or not.
>>
>>44099188
Pretty much this.
>>
Pathfinder. 15th level Wordcaster Sorcerer fights 14th level Cavalier focused on charges.

I think it boils down to initiative. Who wins it - wins the battle.
>>
>Black Crusade Sorcerer
>5e Halfling Rogue
Poor little bugger doesn't stand a chance.
>>
AD&D Necromancer/Wizard 5 or 6 vs. Pathfinder Fighter 12

Hm. Not even close. My Wizard was more the debuff/buff Type. Assuming enough Preptime he could put up a very small fight though. Evil Wizard dies, Good Fighter wins.
>>
>mfw I realize practically all of my characters are paladins at various levels and with various equipment.
>>
>>44098619
The strongest, tankiest and angriest knight I've ever played vs a robot with a keytar.
>>
File: 1328385598141.png (423 KB, 1017x593) Image search: [Google]
1328385598141.png
423 KB, 1017x593
Level 3 Sorcerer vs Deathwatch Space Marine

Hmm...
>>
>>44120358
Magic might actually give him a chance, especially if the Deathwatch guy isn't too experienced yet.
>>
>>44120465

What could a level 3 take that could even phase a power armored Space Marine?

Aren't they like level 10 DH characters base, with level 1 DH characters being stronger than level 1 DnD characters?
>>
>>44098619
Considering I've played both the father and the son, the father would probably suicide or force the son to fight to win. Helps that the dad is a barbarian and the son is a ranger.
>>
>>44120600
>Grease and run away.
>>
>>44098619
Horatio versus a level 9 Illithid Psion.
...If Horatio can get a gun, he crushes the unelegant, repulsive creature. If he can't, the Elder Brains just unlocked the secrets to intergalactic success early this timeline.
>>
>Eddy Sinclair, cocky kid from Boston who can manipulate electricity with his stand, Electric Avenue
>Lucien Victrus, Stormtrooper from the Cadian 1707th guard regiment, favors stealth.
Stormie's boned, he has electronics on him (which can be overloaded by the stand), and he can't even see or defend against his attacker unless he can figure out that the kid's controlling it.
>>
File: 1443139374070.jpg (61 KB, 518x590) Image search: [Google]
1443139374070.jpg
61 KB, 518x590
>absurdly tanky griffon from a cartoon horse rpg
>deals and nullifies damage based on damage dealt and received
>has straight-up DENIED a hit that was supposed to do double his max HP in damage
>can't do shit for damage, but who needs damage when you don't die?
>stupid amounts of luck on opposed rolls. Not in-character, but he succeeds at more shit than he should

versus

>adult light blue dragon (not D&D, chromatic rules need not apply)
>draconic Mary-Sue, has powers as the roleplay demands
>prefers his prey alive and squirming
>often revives/respawns prey he particularly likes or respects, possibly just to consume them again
>HAVE YOU FIGURED OUT IT'S A VORE CHARACTER YET

Sorry, griffon-bro. The other guy is at least two size classes larger, can instantly heal back whatever damage you do, and outdamages your resistance and heal with his digestive tract, let alone any active attacks. On the plus side, you'll probably get a free rez if you give it your all.

I don't have any griffon images. Have a harpy instead.
>>
>>44121358
LITERALLY AUTISM
feed yourself to a snake or something you degenerate
>>
>>44121358
>>
So on the one hand,
>naval commando (yes I spelled that right) turned privateer
>something something weapons master
>martial arts too I guess
>loads of money
>may or may not have overthrown and eaten a minor god of the seas
>may or may not have had vigorous good times with a minor god of kinetic energy
>kind of had a "one punch man" attitude toward danger because of how boring I was at role-playing back then
>later retired with a nice girl and her entire village in the ruins of the first island he conquered

And on the other hand,
>just some guy that became a rank-and-file soldier
>promoted through the ranks because of victory in combat and a constant motivation to get trained in anything useful
>led a platoon so well, they were transferred to a high-octane unit to do DELTA SEAL ALPHA GREEN BEREEET stuff
>repelled the NOT!Turkish invasion on the continent by killing their leadership
>all of them
>by collapsing a mountain they were under
>became a noble of his hometown
>and every town around it for 100 leagues
>made sure all of his men were able to retire in their late 20's with eternal pensions and rich homesteads

It would be scary to see them fight with all that power clashing.
But it would be even scarier to see them get along.
>>
My elven technomancer wins.
Because she has a gun and a UAV and my other character is a crazy cannibal man who lives in the woods with demons in his head. He has a scythe because he follows a death god. Yet he is not magic so he's boned.
>>
>>44099964
>at Height of Power
>Cleric
>getting killed by filthy Tier 3 alchemist
>>
>>44122151
>overthrown and EATEN a minor god of the seas
...>>44121358
Into the trash they both go.
>>
>>44122380
Oh, sure, you're just going to kill a god and watch it come out of its grave for whatever reason later? It's like you WANT to be stuck in a never ending cycle of god-killing.
>>
>>44122266
>death god
>boned
oh very goddamn clever
>>
>Level 5 Dragonborn Sorcerer
vs
>Level 5 Changeling Sith Inquisitor

im giving it to the fella with force lightning
>>
Might be pretty close. The mutant is nigh unkillable and can regenerate but fights conventionally yet is insanely strong. The fallen Jedi is a lot squishier but has space magic and ways to leech the mutants health.
>>
>Lawful Evil Warlord vs Chaotic Neutral Thief
On one hand, the dude is a brute, but on the other hand, so's she. My thief is however very much more resillient, due to reasons. If she gets the drop on my Warlord, the Warlord is tot. Even without, the thief might win, it's a hard fight.
>>
>>44098619
LE warlock of Baphomet Vs. CG Dragon sorcerer. It's a close call if you go by raw stats and abilities but equipment tips things in favor of the sorcerer.

The warlock has a +1 shield while the sorcerer has a wand of magic missle. As good as a high AC is, magic missle can ignore that shit and destroy a bitch.
>>
>>44099454
>a space fantasy setting with 40k and Mass Effect vibes.

Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k 7th Ed. or just something similiar?
>>
File: intresting.jpg (74 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
intresting.jpg
74 KB, 259x194
>Halfing Assassin vs Human Swashbuckler

I can tell you right now, the sexual tension and flirting would be off the fucking charts.
>>
>>44098619
>>Dai "Downside" Miyamoto
Unoptimized 3.5 Fifth Gnome level Fungus Totem barbarian,Fluff'd as a Urban thug with a temper So His skill points and feats are more geared towards him trying to be a thief/Urban spelunker,But he's got a Warhammer too big for him That causes anything struck by it to undergo the effects of a Twentieth level tremor spell. Feats include breaking out of a country run by dark elves, and collapsing a underdark With previously mentioned hammer.

>>Vic nitro.NZBS
Homeless vigilante with the ability to take a lot More punishment than he should be able to and Spontaneously manifest explosives from any flexible container. Champions Fifth edition character. A 500 point blaster/tank With over 200 points in an Offensive multi-power That includes a fifteen Dice killing attack. And ten dice In absorb for both physical and Energy damage And twenty-eight PD. Feats include Free Diving in the Marianas trench,Landing India safely,Defeating a ripoff of the thing from the movie the thing in one shot,Fighting off a team of mind controlled South Korean supers.

It'll be a curb stomp.
>>
> Sal'vital "Nightblood"
>Deadly assassin out to destroy an entire crime organization
>Dilvari the shadow of the black tooth
>Also an assassin but works in extreme secrecy

I think Dilvari, even though sal'vital was higher level
>>
>>44100990
so that flame thrower is going to explode and take father Vel-dran with it?
>>
>>44098619
Pacifistic barbarian and her adoptive daughter.

They both die.

Hugging
>>
>>44098619
>Half-giant cyborg with a machinegun arm, a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher and skin plating
>Medieval dwarf killing machine with enough strength to punch through steel

The half-giant has a vast technological advantage, but the dwarf is a demigod in a high powered setting. He wins by virtue of being able to survive the rockets.

Also, damn. I guess I like playing brutes.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.