[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moralfagging that you have enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: overlord_by_chevsy-d500cl5.jpg (624 KB, 1080x758) Image search: [Google]
overlord_by_chevsy-d500cl5.jpg
624 KB, 1080x758
So you and your team finally did it. You manage to storm the lair of the douchebag tyrant that is pretty much responsible for everything bad that happened to you both directly and indirectly. His henchmen are the only people around that are standing in your way, but there is something strange about them. You can sense that they are fighting in way you cannot identify, yet you cut them down as they are coming towards you en masses with all the most terrifying weapons they can find.

After slaughtering them all, you finally get to the tyrant. After an extensive battle, he falls on his knees and you ready to finally cut off the bastard's head. Yet the tyrant wants you to suffer more and tells you the henchmen you slaughtered were forced into his service by his magic, for if they did not, then he would've killed their families which he did either way. Now completely enraged, you lift your sword to behead the devilish fiend when your party simultaneously in perfect unison yell: DON'T!! IF YOU KILL HIM, YOU'LL BE JUST LIKE HIM!!

What is your reaction to this?
>>
>>44037028
I change the party.
>>
>>44037028
I say the following:

No. I already crossed a line when I had to murder his henchmen that only wanted protect their families you overgrown manchildren!

This is the reason I bloody hate hypocritical moralizers that say these kinds of things.

Whereas the henchmen's fault was that they had no real alternative but to work for the scumbag due to him threatening that he'll murder their families and had to do all the damning things because this, he is too dangerous to be left alive.

So if you could excuse me...

[SLASH!] (BBEG's head rolls on the ground)

And coming back to the thing you said just a moment. Indeed I did change. I became much worse than him. The moment I had no other option but to raise my sword on those henchmen I became much worse than him.

Hope you are satisfied filthy hypocrites.
>>
>>44037028
They knew the risks when they chose to side with this tyrant. I gave them ample opportunity to flee or throw down their arms, but they did not, despite being clearly outmatched.
>To the tyrant
You are beaten, yield or face the god's judgement.
>Either arrest and take him to be tried fairly, or lop his head off depending on his response
>>
>>44037028
Choppy choppy
>>
>>44037028
Bring him to authorities. Laugh with the people when they hang him.
>>
>>44037028
Kill him and calmly explain that no, I won't be. I just executed a complete and utter asshole. And last time I checked, there's a definite difference between doing that and magically forcing people to act as cannon fodder and killing their families.
>>
>>44037297
He probably has the authorities in his pocket, that's usually how this sort of thing goes. I suppose the villagers could just elect new ones, though.
>>
>>44037028
We've killed hundreds of people to get this far. What the fuck does one more asshole matter?

That's the question I've always asked myself in situations as retarded as this.
>>
File: fills_the_screen.jpg (34 KB, 418x235) Image search: [Google]
fills_the_screen.jpg
34 KB, 418x235
>>44037028
I not only kill him, I kill him by doing an EXCESSIVE SUPER.
>>
>>44037028
Wait, he said "Join me, or I'll murder you families", and then murdered them even if the men joined him as henchmen? They didn't immediately revolt and shank this motherfucker because...? I don't care how powerful he may be, a good portion of his men would turn on him because they're pissed and don't have much else to lose.
>>
File: 1362946960085.gif (2 MB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
1362946960085.gif
2 MB, 167x200
Fuck the Batman approach, this piece of shit is dying tonight. There's no hope of converting him, so what the fuck is the point of keeping him around? Quite frankly, locking him up for decades is much more cruel than just outright killing him, at least he won't have to suffer through the isolation
>>
>>44037028
Kill the villain, brutally maim the party, steal his fortress, conquer the kingdom, reinstate myself as Emperor; and say to them I was never like him; I actually succeeded.

Lawful Evil best Evil.
>>
>>44037028

"By compelling those poor bastards to serve, you used me as an instrument of murder. Not that adding anything to the indictment makes a difference at this point. If there was a court with jurisdiction to try you, I'd be dragging you before it, but there isn't. I am your tribunal, and find you guilty. Your sentence? Sic semper tyrannis, and my only mercy is the clean death I grant you."
>>
>>44037393
Seems they didn't know that part.
>>
>>44037406

... and that night, sleep like a fuckin' baby.
>>
>>44037028
My reaction is to say

"No I won't"

Then decapitate the tyrant.

That has got to be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said in the history of anything ever. There is no justification or reason for it.

The mission: Kill this dude.
What I'm about to do: kill this dude.

What we expected to have had to do to get here: Fight a bunch of his supporters
What we did: Fought a bunch of his supporters

This is not a murder. This is an execution.
>>
File: 1449485307857.jpg (48 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1449485307857.jpg
48 KB, 960x540
>>44037028
Reminder that even if you are good, killing the BBEG who is unarmed is still justifiable (and makes you feel good).
If the party does a 180 on you, pray and hope you are the paladin and club his head in brutally
> Pic related as you kill the BBEG
>>
I mind control the party into killing him then kill their families, thereby completing the prophecy.
>>
>>44037028
This is the worst type of moralfagging. No, I won't become worse than him, I don't feel the need to destroy the world where I fucking live in because I had a shit childhood
>>
>>44037779
Yeah okay I'm actually sort of fine with that.

Tweak it to, control them into killing the BBEG on the penalty that you'll kill their families if they refuse. Then it's more accurate.
>>
Behead the tyrant, explain why bringing a person to justice for their crimes doesn't make one equally guilty, and wonder how their pseudo-medieval societies function if no one can be executed for heinous crimes.

Provided a functioning justice system exists that can process the tyrant, then sure I'll spare him. But the result of that would likely be a tyrant at the end of a rope, after having been tortured and thoroughly humiliated. So again, a swift decapitation seems like the rational (perhaps even humane) method of dealing with him. Also, sparing the guy with magic people-controlling powers is stupid.
>>
>>44037028
>I split the party.
Motherfuckers gonna learn the meaning of cleave.
>>
>>44037028
"I won't be like him. See? Now he's dead and I'm not."
>>
>>44037028
CLEAVE.
And fuck the stupid party.
>>
File: 1449216567645.jpg (540 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449216567645.jpg
540 KB, 900x1200
>>44037028
Huh.

I guess you're right.
>>
File: It's coming.png (164 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
It's coming.png
164 KB, 500x501
>>44037028
Spare him.

Then get him through trial and once he is deemed a demented psycho and a threat as long as he lives, get front row seats on his execution.
For extra fun, try pulling some srings and get one of the moralfags appointed royal executioner the day before.
>>
>>44037028
"So? You all knew that when you joined up with me."
Then I lop his head off and collect his soul into a prepared soul gem that I will insert into the pommel of my sword as a material component to enchant it later.

Honestly, if the party had a problem with it, then they just shouldn't have followed me when I explained that the easiest way to take over a kingdom was to get the people to love you and overthrow a tyrant.
>>
>>44037028
I enter full-edge mode and say:
One more corpse in the mountain we've made barely makes it larger
>>
>>44037028
I wouldn't be in such a dumb group or game to begin with. I got fed up with shit like that during my early teenage years.
>>
>>44037028
I use that one overpowered suicide attack in my arsenal to kill all of us.
>>
>>44037028
No, you naive idiots, there's a difference between enslaving people and sending them to their deaths for laughs and stopping said shit from happening again
>>
I run him through with my sword, so the world can know peace.

JIBUN WO
>>
>>44037028

I'd just cleave his head off, pick it up and throw it to the nearest member and say, "If you care enough, there's his head. Feel free to resurrect him if you really want to," and start heading out.

If they really wanna moralfag at this point, it's time to find work elsewhere and without naive idiots.
>>
>>44037028
"I never said that I was good, did I? This monster is why we are here; He is the reason for all our grief and wounds. He gave up his right to matter long time ago, and now he will die."
>>
>>44037028
"No. He'll be dead."
>>
>>44037951
>nation has a death penalty

I thought we were the good guys? Next time tell us in advance if we're playing evil campaign, jackass.
>>
>>44037028
I don't consider there to be anything wrong with harming and killing people who choose, for personal gain, to harm and kill innocent people.

Otherwise you're taking a weakly c uckolded course of action and allowing the victims to go without justice and revenge
>>
>>44037028
That implies that I have ever bothered about your conjectures about good and evil.
That was never even a consideration in my agenda. I only joined your cause because we had a common foe, and now that he has been dispatched,our allegiance ends.

Do what you will with the citizenry. Give them proper burials in a mass grave, fornicate with them, it hardly matters to me.
What does matter, however, is the vacancy he has so graciously left behind. Should no one else have any other objections, I think that the time has come for a...changing of the guard.

Vae Victis.
Woe unto the vanquished.

Gloriam Victor.
Glory unto the victorious.
>>
Tell the party to explain their logic as I hold him at swordpoint. Maybe there's some magic involved.
As soon as they confirm this is on moral grounds, kill him and ask them to clarify later.
>>
>>44037028
What fucking dogshit.

We did not KNOWINGLY kill the innocents he sent at us. We killed them because all we knew was that we were in the lair of someone evil that weve been hunting for months and they were charging us with weapons. Any sane person would fight back and finding out later that they were magically dominated doesnt change the circumstance in which we killed them, or suddenly make us the same as someone who knew he was sending innocents to slaughter.

For that matter, killing a man who has committed such atrocities does not make me the same as him. It actually makes me about as separate from him as I can be. I am not killing him out of some sort of sadism or because I just want to, as he clearly did with those mens families. I am killing him because of situations like the one we just faced, and by killing him I can stop more of them from happening.

What kind of fucking morons are you that you think killing this man, even if I am angry in this moment, would cause me to be like him? We will all be changed from this event but, if anything, the guilt of knowing that we killed innocent people will push us to either do good to redeem ourselves or cause us to go into a depression cycle ending in alcoholism or suicide.

Remember that for the next time we do this.
>>
>>44037028
Suicide attack, taking him, and my entire party down with me. We will be remembered as heroes and martyrs.
>>
File: u cant see it m8.jpg (32 KB, 639x354) Image search: [Google]
u cant see it m8.jpg
32 KB, 639x354
>>44039417
>>
File: 3114466-superman22.png (2 MB, 1460x1034) Image search: [Google]
3114466-superman22.png
2 MB, 1460x1034
>>44037028
He forced his henchmen to die. He threatened thier family, then broke his vows and killed them. Thier blood is on his hands, and since there is currently not a legitimate court to try this tyrant, I must do so to avenge the death of the henchmen, thier families, and all the innocents that have suffered at his hands

I do not this task with joy, but rather a heavy sorrow in my heart, but I know that it is necessary that this demon should perish for the good of all. While there is merit to what my comrades say, they are somewhat misguided. This man has had evey chance to turn away from his path, but rather than try to control himself he has chosen to only push further into evil. As such I must now make it sonhe does not go even further and harm others. And once he has been slain, and a just court be but in his place, then I will hopefully be able to retire my mantle as judge, hurt, and executioner, and allow more peaceful justice to reign, rather than continue to sully my hands further.

Pic related, even a moralfag sometimes must make a solution be a final one.
>>
File: 1409528735894.png (42 KB, 328x334) Image search: [Google]
1409528735894.png
42 KB, 328x334
>"You are right!"
>"Hey you idiot in the back, here a sword kill him instead of me"
>"Fwew that was close thanks guys"
>>
File: 1408746184898.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1408746184898.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>44039417
>>
>>44040246
One of the times when supes behaved awesomely.
>>
>>44037028
Give the son of a bitch, the tyrant that is, a weapon. He will duel for his life. Only then can honour and justice be satisfied.
>>
>>44037028
Wait, why am I killing people? This is why I built a martial artist who can disarm and disable and stuff.
>>
>>44037028
>DON'T!! IF YOU KILL HIM, YOU'LL BE JUST LIKE HIM!!
"... You're kidding right? did you guys hit your collective heads on the way up here?"

or conversely:

"YOU GOT A BETTER IDEA?! NO? THEN SHUT UP!"
>>
>>44037028
I AM the moral center of the party.
If I decide to kill him, no one will question me.
Further, the moral dissonance in someone claiming that my right to judge somehow makes me like a murderous psychopath is laughable in itself.
Then I kill the fucker and burn the corpse.
>>
>>44037028
"Nope, i will be alive."
>>
>>44037028
"my goodness, what come over me. as a servant of abadar I hereby formally sentence you to death as threat to all kingdoms. per the treaty of seven kings, section five, subsection six. May whatever power that claims your soul guard it well."

[SLASH] (thump)

"thank you my friends, in the heat of the moment I almost killed him in an unlawful way!"
>>
>Roll to execute.
>>
>>44037028
My bard would probably say:
"I'll be just like him? I can't be a dead man. I'm good, but not that good." He'd proceed to kill him.

My fighter would probably kill him outright, and tell them with how illogical they're being.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.