[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Cool 40K fluff stuff we will never see rules for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 24182_sm-StalkTankFinalPaint1.jpg (27 KB, 600x629) Image search: [Google]
24182_sm-StalkTankFinalPaint1.jpg
27 KB, 600x629
-Stalk Tanks
-Dual turret Super Hydra
-Elite Guard Officer squads with power Armor+heavy weapons
-Fast open topped Quad heavy bolter AdMech assault Rhino
-CC jump pack Sentinels
-Necromunda Spyre Hunter suit Command Squad
-Tallarin Dog Soldiers
-Official chapter approved rules for Loxal
>>
>>44013730
>-Tallarin Dog Soldiers

Really all of the Tau auxiliaries could fall under this. There's a lot of untapped potential there.
>>
File: lootedWagon.jpg (340 KB, 1301x822) Image search: [Google]
lootedWagon.jpg
340 KB, 1301x822
>>44013730
Build your own daemon engine just like the looted wagon stuff
>>
>>44013730
Using the Forgefiend or Maulerfiend rules for a Stalk tank might work. It still won't be very good, but it's a decent fit.
>>
>>44013772
There really should be an auxillia book for secondary forces.

Tau auxiliaries including Guela troops and all their weird allies. The mind worms could provide something like an assassin while they could get some kind of basic defense oriented psyker.

Mercenaries like Tallarin and Loxal.

Units like arbitrators, naval infantry, lesser known abhuman squads, a distinctive PDF option.

Cargo 8/cargo 4 options for guard/PDF/Guela units. Sometimes i don't want a Chimera, sometimes i want a AV10 open topped truck that costs 15 points in the case of a cargo 8 or i want my command squad in a AV10 hummer that costs 10 points with a heavy stubber.

Fuck you orks, maybe my PDF wants a fast attack option that lets my buy 3-15 20 point AV10 twin stubber armed toyotas. Welcome to Tallarin greenskins, the local PDF call themselves "The Taliban"

Additional canon thing you will never see rules for:

-Crisis suit wearing Inquisitor bonded with a Tau mind worm.
>>
>>44013772
Tau would be 83% less gay if they were a small cadre of elite soldiers and battlesuits with a large multicultural(racial?) force of auxiliaries.
>>
>>44013730
Actual updated rules for actually looting other factions vehicles for orks.
Actual updated rules for Lootas using other army's weapons.
Squigs, squig riders, boar boyz, and updates to all of the cool Apoc superheavies that didn't have official models.
>>
File: arvus.jpg (89 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
arvus.jpg
89 KB, 800x680
>>44014277
>Guela troops

These have rules.

>Cargo 8/cargo 4

Pic related, Arvus Lighters for the Guard, also has rules.

Tyrant's Legion IG portion of the list is basically PDF.
>>
>>44014145
>>44014179
Stalk tanks are kinda wimpy and armed with "pulse lasers" which are distinctly different than multilasers as Stalk tanks armed with multi lasers are noted as being greater threats. They do put out alot of anti infantry firepower though.

The only weapons they have been mentioned as having are Pulse lasers, multilasers, linked stubbers or missile launchers besides specialized variants which are used to transport psykers.

So a Stalk tank would be a armored Sentinel armed with 'pulse lasers" as default. The upgrade options would be:

Multi laser:+5
Quad stubber: +10, Quad stubber would be a heavy stubber with 6 shots
Missile launcher: +20

Pulse lasers would be 6 twin linked lasguns that operate like a Hurricane bolter. So at 13-24 inches it hurts and suppresses, at 1-12 inches it's rapid firing 12 twin linked shots at you. Given how they are described in the fluff it is probably fair to give the weapon pinning if it rapid fires. They suppress troops but only at close (i.e charging) range.
>>
>>44014318
None of those have current edition chapter approved rules.

The Tyrant's Legion is an exactly perfect example of the problem. A highly specific campaign oriented supplement that relies on Space Marines to keep it together and is rather chaos oriented. While you could make a workable PDF list from it the list is NOT a PDF list; it is a "PDF enslaved by marines and chaos" list.

The Arvus Lighter is pretty cool. Too bad you can't use it.
>>
>>44013730
Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch Daemonkin.
>>
>>44015168
>Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch Daemonkin.

You will get those as soon as GW fulfills it's promise not to Squat another faction and gives us Arbitrator and Genestealer cult lists like they promised.
>>
File: 1350188010109.jpg (197 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1350188010109.jpg
197 KB, 600x600
I'd really like to see Ork Looted Tech get expanded rather than some generic catch all looted wagon/deffguns

>Looted Tau Tech has great range accuracy but are too massive to move very far
>Looted Eldar Tech are effective against Heavy Infantry and vehicles but overheat way too fast
>Looted Necron Tech is great at hitting fast and hard but is too complex for even Orks to comprehend and could do something unexpected each time it's used.
>>
>>44014294
this
>>
>>44013730
You probably wont see official ones, but the core idea of the warhammer hobby was for players to come up with their own ideas and creations and to field them in scenarios and battles.
>>
File: despair.png (131 KB, 548x721) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
131 KB, 548x721
>>44013730
>tfw dozens of ideas for cool units
>tfw too lazy to convert them
>tfw too much apathy to draw them beyond basic lines
>tfw too much procrastinating to even write more complex descriptions

>tfw part of the mind runs wildly while the one supposed to link idea to its execution is for all intents and purposes braindead

This shit is so frustrating
>>
>>44014606
>The Arvus Lighter is pretty cool. Too bad you can't use it.

What the fuck have you been smoking? Rules for it, playable rules, exist.
>>
>>44014145
oh my goodness that would be hot!
>>
Anyone got the link to the new Advent Calendar video?
>>
File: st-peters-christmas.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
st-peters-christmas.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1600
>>44013730

Codex: Ecclesiarchy

Crusaders, Frateris Militia, Sisters, Cardinals, Wars of Faith...I mean, the Ecclesiarchy has one of the most based 40k quotes:

>No army is big enough to conquer the galaxy. But faith can overturn the universe.

- Ecclesiarch Deacis IX
>>
File: 20120105.jpg (221 KB, 700x998) Image search: [Google]
20120105.jpg
221 KB, 700x998
>>44018935
2nd edition Sisters codex had all that.
>>
>>44018978
>2nd edition
>>
>>44014606
>chapter approved

what the fuck is this 2004?

oh wait

>WAAAAH FORGE WORLD ISNT 40k!

ok
>>
>caring about official 40k rules

>1 month from 2016

remember back when 40k was actually about making up whatever shit you wanted to do

and then 3rd edition GAMEY GAME GAMES faggotry ruined it all
>>
Hrud.
>>
>>44017016
Fuck you, buy more marines
>>
>>44018978

I know, and it doesn't anymore, because GW hates women and minorities. Besides, I only got in in 3rd edition. We can't all be Longbeards.
>>
>>44014606

> Tyrant's Legion
> Chaos-oriented

They're the Astral Claws before Huron got a melta facial.

Sure, they're not exactly nice or legal according to Imperial law, but it's not like they can summon daemons or anything.
>>
>>44015638
So never.
>>
File: 1443413442406.jpg (122 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1443413442406.jpg
122 KB, 540x405
I would like to see some siege and trenchwork related abilities for IG like
Digging in / Shovels ready
spend 1 turn digging in to create +1 cover until this unit moves again. These unit now count as difficult terrain

over the top
IG get bonus to charge/assault when leaving cover

Sappers / boobytrap
any IG with a demolition charge can choose to lay the charge as a mine the next unit friend or foe to cross the mine rolls a d6 on a 2 or up it explodes. Catachan can do this for free while in woodlands(bamboo traps)

etc.

I would prefer these abilities to be regiment specific and based on homeworld and regiment composition. So that cadians, keigers, catachans, elysans and etc. all not only have different troops visually but also have different orders and detachments. And perhaps some way of creating your own regiment type that uses a name generation system in such a way that the name will have to give your opponent some idea of what you have. example death core or intenchers implies you have kreiger style abilities.
>>
>>44019716
Death korps of krieg can do the trench digging with a simple order and the mine thing can be done with cyclop explosive or whatver they are called.
>>
>>44019794
well that is a good start I guess...
but what about everyone else?
>>
File: rak'gol.jpg (215 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
rak'gol.jpg
215 KB, 900x643
Rak'gol deserve fleshing out and a codex.

I can imagine their vehicles and units being real mechanical body horror.
>>
>>44020279
Well, i don't work in GW, but my guess is the asnwer will be ''eat shit''
>>
>>44020327
answer*
>>
>>44013730

Namely a lot of the xenos that in the fluff but aren't present, like the Xenarch Empire
>>
Codex: Rogue Trader Fleet

I'd love to have a pompous moustache-twiddling capitalist leading an eclectic mix of AWOL guardsmen, mercenaries, gangers, eldar outcasts, ork freebooters, admech explorator colleagues and all other the other freaks of the galaxy.
>>
>more customization options for unused/homebrewed IG and SM
not even b8
>>
>>44013730
Any really huge mobile land base/hive/battleship in the storyline.

Of course that stuff would be better suited for epic or something, which would shift the focus from SPESS MURRINES.

Although with the recent knights craze, it could be interesting to see another game where the "knights" are the small infantry and their version of titans are literally walking hive cities or mobile continents or something.
>>
Back in 5th ed the local GW red shirt ran a narrative driven kill team campaign over a summer, towards the end my IG !Rat Patrol got their shit pushed in by a home brewed stalk tank. If memory serves he stated the pulse lasers as something like R36 S4 or 5 AP4 Heavy 4 pinning. The damn thing had two of them, they could fire at two different targets but -1BS if it split fire.

That campaign was awesome.
>>
>>44013730
Real sisters of battle rules.
>>
>>44014145
Honestly, I can see Forge World releasing new Looted Tank rules.
>>
>>44022398
If they do, it'll be for very specific looted vehicles, like Leman Russ', Predator's and Baneblades
>>
>>44019126
This.

Don't crucify me for this but imho AoS is a step in the right direction for GW. It only lacks customization. If they added that it'd be great.
>>
>>44022050
>!Rat Patrol
Mah nig

There's no shame in getting your shit kicked by a homebrew model anyway, since they're universally overpowered. Two Pinning Heavy Bolters with an extra shot is pretty retarded for Kill Team.
>>
File: Quest for more money.jpg (62 KB, 470x400) Image search: [Google]
Quest for more money.jpg
62 KB, 470x400
>>44023621
>Liking "we want the 14 year old audience"
>>
>>44023621
WE WANT BARABBUS, FAGGOT

Honestly, though, I don't get this. You have this world rich with lore and history, with plenty of space for battles to take place in the setting's past, and you want to push it forward into the timeframe where nothing can possibly end well?

Why?
>>
>>44023693
I really wonder why GW doesn't go back and make Campaign supplements for big battles that have already occurred. There's several thousand years of war to draw upon, so making things happen without advancing the plot should be easy.
>>
>>44020291
We already kinda sorta have that with Haemonculus covens though.
>>
>>44023743
Because that would take money away from making the next big super gargantuan space-marine-in-a-space-marine-in-a-space-marine creature.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.