[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should a paladin PC have a specific goal in his backstory or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 345443534.jpg (145 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
345443534.jpg
145 KB, 1000x1000
Should a paladin PC have a specific goal in his backstory or a mission instead of just being devoted to helping and doing good?
>>
In a word: yes

In more words: Yes, because it's important to think about what your character wants to do and why he wants to do it because it helps you get into his head. Games where players don't give much thought to what their characters want always suffer some for it.
>>
>>43988084
I've been playing the hero on a specific mission for nearly a year in a myriad of forms and with many characters.

The other day I played an adventurer and it's been more fun than anything I've done in months.
>>
>>43988084
I have a player who after a PC deaths decided to play a paladin. He has this strange idea of a punk paladin who is in doubt about the lawful side of a paladin and tries to be more NG rather than LG. He says that he wants to focus on day to day do-gooding rather than being this driven force of justice. He also doesn't have a solid goal in his quest for justice.

I'm feeling he makes a big mistake but I'm unable to communicate it to him.
>>
>>43988084
The guy on the left is fucked. Flails beat shield everyday.
>>
HammerFall is gr8
>>
>>43988414
Maybe he wants a Paladin of Freedom. Look it up, give it to him if he likes it.
>>
>>43988414
Paladins don't have to be lawful good.
>>
>>43988414
What edition of D&D is this taking place in?
>>
>>43988084
The answer is "No"
HOWEVER if a paladin did, and the Gm made it a primary or secondary goal. I'm pretty sure more fun would be had.
>>
>>43988414
In (almost) all systems and settings, paladins are good before they're lawful.
They're good and lawful at EVERY opportunity; but if they have to choose, they pick good.

Being neutral good purely for the sake of fedora tipping is a clear ponce flag.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.