[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I'm an idiot. I'm in way over my head and need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: 1447825016388.png (60 KB, 760x378) Image search: [Google]
1447825016388.png
60 KB, 760x378
Guys, I'm an idiot. I'm in way over my head and need awesome one shot plans for a fantasy canpaign. System isn't important, just a nice plot to focus on for a few hours at a time.
Mostly going for fun plans, like tormenting the party with the most annoying BBEG I can come up with.
>>
File: 1448781692272.jpg (698 KB, 1400x1082) Image search: [Google]
1448781692272.jpg
698 KB, 1400x1082
>>44042853
Start with a 20 minute long description of the local currency
>>
Come up with your own ideas.
>>
>>44042853
The One Page Dungeon site has tonnes.
>>
File: 1448210075466.jpg (199 KB, 728x1085) Image search: [Google]
1448210075466.jpg
199 KB, 728x1085
You'd probably get a few hours out of a coinbug infestation. Bonus points if your group's the source of them too.
>>
Does anyone has the crazy litch and/or crazy elf screencaps? Where Litch is a dick, who among other things, stole every third lamp post and the elf turned off the sun with 500 galons of her own blood so that she could stargaze?
>>
>>44042853
I've tended to enjoy very clear, concise "OH SHIT" scenarios, often with the players as the best/only/last response team to deal with them. Also, take the plot of a movie you like, boil it down to its raw elements, then dress it up in whatever setting you like. Often a 2 hour hollywood film can lend itself to the appropriate pacing for a 4-6 hour session, particularly if you are playing a crunch-lite system, or just keep combat minimal if you're playing a D&D derivative, or anything with slower combat.
>>
File: Bored Lich.jpg (615 KB, 1754x1746) Image search: [Google]
Bored Lich.jpg
615 KB, 1754x1746
>>44043084
>>
File: BBEG.png (27 KB, 1086x1107) Image search: [Google]
BBEG.png
27 KB, 1086x1107
>>44043084
This one?
>>
Yo anon I got you covered. I had this setting saved for a rainy day, but figured you might get more use out of it.

http://pastebin.com/K3HYNERt
>>
>>44043124
That's a decent plan, thank you.

>>44043146
Oh. That's pure gold!
>>
>>44042853
Tunnels to underdark: Invasions and slaving runs are common.
-Tunnels to underdark: Exotic trade, at a price.
-Tunnels to underdark: All adventuring gear costs 10 times as much as the locals gouge heroes on their way in.
-Ruled by powerful wizard: Streets and city walls rearrange themselves every 1d6 weeks as he studies better path-finding algorithms.
-Ruled by powerful wizard, in name only: technically he runs the show, but he hates dealing with people, so it's economic anarchy. Large newt population.
-Rules by powerful wizard: Streets and buildings form giant magic circle. Arbitrary daily rituals replace taxes. "Lord Professor Xanthu demands you wiggle your fingers in the air", "Hop on your left foot", "Everyone focus and concentrate on apple pie for the next 5 hours".
-Home to powerful wizarding university. Most locals pick up a level or two in wizard, latent discrimination against non-magical muggles.
-Home to powerful wizarding university. Majority of populace lives in fear of "he who must not be named", aka, the student loan collector.
-Home to powerful wizarding university run at cost by altruistic mind-flayers for the education of the masses.
-Home to powerful wizarding university that primarily consists of barbarians with full-ride sports scholarships.
-Home to a not-so-powerful wizarding university that scraps by teaching people useful magical trade skills but doesn't pull in the big political donations.
-Home to a washed-out wizard that gets drunk and causes problem at the tavern. Mayor not amused.
-Giant mysterious stone cube blends-in between buildings. It encases an enraged demon that still claws at the walls now and then. stoneshape ftw.
-Large memorial oblisk errected by a confederation of whores after a legendary bard passed through.
>>
>>44043201
You the realist, anon.
>>
>>44043243
Tunnels to Underdark, Drow are actually slavs, and they are imigrating.
>>
>>44043243
-Irrational fear of magic: panic and chaos upon witnissing magic. Boarding up homes and fleeing if it persists.
-Irrational fear of magic: Everyone rallies together to burn the witch.
-Irrational fear of magic: They bow and cower at your obvious superiority and worship you as unto a god.
-Irrational fear of magic: They bow and cower at your obvious superiority and worship you as unto a god until you fall unconscious from the posion and slit your throat.
-Rational fear of magic: Listen, passing sorcerers have burned down our villiage 3 times in the past decade. Wear the amulet of silence or you're not allowed in. We're not going to suffer washed-out wizards getting drunk and nuking us all.
-Ghost town. Deralict buildings suffer from abandonment.
-Town of Ghosts. Incorporal creatues performs servies in exchange for physical tasks like keeping their town from becoming deralict.
-Ghost town of ghosts. There was supposed to be a large incorporeal population here, but they're all missing. Discarded proton-packs.
>>
>>44043273
-Theocracy that uses divination and ask-god spells for all big decisions.
-Theocracy run by charlatans faking messages from god.
-Theocracy run by charlatans worshiping a god of lies who really does tell them what to do, but lies half the time. Local skeptics confused.
-Theocracy using paladins as their enforcers.
-Theocracy using namby-pamsey paladins as their enforcers. Ask burglars to stop. Trust them when they say they'll return the goods tomarrow.
-Theocracy using hardass paladins as their enforcers. JAY-WALKING IS ILLEGAL CITIZEN, I'LL SMITE THEE IN THE NAME OF DA LAW!
-Theocracy of Kord where the prime minister is "elected" through gladiatorial combat and/or Olympian games. Nation and Clerics make most of the GDP off of beer and pretzel concessions.
-Theocracy of Nerull is slowly transforming city-state into a necropolis. "In-shoring manual labor to the post-living union." "Your metabolism is being audited by the Internal Organ Services, please have your documentation in order." "We're eco-frinedly! Reduce the rations of the labor pool. Reuse the labor pool night and day. Recycle the corpses afterwards!"
-Theocracy of Vecna is slowly obscuring the constitution so that all laws are state secrets.
>>
>>44043243
>>44043273
>>44043292
Where did you get these?
>>
Steal ideas from Craigslist.
>>
>>44043261
the power of lurking, my friend. You can salvage some amazing stuff from TG, if you're around at the right time.
>>
-Iron golems help police and enforce laws as commanded by their gnome tinkers.
-Iron golems police and enforce laws according to the constitution coded into every one of them.
-Iron golems police and enforce laws according to their encoded constitution left over from the previous nation. Being arrested for minor infractions equates to starving to death in jail awaiting a trail that never comes.
-Airship port. Cause the DM likes airships.
-Facing an upcoming vote as to whether or not those infected with the mind-controlling slugnoids are entitled to a vote. Hats not allowed in polling places.
-Has an impressive sewer system that keeps the city clean.
-Has a giant rat problem in their aging sewer system.
-Ruled by rat-king in a labyrinth of sewer catacombs.
-Registered thieves guilds. They pays taxes and have quotas. They also wear name-badges and getting spotted costs them a fine. Stolen goods have a cool-down period at the local fence where the victum, er, clients can reposses their goods for a fee. Real thieves can't compete with the legit competition undercutting them and the thriving security industry.
-Registered assassins guilds. They pay taxes and can't target civil servants. Civil servants are paid like crap, but the benefits are to die for.
-For-profit clerics guild monopolizes all magical healing and maintains strict control on everyone's literal health insurance.
-Registered and powerful sewage worker's guild. They can get anywhere, keep the monsters at bay, and have dirt on EVERYONE.
-Esteemed guild of necromancers take care of the dead and keep the spirits in their place. Well, who you gonna call?
-Built on the back of a giant flying turtle. He's resting now though, for the last 50 years.
>>
>>44043439
Made 'em. Otherwise known as "original content".

The whole damn thing started as a legit list of city quirks that I could references whenever the players go somewhere new, but it honestly degraded pretty quickly into a humor bit.

-Overrun with refugees from across the sea. Everyone is kung-fu fighting.
-Overrun with halfling refugees. Orphanages institutes a screening process.
-Overrun with druid refugees devastated by forest fire.
-Overrun with wizard refugees fleeing anti-intellectualism from orc warlord Pul-Put
-Overrun with cleric refugees fleeing anti-religious prosecution from Alchemist Primus Stulin.
-Overrun with pirate refugees after ninjas take over shipping lanes.
-Overrun with ninja refugees after pirates attach magical wheels to their ships and settle ancient feud.
>>
Start your game by polymorphing a player.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.