[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it called a Homebrew Thread? I need resources. :3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 19641-Post Apo Map Preview.jpg (768 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
19641-Post Apo Map Preview.jpg
768 KB, 800x1200
I've just now started working on a new game, but I am in serious need of urban city maps, or any modern kind of map, and the site really doesn't have much on its own. I was just wondering if any of you guys had some good sources for that kind of thing. The main problem I'm having is finding them in a high enough quality that stretching them doesn't kill it. I just paid $5.99 for a damn map. That's ridiculous. There has to be another way. Help me, /tg/? (Not sure if this would be considered a request or not. New to the site. Sent here by a friend. Pic holds some relevance and is by Alexander Menet.)
>>
File: back0026.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
back0026.png
1 MB, 1024x768
You're kind of sol, OP. Short of a kindly soul sharing a hidden cache of treasure with you, it's a massive paint to find ANY maps, let alone modern ones.
You might be able to cobble together some from here.
http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/

They have some modern tiles and stuff.
Anyway, good luck
>>
File: b0d496d9b9[1].png (554 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
b0d496d9b9[1].png
554 KB, 1920x1080
>>44013797
If you use roll20 you could just abstract buildings as squares and designate doors, and just describe whats inside or draw large furniture. It's infinitely more useful and easy than searching through the web for maps that aren't shitty DnD fantasy encounters or dumb looking sci-fi ships.

In other news, I am working on a Fallout Traveller homebrew that is nearly quarter way done. Looking for any suggestions for possible features or careers or even people who might want to help on the project in some manner.
>>
D20m Critical Locations.
Shitty, but works.
>>
Thanks for the help. Like I said, I've found a few, but for the map scale that I want, and the level of zoom that will be required, I'm gonna be needing some serious Hi-Def. I'll check pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/

I do use roll20, that's where I paid for the map in the pic. It's nice, but I obviously need A LOT more. It would be lame to have my players constantly revisit the same area over and over again.
>>
>>44015706
Have you considered tiles?
>>
I don't know how that works. Is it like putting a puzzle together? Cause I might be able to do that. Then the only challenge would be finding tiles. But I think R20 has some free ones.
>>
>>44013797

You talking scale like the OP one? With interiors and shit, or just huge street layouts?
>>
I can't figure out how to reply like you guys are doing because I'm new and suck balls, but my plan was to do Huge Street layouts, and then when the players enter a building, it would be all text. However, interiors are a huge plus. Basically what I'm saying is either work. I need a large quantity of quality maps.
>>
>>44015831
maps.google.com
>>
>>44015831
>I can't figure out how to reply like you guys
Click the post number, pops up a little reply-window with the red numbers already in it.

Other than google maps (earthPro which is free now, is better for resolution) i guess there's Introversions City Generator tech demo.
>>
>>44015877
You have a link for that? I can't use Google Maps... I just... can't. I know I can't really afford to be picky, but that's just one of those things I stay away from. I also wouldn't know how to get a Hi-Res picture to import to Roll20.

Introversions City Generator tech demo sounds snazzy.
>>
>>44015930
Dude, if GMaps is too much, don't even go near the city gen not even beta. Just use image search.
>>
>>44015968
What do you mean? City Gen is low quality or what's the problem with it?
>>
>>44015988
It doesn't deliver a dimensioned top down jpg you can tile into roll20.
>>
>>44016006

Nope. But you can print screen it though.

Also, google earth pro is better than maps. And exports high-rez images.

Looking for a place to put the .zip file either way, give me a minute.
>>
>>44016046
If you can screengrab you can use GMaps. OP cannot.
>>
>>44016058

Sounded more like an unreasonable aversion than sheer incompetence to me.

Either way
"dot"
filedropper
"dot"
com
"slash"
cities

So you all know, i have no idea if you can trust this hosting. I put the file there but it was the first thing that showed up when i googled file upload. Just reassemble the address.
>>
>>44016092
Seems safe. How do I use this thing. XD
>>
>>44016177
>XD

Start by ditching the emotes.

Then just extract and run it. Play around with the settings. Type in a seed number so you can re-generate the same city in the future using that number, if you end up liking it.

When its done, just fly around and print screen shit. Hold shift to go fast.
>>
>>44016204
Sorry, force of habit. Thanks for the help, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for.
>>
>>44015742
I think I'd like to try Tiles. You have any good source for those?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.