[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the good loot on this map /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
Where is the good loot on this map /tg/?
>>
Africa, it's also a PvP hotzone though.
>>
>>44062623
Greenland, probably, where the ancient civilisation lies buried under snow.

Also probably Mongolia, deserts always have loads of loot and shit.
>>
>>44062623
I'd say Europe, since they took all the good loot from the rest of the world and hoarded it.
>>
>>44062623
That Mordor looking area in the middle of the map has a shitload of oil. Be warned though: it doesn't just look like Mordor, the inhabitants act roughly the same way.
>>
File: 453659.jpg (290 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
453659.jpg
290 KB, 1067x1600
>>44062643
What's the meta like over there? I hear the twinking runs rampant.
>>
>>44062623
That land mass that looks like a limp dick. It's like 95% desert.

If I had to hide something, I'd stick it in a god-forsaken wasteland. There must be something out there.
>>
Any major city will get you far better loot than that shithole desert will net you. The issue is you have to learn how to play the system or it'll all cost you an arm and a leg. Better than literally costing you an arm and leg though.
>>
>>44062697
Greenland best land.
>>
>>44062623
Atlantic Ocean

you see that giant brown spot above india? yeah, you can find good stuff there, if you invested in the climbing feat. watch out for yetis
>>
>>44062623

See that strange blob in the south-eastern corner?
That island is JUST the kind of place where you would expect an evil overseer or insane wizard playing god to make their stronghold and begin amassing their forces for further conquest. The place might already be full of twisted and ferocious beasts and monstrosities but we need to take care of it before it spreads. Most likely some interesting loot too

The other suspicious location is those frozen wastes up north or down south. Who knows what ancient evils lurk there beneath the ice. Where there are old and burried things there tend to be artifacts. Why else would the DM have created those places? It is almost as if the DM was trying to lure us there.
>>
>>44062623
Who designed this shitty fucking map.
>>
>>44062623
Try the area on the east side of the land labelled "United States."
Richest place in the richest area on that map.
>>
>>44062623
So, which of those continents is full of uppity elves?
>>
>>44062917
Europe.
>>
>>44062917
There are bound to be dwarves living in those mountain ranges.
Where there are dwarves there is loot. And orcs.
>>
>>44062917
The Scandinavian subcontinent, for about three more decades if nothing changes.
>>
>>44062944
>orcs in mountains

what shitty setting you in son, get that shit out of here. orcs only come from deserts
>>
File: 1429465249406.jpg (103 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
1429465249406.jpg
103 KB, 700x546
>>44063033
Only because the dwarves drove them out of the mountains.
>>
>>44062623
Argentina, where the hidden Nazi treasure is.
>>
>>44062623

You know that continent on the top left? Like, right next to the East Coast there's like this massive fort that's supposed to hold most of the wealthiest country's gold supply. It's run by the country's army.

One party nearly managed to steal the gold (female bard specializing in seduction, fighter specializing in throwing a metal-edged bowler hat and unarmed combat, and rogue specializing in disguise) with a shitton of sleeping gas, but was stopped by the biggest Mary Sue out there. Nobody's gotten close since.

Though if you go a bit north and further to the coast, there's supposed to be a "federal reserve" that should be a bit easier to hit. You'll get swarmed by city guard if you try to break in though.
>>
>>44063086
>spouting historical revision

i bet you believe that it was Human 'Arrogance' in trying to recreate the Skasis Array that sank Atlantis instead of elven saboteurs destroying the basalt foci
>>
>>44063195
But don't we have to fight the lich fuhrer to reach the treasury?
>>
>>44062731
[citation needed]
>>
>>44063231
We can tackle that after the Falklands subquest.
>>
>>44062623
Is that a fucking boot next to Greece?
>>
South America has tons of untouched ancient ruins ripe for the taking. However, many are from vengeful empires like the Aztec who cursed all of Mexico, and those who vanished without a trace like the Mayans
>>
>>44063232
nice meme, bro
>>
>>44062741
epic
>>
Why is it that flat maps grossly misrepresent the size of Africa?
>>
>>44066750

Because it's impossible to project the surface of a sphere accurately into two dimensions.
>>
>>44066750
Before it was so Africa looked weak so the white men in charge felt superior.

Now it's so Africa looks weak so social justice warriors feel superior.
>>
>>44062623

>major landmasses conveniently connected by narrow chokepoints
>main mountain range is a fucking blob
>northwestern portion of the biggest continent looks like a bunch of dicks
>with coastlines drawn by Michael J Fox
>'Greenland' is clearly in the arctic zone and covered in snow

What the fuck?
>>
File: eckertequalarea.jpg (168 KB, 1384x693) Image search: [Google]
eckertequalarea.jpg
168 KB, 1384x693
>>
>>44066750

You must choose between accurately representing surface area and accurately representing straight lines

They make maps that accurately show the size of South America and Africa but the shapes are all distorted and you can't use it to navigate because a straight line in real life could meander any which way on an equal area map
>>
>>44067263
>all of north africa is libya

Greeks were weird.
>>
>>44066750
Draw the world on an orange. Then peel it to try to get the image as stable as possible. Then, fill in the gaps by just connecting them.

What you'd have is an even shitter version of the mercator projection.
>>
>>44067231
This post reminds me of that post of a map of Europe tilted on its side and a bunch of comments about certain areas and how cliche it is.

Does someone have it? I want to save it for later keks.
>>
Any city really.
>>
Switzerland of course.
>>
File: generic fantasy map.jpg (1 MB, 1554x1662) Image search: [Google]
generic fantasy map.jpg
1 MB, 1554x1662
>>44070909
>>
File: Capture.png (332 KB, 1239x827) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
332 KB, 1239x827
Right here
>>
>>44073587
>muh strategic chokepoint

erry time
>>
File: india=arrakis.png (24 KB, 395x450) Image search: [Google]
india=arrakis.png
24 KB, 395x450
>>44062623
See that triangle bit below the huge mountains?

Go there if you want to unlock space travel.
>>
>>44062623
>all that empty water
>barren/desert regions that aren't along equator
>shit names like "arctic ocean" and "greenland"
>some continents have like every kind of terrain all jammed together
>unnatural landmass shapes
>iceland isn't even icy

What the fuck is this shit.
>>
>>44073587
>who designed this, an alien

Subtle
>>
There was talk that the big Death Cult was going back to using coins made out of base metal. So there might be a slightly higher loot percentage on regular mooks.
>>
>>44073587
That's just Europe isn't it?
>>
>>44074548
that's the joke sempai
>>
File: Baron_ungern.ruem.jpg (729 KB, 950x1448) Image search: [Google]
Baron_ungern.ruem.jpg
729 KB, 950x1448
>>44062697
> Mongolia

Why yes anon, somewhere there lies 120 TONNES OF GOLD hidden away by baron Ungern von Sternberg from the bolsheviks circa 1919 AD.

Now, you lucky guesser, tell me where is the Amber Chamber.
>>
File: Kruger Treasure Map.jpg (143 KB, 784x681) Image search: [Google]
Kruger Treasure Map.jpg
143 KB, 784x681
>>44076114
>all this gold people have hidden and never found

People are still looking for the Kruger millions in South Africa.
>>
>>44062623
It's hard to see; it's in a hidden zone called "the economy" that's sort of an "over-zone" that stretches over the entire map but is completely invisible.
If you can access that map with the right character build you can make more money without even leaving your home area, and even do OP shit like stopping OTHER players from making money.

It's a tricky build though, you can't be combat focused; in fact combat focused builds are more vulnerable to high-level economic build attacks then any other build, so most high-tier players don't even bother with them anymore since all they do is get into fights and then have their money taken away by people with better builds then they have.

It's kind of unbalanced.
>>
>>44062623
Depends on what year it is.
>>
File: shlomoman.png (11 KB, 274x290) Image search: [Google]
shlomoman.png
11 KB, 274x290
>>44062974
Its beeing overrun by orcs atm from what i've heard. Some dark powers even plan of breeding uruk-hai in the near future..
>>
Unfunny /pol/ memers please leave.
>>
>>44078091
>South Aftrican Transvaal

I bet Scrooge McDuck got to it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.