[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ogre Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Ogre1.png (53 KB, 393x452) Image search: [Google]
Ogre1.png
53 KB, 393x452
I have always wanted to run a quest based on shitty doodles, and today is the day I finally give it a try. But enough preamble.

You are an ogre - a bundle of muscle and hunger. While your mental capacity may leave something to be desired, your capacity for crude violence is something to be admired.

Having recently come of age, you've set out to make something of yourself. A strange wanderlust has come over you, a zest for adventure you never knew you had - and besides, if you show up back home again without at least one cool trophy to your name, the tribe shaman has threatened to use you for spell ingredients.

Now the world is your oyster - all you have to do is pry it open and eat it.

For any action you want to perform, roll 1d10. If there are differences in opinion, the majority vote wins if I can't think of any good compromises. Shitposts will be ignored.

Please stand by for the start of your adventure.
>>
File: Ogre2.png (247 KB, 802x942) Image search: [Google]
Ogre2.png
247 KB, 802x942
>>44075707
You find yourself on the path out of your tribe's home of Knuckle Crag. Since your people has long since killed and eaten everything living in the mountains, your only hope of making a name for yourself lies out there in the great unknown.

Before you lies the great Splintery Woods. According to your shaman, the smaller folks make their homes on the other side. No humans, elves, gnomes or otherwise have been seen around here for generations.

A strange plank-on-a-pole is sticking out of the ground next to you, bearing strange squiggles of unknown significance.

You are unarmed and unharmed.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>44075716
Take the plank on the pole
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44075716
Take the plank on the pole
>>
>>44076120
Shit, I posted twice sorry
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

Smash the sign
>>
File: Ogre3.png (67 KB, 732x426) Image search: [Google]
Ogre3.png
67 KB, 732x426
>>44076102
>>44076259
You pull the strange pole out of the crusty earth. The flimsy planks attached to it break off almost immediately, but the pole itself is sturdy enough. One end is even somewhat pointy, though it's moist and soft from being buried underground. The other end has metal bits in it, lending a bit of style and prestige to what would otherwise be a fairly unassuming weapon.

You feel like you've increased your already high potential for crude violence. A good day so far.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>44076416
Head into the woods
>>
>>44076416
Stick it in the nearest hole in a tree you can find.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44076416
Strike an impressive pose.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>44076416
Eat the pole
>>
File: Ogre4.png (119 KB, 808x611) Image search: [Google]
Ogre4.png
119 KB, 808x611
>>44076459
You follow the well-trampled path into the murky wood. You've never been very far from the mountains, and hopefully the path will keep you on the right... path. It'll be a while before you get out on the other side of the forest.

Soon you come to a shoddily made bridge crossing a narrow but astoundingly deep chasm. It is the home of your tribe's nearest neighbor - a run-of-the-mill bridge troll, a lazy good for nothing who purposely built his bridge far out in the woods so he wouldn't have to do any actual work. Since you can't hear any profanities being screamed from below, you can assume he's either out, or hasn't noticed you.

>>44076571
You stoop forward in a half-assed stance. You basically look like normal.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>44076416
>>44076571
seconding
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>44076745
Have the bridge break under your weight but still make it across.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>44076745
The shaky bridge is scary. better jump over the gap.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>44076745
Call out to the troll. Don't want to get on his bad sideif he hasn't noticed us. If no one answers, move along.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>44076745
Scream at the bridge until it's too scared to collapse

Also, fuck yeah a quest with doodles. You're awesome OM.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>44076816
seconding this
>>
>>44076816
Thanks.

Unfortunately, my elbow just started hurting, so I need to stop. I'll take a walk and be back in an hour, if I feel better, I'll continue. I'm partially done with the next step, so it shouldn't take too long.
>>
>>44076965
Awwwww. Come on Op, Notapaladin on /v/ has always powered through this, even running on only on an hour of sleep at times when the mods aren't being autismal and banning him for technicalities.
>>
>>44077211
Well, if his elbow hurts there's nothing we can do about it. Let OM rest and see if he gets back.
>>
>>44077523
I hope he gets back to it. Things were getting good.
>>
File: Ogre5.png (79 KB, 597x421) Image search: [Google]
Ogre5.png
79 KB, 597x421
>>44077211
I'm recovering from RSI - it's taken seven months to get to the point where I can draw again, and experience has taught me working through the pain is a terrible, terrible idea. That said, let's try for a couple more before the night is over. Otherwise, I'll be back another day.

>>44076794
A bridge made by a troll could probably hold your weight - then again, this is an unusually shitty and pathetic troll. You gingerly leap over the chasm. No sweat.

>>44076813
You bellow into the depths to catch the troll's attention. A strained, "fuck off, I'm busy!" echoes back from somewhere far below, telling you you're probably in the clear. As you leave the bridge behind, you can faintly make out, "yeah, you better run, you shit-eating pussy". Fucking armchair trolls are the worst.

Don't reply yet. Another post incoming.
>>
File: Ogre6.png (188 KB, 1092x700) Image search: [Google]
Ogre6.png
188 KB, 1092x700
>>44078581
I don't think I have more than one or two more pictures in me.

After a few hours' walking, you find yourself farther away from your home than ever before. The ogre trail connects to a much nicer road here, and right where the road splits is a big tree with more of those squiggle-planks on it. You'll have to trust the voices in your head to guide you.

Underneath the leftmost plank, the bark of the tree has been all scratched up. It looks like some clawed creature had a seizure while it was trying to climb. The outside world keeps getting stranger, and you haven't had anything to club to death since this morning.

At any rate, you'll have to chose a direction.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>44078640
Lift the tree out of the ground. What's better than a pointy stick? A REALLY BIG pointy stick.

After that, go left.
>>
>>44078581
>RSI
Forget I ever typed anything.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>44078640
Take a right. We are right handed after all.
>>
>>44078671
>>44078721
>>44078742
Shit. Drawing arm is kill. I will save all of this and continue at a later date, though.
>>
>>44079059
A shame. Alright, I'll see you next time then OM. Good luck with your recovery!
>>
:(
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.