[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
card shop drama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
18 KB, 480x360
been going a while for FNM about 6 months, never played before used to play kitchen table yugioh very casually as a teen.

how our FNM used to work

#1 show up with your shit
#2 buy pack as buy in cost to enter tournament (no other fee)
#3 bring pack to table, open packs, hand to owner/staff
#4 they get put on singles case for tards to drool over
#5 play the damn game
#6 first place gets to choose the best pack
#7 promo and shitty promo binder roll afterwords.
No lottery pack prize support or bonus packs for winners or store credit.

a few weeks ago, opened 30$, was like ugin or some shit
Shoulda left with my shit.jpg

Next week

new rules! oh boy....
#1 and #2 as normal
#3 the owner or staff takes them and mixes them around
(he doesn't want people leaving after they open money.)
#4-7 as normal.
One of the staff members was noting that we were "cheaping out" at our last FNM when i and another player bought born of gods and m15 packs for prizes.

also has shit like commander decks and whatever marked up by 10% but it works out to about the same as getting it online with shipping.

Making me really consider if I even want to play at all anymore. Seems shady the way they are conducting business.
About to say fuck him and only participate in the pre-releases and not buy any of his shit any more.

What do?

Wont give out identifying store information.
>>
>>44046743
find another store
>>
>>44047395 This.

also:
>Wont give out identifying store information.
You really should though.
>>
>>44047480
For what reason should I give out information?

They would be able to figure out who I am and then ban me from going there in the future.

It's something to do, don't really have another place close by.

If there was another store in the area I would have no problem as I could just go there instead.
>>
>>44047542
Shops don't commonly browse 4chan and there is no way for them to prove it's you. You provide the name so other anons who live in your area know to avoid it. For a better option if the store is that shitty, buy packs online or walmart or wherever and draft at home with friends
>>
>>44047542
Because reviews and feedback are the only way to moderate businesses in a capitalist economy. People need the opportunity to explore the candidates before they spend their votes.
>>
>>44047610
Well, being that its the only shop in my area, i'm still a bit hesitant to say names.

Someone could still call up and be like hey this asshole is talking bad about your business and then i can't go there anymore.

I will say that I am from Canada, and that's about it for now.

Owner keeps spouting line about "The canadian dollar is weak right now" whenever questioned about a price that is higher than msrp.

I believe the litter fucker is or was charging 175$ cad (130$ usd) for BFZ boxes, or at least he was when they were released. could have changed, but i doubt it.

didn't over charge on bfz fatpacks but they only got a dozen and all were reserved anyways.
>>
>>44047968
You bloody well grow a pair then, you piece of Quebec trash. YOU ARE ANONYMOUS, NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE Canadian dollar is weak as shit it's 1 maplebuck to 0.75 freedombucks, but if the guy is unfairly charging you, take your business else where
>>
>>44048035
not QC, but close.

Like i said, i don't want to get my self banned from the shop that i can literally walk to in 15 minutes when its the only one close by.
>>
>>44048256

Must live in Ottawa.

I'm going to guess either the Barrhaven or Kanata stores.
>>
buy a pack for entry into an FNM isn't terrible but your cheapskate owner should offer SOME additional prize support. Assuming 12 people play the tournament first prize should get like, 15 bucks store credit + promo + booster draft thing.
>>
>>44046743
>#3 bring pack to table, open packs, hand to owner/staff
>#4 they get put on singles case for tards to drool over
That's pretty fucking gay. My shop hands out shit for prizes but entry is free. Whoever wins round 4 gets a pack or $3 store credit and pack division is 4 packs for first, 2 for second, 1 for third and forth.

They're total jews with the prices though.
>>
>>44048335
nope, but closer, anyways, i'm sure if you do some hunting you can figure it out from there.

I got things to do, maybe i'll lurk here, maybe i wont.
>>
>>44048444
Anon if you're worried about not being able to go to the store then there is nothing for you to do you're gonna keep going and getting over charged so have fun with that. I don't understand why you made this thread
>>
>>44048734
voice frustrations, figure out how I will deal with this. see if its happening to others.

I just want to be careful of what I do when I do.

No I'm not going to go postal with guns and a pipebomb or some shit.
>>
>>44047480
>asking for personal information in the era of "not your personal army"
>>
>>44048921
Stop going
>>
>>44047968
>canadian dollar is weak
>not paying $200 australian dollery-doos for a box of the latest set
>>
QC here, my LGS is pretty good and while he does gouge on "collector" AKA "I'm going to buy it for cheap and make 100/200% profit by selling it on the net" items. It doesn't help that for BFZ most supplier they uses decided that they should get their part of the pie and sold at mrsp. Otherwise they have no entry fee for FNM and they used to hold Legacy/vintage tournament Until people stopped showing up All in all, I can understand OP situation. As for what to do, well if you aren't worried about making enemies and have enough people to hold your own FNM try convincing a store in your area to get sanctioned.
>>
Do your lgs give prizes for drafts?
mine doesnt.
>>
>>44048035
0.74 burger bucks now. Brand new low :(
>>
Op just play cube draft.
>>
>>44048921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY
You really need to give us more detail if you want us to provide you with a proper answer, rather than just beat around the bush. I agree with everyone else here with the whole "Find another place" because it sounds like the store owner is a complete faggot.
>>
>>44046743
>booster drafting as prize support for FNM
Nigger you what
Is this even DCI legal?
Why the fuck would you put up with such a shitty method of rewarding the winners? If it was me, I would be out the door before the TO finished his sentence.
>>
>>44051485
No it's not dci legal
Op should rat store out. Wizards probably still Gives op store prizes support that the store is keeping or sealing. Stop going to said shop.
>>
>>44051065
Wizards provides prize support for FNM. To be a sanctioned DCI store this prize support must be given out. Fuck this store as well. You can report to wizards directly and anonymously
>>
>>44046743
They should be grateful you're buying packs that no one else is going to buy so they have more of the new hotness to sell to casuals
>>
>>44046743
>#3 bring pack to table, open packs, hand to owner/staff
>#4 they get put on singles case for tards to drool over
Like i said last thread, this drives away players it doesn't fucking keep them
Also I told you last thread this is super shady shit, and to either drop the shop, or fucking contact Wizards customer support
>>
I feel super bad about everyone who has shit stores. I have two stores in town and they are both amazing and run by people who are so skilled at running stores and nice that I have problems deciding which awesome place I want to give my money to.

I usually try to buy board games at one of them, and keep up with my LCG subscriptions at the other one. Then for other purchases I kinda spread things around.
>>
>>44053546
this x10. If this is a sanctioned event, this is sketch as fuck. Even if it's not, it feels weird as hell.
>>
>>44053731
>>44051065
If there's no entry fee other than packs, and/or it's the main event on a Friday/game day, they don't necessarily have product. My store does sanctioned drafts on Monday nights because they have enough people, and IIRC, they sanction them, but they don't do prizes. Just draft. They also sometimes backdraft, but I don't think they sanction those because paying for cards you don't keep is iffy for a DCI event, i think.
>>
>>44054917
Op here.

Our actual prizes that we receive at the end of the night is.

1x drafted booster in order of placement
1x fnm promo to 1st 2nd and last
Possibility of 1 alt art/foil promo (unused game day or buy a box shit)

Far as what I have been reading it seems like he can give whatever the fuck he wants for prizes.

When another close by shop went out of business our store got the stash of promos that the other store WASN'T handing out but was supposed to be.

What I'm not liking is this shit where he is basically saying hey guys you have to give best pulls to the guys who already have 3000$ decks and I'm not going to let you get your stuff back at all.

Prices are pretty Jewish too but what can you do when it has area monopoly.
>>
>>44057197
So, lets get this straight. Your LGS essentially rare redrafts FNM? That cant be sanctioned. I would suggest a report to wizards if it is.
>>
>>44046743
At our LGS we pay the entry fee and after the event they open X packs and we each select something.
I always thought it's a pretty good idea, everyone gets receives, winner always gets the most valuable card.
I can see why opening them before event would be kinda lame but what's so bad about the rest?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.