[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, A while a go we had a server for minecraft called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: CSrEz7J.jpg (2 MB, 2073x3099) Image search: [Google]
CSrEz7J.jpg
2 MB, 2073x3099
Hey /tg/,

A while a go we had a server for minecraft called Parnatha. Lots of /tg/ presence. It got shut down because of lack of funds and time.

I'm going to start it up again on a new world, many new features. Any of the old players out there? Or any new players interested.

Pic related is the new map,
Here is the old thread for the OLD map.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/2290809-parnatha-light-rp-survival-semi-vanilla-fantasy-a

-Adramelekh

PS Am streaman capture point construction on Twitch right now for another hour or two, twitch name Architectadramelekh

>MFW I just posted this in /trv/ by accident.
>>
I've been wanting to get back into MInecraft, but I don't see the point unless you're playing with others.
I never played on the old one, but I did participate a bit in the 4Craft servers a few years ago. Those were pretty fun until everyone gave up on it.
I'll definitely check it out.
>>
File: 5ezCKuX.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5ezCKuX.jpg
483 KB, 1920x1080
Map was made by PMC User: Moonti, he deserves some respect for this piece of art.

In other news, I'm building more and more capture points. Trying to make the quarries semi realistic.

Does anyone know where I can build a small free single page website? something that I can keep a Dev Log on and you all can keep up to date? When we launch we can use the same page for a map and server updates, list the IP, etc.

Any ideas?
>>
>>44075113
I can set up a chan for you in you want.

No domain name atm but if there is a demand we can get one.
>>
File: 2015-12-09_17.56.39.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_17.56.39.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
Andesite Quarry
>>
File: 2015-11-23_19.09.28.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23_19.09.28.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
What material capture point should I do next? I have all the three non-regular stone quarries done.
>>
File: 2015-12-09_18.06.32.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_18.06.32.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
Whitespear Diorite Quarry
>>
>>44075136
I'd prefer to stay away from the chans, for a few reasons, but for now, I think I have some contacts that can set me up with a shitty little domain.
>>
working on the Sandstone Quarry capture point
>>
So, any verdict on stealing other peoples stuff? Not necessarily raiding, but smaller scale theft. I'd really like to play a thief or open a thieves guild or something along those lines.
>>
>>44075755
its a complicated issue, I as server owner would like to allow ANY stealing. If you cant break blocks or make people lose territory, you only lose your stuff if you dont lock it up, or are facing a VERY sneaky theif.
>>
I recognize the name Parnatha and I believe I played for a bit.

Was there someone banished to the Nether who regularly escaped and unleashed Wither's upon the surface world?
>>
File: 2015-12-09_18.48.25.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_18.48.25.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
Sandstone. What next?
>>
>>44075840
Yes! There was, the Demon Knight. Fun guy, he will be rejoining us, just toned down quite a bit. He's a friend of mine IRL, said he'll play a bit more serious this time :D
>>
>>44075888
Excellent, if memory serves I went by the Tengai or TinyMnkey back then and I wrote a bunch of books.
>>
>>44075927
Found some hold screen shots of the books I wrote, I was DougStache if you remember me.
>>
>>44075927
>>44075952
I do! Please come back, we'd love to have you.
>>
>>44075113
All the Minecraft RP servers I used to play on used Enjin.
>>
>>44076076
We had an Enjin, not a bad idea to start her up again. Thanks for reminding me!
>>
>>44075971
I think I will, I've got some free time coming up and enjoyed the writing
>>
File: GvO4MKH.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GvO4MKH.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: zgl089M.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zgl089M.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
>>
I'd be down for playing it. Got an ETA on the server?
>>
>>44075871
I'd suggest a peat-cutting operation as a capture point. It might seem a bit silly, but having a steady source of dirt always comes in handy. I suspect a brick kiln or clay pit would be quite valuable as well to nearby kingdoms.

I don't know how you're managing the resource system, but perhaps you could also build an oasis/outpost to provide small quantities of 'luxury' goods that would otherwise be too work-intensive for smaller kingdoms to produce on their own. Something for the little guys to fight over that the big ones wouldn't find worth the effort (and maybe allowing players to fight over otherwise non-existent centers of trade).

The same concept could be applied to lower tier resources. Like while the major kingdoms duke it out over a coal mine, the smaller ones might be fighting over a charcoal burner encampment.
>>
>>44079734
Ooh, I like that one. Other nonstandard coapture points could include a stone quarry, water sources like rivers and springs, and even simply strategic locations (The only pass through a mountain range for days in either direction gives whoever controls it a lot of power).
>>
>>44080008
>>44079734
perhaps a horse-breeding stable?

how much war could be waged over diamond or gold mines I wonder?

OP are you gonna include some weapon mods?

a shield wall backed by spearmen and archers coordinated well enough in minecraft might be something to see...
>>
>>44080008
>(The only pass through a mountain range for days in either direction gives whoever controls it a lot of power)
till someone mines through the mountain
>>
>>44080217
Block destruction and placement is disallowed outside of whichever kingdom you join or found. Stops rampant griefing and general wilderness despoilment apparently
>>
>>44080271
So you need a sponsor if you want to go exploring
>>
>>44075265
clay?
>>
>>44080271
I bet with permission you could start a tunnelling project. You'd need time, manpower, and funding to pull it off though.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.