[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the world eaters resent Angron for the whole nails thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19
Did the world eaters resent Angron for the whole nails thing? Some of them seemed to openly hate him.
>>
>>44093869
Was kind of a dick move, but angron was a cunt, like most primarchs.
Except for vulkan.
Vulkan is based.
>>
>>44095484
Yeah most seem to take after their father. Vulkan takes after his adopted father.
>>
>>44095484

Yep, Vulkan was the only bro one, along with Sanguinius and maybe Ferrus I guess.

Though it implies that maybe Corvax and the Lion could have been bros if not for crippling autism and social anxiety.
>>
>>44095557
Lion just didn't give a shit, Corax though who knows
>>
File: 1447969929133.png (322 KB, 295x542) Image search: [Google]
1447969929133.png
322 KB, 295x542
>>44095484
I duno, barring the whole heresy thing, Lorgar seemed to genuinely care about most of the men under his command. I think we can all agree that the most cunt tier character is Erebus.
>>
>>44095557
>Vulkan was the only bro one, along with Sanguinius and maybe Ferrus I guess.
you've got sanguinius, ferrus, guilliman, dorn (within the fists), russ, horus, arguably lorgar and magnus too

The only outright cunts were angron, perturabo and night haunter.
>>
>>44093869
A legion is 85,000+ marines. Every opinion on the subject you can think of would be present. Those who hate Angron for it, those who think the Nails unlock their potential, those who see the Nails as a challenge, those who will never stop trying to remove them, those who want to put them into everyone they meet, and many more.
>>
>>44095557
Khan was based too
>>
>>44095758
/thread/
>>
>>44095557
corvax was a bro, after his legion was decimated he has all those new recruits made, and they were all hideous and mutants and shit, and when horus was defeated, corvax personally gave each of the surviving freaks the emperors peace. he knew they couldnt exist and he didnt delegate it to the other troops like most the other primarchs would, he man'd up and did it hisself
>>
>>44095484
Fulgrim was alright if not a bit of a perfectionist. before the whole daemon possessed sword thing
>>
Magnus was bro tier too, disabling prosperos orbital defenses and ordering his legion not to attack Russ's edgy tribe was a desperate attempt not to fuck his legion over totally in the eyes of the other legions. Too bad the outcome ruined his legion forever.
He was a bit of an uppity cunt though
>>
File: leman russ.gif (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
leman russ.gif
2 MB, 1280x720
>>44096325
NERD
>>
>>44096285
Fulgrim always struck me as a bitch. Maybe it's just the fact that I admire practicality and don't give a shot about aesthetics, but his methods always seemed pointlessly arrogant
>>
>>44096959
didnt fulgrim paint a picture with shit and blood? i only read his horus heresy book when it came out however long ago, and thats the only thing i really remember, that and him being a cunt to his black bro and cutting off dudes hands
>>
>>44096959
Fulgrim's basically the guy who wins Golden Demon awards not for the award itself but rather for the artistic process that led him to winning that award

I think they're called autists or something
>>
>>44096285
Fulgrim could be kind of a dickhead at times. Instead of hashing plans out ahead of time with his auxiliary forces so everyone would be on the same page, he'd jump his legion into a fight and then come discuss the ongoing plan with everyone else, and if anyone got annoyed he'd use his status as Emperor's son to shout them down.
>>
>>44095557
Ferrus was kind of a dick.
>>
>>44095484

Sanguinus wasn't a cunt, he loved his legion, to the point where he lied to his Father and all of his brothers about things like the Red Thirst so they wouldn't be eradicated.
>>
>>44093869
Like you said, some of them did. Most probably didn't, Khàrn included maybe...
>>
>>44096821
So that's what he looks like now (takes notes)
>>
>>44098045

Remember: Mono-eye's are for bullying.

(Gently)
>>
>>44098206
/d/, pls
>>
>>44095484
>>44095557
Vulkan wasn't based at all.

Best was easily Sangunius and Guilliman
>>
>>44093869
Nah. Some of them just sort of stoically deal with it, like the one guy in Talon of Horus.

It's like, real people often look to know their physical and mental limits, and where pain, fatigue, burnout, or waning focus starts to set in. The nails are just another wrinkle to that effect. A World Eater still in possession of their overall senses can just deal with them as part of their nature.
>>
>>44098269
Gently.
>>
>>44097027
Yeah, he's basically Dorian Gray with more spikes. A massive, spiky cunt
>>
>>44095484
Horus was a pretty alright guy, before he got taken on the Chaos Gods' ruse cruise and went nuts.
>>
>>44097054
No I don't think they are autists
>>
>>44097154

Ferrus seems to be portrayed sort of haphazardly. He seemed to be a bro, he just had a temper problem
>>
>>44099135
>He seemed to be a bro

Never, he was always an angry abrasive bitch.
>>
>>44095806

Khan was very much like the Lion - both bros, but with awful social skills, and neither really wanting to get mixed up in petty brotherly shit.
>>
>>44099205
>Lion
>not really wanting to get mixed up in petty brotherly shit.

He's just bad at it.
>>
>>44095484
Khan was a total bro.
>>
>>44095672
Lorgar cared a lot for his men and his Primarch brothers. Outside of that he's pure evil. Erebus cares for no one, so he's as evil as it gets and easily the evilest motherfucker in the setting.
>>
>>44099205
I don't think thats right. Lion failed to connect with any of his brothers besides Horus, and even then he was still sort of bitter that Horus got to be Warmaster over him. Khan was friends with both Magnus and Sanguinus, everyone loved Horus, I think he was on good terms with Russ but he was just generally so gungho about conquering the Galaxy for humanity that he was just never really there.
>>
>>44099205
Khan's big problem was that he was far more a warrior than a statesman. He knew his other brothers would see him as barbaric, and tried to keep his distance and use his Legion as they were meant to be used, fighting as outriders and against Xenos. Despite that, he was smart and generally well-spoken, so he found some bros that respected him.

The Lion was not only bad with social skills, but he had the problem of being 'the eldest' and (sometimes rightly) considering himself better than his kin. I'm not sure he really ever made friends.
>>
>>44098281
>Vulkan
>not based

AFTER A HALF DECADE OF SLUMBER, I AWAKEN...to call you a fukkboi.
>>
Angron was the most tragic primarch

He never had a say in anything he did. Everything was decided for him. He was always just a child.

If he never got the butcher's nails, he and his legion would probably have been the most level headed and compassionate of all the legions.
>>
>>44097054
What exactly is wrong with that?
>>
>>44099157
He wasn't angry, he was just really hardline on a lot of issues and always expected better than what he was given from his sons.

But that was his shtick. He admitted to being able to keep the clans of Medusa from fighting each other, but chose not to because it made them stronger to be constantly tested.
>>
>>44099758
Wasn't Kharn also friends with Sigismung and Angrel Tal or whatever that WB characters name was.

Erebus was/is the worst...but Calas Typhon wasn't much better.
>>
>>44098386
This. Seriously. He had the Mournival to keep him in check from making stupid things happen

Erebus single-handedly fucked the galaxy
>>
>>44103414
>He had the Mournival to keep him in check from making stupid things happen
not like that ever actually worked, but it was a nice idea.
>>
>>44097027
No, a remembrancer on his flagship painted a picture of Fulgrim with shit and blood. It became possessed or a conduit for a daemon of Slaanesh.
>>
>>44103414

>he had the mournival to make the legion think he included them in his decisions
>>
File: fulgrim.jpg (143 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
fulgrim.jpg
143 KB, 800x472
>>44102280
nothing wrong just pointing out that Fulgrim for all his flights of fancy and prettiness, was trying to celebrate/advance humanity in his own way
>>
File: World Eater1.jpg (125 KB, 691x800) Image search: [Google]
World Eater1.jpg
125 KB, 691x800
>they just wanted to be bros

;_;
>>
>>44095711
>The only outright cunts were angron
to be fair, Given how Angron had it during his youth - and for his meeting with the Emperor - it's not that surprising.
>>
File: Bros4life.jpg (171 KB, 1210x990) Image search: [Google]
Bros4life.jpg
171 KB, 1210x990
>>44106305
>His best friend gets shanked by the biggest cunt in existence
>He had the task of having to babysit a giant angry fuckwit
>Everybody expected him to step up after everything went to shit

No wonder he started killing everybody around him.
>>
>>44101463
This i cannot see at all.

The Warhounds were hotblooded, the nails only helped increase the aggression tenfold imo. It was heavily implied from Angron escaping the pod, that he was all about freedom.

That could go either way, they would be loyal, but would they be as loyal as they were to the Emperor with Angron there?
>>
>>44106718
to expand, because I missed the point out.

The whole thing about the Warhounds was there honour, savagery and martial prowess in Close combat. It is possible that this could have changed, but we are aware that Angron was quite the excellent and barbaric fighter from escaping the pod even without the nails and the gladiatorial stuff.
>>
File: Pre-Heresy_War_Hounds_small.jpg (147 KB, 424x424) Image search: [Google]
Pre-Heresy_War_Hounds_small.jpg
147 KB, 424x424
>>44106718
>>44106743
there big thing Pre-Angon was brotherhood though

that and their fisticuffs dog insignia
>>
>>44106802
Brotherhood was pretty key, but even then there were occasions where their temper got the better and blood flowed.

Fuck, there should be more Warhounds pre heresy armies around. Especially considering they were one of the last Legions to find their Primarchs.
>>
>>44101463
Curze and Angron were fucked by their world and fucked by the Emperor's commands. They never got to see the light and drowned in their darkness
>>
>>44096196
Shame the guilt and grief of what he was forced to do to his legion made him sort of snap poor guy.
>>
/r/ing that comic of Kharn and Lotara putting up with Angrons retarded shenanigans.
>>
>>44107366

The only one I have, sorry
>>
So, providing Erebus was absolutely carved up by Kharn in the pits. What would the be for the Blood Angles? as the Signus thing would have never had taken place.

I believe the Signus thing was after the events of Betrayer anyway.
>>
>>44107505
it would still have happened. it wasn't just Erebus, Kor phaeron had a finger in that game as well.
>>
File: kharn and angron.png (3 MB, 500x6500) Image search: [Google]
kharn and angron.png
3 MB, 500x6500
>>44107366
happy Kwanza nig
>>
File: kharna nd angron2.png (5 MB, 500x7500) Image search: [Google]
kharna nd angron2.png
5 MB, 500x7500
>>44107775
>>
>>44107775
>>44107826
Thanks mate.
>>
File: kharn and angron3.png (3 MB, 500x6500) Image search: [Google]
kharn and angron3.png
3 MB, 500x6500
>>44107942
>>
File: kharn and angron4.png (5 MB, 500x7500) Image search: [Google]
kharn and angron4.png
5 MB, 500x7500
>>44108035
and I'm out
>>
>>44108110
>>44108035
>>44107826
>>44107775
Thats fucking beautiful
>>
>>44095484
Leman Russ wasn't so much a cunt, so much as he was a hopeless Yes-man to The Emperor, doing anything he was asked without question. Plus, he loved the fuck out of his Legion.
>>
>>44106718
Rowboat says at one point that he suspects based on Angron's behavior during his moments of lucidity (specifically, the fact that he tends to be really observant and make really good, impassioned speeches) that he was originally meant to be one of the Emperor's more diplomatic Primarchs along with Lorgar and himself. Like Captain Picard in terms of speeches and passion but significantly more militaristic. Hence why Angron was one of only two primarchs to actually recognize that the Emperor was a tyrant. Of course, the Butcher's Nails screwed all that up, and we're left with the kill-happy lunatic.
>>
>>44108776
and I would not have it aaaanyyy otheerrrr waaaayyy!
>>
>>44099758
Corax hated Horus. Indeed he was probably the only surviving 30k Primarch who didn't.
>>
>>44108795
>adeptus custodes

.........ok
>>
>>44108851
It is from the Outcast dead, They are the World Eaters.

Pic related
>Tagore about to rip the spine from a custodes
>>
>>44108844
Angron too
"Let history mark my words well, for I care nothing about who sits proud on the Throne of Terra when the last day dawns. Horus is a fine commander, but that’s the limit of my admiration for that arrogant, preening bastard. I joined his rebellion because I can tolerate him easier than I can endure the abomination that names himself Master of Mankind. You want the truth of my life and death? I am Angron, the Eater of Worlds, and I am already dead. I died over a hundred years ago, in the mountains north of the city that enslaved me. I died after Desh'elika."

— Primarch Angron talking to his brother Lorgar
>>
If i remember correctly there were WE who refused to recieve the implant, so it was probably their choice to have them or not
>>
>>44108918
sweet
>>
File: corvax.png (77 KB, 239x193) Image search: [Google]
corvax.png
77 KB, 239x193
>>44096196
>corvax was a bro
>corvax
>>
File: angron_by_alexboca-d7930i6.jpg (3 MB, 1672x1150) Image search: [Google]
angron_by_alexboca-d7930i6.jpg
3 MB, 1672x1150
>>44108948
No doubt there were a small amount that did not take it, but they would be a very very small amount. There were Dreadnaughts who they would not risk, as they were relics to the Legion such as Lhorke, and the Librarians, which implantation was too unstable to attempt and use.

Lhorke puts it like this (without finding the quote because I am on the way to work):
They had the choice to turn their back on the Implants, they knew what they did to Angron, yet they chose to break themselves loosing all notions of Honour when the Nails bit.

No doubt Lhorke would have done the same if he was out of the Dreadnaught. The Legion on the whole chose to take the nails and so they would all get them.

Khârn pretty much says the same at the beginning of Betrayer when talking with Argel Tal.
>>
>>44099758
>I think he was on good terms with Russ
I always felt that Russ and Lion had a fairly one-sided relationship. Russ thinks that they are best bros who love to fight, Lion wishes this guy would stop yelling in his ear and punching his arm.
>>
>>44096196
>corvax was a bro
The Terran marines sure as hell didn't think that
>>
>>44109149
Didn't Angron kill all of the WE librarians?
>>
>>44109042

I am so glad someone other than me knows about this dude.
>>
>>44110367
Indirectly I guess. The Butcher's nails made most psykers explode. The remaining psykers tried to save Angron from Lorgar's heresy and failed.
>>
File: 242112.jpg (838 KB, 850x620) Image search: [Google]
242112.jpg
838 KB, 850x620
>>44110367
On ascension to daemonhood, They attempted to kill Lorgar or stop him.

This made Angron angry, the world eaters formed a circle, pushed all of them in that still lived and then Burned them up.

The Librarians before had the nails hammered in and had to be put down or died in the operation because it turned them into nukes on a very very short timer. The ones that were left by the end of the Ultramar shit were basically the last ones not to die in combat.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.