[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Boss Idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: spooks.jpg (208 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spooks.jpg
208 KB, 1920x1080
About to end a campaign, BB is a young powerful sorcerer who wants to become a king and yadayadaya. Was planning to have him become a Lich for the final session, but now I want something more... Obscure.

Suggestions?
>>
Two liches. Boom. Also force one of the party members to take his place after the battle. (Their choice.) If they do not, the Lich regenerates. The Sacrifice is the only way to destroy the Lich's sacred item. (Dunno how to say it. Starts with an P.)
>>
>>44047676
There is always the obscure, hidden, yet grand and powerful...DEMILICH

No but seriously why does this guy have to become something else to be a worthy final boss?
>>
>>44047923
Phalacturie
>>
>>44047676
Go all FF on their asses and go Esper or something. A powerful spiritlike entity with a corporeal form that can take mass damage and shrug it off or something?
>>
>>44048069
I think you have it. Anyway, my final bosses often lack mechanically strength so I just use build up and emotional punch.
>>
He dies and then becomes a Worm that Walks.
>>
>>44048038
Players are semi-veterans, basically sniffed out the Lich idea Ooc a while back. Started preparing for undead and such a little too obviously. Time to punish the Meta with a curveball
>>
>>44047676
I remember reading about a mummy lich from somewhere it had some ability that let it use charisma for hp instead of Con you could have him try to be come a lich but instead becomes some dark gods vessel
>>
>>44047676
make the boss, the future version of the young sorceror who has gone back in time to stop you from killing his younger self.
make it even crazyee-er, by having the young sorceror know full well they are coming for him, because his future self was mentoring him in magic for years now.
>>
>>44048153
He becomes the God of tucker kolbolds or what ever their called he teleports every one in to a single trap filled hall and throws magic at them like that Trap in dark souls second most annoying boss in that game
>>
>>44048210
That's a pretty cool idea, but I don't want to get in a debate about time-traveling or anything with my players. You did remind me about something though.

The sorcerer is said to have found an artifact that "Can make a mockery of the Gods." I kept it vague on purpose because the translation from Draconic was pretty shaky.

Maybe I'll use this artifact in the battle itself.
>>
>>44047676
Elemental.

Living incarnation of the will of the land.

Shade.

Three kids in a suit.
>>
File: FFCC-littlekingleo.png (442 KB, 476x953) Image search: [Google]
FFCC-littlekingleo.png
442 KB, 476x953
>>44047676
>BB is a young powerful sorcerer who wants to become a king and yadayadaya

How young are we talking here?
>>
>>44048383
Roughly 17.
>>
Perhaps the sorcerer should somehow Mess the ritual up as The Pc enter his lair Causing corrupted magical energy to hit one of the PCs instead of the sorcerer Thus turning them into lich-like character gone beserk and killing anything around causing the sorcerer to ask the party for help killing one of the PCs or beating them until they come to their senses or until the sorcerer kills the PC, That Or have BB Call in a greater demon to grant him unlimited power propelling him far beyond the lichdom into something else
>>
he becomes his lair, a la monster house. Or maybe a walking fortress idk.
>>
>>44048465
I'm liking this idea.

So what I think I'm going to do is have the BBEG do the ritual to summon this games version of Asmodeus, but unbeknownst to him he screwed up a couple words of the incantation.

This mistake angers Not-Satan, who grants the sorcerors wish of becoming a higher lifeform.

He then becomes a horrific bipedal dragon-zombie beast. After the PCs use their Metagame tricks on his undead form, they find out that he is actually a demonic-version of The Worm that Walks.

Hilarity ensues.

I might even toss in the "Mockery of the Gods" artifact and make his final form even more dangerous.

We are going to make some players very, very afraid.

Thanks guys!
>>
>>44048569
Make sure to describe how effective their holy weaponry is, right before the abominations undead skin falls off, revealing the worms.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.