[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, a mate and I want to host an online D&D campaign, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Hk2qQpV.jpg (551 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Hk2qQpV.jpg
551 KB, 2560x1600
So, a mate and I want to host an online D&D campaign, what online resources/websites do you recommend?
>>
Look for ERP: electronic roleplaying.
>>
>>44015488
hilarious!! XDDDDDDD
>>
Map tool (Java) or roll20.net. Those are OK. Others are garbage.
>>
>>44015478
meatspin.com
>>
>>44015478
if you already have a group and don't mind not being allowed to swear mythweavers is pretty good

but holy shit the drop rate on people you recruited through it is insane the problem is that most of the players are people that play online because think they lack the time to play in person rather then geographic isolation so they never fucking post for days on end at times.

also that administration is retarded about swearing

I don't know how good roll20 is cant spare the bandwith really.

fantasy grounds seems good although I never could get it to work but that's my shitty modems shitty firewalls fault.

the main descision to make is do you want a chat room style or a forum.
>>
>>44017044
hah you cant catch me anon I checked if it was a shocksite in advance

also fuck off you fagot.
>>
>>44017044
>meatspin
That takes me back
>>
>>44017044
what the fuck underwear has he been wearing to get those tan lines
>>
File: 1429954636662.jpg (83 KB, 1279x722) Image search: [Google]
1429954636662.jpg
83 KB, 1279x722
>>44015488
>>44015501
>>44017044
>>44017586
>>44017601
>>44017622

Oh I thought I clicked on /tg/ not /b/ my mistake
>>
>>44017678
I haven't checked on /b/ in a while I wonder how things are looking over there right now

I wonder what they think of the new moot.
>>
>>44015478
I use Roll20 and Skype, and it works beautifully for literally all of my needs.
>>
Rules

Go with Pathfinder and use the d20pfsrd website. Has literally all of the rules for PF and many of the third party stuff for it and is kept up to date with the newest rules and errata. 3.5 has the tiny OGL compliant d20srd. 4e has nothing. 5e im not certain about but I don't think it has any actual websites dedicated to it since its got only a few books for it. If you have all the rules you need offline, then disregard this.

Hosting

Roll20, Maptools, Mote

Roll20 has years of good support and plenty of features.

Maptools is an old goody but is no longer supported and is showing its age.

Mote is rather new and is basically an upgraded map tools with a better interface, and all the features of roll20 but free and open source. They are currently working on a better version, called Sift, that is not based on Maptools and will have far more features than Mote. http://idle-ideas.weebly.com/ for the Mote software.

Talking

Skype, Discord, Ventrilo, Mumble, Curse Voice

Skype is the standard allowing voice and video.

Vent/teamSpeak is an old classic

Mumble is decent when its working

Curse Voice is alright

Discord is new and is also rather cool. Has every feature from all of the above in one package, except video. Its free and will always be free. You can make as many servers or channels as you want. It also works across multiple platforms simultaneously, meaning you can join from a browser, the standalone software, a smartphone, and an iPad or other tablet at the same time.

Its also massively better in the CPU department and clarity of voice than all the others.

There are some good features that are also coming but not integrated yet.
>>
>>44018222
If you want to stick with D&D 3.5, as in really do, you can find the core rules on d20srd.org and more stuff on feats via dndtools.pw.

I second roll20 as it's pretty good. Maptools is clunky and needs to be set up over hamachi to work without having to screw around stuff.

I would advise other game systems other than D&D but that's up to you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.