[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG EDH Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: pRXvVUn_1_.jpg (86 KB, 677x896) Image search: [Google]
pRXvVUn_1_.jpg
86 KB, 677x896
Maybe OGW won't suck this edition.

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
>>
File: Edh Commanders December.png (2 MB, 1128x824) Image search: [Google]
Edh Commanders December.png
2 MB, 1128x824
>>44040916
Suggest me a GW/GWx deck to build.
>>
Any cool g/b etb effects I could abuse with strionic resonator and meren?
>>
>>44041152
Why not just abuse Strionic Meren's ability and get two creatures every turn?

That said, Strionic on Sidisi, Rune-scarred Demon, Shriekmaw, Massacre Wurm, or Fleshbag Marauder gives lots of utility are various stages of the game.
>>
>>44041542
Holy hell dude, I was thinking so small. Thanks a lot senpai
>>
>>44040953
Saffi or Mayael.

Have fun with it.
>>
>>44041152
Eternal Witness
Craterhoof
Sad Robot
Duplicant
Acidic Slime
>>
>>44041655
You think Saffi would work in the helm of a Hatebear deck?
>>
How come we don't see Chainer + Ashiok in EDH taking into account the synergy between the two?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/50-mazirek/

Looking at ordering this, or somehting like this soon. Any cheap improvements to be made?
>>
>>44042507
Aside from the color identity issue... what synergy? Chainer reanimates from the yard and Ashiok has to exile, and can only specifically interact with cards it exiled.
>>
Which of the precon decks would be best to start with, if the end goal is 5 color dragon tribal? Currently have ktk and dtk Sarkhans, Frf 5 dragons and UR-Dragon. Just looking for a good shell to start with that can be upgraded over time.
>>
>>44040916
>t1 starlit sanctum sol ring orzhov signet
>t2 edgewalker soul warden soul's attendant suture priest Ayli Coinsmith Drana's Emissary
it's possible, you won't have a hand, but you can turn that coinsmith into a turn 3 utter end
BW Clerics is GO?
>>
>>44042710
The synergy being the lame +1/+1 Chainer gives to all nightmares.
And the color identity issue could be solved by playing them in a U/B mill deck
>>
rate my eternal pilgrim deck

www.mtgvault.com/yamazaki/decks/eternal-pilgrimage-edh/
>>
>>44041839

I do, actually. GW has a lot of fantastic hatebears, and Saffi can keep them on the table. The best part is that most of them come back with Revielark, which is one of Saffi's best friends. With a sac outlet, Saffi and Revielark return all power 2 or less creatures in your GY to play. The even better part is that both of these effects are not ETB triggers, so you can use Hushwing Gryff.

I might do that myself, though my Saffi is mostly combo oriented.
>>
>realize spoilers came out
>check them out
>new basic land type
>it's not just colorless, has its own symbol
Ok, can someone explain what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>44044136
It's the new symbol for colorless mana.
No real change to the game other than a basic land that taps for (1), and that (1) is now <>.
If <> is in a casting cost, it has to be paid with colorless mana, which can come from any source, be it the new lands, a mana rock, or even a colorless land like temple of the false god, ghost quarter, etc...
This is my understanding of it anyways.
>>
>>44044136
reformat colorless mana production to be distinct from generic mana costs since they currently both use {1}
>>
>>44044196
>>44044204
Interesting mechanic, colorless cards that demand you pay their cost with colorless mana have some design potential. Though that requirement will be stupidly easy in EDH considering the number of utility lands and colorless mana rocks we run.

1. Does that mean that things like painlands will be templated to produce <> in the future?

2. Will Wastes be playable in any EDH deck since they are colorless?
>>
Looking to redo my Tromokratis sea creatures deck up a bit.

Right now sort of torn between Braids and Jalira as the new commander for the deck. They both work similarly (get out big stuff fast), but I'm not sure who to use. Who would you pick, /tg/?

And should I bother with Eldrazi for the deck? I don't have Kozilek and Ulamog, should I make acquiring them a priority?
>>
So diamond mana means Sol Ring, Mana Crypt and Mana Vault are ever so slightly better than before? Cool.
>>
>>44044264
>1. Does that mean that things like painlands will be templated to produce <> in the future?
according to the spoiled Mystic Gate, that's a possibility
>2. Will Wastes be playable in any EDH deck since they are colorless?
in theory, yes
>>44044303
Braids is for cheating, Jalira is for fun
>>44044307
they're functionally identical before and after the reformat, there's just a reason to have colorless mana now
>>
>>44044322
>they're functionally identical before and after the reformat, there's just a reason to have colorless mana now
Yes, that's the point. If there's a reason to have colorless mana, things that produce colorless mana become slightly better. It's a very small difference but if some amazing cards get spoiled with diamond-heavy casting costs, it will be felt.
>>
>>44044417
oh i see what your argument is
yes, i agree
>>
>>44044322
Jalira it is, then. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>44044264
>Does that mean that things like painlands will be templated to produce <> in the future?
Sure seems that way, which sucks. Imagine how confusing that's going to be for new players.
I understand <> and I STILL don't like the idea of a land or rock with that printed on it outside of a Eldrazi deck. It just seems inelegant.
>>
I have a feeling diamond cards are going to be pushed as fuck. Right now, with the near-perfect mana in Standard, 3-4 color decks are the norm, and they'd have to give the players a damn good reason to run a colorless land. But that's a new basic land, which is a huge fucking deal, and it would be extremely embarrassing if it ended up seeing absolutely no play outside of casual and EDH.

Therefore, they have to make diamond cards very pushed, no way around it. It's probably going to get its own slice of the color pie, get to do things strictly colorless cards can't typically do.
>>
>>44044607
>future reprints of Thran Dynamo will read T; Add <><><> to your mana pool
Please no.
>>
>>44044730
Isn't this just basically turning colorless into an unofficial color?

The idea of the Eldrazi warping a non-color into a color makes sense. but a full retcon outside of the set is just unbelievably stupid.
>>
>>44043248
I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking about using a slight Enchantress theme along with Yosei to initiate a soft-lock on people.
>>
>>44044822
>Isn't this just basically turning colorless into an unofficial color?
Functionally, yeah, that's exactly what's happening. There is nothing to really differentiate it from a 6th color, aside from the fact things like Birds of Paradise can't produce it.
>>
>>44043248
GW hatebears is fun. My Anafenza deck is basically just GW hatebears splashing some black removal and a Drana, it's really fun to play and still fares well in longer, grindier games.
>>
>>44044687
I wish the enchantment theme in theros would have been pushed like you're saying <> will be.
>>
Is clone shell garbage?
>>
>>44044941
They often said Affinity was a mistake, so it stood to reason that we wouldn't get any ridiculously broken "enchantment matters" mechanics. It was still a disappointment, but nothing really unexpected.

Here, we have a new "color". A new basic land. That will change the templating of all colorless producing cards ever printed. It's a really huge change in the game, and if they do nothing impressive with it, if it goes nowhere, it will be a fuck-up of ridiculous proportions. They have to do something good with it.
>>
>>44045019
>wanting to make new colors
>haven't even fleshed out and balanced the existing five
No Wizards! Finish your vegetables before having dessert!
>>
>>44045089
It's a "color" that has existed since the beginning of the game. They're only just now formalizing it as a "color". Twenty years too late.
>>
But when Colour identity turns other colours or mana into colourless, does it make diamond or a second type of colourless?
>>
>>44045157
I assume it's still "colorless" for the purposes of identity, the diamond symbol just means it mechanically functions like any color.

If I'm wrong, then it'll fuck up so much more than we think.
>>
>>44045157
it would be just the <>
as the <> is colorless.
>>
>>44045206
Clarifying the question.
Commander is black/white
Gets a green mana
Green mana turns colourless
Is the green mana now considered diamond?
>>
>>44045257
yes
>>
>>44044913
Definitely possible with Karmic Guide, though at that point, your sac outlet is probably winning you the game anyway.

>>44044937
I was extremely tempted to make Anafenza hate bears, but I'm dead set on finishing the mono and guild pie. Jeleva is the only exception atm. Black adds better consistency with winning, too. I can use Angel of Glory's Rise with Saffi and something as stupid as Death Cultist, which was my wincon in Teysa, actually. I replaced Saffi with Fiend Hunter, but still the same thing.
>>
>>44044730
you don't have to worry because they'll never reprint Dynamo
>>
>>44044990
Summoner's Egg is straight up better
>>
>>44045509
>They'll never reprint Dynamo

Yeah, just like they never reprinted it in Archenemy, FTV20 or Commander 2014, those were all optical illusions sent forth by MaRo to distract us from him slowly killing the game.
>>
>>44045257
Yes.

The only difference is colorless is represented as <> rather then sharing the same symbol as generic mana costs (1)
>>
>>44045287
That's going to make it ridiculously easy to fulfill diamond mana requirements in EDH. If your deck is anything but 5 colors, your City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Birds of Paradise and anything of the sort can tap for <>.

I foresee diamond changing literally nothing to EDH other than making colorless manabases cheaper to put together.
>>
>>44045732

The only real change is that colorless commanders now have basic lands.
>>
>>44045762
In other formats, it's going to make things that produce colorless mana more important if there are diamond cards you want to cast. In EDH, the color identity rules means anything you have that produces mana of any color can produce Diamond, and everyone runs mind stone, sol ring, mana crypt, etc., so the diamond mana requirements will pretty much never matter when you run diamond cards.
>>
>>44045802
They appear to be going back and changing a a shit load of lands to make diamond mana too, so people running filters ect can plop out diamond mana costed things just as easily without needing to use city of brass or the like.
>>
File: mystic gate.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
mystic gate.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>44045802
Of course, but like i said

All it really changes is that someone like Karn can use basic lands (wastes), rather then having to rely completely on mana rocks, and non-basic lands to produce <>
>>44045834
They arent really changing anything, old lands like pain lands..or mystic gate could always tap for colorless. Instead of the symbol being (1) its just <> now, but it hasn't changed what mana it produced.
>>
>>44045732
Except your completely wrong. If you tap City of Brass for "any color of mana" you must choose Blue Black Red Green or White. You can't choose colorless because colorless isn't a color
>>
It's funny, because I predict there'll be 1-2 playable "Diamond" cards and they'll have made cards look butt ugly for a shitty mechanic in a tiny set that no one cares about.

Oh and thanks for reprinting the filter lands that direly need a proper reprint for both commander and modern as land lottery faggotry, that really helps a whole lot.
>>
>>44045943
You name a color that your general isn't, so you produce that mana and it becomes colorless, per EDH rules.
>>
>>44045958
Oh shit I didn't realize that. Amazing...
>>
>>44045951
>It's funny, because I predict there'll be 1-2 playable "Diamond" cards and they'll have made cards look butt ugly for a shitty mechanic in a tiny set that no one cares about.
Under what basis?

>Oh and thanks for reprinting the filter lands that direly need a proper reprint for both commander and modern as land lottery faggotry, that really helps a whole lot.
We don't know if the filter lands are in the actual set or not. There's at least a chance.
>>
>>44045732
It's actually going to make it HARDER for 5c to make colorless because those same lands/critters can't produce colorless mana because it will stay that color. I'm ok with that, actually.
>>
Is there any way to bring back enchantments from your graveyard to your hand/battlefield in Red/Black?
>>
>>44046139
Probably going to have to look to Artifact sources for this one. Both colors suck with Enchantments.

There's the fabulous Skull of Orm, which has
>5, T: Return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
>>
>>44046139

Crystal Chime. Just got a reprint in the BW deck.
>>
>>44046208
>>44046218
Oooooo nice. I like both of those!
Anything for artifacts/instants/sorcery in those colors?
>>
>>44046099
>he really thinks they'll just throw a returning mechanic into the 2nd part of a block when it already has more than enough issues with its buttfuck ugly diamond mana.

Lel, I bet you buy boosters because "you never know!".
>>
>>44046245
Instants/Sorceries
Charmbreaker Devils
Anarchist

Artifacts
Goblin Welder
Junk Diver
Myr Retriever
Trading Post

Artifact Creatures
Skeleton Shard
Scarecrone
Moriok Scavenger
>>
Can I cast my commander from the command zone with spells like Scout's Warning?
>>
>>44044687
Some pain lands are still in standard. And new Kozilek is a guaranteed in R/G ramp since they already run huge numbers of colorless lands.
>>
>>44046331
Damn, none of these are that useful to me, as my deck is creature-less.

Thanks anyways!
>>
>>44046351
Yes.
>>
>>44046375
Unless you're super committed to an Oops All Spells theme deck, Charmbreaker Devils is an all-star. Recurs something every turn AND can swing for surprisingly high damage.
>>
>>44046245
Black has Ill-Gotten Gains, but it exiles itself, and Xiahou Dun. There's also Codex Shredder.

In general, Beacon of Unrest can hit artifacts, red has a handful of stuff like Charm breaker Devils, Anarchist, and Volcanic Vision. There are tons of artifacts that recur artifacts like Trading Post, Skeleton Shard, and Myr Retriever. There's also Buried Ruin.

>>44046375
If you're Creatureless, go with Beacon of Unrest, Volcanic Vision, Ill-Gotten Gains, and Codex Shredder. Crystal Chimes and Trading Post are both good options, too. Trading Post makes a creature to sac later, plus you have Kher Keep.
>>
>>44046369
>painlands are still in Standard
You're right, there's pretty much no reason to ever run Wastes. This is stupid.
>>
>>44046283
You're on roll with these baseless assumptions. I don't, in fact, I advise against it to people who get into the temptation.

I was merely stating a fact of the matter. We simply have not been given enough information to declare anything as fact. And when I say "we," it means you too.
Is it likely that filter lands are in this set? Eh, probably not. I'm not a good judge of power level/development issues so I can't say.
>>
>>44042779
Bump becaue i need an answer to determine a xmas present for someone.
>>
>>44046495
Ruination Standard fucking when
>>
>>44046495
To say that there will no reason to run Wastes is still not guaranteed. And even then, if Standard is just too good of a place to need it, then there's still other venues that will. Namely, EDH, which this thread is chiefly about and limited, which how it's shaping up to be, will most likely need more sources of colorless mana.
>>
File: decks.png (1015 KB, 1362x383) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1015 KB, 1362x383
still picking up a few things for sharuum every now and then, most recently was transmute artifact.

I need something new to build, considering daretti but i dont want to make it too tryhard because most of my shit already is
>>
>>44046796
honestly none of them, get him a foil scion of the ur-dragon if you really want to get him a sickass christmas gift
>>
>>44046915
Yes, it will see play in EDH, but that's besides the point. Anything and everything can and does see play in EDH. If their new basic land sees no play in any other format however, then it's a huge design and development failure. So I'm expecting them to give us a damn good reason to play those lands, and it has to be better than "It's a basic land for your Karn EDH deck"
>>
>>44040916
>Get offered all 7 FTV, sealed, for $900
>Only want 75/110 cards.
>Only REALLY want 52/110 cards.
>Definately won't hoard them unopened for value.

Would you?
>>
>>44047027
>If their new basic land sees no play in any other format however, then it's a huge design and development failure
No, it isn't. Not all cards or mechanics *have* to be built for all mediums of play. In fact, very rarely does that happen. Plus, it's simply impossible to make Wastes matter in formats that ways to produce colorless mana come by a lot easier. However, EDH happens to care what about the basic land type and with Wastes, limited can be pushed to create a colorless archtype.
>>
>>44045509
C14 nigger, and Sol Ring/Basalt Monolith were printed this year, and will be reprinted next year, now with asshole mana too!
>>
>>44047103
Whats the cost of the 52 cards you really want?

If you dont have an immediate use for them and you dont plan on hoarding them to sell later or reselling right away, dont.
>>
>>44047170
>No, it isn't. Not all cards or mechanics *have* to be built for all mediums of play.
I 100% agree with you but a new "color" of mana and a new basic land that brings along with it a retemplating for all colorless mana producing cards is way too big a deal for something that is only destined to see play in EDH and casual. They're bringing about one of the biggest changes Magic has seen in recent years and for what? An unofficial casual format that will barely be impacted by the change anyway?

If they don't give good reasons to play Wastes in other formats, they fucked up.
>>
why the heck is bad Rakdos more expensive than Rakdos, Lord of Riots

what is the reason for this
>>
>>44047583
Older set with lower print run
>>
>>44047613
ok thanks that makes sense
>>
>>44047341
> new "color"
Since you're putting quotation marks around 'color' you should do the same for 'new' because colorless mana has always been around, but never truly treated it for what it is. As I'm sure you know, generic mana is not the same as colorless mana. However, they are both represented with the same symbol .Which is somewhat of a flaw, from a design stand-point. Not a major, but still something hat should be fixed to make a good clear distinction of the differences.

That being said, I don't where your problem lies. Is it with the new basic land type or the new mana symbol? Because technically they could have made Wastes with just T:Add (1) to your mana pool. But with that they couldn't have made cards like new Kozilek which actually care if colorless mana was spent to cast it. This new symbol opens up to space we haven't seen before.

Let it be known that Wastes doesn't break anything (as far as we know). Coalition Victory or Domain only care about the a basic land sub type which Wastes lack. It's why Barry's Land hasn't happened yet. Actually, this is a pretty ingenious way to fix the problem.
>>
Alright, so I haven't really played Magic since Champions of Kamigawa, but have recently gotten back into it about a month ago after finding a group who plays. So I bought the Nahiri pre-constructed deck, along with some BfZ and Dragons of Tarkir booster packs, kinda got back into the swing of things. Played some EDH games, along with atleast one draft night, but the group mostly plays EDH.

Anyways, so my dad is planning on getting some cards for X-Mas, and I figured 3 or so fat packs would be the best choice, mainly to get a more modern collection of cards started. I'm for sure going to get atleast one Dragons of Tarkir, cause dragons, but was wondering what you guys would recommend for the other two, keeping in mind the group mostly plays EDH with some modern.
>>
>>44043073
Don't know if you're still here but:
>Rest for the Weary seems meh without ways to recur it
>Terror is strictly worse than Go for the Throat, Murder, or Malicious Affliction
>Subversion is pretty meh, but it could add up
>Commander's Authority is expensive for what it does
>Butcher of Malakir is much more vulnerable than Grave Pact or Dictate of Erebos, and a higher CMC
>Chancellor of Dross is pretty meh, fun but not amazing
>Death Cultist, without recursion shenanigans is meh
>33 lands could be a little low but your average CMC is pretty low so it could work

All in all, I think there's too many 'when ~ enters gain X life' when value creatures would likely be more worthwhile. Which, if your meta isn't a lot of combo, the lifegain could very well be worth it but in general it seems like it would be better to have some value creatures over some of the life gain stuff.
>>
>>44047638
>That being said, I don't where your problem lies
I have no issues with the mechanic existing, all I'm saying is they need to give us a damn fucking good reason to use Wastes at least in Standard, because this is too big a change for us to be content with using it only in EDH. So I'm guessing we're going to get some very diamond-intensive casting costs, on some eternal playable cards. But even then, there's so much shit already giving colorless mana since it's a full "retcon", it's going to be very hard to make diamonds in the casting costs matter enough for people to run Wastes. As has been stated before, painlands are a thing in Standard right now.

I guess it's sort of cute that Wastes can be tutored by all evolving wilds type cards but that's not quite enough. I just don't know how they're going to make wastes relevant anywhere but in colorless EDH.
>>
>>44047703
I'd advise against three fat packs, there's just too much variance involved, you could end up with great finds but also with nothing but shit. Get one fat pack, one precon, one duel deck, or any split of those. Duel decks / clash packs have been particularly good value as of late, and the commander precons are pretty much always worth their retail cost, even the worst ones.
>>
>>44047196
$520-550.
It kind of is a good deal if you shit money but $900 on cards means no other christmass presents for myself or anyone else.
>>
>>44047703
Honestly, a couple of the other precons and some cash for singles would likely be better because without being super lucky the fat packs are likely to get you garbage.
>>
Me and my friend want to break into the paper format with the 2015 commander decks, we were thinking of getting mixzix, meren, and ezuri how usable are these decks out of the box? Are they balanced against each other?

As a side note, is there any way to get the commanders cards not oversized? They're so big it seems clunky to play with
>>
>>44048487
>how usable are these decks out of the box?
Perfectly usable, the team making the precons mostly has their shit together and since 2014 edition, most decks have been perfectly playable, and easy to upgrade.
>Are they balanced against each other?
It's been my experience that Meren is stronger than the others but overall, the power gap isn't so huge that you'll have very one-sided games.
>is there any way to get the commanders cards not oversized?
All oversized commander cards come with a regular-sized version in the same box. You can safely send the oversized cards to the trash bin, there's pretty much no reason to ever use them.
>>
>>44048540
the 2013 ones were pretty decent too
>>
File: what are their names tg.jpg (28 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
what are their names tg.jpg
28 KB, 265x370
What are their names again, /tg/?
>>
>>44047583
Rakdos the Defiler and Master of Cruelties are probably the two most powerful demons when they come with Kaalia.
>>
>>44048681
Chewy and Fuckface
>>
>>44048681
Dragonslayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough
>>
>>44048681
Possible qt tomboy and spergs, gives me a reason to RG now. Not to sure on Landfall focus though.
>>
>>44048681
>>44027506
>>
>>44048681
I'm not 100%, but something like Minna and Danny is what I've seen float around. "Danny" is probably wildly oversimplified.
>>
>>44048690
ah, so you don't get the forced exalted or 'i have no lands' triggers. makes sense and seems powerful, at least for that turn's combat.

too bad i don't like the white enough to play it
>>
File: OS.gif (2 MB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
OS.gif
2 MB, 300x291
>>44048681
>>
File: EDH.png (2 MB, 1478x1122) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
2 MB, 1478x1122
>>44048818
deck linking time?
>>
>>44048624
Yeah but they weren't all playable, the esper and grixis ones in particular played like shit out of the box (though they still offered very decent value).
>>
File: commanders.png (1 MB, 1239x498) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
1 MB, 1239x498
>>44049080
yea buddy
>>
what is stax i am not familiar with the terminology
>>
are there any interesting meren decks? every list I see has the same god damn cards
>>
>>44049181
stax means preventing other people from having fun
>>
>>44049181
A resource denial strategy centered around keeping things tapped down (Tangle Wire), unable to attack (Ensnaring Bridge) or unable to stick on the battlefield (Smokestack). They run lots of removal and play the long game, such that they eventually grind out a superior board state.
>>
>>44049194
stax :^) I like it

>>44049181
control deck that attacks the resources of all players somewhat symmetrically but is built in order to play through its own hate.
>>
>>44047703
If you can get them, BFZ fat-packs have more than their value in full-art lands, but are hard as hell to find as a result. OGW fatpacks will have them too. Aside from that, what >>44048354
said.
>>
>>44049194
>meren
>relentless rats
>lands
gogogo
>>
File: 309.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
309.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>44049218
it's a deck with lods e resource denial, taxing effects, disruption, and sacrifice effects to lock down opponents gets it's namesake from smoke stacks
>>
>>44049262
I love how fair it looks and how unfair it plays out.
>>
>>44049296
Stax is one hell of a drug my friend
>>
>>44049296
It's only unfair, because the people who run Smokestack have decks tuned to be able to easily recover or benefit from its effect. In a vacuum the cards only benefit is being able to stack the triggers so that you sack permanents before putting any soot counters on it.
>>
>Braids, Minion
Banned as commander I understand, but banned in the 99? Why?
>>
>>44049365
>In a vacuum the cards only benefit is being able to stack the triggers so that you sack permanents before putting any soot counters on it.
Which is kinda huge
>>
>>44049375
MTGO
>>
>>44049375
consistency

i think they merged the two lists (99 banlist/general's banlist) to make it easier to grok
>>
>>44049218
Go away official rules committee.
>>
>>44049390
You are paying 4 mana and a card-- you should at the very least benefit from it in some regard.
>>
>>44049410
Speaking of, did any anons go to GP Atlanta? Play at Sheldon's table? Have any stories to share?
>>
>>44049391
How so?

>>44049409
So it's partial laziness as well then, it's not like it's Gifts Ungiven or anything.
>>
>>44049557
I heard that UGx bullshit was memeing on the competition.
>>
>>44049667
MTGO doesn't support multiple banlists.
>>
>>44048354
>>44049244

Alright, cool. I'll turn one of those fat packs into a Pre-Con, just so I definitely have another deck to play. But I still want two fat packs. I'll consider BfZ, but any other recommendations?

>>44048389

Eh, I kinda want boosters, and I'd rather not have my dad buy me singles. There's fun to be had opening new boosters, seeing what's new to you, not to mention the smell of a fresh pack. My dad is glad I'm playing Magic again because I'm making meatspace friends, but I'd rather just buy singles myself as I need them rather than get hyper specific with Christmas presents.
>>
>>44049727
neither do i
>>
>>44049795
KTK has the highest expected value for boosters because of fetches.

The 2013 and 2012(good luck finding one for a reasonable price) decks have strong commanders, but are garbage out of the box.

2014 and 2015 decks are all viable.
>>
>>44049795
Dragons has the best value and the most EDH playables,
>>
>>44049795
Magic Origins imo, it's not overstocked with mediocre Limited mechanics so there's a higher likelihood of you finding good commons and uncommons that are EDH playable, and I think the expected value of a pack is fairly high (though a lot of that has to do with Jace).
>>
Which Wx Angel is worth Running?

Intending it to be used in "Super Hero/Super Villain" and Casual games.

Currently built:
>Jhoira, Most competitive
>Drana, Vamp Tribal
>Teysa, Scion
>Nekusar Drawburn
>>
>>44049262
I still don't get it. How does this work to your advantage?
>>
>>44049907
How much do you care about winning? Because Aurelia is a fantastic low-tier deck. It's not going to perform well against three UGx goodstuff opponents but bringing the Boros beats to a table can be a very appreciable change of pace.
>>
>>44049940
You control the triggers and when they hit the stack. So if it has 1 counter on it, you sac a permanent and add another counter, which makes everyone else sac 2. Then when your turn comes around, you remove one and still only sac one. Then you repeat this process of everyone Saccing 2-1-2-1-2-1 while you sac a bitter blossom token or something.
>>
>>44049982
Don't really care about winning too much, but being there the entire game would always be a plus.

Maybe a little more political-focus than win-focus.
>>
>>44049999
Confusing, annoying, and seems tedious.
Nice quads
>>
>>44049999
You can't remove counters from Smokestack without some reverse proliferate effect. Most of the time it's common to leave Smokestack at 1 and sac a token or a Tangle Wire with 1 counter on it or something.
>>
>>44049940
First, regarding Smokestack, you get to stack the triggers on your upkeep. So you sac 0 permanents, then put a counter on the Smokestack, your opponents then sac 1 on their upkeep. You then sac 1, they have to sac 2. And so on. When you want to get rid of the Smokestack, you can sac it to its own effect, which alleviates the tax some.

Then, obviously, there's the fact you'll have a deck designed to operate with Smokestack. So, full of things you don't mind sacrificing. So, things like Solemn Simulacrum and even wellsprings in red welder type smokestack decks, cheap creature tokens (eg. Linering Souls), creatures that replace themselves on death or can be played from the graveyard (gravecrawler, reassembling skeleton), things you actively want to sacrifice (Academy Rector), and other sources of recursion depending on the build.

Smokestack is an incredibly powerful card that can even work to your advantage when you're building around it.
>>
>>44050092
with Meren as commander and smokestack also on the field, can't you sac some tokens, then do Meren's trigger to get a thing back? leaving the smokestack low enough that you can sustain the feeding without losing meren,

is that how it works?
>>
>>44050051
>confusing
You need to figure out how the stack works eventually.
>annoying
Debatable, it's no different from other control decks. Some people get upset they can't do anything, others enjoy the matchup.
>tedious
Well yeah, it's prison control and the main wincon is usually the opponent conceding, it's not made for blisteringly fast aggro grames.
>>
>>44050134
yep
>>
>>44050134
Yes, Smokestack is likely to be very good in Meren. I'd probably play it with creatures that provide more than one body to sac, or are easily recurred, but it's going to be good even with your usual staples like Yavimaya Elder, Solemn Simulacrum, etc.
>>
>>44050062
Shit, you're right. Not sure where the remove one came from.

>>44050051
See >>44050051

Just keep it at one and sac stupid shit.
>>
>>44050092
That makes much more sense, thanks.
>Smokestack
>to make it work you manipulate the stack
>I'm gonna need a smoke after a game it's been in
It's like poetry
>>
I once made a black-white casual 60 cards stax deck that ran Trading Posts and the full Festering Newt / Bogbrew / Bubbling Cauldron combo alongside Skirsdag High Priests and Angelic Accord. I'd basically sacrifice goats to make Angel or Demon tokens. I called it goatstax and it's one of the most entertaining casual decks I played so far.

Of course, since this was casual, I ran it with Sol Ring, Academy Rectors, Grave Pacts, Enlightened Tutors, etc. Otherwise, I'd just be describing a draft deck.
>>
File: 1304902421889.png (48 KB, 399x433) Image search: [Google]
1304902421889.png
48 KB, 399x433
Can I do a Doran EDH deck and make it very competitive?
I really don't wanna do Anafenza...
Or is Doran just too weak to ever be a Tier 1 deck?
>>
>>44050641
Karador>Ghave>Doran>Anafenza>That faggot dragon.
>>
>>44050720
Normies arent smart enough to play magic well, and they will lose interest in less than a year
Maro only pretends to care about them to get their money, because thats his culture
>>
>>44050720
I might be going crazy cuz its finals week but wasn't this posted verbatim in the last thread?
>>
File: 1432514536707.png (151 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
1432514536707.png
151 KB, 223x311
>>44050844

Some asshole is spamming it in every thread. Shadowrun threads, Quest threads, thinly veiled porn threads, etc.

Just report and move on.
>>
>>44050877
Gotcha. I only visit /edh/ so I wouldn't have known.
>>
>>44050877
Last week he put it in LITERALLY EVERY THREAD ON THE BOARD (either that or saying "partyvan anyone who talks about loli") about a week ago
Good to see the mods got him quicker this time and hopefully they will get the hint AND BAN HIM FOR MORE THAN A DAY
>>
>>44050907
It's a tumblr weenie who got triggered because normal people are kicking SJW nuts out of tumblr and he's "raiding" 4chan, deviantart and reddit because he thinks we're raiding tumblr.
>>
>>44050732
Anafenzas one of the top decks friend, but then again competitive edh is weird.
>>
>>44050641
It can be pretty good, actually. Being in arguably one of the best color combinations in EDH doesn't hurt. You can use lockdown stuff like meekstone, crackdown, marble titan. Power-based wipes like fat Elspeth, retribution of the meek, fell the mighty, solar tide. Toughness-based goodstuff. Finally, high toughness dudes are incredibly cheap and make it ridiculously easy to pump out efficient threats (1cmc 4/4? Yes, several). Add in pretection, spot removal, tutors, and redundancy (Doran Enchantment comes to mind) and you should have a fairly solid, consistent deck.
>>
>>44046424
I had Charmbreaker Devils in Aurelia for a long time. He always seemed to cost too much and was a removal magnet. I recently removed then and honestly haven't missed them that much.
>>
>>44051722
Because Junk is dumb powerful, not because she's better than Karador, Ghave or Doran.
She may be equal to Doran, but both the C11 Junk commanders are on a different tier.
>>
okay /edh/ i haven't been able to decide on a new commander for a while now, i only have ever built one EDH before this and i usually try to trade for most of my decks at a slow pace. Who is a fun and interactive general that's preferably 2+ colors. Not going tryhard tier for this but a friend is currently finishing Sharuum Artifacts with all the good shit, so i need to stand up to that.
>>
>>44052276
Build Kataki hatebears with Linvala and tutors for stony silence.
>>
>>44049410
>posting that screenshot as if it's a bad thing
>>
>>44049391
They have repeatedly denied that this was the reason.
>>
>>44052345
That doesn't mean it isn't the reason.
>>
>>44052300
Not trying to shut him down, just using mentioning that because its the strongest deck at our table, Currently its Sharuum Facts, Updated Meren, RG Omnath Elementals, and another precon or two usually. I have an Aurelia Angel tribal currently, and want something a bit more interesting.
>>
>>44050641
Doran's pretty good. As with anything, having infinite combos helps, and as it happens, Doran has some really cute ones. I'll copy-paste from my old Doran decklist on tappedout.

Doran, the Siege Tower +
Angelic Protector, Daru Spiritualist or Task Force +
Nomads en-Kor, Lightning Greaves or Umbral Mantle

Lets you attack with infinite toughness (therefore power), potentially as early as turn 3.
>>
>>44052330
>If you want to play Braids in the 99 of your sacrifice deck, get the fuck out of our format
And yet you defend this.
>>
>>44050641
I've seen clumped together doran, and he is a tank. If you have him tuned, easily a monster to contend with. Only problem is, that he isn't blue, but even then a late game cyclonic rift isn't much since most of your powercreeps are cheep as fug.
So tune that shit up and it's easily one of the most impressive aggro beatdown decks
>>
>>44052419
I have a feeling whoever keeps posting that screenshot just got triggered that the rc doesn't like a card they want to play.

To say that players who tend for certain playstyles aren't the best fit for a certain format is nothing mindblowing.

But I don't want to be cancer to this thread which is what these arguments usually become, so I spoke my mind on it and will just let it be after this.
>>
>>44052507
>To say that players who tend for certain playstyles aren't the best fit for a certain format is nothing mindblowing.
He's saying if you're a fan of the card, you should be encouraged to find another format. There's nothing about playstyles in there. If you'd like to play Braids in a stax deck, get out. If you'd like to play her in Savra, or Meren, or Sheoldred, or literally anything, get out. This isn't about whether I like the card or not, this is an instance of one guy hating a card so much he thinks if you like it, you should stop playing EDH. Except that guy is part of the official rules committee. It's beyond retarded.

Meanwhile you can still play smokestack, the abyss, nether void, any number of grave pact effects, and that's cool because the RC likes those cards, but somehow, Braids is crossing the line and if you like that filth you like badwrongfun and should get out. How can you possibly defend this mentality is beyond me.
>>
File: karlov.png (139 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
karlov.png
139 KB, 223x311
Anyone have any suggestions for my karlov deck? It's built to gain 1 or 2 life at a time, but have tons of triggers to get a bunch of counters on karlov. Anyone else have similar builds and have secret tech I'm missing?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/requiem-aeternam-dona-eis-domine/
>>
>>44052697
Guy in my playgroup that ru s him gets a lot of mileage out of Jitte
>>
>>44052575
Braids used to be in the 99 and just banned as commander. But then thry did away with seperate lists so no braids for anyone
>>
>>44052697
You got just about every cheap lifegain thing I know of. The only thing I don't see are the newer white or black lucky charms that work on land drops but are more expensive.
>>
>>44052797
I considered those, but I opted for the horn and feather because they trigger on other players' spells as well.
>>
>>44040953
Asmira, Holy Avenger
Chorus of the Conclave
Dragonlord Dromoka
Gabriel Angelfire
Jasmine Boreal (my favorite)
Lady Caleria
Sir Shandlar of Eberyn
Tolsimir Wolfblood
Torsten Von Ursus
>>
>>44052697
Dude. Essence Harvest.
>>
>>44052830
I figured as much.
I like the art on them, but they're not really worth it, even in edh. Maybe in a landfall deck.
>>
>>44052844
Excellent suggestion, and I happen to have that laying around. Going in now, thanks.
>>
>>44052751
Yes, we know that. But when someone asked why the banned as commander list was removed, this was the answer received from the RC: >>44049410

Putting aside the actual reason provided (not worth the extra bureaucracy, because we think EDH players are too dumb to memorize a separate list containing all of three cards), what really stands out in this post is the RC member condemning all fans of Braids by implying they should play something else. Even if this was just targeted at the stax archetype and not at a specific card, it would be extremely stupid. To imply that fans of stax should get out because the RC doesn't like stax just shows how close-minded they are. They've already fostered an environment in which aggro is barely viable if at all, they want an entire type of control decks (attrition, stax) out of the picture, and they often say combo is the wrong way to play EDH. They're basically trying to create a format in which only ramp / midrange / battlecruiser exists, and that would be fine if they were just managing their own playgroup, but since they make the official rules, they're pushing those personal preferences on all players, worldwide.
>>
>>44052697
>guildgate
Drop this for a basic.
>>
>>44040953
Do Karador family. (reanimation or SPIRIT TRIBAL)

Or Doran, Sigarda, Miyael, Conclave, Gaddock Teeg, I dunno.
>>
>>44052381
Depending what you want to play you could do:
>pretty much any UGx
>Rakdos, Eldrazi Summoner
>Grixis goodstuff, Thrax is my preferred
>a hatebear/stax strategy
>>
>>44052575
>These cards (and others like them) should not be played without prior agreement
>(and others like them)
>>
>>44052697
Exsanguinate

Why the fuck isn't this in here.
>>
>>44052932
The separate banlists make far more sense, anyway. Braids is to black what seedborn muse is to green. An exemplar of a color on a small body being banned is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>44053437
>if you like this card, you should find another format
>>
>>44053466
Pretty much this. Getting rid of the banned as a commander list was retarded. The most annoying thing about it was they totally banned Braids but unbanned Kokusho, Combo Dragon Excellente. That kinda pissed me off.
>>
>>44053466
We let someone in our group play with Braids (in the 99), and honestly, she's only a big issue when she comes out turn 2 off of Mana Crypt or Sol Ring. And in those circumstances, I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Braids. She's just a good tool in a stax deck, but if you play stax you should apparently quit EDH, even if your playgroup is fine with it and enjoys various playstyles beyond the RC's extremely limited idea of what constitutes a fun and acceptable EDH game.

Sheldon once said that if you like cutthroat games, you don't really like EDH. I'm not making this up.
>>
>>44052213

it doesnt work in every deck, and youre right it IS a major removal target, like any creature that gives delayed value

its so fucking good in rakdos, lord of riots though, i can cast it for 1 mana, return my wheel of fortune to hand for another turn of waste not shenanigans
>>
>>44053528

but dude braids is a lot more oppressive than kokusho

dont get me wrong kokusho is insane, but really he's just a value train, he doesn't completely shut you out of the game like braids can
>>
>>44053564
I agree with the idea of not wanting edh to be cut throat. But there has to be a degree of wiggle room that is left up to playgroups. Just as much as EDH is intended to be a fun group format it is also meant to be loose and flexible to allow groups to make their own choices in the end. While banning emrakul is reasonable, Braids is just grasping at straws to solve a complex problem with a single blunt gesture.
>>
>>44053589
I think Braids shutting people out of the game is a symptom of two things. 1) People run no curve in their decks, it's all high cost shit. 2) The quality of mana acceleration in the format leads to Braids landing turn 2 way too easily.

Stax isn't a deck in anything but Vintage because the sting is taken out of that strategy if opponents get more than one or two turns to start deploying their threats or otherwise advancing their gameplan. In EDH, people durdle a lot and stax can get out on the field at Vintage speed. The former is a problem with the structure of the format (encourages durdly midrange strategies with little to no low-cost cards), the latter with the banlist (lolsolring and mana crypt).
>>
top 10 most fun commander generals
>>
>>44053649
Yeah, I have some competitive decks, some casual ones, even some unmodified precons. You should adapt the deck you use to the meta you're in. If someone brings out a dickass daretti stax list against casuals, or a turbo-casual giant tribal deck at a cutthroat table, someone's going to have a bad time. In either case, the player's to blame, not the deck: he failed to adapt to his playgroup. That doesn't mean you shouldn't play Daretti stax or giant tribal in EDH.

Removing the banned as commander list was a mistake in my opinion, but one I can live with. What irks me is this opinion that fans of Braids should GTFO. I've never owned or played Braids myself, I definitely don't consider myself a fan of the card, but that mentality still annoys me.
>>
>>44053651

my issue with braids is it doesnt matter how low your curve is, if she comes out turn 2 or 3, im going to be stuck on 1 or 2 mana the whole game

if im lucky i top deck path to exile early

i dont want to have to mulligan for a particular card in a singleton format because i know im playing the braids guy

like yeah its kind of magical christmas land for him to always have a turn 2 braids but I've fucking seen turn 1 braids + bitterblossom multiple times, so fuck that shit
>>
>>44053499
And?
>>
File: 1395267634801.png (88 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
1395267634801.png
88 KB, 900x580
Commander 2016, what do you want to see? What kind of themes? EXP counters again? Planeswalker commanders?

I hope we one day get mono colored commander products again but the theme is planeshifted card and breaking color
>>
>>44053762
Next up on the list is ally colors. After that who knows what they'll try? Maybe 4-color?
>>
>>44052840
ebin

>>44053328
>Karador Spirit Tribal
I love the idea, but we kind of have like 3 Karador decks running around at the moment.
Everything else is uninteresting. Gonna stick with the other anon's idea with Saffi.
>>
>>44053815

>Ally Colors

Please don't let them shit on UB and BR again.
>>
>>44053762
Quad colors, each faction/deck's identity is centered around their extreme distaste for the one color they don't abide.
>>
So my next deck is going to be Zirilan dragon tribal, with snowlands.

What's some good tech for this sort of deck? I've got heaps of good artefact support already from another mono coloured tribal deck I have.
>>
>>44053840

>again

what do you mean?
>>
So, I'm working on this u/b rogue tribal deck for duel commander, anyone got opinions for me? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/honor-among-thieves-1/
>>
>>44053869

when you have a build-around tutoring commander, i like to run stuff like lightning greaves, swiftfoot boots, and darksteel plate

and i dont like to cast my commander unless i have haste and/or protection if i expect to get more than one activation out of it

also monored benefits from anti control hate cards like price of glory and war's toll

but it can also use cards like fork and dualcaster mage to deal with control
>>
>>44053869
Extraplanar Lens of course.
Rimescale Dragon
Glacial Crevasses
Skred
>>
File: 1301400260601.png (130 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1301400260601.png
130 KB, 500x346
>>44053846
Fucking this.
4 - Color legendary creatures when?
I dream of the day Wizards will print 5 new 4-color legendary creatures as the heads of the deck and errata the nephellum to be legendary and stock the new ones as secondary commanders in each.
Would be a great time for everyone.
>>
>>44053972
I've never been turned down a game with my nephilim deck
>>
>>44053972
I wouldn't mind if they errataed them to be legendary. I don't think it would make any difference outside of edh. I would be surprised if they did though.
>>
>>44053912

im not a big fan of last thoughts, there's a dimir cipher card i prefer

soul ransom is kinda lame because they have no reason to use the ability

killing the enchanted creature or destroying the enchantment is the standard way of getting back your mind controlled creature, and that way works better than what this offers you

but other than that its really cool! i like it a lot
>>
>>44054023
Thanks, that's a good point, I'm gonna swap soul ransom for something, and I'll look for a better card for last thoughts
>>
>>44053972
I don't know what it is, but the idea of a 4 color deck just triggers me. I think it's because I can only imagine faggots who want to add another color to their BUG decks, but don't want to be labeled as 5 color good stuff.

>Its cool man I'm not 5c good stuff cause no red lol cD

Seriously. What the fuck does 4c offer that isn't just tacking on green to your Grixis deck, or adding tutors to you Naya deck? Or Counterspells to your Jund deck? The answer is that you just want to be greedy.
>>
>>44053762
I don't know. I kind of don't care. All I know is they're gonna do something really cool and/or broken for the colors I don't care about, and complete and utter garbage for the ones I do.
>>
File: dire undercurrents.jpg (184 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
dire undercurrents.jpg
184 KB, 480x680
>>44054041

last thoughts is not bad, per se, its just i felt like their are better options, namely, and i cant believe you are missing this because its fucking perfect for you

pic related
>>
>>44053972
I just came up with that on the spot, I didn't know wizzies didn't actually print any 4 colored cards.
It shouldn't be THAT hard to come up with something. Using the existing guilds from Ravnica as a loose framework. I think since four colors is actually very broad that they should be the colors of an individual country/religion. Most people and situations are pretty generic irl and some use what they DON'T believe in to set them aside from others and have their own personality. This would be much the same.
No Red - a group of monks who shut down their emotions
No blue - luddites who loathe technology, fantasy Amish
No black - group of people of a religion where the self is considered less important than the community
No white - Fantasy Libertarians
No green - Group that sacrifices nature to sustain its population
>>
>>44054069
Holy shit, added immediately
>>
>>44054061

i guess you can look at it that way

you seem to intuitively understand why i want to build a 4-color deck, but i dont feel guilty about it, it seems fun

i had a fun bant deck i played a lot but i found myself wanting to explore gruul card effects, so i thought about making it into a temur deck

but it just wasnt the same when i had to take out the azorius and selesnya stuff, so i realized what i wanted was WURG

i realize i can do 5-color, which also interests me

i have no qualms about doing 5-color good stuff i jsut dont think i want to invest in that kind of mana base and im almost not super hot on any of the 5-color commanders
>>
>>44053762
Since we know it's going to be allied colors:
>WU
1st: EXP counters revolving around either Flying creatures hitting peeps or Preventing Damage.
2nd: 2/2 Flyer with Telepathy's text on it.
>UB
1st: EXP counters revolving around lifeloss.
2nd: Some guy that makes it so people exile their librarys and lose life over it :^)
>BR
1st: EXP counters that's all about damage and group slug.
2nd: Indestructible Pro-Red/Black dude with Repercussion's text.
>RG
1st: EXP for having other players cast non-creature spells. Kind of a punisher sort of deck like Ruric Thar.
2nd: Ihateblue.dec
>GW
1st: EXP for Land drops and go to town. Has to have an activated ability to be a mana sink.
2nd: Something with landfall.
>>
>>44053890

I meant how those colors combos are treated in general. UB is always lolMillU which sucks in a multiplayer format and BR is usually lolAggro which is also fairly bad in EDH.
>>
File: Archibal the Interrogator.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Archibal the Interrogator.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>44054120

good ideas anon
>>
>>44054222
Flavor mismatch. Why does it say he interrogates if he can immediately sense what people are thinking, and doesn't actually interact with players at all?
Doesn't seem very white either.
>>
>>44054254

im sorry senpai :(
>>
>>44054131

yeah, definitely

we have seen way too many UB legendaries with a mill effect

i like phenax but he is the most egregious because he is among the most recent, so after all the Dimir themed mill we got, they went and gave us a mill God right after return to ravnica

and then mogis is awesome but kinda underwhelming, in a 40 life format, especially so

tymaret is cool though

i think BR has gotten a pretty decent amount of diversity in commanders. there are reanimate and sac themed options like tymaret, grenzo, and lyzolda, then there are aggro options like rakdos lord of riots and kolaghan the storm's fury
>>
>>44054254

Since when does it say he can sense what people are thinking? I think the flavour matches the card just fine --- although a 'chessmaster strategist' type flavour might work better.
>>
>>44052697
Mine is 1v1 but you can just lose Ivory Tower and Measure of Wickedness for Necropotence and Sol Ring and it's game for multilayer.
>>
>>44054349
>Since when does it say he can sense what people are thinking
>Your opponents play with their hands revealed
Also, what's the deal with interrogating three people at once and letting them share information.
Try a version of
⤵ Look at target players hand. Choose a card among them. Until end of turn that player can't play cards with the same name as the chosen card.
>>
>>44054254
A sarcastic "its almost as if he knows what youre thinking" sort of flavor text would be better
>>
>>44054120
Wet dream time?
>WU
1.- Exp counters for countering spells, spells your opponents play on your turn cost 1 more for each exp counter.
2.- Rhystic Study with legs
3.- Enchantment/Mana Rock subtheme with Hanna, Ship's Navigator.
>UB
1.- Experience counters for opponents discarding. At the beggining of each opponent's upkeep, deals damage equal to your exp counters, minus the number of cards in their hand to him/her.
2.- Opponents mill 1 on upkeep you can play those cards until end of turn.
3.- UB Shadow subtheme with Sygg.
>BR
1.- Experience counters for dealing 3 or more damage from a single source to a creature or player. On upkeep put Mog Fanatic tokens equal to experience counters.
2.- Sengir Vampire with "When ~ enters the battlefield deals 2 damage to each creature and each player". And "Remove a counter from ~ deal one damage to target creature".
3.- Tokens subtheme with Lyzolda
>RG
1.- Experience counters on Landfall, gets +1/+1 and when it dies leaves 1/1 wurm larva tokens equal to the experience.
2.- Tap to Faithless Looting and can play lands from your graveyard.
3.- Ruric Thar, fuck spells.
>GW
1.- Experience counters for gaining life, leaves an avatar with */* where * is your experience at end of turn.
2.- GW Thalia that taxes for the opponent for 2 during your turn.
3.- Sigarda, don't taze me bro.
>>
>>44052697
>>44054521
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-12-15-karlov/
The retard didn't post his list
>>
What are some good cards for an Izzet control build? I just bought the preconstructed deck and I want to improve it but not to the point where everyone hates me. This is what I added so far:

Chaos Warp
Guttersnipe
Young Pyromancer
Insurrection
Evacuation
Leyline of Anticipation
Pyromancer's Goggles
Jace's Sanctum
Vedalken Orrery
Capsize
Chromatic Lantern
Darksteel Ingot
Reality Shift
Ponder Mystical Tutor
Banefire
Ravaging Blaze
Blasphemous Act
All is Dust
Past in Flames
Reverberate
Twin Cast
>>
>>44054222
considering telepathy is a one (U) cost for all players to reveal their hand and is protected from most removal, I think the ability should be

>At the beginning of your upkeep, target player reveals their hand (to all players). You gain life equal to the number of cards in their hand.
>>
>>44053986
Some people like to play by the actual rules.
>>
>>44055186
2muchlyfgane
No way in fuck that would fly.
>>
>>44055222
But Anon, it's bird

Nah, but it rewards early life gain, but it wouldn't mean squat against the RW aggro decks. Maybe you gain life equal to the difference between their hand and your hand?
>>
Hey guys. Built and tuned creature-less Olivia control over the weekend. Its a pretty mean machine, especially if you can draw necropotence to stay ahead of the game. Its somewhat slow to start but that's on purpose. You start off unsuspecting and quickly make the table your bitch. Here is the decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/olivia-voldaren-crazy-slutty-bitch-edh/

Feel free to comment and criticize, as well as suggest cards.
>>
File: 1362559830471.png (70 KB, 265x234) Image search: [Google]
1362559830471.png
70 KB, 265x234
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ride-the-sky-and-carry-heavy-sticks/

would you enjoy playing against this deck? should i take out vorinclex and sol ring because they are degenerate?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-of-being/

what about this? and is birthing pod too degenerate for this build?

i wish to know please
>>
>>44055337
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-great-cycle-of-being/
Cut Vorinclex for Grave Pact.
Vorinclex is for cunts.
>>
>>44055337
>Playing Meren
>Worried about being degenerate

Haha this guy. This GUY.
>>
>>44054120

I don't think they'll repeat the experience gimmick. They haven't repeated a gimmick yet.
>>
>>44054061
Ryan is that you
>>
File: lemaymay.png (896 KB, 1284x469) Image search: [Google]
lemaymay.png
896 KB, 1284x469
The decks are in chronological order. Am I becoming a That Guy? I already retired Brago because everybody hated playing against it. Which one of these would you most like to play against?
Also what should I build next?
>Alesha Allies
>Ayli/Teysa Tokens
>Rith the Awakener Tokens
>Xenagos Fatties
>Noyan Dar Lands Tribal
>Meren doing her Meren stuff
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/x-marks-the-spot-3/
Mizzix seems like a blast to play with x spells. This is a silly deck that's mainly trying to win with laboratory maniac, the absolute madman.
>>
>>44055624

Not Really.

What does your playgroup play?

Powerlevels may differ to a point where it's just unfun for others.

Build something with colours/combinations you hate, for example, I hate Izzet; so I built Jhoira and am having the time of my life seeing babby's cry.
>>
Blaze Commando in Ink-Treader?
I mean, if I hit everything with a shock again, the tokens not only replace themselves, they double up.
>>
>>44044937
Do you have a list you could share?
>>
>>44055624
You ask this same question every fucking thread.
>>
>>44054069
I never noticed the merfolk shadows in the water before.
>>
>>44048681
>>44048754
Directly transliterated it's "Mina and Deni", so probably Mina and Danny or Denny.
>>
>>44055624
Could you post your lazav list?
>>
>>44056093
If you look closely, you can see that that last И is actually another H. It's Denn.
>>
>>44056128
Huh, right. I didn't realise.
>>
>>44055624
>>44056119
I share the interest in the Lazav list.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.