[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Death: Monster General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1448608830937.jpg (16 KB, 322x456) Image search: [Google]
1448608830937.jpg
16 KB, 322x456
Kingdom Death: Monster Lantern Year 30 - The Forgotten Thread

>What is Kingdom Death: Monster?
Read the description here:
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/kingdom-death-monster-preorder-special

>Tabletop Simulator Mod
http://kdmtts.tumblr.com/post/131199311266/kingdom-death-tts-mod
>Rules question thread on BGG
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1441104/faqs-poots-crew/page/1

>Mobile-friendly Survivor Sheet App
http://ivoilic.com/projects/character%20sheet/index.html

>Google Drive Settlement and Survivor Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16lPgAUgDyv5XaqOU9IdHgKqUA3GW8HzaRbRvkQAve90/edit?usp=sharing

>Latest rulebook scan
https://mega.nz/#!rZF2GISD!Ki5wDn7SWE_1IOxrd7B5HOXItJHFFlGmQ4nhV36Rods

https://mega.nz/#!7QUkQC6J!yO93ZUmm0kRynNh6f00EZd9UVcQkZecWTzJIQx5cTk4

Been about a week and no one's made a new thread, so I went and made a new one.
>>
I don't know much about Kingdom Death.

Is all the cheesecake explained in universe or is it simply a design choice by the developers?

Not that I have a problem with that. Nothing wrong with catering to your target audience.
>>
>>43990155
>Is all the cheesecake explained in universe or is it simply a design choice by the developers?
Remember the part in Bible about God crafting Adam to his image? Pretty much that except this god is less of a prude.
>>
>>43990155
Most of the cheesecake doesn't actually exist in universe and the stuff is alternate interpretations of the actual content for advertising.

Though there are a few things that're fact including I believe the OP image. It's usually handwaved as a lack of resources in the setting and no need to dress for heat that leads people to wearing less. Ultimately though, the game probably wouldn't be any different if people did wear shirts and pants properly so it comes down to a design choice.
>>
>>43989987

Anyone got any tips for a fight against a Kingsman? We've been running playtests to try and figure out something, but the best we've got is that we're royally fucked.

Also: Does anyone know offhand is there are rules limiting the number of survivors you can send on a hunt/showdown? I know 5-6 is the upper limit, but is there anything stopping you from sending 1-2?
>>
>>43991588

Kings Step. Get Kings Step for days. You only need to hit him once to get rid of battle pressure.

How strong are your characters? At Toughness 12, The Kingsman is often one of the strongest opponents players face early game. Especially since he can get up to Toughness 22 on a bad turn.

If you can - keep him at a distance after you've got Kings Step. Bone Darts are good for this. Attack and retreat. Make sure he can't attack multiple players a turn .
>>
>>43992201
I keep seeing this picture around, what is it?
>>
>>43991588
Bring a dagger, have said dagger user hit him from behind. Bring a disposable newbie to do the finishing blow.
>>
>>43993823
Copypasta, ignore it.
>>
>>43993823
just ignore it. It will disappear soon
>>
The game giveth and the game taketh.
Kinda tired of Bone Witch and Skull Eater/Murder. They just bring game down to a grinding halt most of the time.
>>
>>43995922
>plague before ammonia innovation
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
>>43991588
shields help, completely nullifies the trap.

leather armor helps, you can hit the blind spot and then step out of it to avoid punishing AI cards.

it's important to not fight him at the first event since you'll probably not be ready and need a few extra years to come close.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 473x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 473x632
Expansion preorders when?
>>
Is there any real worth to fight the nemisis creatures. They are alot harder then the other hunt creatures (highly probable to kill your key survivors) and dont really give you anything nor do any substantial damage if you loose. My group has just been sacrificing a group of survivors everytime they show up (which as we have canabilism is somewhat profitable). The hand is somewhat survivable as you just need to dodge his attacks.
>>
>>43997766
[spoilers]Not on black Friday.[/spoilers]
>>
>>43998092
>canabilism
Do you roast people in weed?
>>
>>43999290
Well we do have a heap of dried Acanthus not being used (i had to look that up, I cant spell for shit)
>>
Is there something we're missing with bows? They just seem entirely lackluster compared to other weapons.

Hard to hit with, medium speed, and needing to sacrifice move to act with it are all giving our bow user a hell of a time.
>>
>That feel when your group keeps getting plague event so we decide to trash the card.
>>
>>43999436
Same reason why we use them in real life, if the enemy is not able to hit you and you are able to hit them then you win. Just have to make sure that you have a frount linner who can take the slack
>>
>>43999568
We already have three front liners, so to speak. The bow user tends to never be in range due to a bad reaction moving the monster away from them, or failing to land a damaging hit when in range.
>>
File: 227.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
>>43999501
GIT GUD
I
T

G
U
D
>>
>>44000055
I'd rather have fun.
>>
>>44000206
This is how I'm starting to feel about certain events. Stuff like Skull Eater --> Murder/Bone Witch you don't really have time to play around and it makes it frustrating.

Same with Plague with no Ammonia.

"Oh cool I guess I lose a bunch of people, might as well start over"
Isn't particularly fun or engaging after the third time it happens in a row.

Not sure if this is how it's suppose to be, but we've house ruled Bone Witch to give the insanity after declaring insane people, as it's just not logical to have every 4th year be a dead year unless you've got a bunch of deaf survivors.
>>
>>44000038
Guy in my group carries darts for those situations.
>>
Goddamnit Poots, stop selling more copies of the game when you can't fulfill the standing orders.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.