[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So one of my players just managed to bring their character back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: skel.jpg (414 KB, 1008x784) Image search: [Google]
skel.jpg
414 KB, 1008x784
So one of my players just managed to bring their character back from the dead as a flaming skeleton in a suit of vampiric magic armour full of wood alcohol that he has hacked so that it can be fuled by booze rather than blood.

He is now a booze lich/vampire who reeks of burning meths and cooked bacon.

Given that this was our last session of the year I now have about three weeks to work out what the fuck I'm going to do with this.

How did the last session you ran go?
>>
Pretty good. We cleared most of a dungeon, and generally had a good time.

>>44083225
... Maybe the church continues to send knights and adventurers after him or something?
>>
Clearly less interesting than yours, Anon.
>>
>>44083225
My Diablo 1 inspired dungeon is being literally crawled through as my players are still very slow to learn.

>Been 3 years now, "What do I roll to attack?"

They're lucky I'm very, very, VERY patient.
>>
>>44083225
How did this happen, if you can't deal with it why did you let it happen?
>>
>>44083725
I'm sure it was because of "rule of cool" bullshit. Why even play an rpg if your just going to shut all over the rules
>>
>>44083725
A combination of logical call backs to things I'd allowed them to do in the past and a set of magic armour they piked off an NPC they let die because they were convinced he was a bad guy.

It's not that I can't deal with it, it's more that planning out "What to do if a player becomes a brandy fueled ghost rider" wasn't something I thought to do in advance because it seemed statistically unlikely to come up.

>>44083779
I'm running a rules light game with a narrative focus so yeah I let weird shit slide if I think it's cool and it isn't breaking any rule of the world setting, if I was running a crunch heavy game they probably wouldn't have got away with it.
>>
>>44083946
Ah, verisimilitude, thy name is the devil. Have you come to my hearth once more the hurt me so. Good luck dealing with liquor fuelled ghost rider. Have some music, it may help get your mood in the right place to deal with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4
>>
File: Inhuman Torch.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Inhuman Torch.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>44083946
A concerned noble pays for the creation of a fire brigade.
>>
>>44083606
>Been 3 years now, "What do I roll to attack?"

Are you me? This is my group.
>>
>>44083225
>>44083946

It's so obvious what you do.

Have the BBEG manage to invoke a prohibition on alcohol. Fuel for his hatred-suit is diminishing fast, and you must now join forces with an unlikely cadre of rum-runners and elf smugglers, all while staying one step ahead of the law.
>>
>>44084265
Funnily enough that character's motivation was already that they discovered that in a potential future timeline the BBEG introduced prohibition.

He was also slightly put off by the whole "necromancy and siding with demons" thing but it was mainly the lack of alcohol that was a deal breaker.
>>
>>44084365
Well, fuck. The booze-powered suit makes plenty of sense then.

I guess you could go the whole Iron Man route and claim that the booze suit is slowly killing him and he needs to refine the booze suit and make a better hooch-reactor and use finer grain alcohol that can only be obtained by visiting the finest dwarven brewmasters and going from there.

Except the dwarf was kidnapped and now they gotta go to the Underdark to save him.
>>
>>44084365
Why would a skeleton be bothered by necromancy?
>>
>>44084687
Read OP again. He wasn't always a skellington. It was likely more of an issue before he died and came back to life as Ghost Rider.
>>
>>44084730
Wait so when it says he came back from the dead as a flaming skeleton what happened after that?
>>
>>44084747
Nothing. The OP just said that was the last session and now he's stumped.

...Did you even read it?
>>
>>44084768
I dont read anything that suggests that the character is not currently a flaming skeleton. Especially when he is described later as a brandy fueled ghost rider.
>>
>>44084217
Yeah, if you don't pay them they burn your house down, izzat it?
>>
>>44084800
Is currently, but was not always.
>>
>>44083225
>>44083946

Ok, well for starters he's obviously going to be shit and hiding and stealth...like autofail bad. He's leaving behind a lot of soot so he's easily tracked by anyone not-blind. He can't go anywhere where there's dry fuel/tinder, which doesn't just include wooden structures, but most forests and plains under certain conditions. Any of his comrades who breathe will suffocate in an enclosed space or succumb to carbon monoxide poisoning. Depending on where he's standing he'll fuck the party's night vision.

That's just the one's off the top of my head.

>meths

British Empire influence detected. You have no idea how confusing it is trying to sift through what that actually means when I'm trying to find fuel for my antique camping stoves.
>>
>>44083225
My players destroyed a gate to the Elemental Plane of Earth, and are currently on their way to fight Imix, the Elemental Prince of Fire.

As much as I like the group, I get the unshakable feeling that they are going to get their shit utterly kicked in.
>>
>>44087201
He used to be a soldier with a drinking problem, then he got promoted into a political office and managed to magically link his blood stream directly to alcohol to avoid all the pesky having to drink part of being permanently drunk, then he nobley sacrificed himself to stop the last bad guy reincarnating.

And now he is an alcohol power flaming skeleton.

These things happen sometimes.
>>
>>44083606
Truly a saint. It's not easy to play with idiots who refuse to learn.

I still love my group though.
>>
>>44083606
Normally, I'm no advocate for violence, but if you want to hang them, I'll hand you a rope
>>
>>44083946
>What to do if a player becomes a brandy fueled ghost rider
Pitch him against cocaine fueled ghost rider
>>
File: doomrider.png (1 MB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
doomrider.png
1 MB, 1200x960
>>44093197
pic very related
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.