[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fate/Maimed Reality(previously Amnesia Quest) -Season Finale-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: amnesia.jpg (27 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
amnesia.jpg
27 KB, 600x377
"John, is that you?"
You recognize her voice instantly. It's the only person who visited you at the hospital. You're surprised, especially because apparently someone gave her your number.
"Yes, I am John. You're the girl who visited me. I have kept my promise: I haven't forgotten you".
For a few minutes, she doesn't say anything. Then she answers. "Thank you. It means a lot to me. Are you doing alright?" Hard to answer that question. You've been dragged into a deadly war, and maybe you should be grateful you're alive. Then what's this bad sensation overcoming you? Guilt?
"Yes, sort of. Classes are boring, but I have nice friends." Why would you feel guilty to begin with? You were just defending yourself. You haven't harmed anybody.
"Oh... are they nice?"
"Who are you talking about?"
"Your... new friends, you know"
Something's off with her tone of voice. You catch a hint of disappointment.
"I guess. I haven't had time to get to know them them properly."
"Ok... well don't forget you have a friend here, too, ok? A friend who cares very much."
"I would never forget that", you say, oddly confident in that statement.
This seems to cheer her up, as she laughs softly. "Good bye Johnathan, see you around"
"See you", you answer mechanically.

'See' whom and how? You don't even know her name, and you didn't bother to ask her either. What a failure of a friend.

Thinking about friends, you gaze upon your 'new' arm: Saber's gift. You feel another pang of guilt. Maybe if you had talked with Rin yesterday she would have given you something like that, too. Saber is lacking an arm now, possibly because of your negligence.

(1/2)
>>
>>44075724

(2/2)

"No need for all this drama, Master. You couldn't have possibly known. I do what a Servant does: I protect my Master".
Saber probably read in your thoughts thanks to the powerful bond you share.
"I don't think I could thank you enough Saber."
"No need for that. Let's just come out on top of this struggle, ok?"
You nod, with newfound confidence.

Your phone vibrates again, signaling that you received a new text.
You open the phone and read it
"See me at your earliest convenience. Nurse".
You can feel your insides twisting and the sweat fall off your brow. Emi and the Nurse are friends, are you going to get expelled?

>Go visit him right away
>Go back to class.
>>
>>44075732
>Go visit him right away
Gotta listen to the trained medical professional who's totally not shady at all.

>-Season Finale-
>mfw can't stay for the whole thing
>>
>>44075904
that sucks. I promise it will all be in the pastebin. There's gonna be another season, I just need a couple of days hiatus

No point in beating about the bush. If this is the end, then so be it.
"Come on Saber. We have a meeting with a professional"
Saber disappears in his camouflage, and you head for the nursery.

You can feel your heart beat almost twice as fast as normal. Fear is overcoming you, a fear you didn't feel when you were fighting Caster or Rider. The fear of not being able to protect yourself, and the fear of not being able to protect Saber.

You knock on the door. After a brief pause, the door opens. The Nurse isn't in a good mood apparently, but there's no trace of Emi around.
Maybe she hasn't rat on you after all, but the chances are slim.

"How are you doing, Johnathan? John? Which one is it?"
"Johnathan. But everyone seems to call me John, which I don't mind."
"John then. So? Everything in order?"
the military tone and the cadence with which he asks questions, coupled with his mood, make you feel profoundly uncomfortable.
"Sure, I guess".
He raises an eyebrow. 'Oh no', you think, 'Here comes the trick question'
"So why are you not in class?"

(1/2)
>>
>>44076146

'Checkmate'. "I was feeling a bit nauseous. Nothing serious, really."
"Hm". The nurse doesn't seem satisfied with your answer. He frowns again.
"Your homeroom teacher told me you were absent in the evening class. He also told me you were often absent-minded during his lectures. John, if something's troubling you, both physically and mentally, you ought to tell us. This school is based around catering for such special needs. I am going to tell Mutou you have nausea, but next time, come straight to me, ok?"
"Ok", you say reluctantly. "sorry about that".
The Nurse seems to return to his former self, smiling widely and giving you a thumb up.
"No problem, you're excused this time!". You smile back and prepare to leave.
"Oh, and one more thing". The nurse stops you in your tracks. "Can you tell Emi I am looking for her? Haven't seen her today yet after her daily running."
"Sure".
"Thanks, buddy! Now we're even".
Another smile, another thumb up.

As you get out, you thank your good luck. That was a close call, and it was a literal miracle that Emi hadn't visited the Nurse yet.

As you walk around the corridors, you think of who might know about Emi's position.

>Ask Kenji
>Ask Rin
>>
>>44076167
>Ask Rin
We're friends now! And we might want to tell her the recent news if she hasn't heard, so she doesn't have to worry.

>nurse didn't comment on the obvious grafted arm
worry.jpg
>>
>>44076211
the newly grafted arm looks exactly like your old arm. Should I make it more clear in the pastebin?

Rin is probably the most informed. She confessed to being friends with Emi, and even if she has no clue where she is, she might probably want to know about the end of the struggle.

You head to the art room, crossing empty corridors and moving from floor to floor.
Sometimes you turn around to check on Saber.
You've discovered you can see him even when he's camouflaged now that he's given you his arm. It makes you feel safer, albeit you were aware that he was always standing at your side.
You knock on the door gently.
"Come on in", you hear Rin say.
"Oh, it's you". A mix of surprise and disappointment. Did she not expect you to come back alive.
"Don't worry: Emi is unharmed."
She sighs. "Physically, no. Mentally? You probably break her."

Rin's words cut deeper than a knife. The guilt you've been harboring finally takes form. You feel guilty for killing her spirit. Then again, it couldn't be helped. It's the law of the Jungle: kill or be killed. And you came out on top.

"I am sorry. I did all I possibly could to minimize damages".
You start to wonder if Lily's right. If the Grail never arrived in this dimension, maybe this could have been avoided entirely.

Rin shrugs. "That doesn't matter. It doesn't change her, her past, or her feelings right now. The fact that you tried very hard doesn't matter at all."
Rin's standoffish attitude is starting to get to you, better check yourself before you say something impulsive.

>"What about the charm you gave her? You made me promise not to hurt her, and then you gave her the tools to tear me apart"
>"Right now this doesn't matter. The Nurse sent me to look for Emi, says he's worried about her. Where is she?"
>>
>>44076448
>"Right now this doesn't matter. The Nurse sent me to look for Emi, says he's worried about her. Where is she?"

>Should I make it more clear in the pastebin?
No need. It's not really a big issue.
You should, however, post the pastebin for anyone who wants to join in.

>If the Grail never arrived in this dimension, maybe this could have been avoided entirely.
Is it time for pic related?
>>
>>44076544
FUGG I forgot about that

For the newcomers among you:

Welcome to Fate/Maimed Reality. In the previous episoded, you've faced off against your Nemesis, Emi, and emerged victorious. You narrowly escaped death and lost an arm in the process. (Now you have a new one with is Saber's gift).

For full info:
http://pastebin.com/BKCC7eyJ

gonna wait some more for other replies
>>
>>44076448
>"What about the charm you gave her? You made me promise not to hurt her, and then you gave her the tools to tear me apart"
>"If that's how you want to play I might want to cut loose too"
Flex that saber arm.
>>
"Right now that does not matter. The Nurse sent me to look for Emi, says he's worried about her. Where is she?"

Another shrug. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. You're about to lose your temper when she replies.
"Probably in her dormitory room. Of course, in case she was there after all, you couldn't enter it." she closes her eyes and looks pensively.
"Women only. No guys allowed. Unless you want to get expelled."
"I see"

A few seconds of silence. The she speaks up again. "You really believed me didn't you? You're so gullible."
"Well how was I supposed to tell it was a joke? You never change face or tone of voice!"
"From the context", she answers with a calm that would put Shaolin masters to shame.

You shake your head in disbelief. Has she really forgotten that you've been a student here for less than a week? How are you supposed to know what is allowed and what is not?

She slowly gets up, puts her feet into her shoes, and signals you to follow her with her head.

"Come on, let's go looking for her."
You head for the door, then she suddenly stops and turns around.
"But keep your distance"
"Why?"
"Otherwise they're going to think that we're going to fornicate", she answers in the most plain tone possible.
You try to muster your composure as much as possible, but you can't help stuttering.
"H-how d-d-do you even think of such thing?"
She probably feels some sort of pleasure in making people uneasy. You remember Kenji warning you about putting your pecker in crazy, and you mentally thank him for the advice.

"What's the deal with the charm you gave Emi? That almost got me killed."
"If you asked me I would have given one to you too".
Dang. So it was not just paranoia.
You think of how to change the topic

>Ask her about Emi
>Ask her about Emi's wish
>>
>>44076448
>The Nurse sent me to look for Emi, says he's worried about her. Where is she?"
>>
File: 1449625006783.gif (980 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1449625006783.gif
980 KB, 500x269
>>44076895
>Ask her about Emi's wish
>>
>>44076895
>Ask her about Emi
Gossiping about other people's wishes is rude.

Phone posting is hard.
>>
>>44077066
I appreciate your dedication, Anon
>>44076956

"Why is Emi so involved with this war? She must have something she really want, right?"
No response. You try again.
"What can you tell me about her? Nurse said she was a nice girl, my experience was a little bit different. I guess we all have our points of view."

She keeps walking in front of you in absolute silence. 'Well this explains her lack of friends, I guess'.
She walks with a rather quick pace, and you notice she's wearing a male uniform rather than a female one. Maybe it's for additional mobility with her legs?

You wonder how it must be not to have arms. Or how she felt losing her arms. After all, it's a topic you can relate to, but that is probably not very pleasant to discuss.

"You must be very passionate about arts", you say, trying to spark up the conversation again.
"And you must be the new student. What is the purpose of stating the obvious?"
At this point, you don't even feel upset. You just find yourself hoping that this excruciating experience will finish soon.

After a while, you arrive to a locked door. Rin turns around and stares at you.
"The keys."
"Which keys?"
"My keys"
"What about them?"
"They're in my pants. Get them for me".

You try to look as natural as possible while fondling in her pockets, but you still hope no one is passing by. Your nervousness makes you more clumsy and it takes a couple of minutes before you finally find the key.
You unlock the door and tread inside. Rin stops at the second door on the right, the closest to the kitchen. She signals you to knock.

"Who is it?", answers a faint voice inside.
"Rin".

>Say nothing
>"...and Johnathan".
>>
>>44077207
>"...and Captain Hook"
You owe me an arm hue
>>
>>44077268
>>44077207
By the way this is a joke
>"...and Johnathan".
>>
>>44077207
>>"...and Johnathan
>>
>>44077207
> Other
"...And the one armed man"
>>
John "I lost an arm and I still have two left" cenaathan
>>
>>44077285
>>44077429
>>44077448
>>44077470

"...and the guy whose arm you severed. Remember me?"
A moment of hesitation. Rin looks at you funny, probably not knowing the whole backstory behind your new arm.
"Come on in", says the same feeble voice.
You open the door to find Emi lying on her bed, her head hidden in her pillow, her prosthetics in a corner. She's sobbing.

"If you came to kill me, do so quickly and painlessly, please."
"Don't be ridiculous. Why would I kill you?"
"Then why did you come here?"
"The Nurse sent me. He's worried about you. We were worried too, you know?"
"Actually I..." Rin stops mid-sentence, struck by a severe case of your elbow in her stomach. "I was worried too."
"Get away from here. Get away from me. All of you, I don't give a shit about you just like you don't give a shit about me. No exception."

Your gaze wanders around Emi's room: it looks like a very ordinary room for a girl of her age.
Two pairs of prosthetics are standing against the wardrobe, one for running and one for walking. The elastics which usually tie her hair in ponytails are laying on the ground, and a folded wheelchair is leaning against the front of the bed.

"If you didn't want us, why did you open the door?", you ask, puzzled.
"So you could kill me quickly. So was I hoping, at least"
"Why are you so eager to cross the pale of Death? Didn't Pheidippides teach you anything, about moving forward and never losing sight of the objective?"

She raises from her bed, he eyes puffy and teary.
"Do not mention his name ever again, you little prick. You will never be half the man he was, so don't soil his name by putting it in your mouth." She lets out a mean laugh. "What do you know about me, you bastard? "Never lose sight of your objective", who do you take me for? I knew very well what my objective was, before you came along and ruined everything".

>"You struck first"
>"Well then, tell me about you."
>>
>>44077767
>>"Well then, tell me about you.
>>
>>44077767
>"You struck first"
>"You did lose sight, you were blindly charging forward. "
Bitch you tried to kill a nigga
>"Well then, tell me about you."
>>
>>44077799
>>44077848

You find it rather infuriating that the girl who tried to kill you has now the nerve to blame you for the whole predicament.

"You attacked me first, and didn't even have the decency to propose me an alliance like the other girls did. Maybe if you tried reaching out to me I would have helped you! This is what Rider was talking about, you keep people at an arm's length! Give us a chance to help you."

"Get out of my room. Both of you."
Her answer is cold as ice.
You are about take your leave. Then you notice the same blue string you pulled yesterday, emanating from her legs, heart and brain.
Maybe you can see it thanks to Saber's arm

>touch it
>get out

sorry for the short interlude. No, this is not *that* dark blue burning thread, just the one Saber asked you to pull
>>
>>44078038
>touch it
Fondle it gently
>>
>>44078038
>>touch it
>>
>>44078079
I like you anon.
>>44078124
Sorry for the delay everyone

You reach forward for the string,reality around you slows until it stops.
Then, you feel yourself being sucked into another reality. A familiar one: an hospital.
Everything is white around you, you can only see a girl laying on a bed, plenty of tubes and machineries connected to her body. It's Emi, maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

A man in a long white dress comes forward.
A doctor, presumably.

He is looking rather intently at a piece of paper stapled to a cardboard he holds.

"Ibarazaki Emi. Correct?"
"Yes..." you can hear Emi answer faintly.
"That accident could have costed you dearly. It's a miracle you made it."
"Why can't I feel my legs?"
"We had to amputate them. The damage they sustained was simply too severe. My most heartfelt apologies".
"Wow, this guy is a douche!", you say out loud.
Nobody seems to notice. Emi's eyes widen considerably.
She probably received the most shocking news in her life, you think.
Then you reconsider the very moment little Emi takes the word once more.
"What of my father?"
The doctor has a look of distress, as you put all the pieces together.
"We will let you know soon enough".
"No, wait..."
But it is too late: the doctor has turned his back on Emi and is leaving.
As the door opens, you slowly return to normality.

"You don't want to see where the burning black one goes, trust me", whispers Saber in your head. "This is heartbreaking enough".
Did he project it? Is he trying to help you bond with her? And especially, what more heart-ripping scenes can he have possibly withstood, all the while sheltering you from them?

"Did you hear me? Get out of my room", Emi repeats. You found it hard back then to sympathize with her, but turning your back on her right now means that Saber's efforts have been in vain. Maybe you should at least try.

>"Your dad... that's why you fight, right?"
>"Keeping people away from you will make you weaker, not stronger. Give us a chance, please"
>>
>>44078835
>"Your dad... that's why you fight, right?"
>"Keeping people away from you will make you weaker, not stronger. Give us a chance, please"
>>
>>44078889
>>44078835
Oh
>"Do you think those who care about you would want you to spend your life alone, shunning those who try to get close, only for you to fall down and not have single hand to pull you back up?"
>"Struggling alone you might as well just give up"
>>
File: ShirouUCopening.jpg (21 KB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
ShirouUCopening.jpg
21 KB, 300x223
actually
when you lose your footing you'll need someone's legs to stand on
LET ME BE YOUR LEGS
>>
>>44078889
>>44078889

"Why do you insist on struggling alone? How far have do you think you will go? Don't you think that those who care about you would want to be close to you, to pull you up when you fall down?"
"I CAN PULL ME UP MYSELF!"
"And this is why you asked me to kill you? There's nothing shameful in asking for help, unless you are afraid to ask for it. I don't think Rin or I would deny you our support. But if you keep struggling alone, you might as well give up." You smile earnestly. "This is why a running routine is best done in pair."

Your words seem to have had an impact on her. She's probably to proud to admit it out loud, but you can see it on her face.
She blushes a little, but remains firm in her position.

"I would prefer to be alone with Rin right now. Please."

It's probably better to respect her boundaries right now. No need to overstep. At least some progress was made.

"Come on Saber, let's get out of here", you tell him telepathically.

You turn around and reach for the door, but a voice holds you back at the last minute.

"Hey, John... Thank you."
You didn't expect this of Emi, but you're pleasantly surprised.
"No problem. Just remember to visit the Nurse later, or he'll want my head."
You pull the door open, then turn you head towards her once more.
"I think he would be proud. Of you. Of all the things you've done".
Her eyes swell in size, more than you could have thought possible.
You leave the room hoping to have made a new friend.

You spend the rest of the day studying for the upcoming tests. Might as well plan ahead.
The night finds you completely exhausted, and your dreams are once more agitated: this time you dream of a man who walked one thousand paths.

The unpleasantly familiar noise of a knock on the door wakes you up.
'Damn, I guess I can now fully regret every cent spent on my alarm', you think bitterly, as you're torn between going back to sleep or open the door.

>Try to fall asleep again
>Open the door
>>
>>44079227
>Open the door

"you dream of a man who walked one thousand paths."
hahaha
>>
>>44079227
>>Open the door
>>
>>44079311
Why do you laugh man, imagine all the calluses
>>44079345

You get up to open the door, still half-asleep.
"OH HEY MAN, HOW ARE YOU?"
A familiar smell of garlic and an annoying familiar voice greet you.
It's Kenji.
"Kenji, do you even know what time is it?"
"Yeah man, it's late. So late. In fact, it might be too late. Maybe the feminist conspiracy has already been set in motion and we can't stop it now."
He stops for a moment, pondering his options. "In that case we are as good as dead. But anyway!" he instantly cheers up, "how is the war going? How many feminists have you killed?"
"This war is not about killing people. It's about defeating servants, remember?"
"Yeah man, whatever. If I could, I would kill them all. Especially with a power like Saber's!"
"Not a chance", you hear Saber stating coldly in your head.

The thought of Kenji as a potential Master sends chills down your spine
"Are you at least winning dude? You're the last hope of men worldwide."
"So far, so good, Kenji. We defeated 2 Servants, 4 more to go."
His smile widens. "Actually, only 3! I've learned from... ehm... secret sources, that Assassin is dead!"
You raise an eyebrow in suspicion.
"Really? Who informed you?"
A smug grin appears on Kenji's face. "I have my secret informers. Apparently assassin was some Jewish Zealot, the head of an organization of fanatics known as "Sicarii". Berserker destroyed him in one shot".

You can't decide what's more suspicious, Kenji's sources or Assassin's apparent death. He might very well be faking it, at the command of her Master.
"Thank you very much for this information, Kenji."
"No worries man! Keep it up! Fight the good fight!"

You're left pondering who would help Kenji, and especially, why. Then you consider he probably set up an espionage system on his own, just like he did last time.

The day is just beginning, and strategic planning is in order.

>Visit the Nurse to see if Emi reported in
>Go to class
>>
>>44079598
>Visit the Nurse to see if Emi reported in
>>
>>44079598
Visit the nurse to see if Emi reported in
>>
>>44079684
>>44079981

It would be a good thing to check out on the Nurse first. After all we want to ensure Emi's well being before moving further.

The Nurse greets you with a wide smile and his bright mood.
"Hello young one, how can I help you today?"
"Well, do you happen to know anything about Emi? I visited her yesterday and told her to come here, but I can't be sure she did in fact do so."
The Nurse smiles even widely. "Oh she did, she told me you've been very nice to her. Thank you, John. I am in your debt".
"No need to thank me. I think I have to go now, before class begins."
The Nurse turns around to check the clock.
"Right, you better get going! See you around John, and stay out of trouble!"
'Like I could if I wanted'.

Misha, Shizune and Hanako are all absent, again. Mutou doesn't seem to notice, and Miki tells you that those people often skip class for a reason or another. It is not unlikely that Mutou got used to it.

You find the topics of lecture rather boring, except history and english. You really don't have an issue with scientific subjects, they just seem overall less appealing to you.
The ringing of the bell wakes you up from your catatonic state, and you head to the cafeteria as usual.
Then, you see a familiar figure walking towards you.
"Hello"
"Hello, Rin. How are you?"
"Like every other day. Are you gonna join me and Emi for lunch on the rooftop?"
The offer pleases you immensely: literally anything would be better than the noisy, messy, crowded cafeteria.
"Sure, let me just get my lunch at the counter"
"No need, we have enough food for three"
"Sounds good to me, means I won't eat insipid food today! Let's get going, shall we?"
As Rin nods, you see a figure with the corner of your eye.
Pink hair, combed in drills: it can be only one person in this school. If Misha really is alone, then extracting information from her would be much easier than if Shizune was around.
Rin looks at you expectantly.
"So,shall we go?"

>"I can't, sorry"
>"Let's go"
>>
>>44080150
>"Let's go"
>>
>>44080150
>>"Let's go"
"of course!"
>>
>>44080150
> Let's go
To hell with drills.
>>
>>44080150
TG IS BACK ONLINE BITCH
FUCK YEAH
>>
here I am boys

"Sure, let's go"
You feel a voice in the back of your head. "Master, maybe this is a poor decision"
"Don't worry Saber: to pay and to die there's always time".

You follow Rin upstairs, where Emi is waiting for you. It's the first time you see her smile.
"Hello Johnathan. Thanks for joining us. Please enjoy your 'Sorry-for-trying-to-kill-you' lunch"
"I never tried to kill John"
"Rin, please".
You let out an heartily laugh. "Thank you girls for having me over. You saved my poor stomach from Cafeteria's food."
Emi passes you a bag of food, and you eat it fast enough to amaze the girls.
"John ,have you been skipping meals lately?"
"Come to think about it, I haven't had dinner last night. I guess I wasn't really in the mood"
"That's not good, John!" Emi gets up and starts waggling her finger against you in admonition
"You should always eat three meals a day, and from all the food groups! It's very important to keep healthy..."
Her tirade seems to bore Rin out, who just slips back into her shoes and leaves.
"Hey you, where are you going?", asks Emi, irritation in her voice.
"I have a good idea for a painting. Besides if I wanted to hear you lecture us on balanced diets I would have just read the Nurse's posters"

Emi blushes heavily. "I am sorry John, I guess sometimes I can be a bit overbearing".
You wave it off with a gesture of your hand. "Thank you for your concern, I will be alright".
"Look John, there's one more thing I must tell you, now that we're alone"
"Hm?"
"I don't know what you've seen though Saber's Reality Marble. Just, please.... keep it a secret, ok?"
Emi hits you with the most convincing puppy eyes she can muster. It is almost impossible to deny her anything when she asks like that.
"Alright. Set your own pace, it's only fair. Just don't be scared to ask for help. Your friends are here for this", you answer with a smile.

(1/2)
>>
>>44080628

(2/2)

"Master! Servants moving towards the Reality Marble." Saber's message reaches you through your bond.

“How many?”
“Only one, it seems”
“Must be Misha, then. She’s really alone. We have no chances against Berserker AND Lancer together, but if Shizune is not there, this could be our day. I think we must leave”

You get up and turn towards Emi. “I will keep your secret safe. Now I must go. Thanks again.

You head to the running track as fast as you can, and apparently only Misha is there.
She doesn’t seem in the mood for a fight. She is rather just looking pensively at the sky, maybe using the Reality Marble to cover her presence

>Approach her amicably
>Try to hide your position
>>
>>44080644
>Approach her amicably
>>
>>44080644
>Approach her amicably
Be on your guard, this could be a trap.
>>
>>44080700
>>44080708

“Hey Misha!” You shout. She looks sad and pensive. But when she turns around, she smiles brightly at you.
“Hey John! Nice to see you here! Wahah”
An awkward silence falls. You try to break the ice.
“Have you heard of what happened to Assassin?”
She nods proudly. “Yes! Me and Berserker destroyed that sneaky bastard. Aren’t we the best?” She lets out another loud laughter.
You are astonished. This is already the second Servant Berserker destroys single-handedly. Truly he is a force to be reckoned with, and his brute strength is unrivaled.
“What are you doing here?”
“Nothing! Nothing! Just thinking a bit!” she say, smiling widely and with her arms on her hips.

(1/2)
>>
>>44080822
(2/2)

But! I have to stop you now, John. No hard feelings ok? Ok! Shizune is counting on me!”
“Are you going to fight me?”
“Wahahah! No silly, not you! Saber, of course! He’s very powerful so I have to take him out”
“I thought you also wanted a truce”
“Well, Shizune said that we must think stra-te-gi-cal-ly, and that since you don’t want peace you want war! Wahah, now you’ll see Johnny, Berserker is the strongest! Get him!”
Appearing out of nowhere, Berserker lunges with mad rage at Saber. Ananke materializes in Saber’s only arm effortlessly, but the hit still pushes him backwards.
Berserker lets out a scream that sends chills down your spine. Wielding his sword again, he charges at full speed against Saber, who dodges the attack and tries to strike back. With superhuman speed, Berserker turns around and stops the incoming attack. Ananke flies away from Saber’s hand, who narrowly manages to avoid Berseker’s cleave. Reaching out for Ananke and bracing for attack, Saber blocks one more lunge. It is clear that he’s getting the short end of the straw, and as he’s being forced on the defensive.
‘If just he had one more arm’, you think.
Another counterattack of Saber gets blocked, and Berserker manages to hit Saber with the broad side of the sword, sending him on the ground. Saber’s excellent reflexes kick in again, allowing him to get up with a single backflip.

You have to think quickly.. If you were to try and materialize Ananke, you could fight against him together.
Or even better, if you managed to repeat Saber’s evocation tune for his Reality Marble.

>materialize Ananke
>Materialize the Reality marble
>>
>>44080839
>materialize Ananke
Couldn't we use ananke to distract Berserker so Saber materializes the Reality Marble?
>>
>>44080886
Doesn't really make sense. A Reality Marble is more easily conjured if you sing the cantrip together.
>>
>>44080911
Hmm true, but wouldn't it make us extra vulnerable?
Well I guess we'll go with the marble then.
>>
>>44080839
> Materialize the reality marble
>>
>>44080923
>>44080948

You try to remember the text of his cantrip. Then it all comes back to you mind, as you and Saber start singing it together.
"The stream flows, and the birds sing
The wind blows, and the rain pours
The clouds fleet, as the sun once more shinesAnd this wicked heart beats, one last time."

The sky turns dark once more, and thousand of string appear out of thin air.
Only one golden and thick line exists for both you and Saber, but many entangle Misha and her Servant.
“Master, have you noticed how we only have one string? This is because we are both amnesiac. The only thing we have is each other.”

Berserker is struggling to move, covered how he is in all his past emotions, desires and all his memories. Saber quickly exploits the moment to swing with full force at Misha and Berserker’s bond. But it doesn’t thin out, nor does it break. Rather, it turns into the familiar black and dark blue burning rope you saw around Emi’s heart, legs and head.

“Incredible”, you hear Saber whisper. “Their bond is…their Core Heartache”
“WAHAHA! You weren’t expecting that, were you Johnny? Well, well, too bad! Finish him, Berserker!”
Berserker regains balance and, with a single stretch of his body, tears apart all the strings that had appeared around him, except what Saber appears to call “Core Heartache”. His massive sword falls upon Saber with physics-defying speed.
There is simply nothing Saber can do. The blade falls upon him, shattering his helmet and piercing all the way through his heart
“SABER!”
>>
>>44080980
well fuck it can we still mess with that black blue thing?

SEEEIBA
>>
>>44080980

As he lies on the ground, with the familiar golden haze surrounding him, you can finally see his face: a handsome young fellow with hazelnut eyes and messy brown hair.
Misha’s face is a mask of terror. She, much like you, has finally recognized who Saber is.
“Hicchan…”, she whispers. Even Berserker seems paralyzed.
You try to walk close to him in his last moments. “I am sorry Saber… I was not strong enough to save you”.
His smile is sweet and understanding. “Do not worry, Master. You did your best. You still have my arm. Please, use it to fix this reality… whatever it takes. It is the most important things.”
“I promise you, Saber. I promise, you Hisao. I will fix it”.
“Then I leave with no regrets”, he says, smiling, and fading back into nothing.

A rumor of footsteps makes you turn. Shizune arrives with her Hoplite on her side.
Her eyes are red, and her cheeks are streaked with tears.
“I speak on my Master’s behalf: I saw what you did, Misha”
“No, Shizune, please, I couldn’t know it was Hicchan…”
Shizune raises an hand, as to wave off any excuse.
“You acted on your own. You didn’t discuss this with me. And now Hisao is dead, again. Stay away from me!” Lancer conveys these words without any of the feelings Shizune is probably feeling right now. Then, quietly as they came, Lancer and his Master leave.

There’s a pink haired girl in the running track, her hair combed into drill. She’s bent on the floor, crying her eyes out. She might have just committed the greatest mistake of her life.

===== SEASON ONE END =====

We'll see each other in some days, boys!

Maybe tomorrow I will have a small Q&A, if you want.

One more fun fact.
John, the protagonist, doesn't take inspiration from Fate/Extra, as I learned about the game only after I laid out the plans for the quest.
Hisao/Saber, however, takes inspiration from the "Secrets", creatures in the Eureka Seven universe..
>>
>>44081027
I would like that Q&A.

>I learned about the game - after - I laid plans for the quest
Huh, surprising.

See you tomorrow! I'll probably only join halfway through.
>>
>>44081115
There will be no gaming session tomorrow
>surprising

How so?
>>
>>44081130
>There will be no gaming session tomorrow
For the Q&A I meant

I dunno how well I'm expressing myself since it's p. late here.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.