[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mapmaking Program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: encounter_maps_keep_clean.jpg (4 MB, 4500x3000) Image search: [Google]
encounter_maps_keep_clean.jpg
4 MB, 4500x3000
I'm making an easy-to-use mapmaking program. It will be printer friendly and use your own assets and help to manage those assets. I'd like to know if you have any feature requests.

Here's my Trello board if interested in currently-planned features: https://trello.com/b/zCm18QUc
>>
Is it in a useable state yet?
Can I download a demo yet?
>>
>>44007711
Full hex support?
>>
>>44007859
It's definitely useable, but I haven't added the printing support in yet and my Layers aren't quite done. Still able to put a map together though, and save it. So later when printing is in you could load up the saved map.

I haven't uploaded it anywhere yet though.
>>
Automatically generated Shadows? Areas of light/darkness overlay?
>>
I'm assuming it's possible to turn the grid off as to not conflict with game programs that automatically set a grid.
When can we expect a useable version?
Do you accept donations?
>>
>>44007711
Hex support plox.
Procedural forests and other such "natural" assets if you feel like indulging in autism.
>>
>>44007899
>>44007999
Definitely doing full hex support.
Also procedural/generated forests, trees, bushes, etc. are also going to be in.

>>44007988
Yes, the grid being displayed is a toggle.
Technically it's useable now, but I'll have it uploaded somewhere by this week probably. Can make a thread when I do upload it.
I'll include a donation option in some menu somewhere.

>>44007928
Generating shadows would be cool. I'll definitely look into it and add it to the featurelist, though it won't be a priority until I get all of the basic features in.
What do you mean by "Areas of light/darkness overlay"?
>>
>>44008079
>Definitely doing full hex support.
>Procedural
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoW9czgQBqE
>>
>>44008079
Just basically an on/off switch so you can turn off the shadows and light from torches/braziers.

It's definitely a whole 'nother level of complexity to add on top of a map program, but it definitely would be a neat feature, especially for parties with stealthy characters.
>>
>>44008079
If you want to become even more autistic, procedural guard routes with custom settings such as speed and waypoints, designed to maximize area covered, speed of patrol, or whatever based on the settings.

That's some really messy graph theory stuff though, so I don't expect it to be high on your list.
>>
>>44008189
Oh yeah, when I do lighting/shadows I'll make it toggleable. I'm planning on adding a toggleable setting for just about everything, since that's something I appreciate about other programs I use.
>>
>>44008257
Interesting idea. I'll look into that for later versions.

>>44008122
Thanks, Anon
>>
>>44007711
What resolutions will it support?
>>
>>44009096
Any and all, as long as it's not ridiculously low. The window's resizeable.
>>
>>44009096
I realize you might've meant size of the map, not sceen. If so, it's infinitely sizeable.
>>
http://pyromancers.com/
>>
>>44009517
Yeah. That's what I meant. I know that map tools and dundjinni are set at a certain print resolution, which I can't remember off hand.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.