[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My group has expressed an interest in playing a comic book superhero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: manhattan grill.jpg (127 KB, 463x278) Image search: [Google]
manhattan grill.jpg
127 KB, 463x278
My group has expressed an interest in playing a comic book superhero type game, but the last try we had (Mutants and Masterminds 2e) left us underwhelmed. Any recommendations or stories of success?
>>
>>44098447
Spirit of the Century.
>>
>>44098447
Maid RPG
>>
>>44098462
I only played this once, but I had a lot of fun with it.

I've also heard really good things about the Marvel Heroic (forget the exact name) system.
>>
>>44098447
Heroes unlimited from palladium has always worked really well for my group. Use random rolls though, its kinda fun to play something you wouldn't normally pick. The only books you should consider using with it are powers unlimited 1-3.

A lot of the shit palladium catches is from people who have never played and assume you're supposed to use all books ever printed. This is bad, dont to this.
>>
>>44098447

I've heard Wild Talents is good for a gritty supers game, and Marvel Heroic is good for shinier ones.
My players wanted me to do a Japanese game called Double Cross, which seems to be a kind of X-Men high school thing with conspiracies and somewhat grimdark stuff.
>>
>>44098710
This, we've had a campaign run over more than two years in Heroes Unlimited and hell it was fun.

We began each with minor powers, then unlocked a second aspect of our final set of abilities. Working for those tiny bits was good and trying to see synergies between them and the abilities from the other PC was one of the best superhero rpg experience I had
>>
>>44099431
I am always happy to hear that other people have had good experiences with this game.
>>
>>44099578
Yeah me too, I'm rather new on this board yet it's only the second time I see it mentioned or any of the palladium books (which feels like none).
>>
File: Christmas Lich.jpg (53 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Lich.jpg
53 KB, 504x360
>>44099737
Welcome to /tg/!
>>
>>44099737
Welcome to /tg/!

Palladium doesn't get talked about a lot on here and when it does it tends to be shit all over by people who have only read negative reviews of it or played in some nightmare game where they used every book ever printed. You'll see things like bashing it for having 5 different horse riding skills but no mention that each one is in a different book for different types of games.
>>
>>44098447
Played a few sessions of Worlds in Peril; I liked it, but 3/5 of the group didn't.

It's a *world game, so you probably know what to expect, but it captures the tropes especially well.
>>
File: Mutants and Masterminds.png (532 KB, 1200x533) Image search: [Google]
Mutants and Masterminds.png
532 KB, 1200x533
>>44098447
I am in a comic book superhero type of game (80s mostly) and it's going rather swimmingly. But we also play Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition so yeah... you might want to change that.

Oh, and having an awesome GM helps too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.