[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your Magical Items
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 21
File: Magic%20Items.jpg (55 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
Magic%20Items.jpg
55 KB, 512x368
Hey /tg/, I want to hear about the Magical Weapons, Armor, Clothing and other paraphernalia that your party has used. Doesn't matter if they're useless or overpowered, I just want to know about the ones that your characters have owned and found a use for.

Here's one from a campaign I was in a while back.

>The Goblin's Eye- A small ebony ring inset with a single beady black jewel. The band of the ring is inscribed with Fae Script that glow with a pale red light when the ring is activated which grants the bearer the sight of a Goblin. Goblins are a particularly nasty breed of Fae with the ability to see with perfect clarity in total darkness as well as ignore magical illusions.

Our Paladin wore it often as he'd been messed up by magical illusions before.
>>
>>43986014
My GM gave me a wand of spinning once. I could use it only once a day. It was given to me as a joke.
>When you activate the wand (full turn action) you spin in place for three turns. During this time, any non-magical clothing or weapons are removed and folded neatly nearby, and you sparkle for 1d4 minutes.

Through shenanigans, I discovered the following:
>I could activate it when I was about to hit the ground from a stupid height, and survive falls
>I could activate it while grappled to escape a grapple
>I was fireproof during the spin
>Falling objects (even a floating castle that crashed into me once) ricocheted off me
>I could use it while stunned
>>
The Hooligan Ring

-In Ages long past and forgotten the gods were want to contest each other on their personal prowess and the quality of their followers giving them instruments of divine quality for them to go out and complete tasks as a way of showing their worth.

One such god, the Hooligan God, was amused by the affair and sought to wield the hubris of his fellows to bring them low. He approached his greatest priest with the offer to do so and willingly gave his life so that his soul may live on in a ring of the Hooligan God's make and offered it to one of his fellow God's Champions.

The Soul of the ring was gifted with greater magic and the ability to cast powerful illusions to sow confusion and doubt building such schemes as it observed in whomever wore the ring bringing calamity to the other gods that amused the Hooligan to no end.

The ring still exists and moves from person to person sowing more and more discourd for it's own pleasure now being it's only reason for being as the Hooligan God and the other gods have long since passed into obscurity.
>>
>>43986014
We actually just got a neat little artifact called the Plunderer's Plotter.

It's basically a sheet of parchment that automatically begins tracing out a map the interior of any structure the holder is inside. It only traces out the parts that the holder has seen themselves, but the real useful part is how it marks out living beings and notes changes to the structure. If I see a room with four Orcs in it, the Orcs will be marked on the map AND the map will constantly updated their position, even if I'm not looking at the Orcs. I can also drag my finger around the parchment to zoom in and out and look at different parts of the map should the building be very large.

It automatically resets when it's taken outside.
>>
>>43986117
So your GM gave you a Wand of Magical Girl Transformation?
>>
>>43986221
i solemnly swear i am up to no good.
>>
>>43986565
Yeah, we called the GM out on that but it's still damn useful
>>
>>43986379
In the least magical realm way possible, yes.

He is a good GM (I'm playing with him several years and a few campaigns later) who runs serious high fantasy games but knows how to break up the story with laughs.
>>
Anchor Ring

>Put on the ring
>Leather boots feel heavier
>Moving slower
>Hundreds of tiny little anchors growing on shoes
>Cannot remove the ring
>Have someone remove the curse
>Can summon feet anchors on command now
>Stand on peoples faces
>Anchors
>>
A generic Belt of Gender Swap

Except it changes your mentality to either Chad Thundercock or Stacy Hotlips instead of actually swapping your gender. So you're still your initial gender, but now you have gender dysphoria.

We gave it to the female Cavalier and now she acts like a macho jock. Good times.
>>
>>43986014
Through shenanigans I racked up a lot of money in my 3.5 campaign, with enough money to buy the entire party just about any magical item they could want to use in the final dungeon.

Currently wear a +1 soulfire full plate, gauntlet of rust, belt of magnificence +6,a shadow cloak, dragon skin bag of Grendal, Retributive amulet, got a holy enhancement on my mace of terror, got an adamantine scythe with holy and vicious enhancement.
>>
>>43987113
>dragon skin bag of Grendal

The fuck is this?
>>
3.5 Like 5th/6th session with the first DM ive played with, I was able to find a laser gun by convincing a skeleton guard of a particular deity (that I also worshiped) to let me see what is inside the crypt, because any weapons could help us kill the necromancer (it was the god of rightful vengeance)

pretty awesome

I mean it was only 3d4(+2) but honestly, in a fantasy setting playing as a martial character still a fucking noob this is one of the best things that has happened to me
>>
>>43987124
It's a bag of grendal but it's made out of dragon skin
>>
File: 20130719201706.png (292 KB, 477x474) Image search: [Google]
20130719201706.png
292 KB, 477x474
>>43986014
>Magic items
>>
>>43987124
It's kinda like a handy haversack, it can hold up to 1500 pounds and only weighs 8, but instead of sending the items into another plane like a handy haversack or bag of holding, it instead shrinks the items to tiny size. So if you want, you can put in a handy haversack, bag of holding or portable hole inside without them being sucked into a vortex and losing everything. I mainly got it so if the shit hit the fan I can order everyone to hop inside the bag and teleport our asses out of there. And unlike them crawling into a bag of holding, the dragon skin bag of Grendal is still on the material plane so they can breathe and not worry about suffocating.

It's a magical item in one of the Dragon magazines.
>>
>>43987282
Huh, that's actually pretty neat.

Why's it called a Bag of Grendel?
>>
>>43986014
You mean unique ones made for the game or ones with an interesting story or plot behind them?
>>
>>43987316
Either/Or. They just have to be things that you yourselves have actually used.
>>
A character in one of my games basically had a bag of holding sutured onto his soul, allowing him to pick up anything that would fit inside it by touch. He later modified it so that he could mess with stuff inside it as though with his hands(opening bottles, etc), and eject small things from inside it at speed. He also had it modified so that he could take specific things from people, and place things in specific places on their person, using a sleight of hand check, just by touching them, without needing to touch the object or place in question, effectively removing the need for increasing the DC to not be noticed.

He, at one point, used it to eject air into an aquatic creature's gills to partially suffocate it, stunning it for a little while. He also used it to steal an enemy's heart right out of their chest, without leaving a mark on them, then eject alchemist's fire over the surface of it. It was also crucial to beating the big bad, as he had to steal the macguffin from him using it, after the BBEG absorbed it into his body.
>>
>>43987300
I think it is owned by someone named Grendal. kinda like the whole name of a handy haversack is Heward's Handy Haversack.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>coin of demonic gold

you can throw it on the ground and every being which has at least a little bit of greed in their personality has to pass a willpower check (based on intelligence and alignment/prestige class) or follow the coin whereever it has been thrown.

can be looted from a greed demon (pic related)
>>
>>43987113
honestly, that just sounds like an awful campaign.
>>
>>43987393
... Were you playing a Naruto game?
>>
>>43987426
>can be looted from a greed demon

What happens if you steal one when the Demon is still alive?
>>
File: 1400469973109.jpg (43 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1400469973109.jpg
43 KB, 400x388
>>43987434
>Literally knows nothing about the campaign setting or story.
>Thinks it's awful.

What a shallow minded turd.
>>
The Cloak of Faces

This rough leather cloak with a hood can be placed or dragged across an incapacitated or dead humanoids face, removing all distinguishing facial features.
As a standard action, the wearer can raise the hood and replace their face with any face that has been stolen by the cloak.

Requires attunement.
>>
>>43987473
he would still have control over it , since it is a part of his body
>>
>>43987459
Nope. Game was rogue heavy(three and a scout), so thievery became the main centerpiece of the game. Magic items were rare and powerful, and the wizards that could make them fell into one of two categories: they were ecstatic to have figured out how to do it and would do anything to use it; or they were from before the cataclysm, so making magic items was old hat, and they'd much rather slap your shit, magically, than make an item for you.

He ran into one of the former, and kept going back to him to have his weird hammerspace thing modified. Specifically, the thing with the heart was in response to an opponent using an enchantment spell on the character's wife(the scout), mid-combat after turning him into a fish for a little bit(he got better). He wanted to, and I quote, "pull a ka-li-ma on that fucker," so I went over what all it could do, decided on exactly the hoops he'd have to jump through to do it, and let him try. He did it.

As far as the BBEG goes, the macguffin was the elemental heart of a primal water elemental the size of the oceans. The BBEG had caused the oceans to double in volume(see: cataclysm mentioned earlier), so he could summon said water elemental, rip out its heart, and absorb it to become the god of the oceans and be lauded as a hero for solving the cataclysm. Party figured this out, pushed his shit in.
>>
>>43987502
SOUNDS. It sounds awful. I know I don't know anything about the campaign, I don't think the campaign is awful, I've made no such claims.
I only meant that this post only described elements of a campaign that, without any context, seem to fall in the subjective 'bad' category.

Is the nuance clear now?
>>
>>43986014
I remember one post ages back about s character who had a locket. Where the cameo would be was an enchantment of light.
Essentially by opening the locket the character got a free light source. A toggleable, flameless, fuelless, smokeless, disguisable light source.Which for a low level dungeon delver could be a lifesaver.

It's the little things that a career adventurer would prize I like. Magic swords of +3 buttkicking are ten a penny. A quill that draws a map of where you've been when given parchment, ink and time? Hell yeah. Ropes that tie themselves on command, no shit you want that.

Anyone else got any minor noncombat magic items? Light sources, food flavouring, cooking implements?
>>
>>43987434
>>43987502
Well our DM likes to make every enemy we face be at least 2 levels higher than everyone in the party. Any and all spells that rely on HD are pretty much useless so I found a way to get us a lot of money with the use of call faithful servants. We used that to get us some stuff we wanted because we knew the final dungeon was going to be a big fight.

The mid dungeon boss was a huge sized mounted knight with undead lackeys who got very close to TPKing the entire party a few times. We managed to beat him but after the session was over the player we ask to rule lawyer in situations who is partial DM in our roll20 game to help make sure the new players update their stats found out that the boss we just fought had a combined character level of 25 which the DM made by "accident". There are 9 of us in the party and we are level 14.

It was a fun as fuck fight and the next boss is going to be even harder. The fun thing about being in a big group is you can be in massive siege battles and blitzkriegs.
>>
>Mask of the Changeling

A mask that can mimic the facial features of anyone the possessor wants, as long as they can accurately recreate an image of the person in their mind.

The way this was worded when it was given to me I just figured it was a pretty standard magical item that let gave me a bonus to disguise/bluff. The way it actually worked was that if I hadn't seen the persons face I wanted to use close up I pretty much only had a vague sense of what they looked like. This was mostly up to DM discretion and a roll.

Examples of this:
>I would have a better chance of recreating someones face if I sat down and had a conversation with them just a few feet away for several minutes.
>If I only caught a glimpse of them in a crowd, but I was still close by, I could make a believable face at a distance, but probably not trick someone who knows the person I'm disguised as.
>If I saw them from a great distance I stood very little chance of recreating the face accurately enough to fool pretty much anyone.

Used to pretty great effect at times, but was almost never a broken "auto-pass a bluff roll" item. Still needed to dress up and have hair and whatnot like the person I was pretending to be.
>>
On the subject of Magic Items, do you guys include any special materials aside from the standard fare (Mithril, Adamantine, Dragonbone, etc.)?

In my last game there was a metal called "Sanguine Iron." It's literally iron that's been extracted from blood, which isn't as evil as it sounds. They basically just take a little blood from a lot of people, mix it together and extract the iron from it. Since you're getting extremely small amounts of iron from the process it's quite expensive.

However, it is EXTREMELY conducive to Aether. Foci made from Sanguine Iron boost spells tremendously and the steel it can be used to make (called Bloodsteel because the Smith working on it thought Steel Encarmine sounded pretentious as fuck) holds and boosts enchantments.
>>
>>43987802
>A quill that draws a map of where you've been when given parchment, ink and time?

See >>43986221
>>
File: 1438276806780.gif (990 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1438276806780.gif
990 KB, 160x160
>>43987700
Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you open you mouth again.
>>
My players once bought an Amulet of Levitation from a wandering old man. They put it on and it immediately floated off their head and just kept going up until it was out of sight. The old man was gone before they thought to question him.

Not really my own idea, though, I stole it from a thread similar to this one.
>>
>>43987802
A headband that lets you manifest a controllable ball of light that sheds light as a torch. It gives no shits about water, lack of air, or amount of time it's been on.

A tray of clay and a key blank that, when a key is pressed into the tray, recreates the teeth of the key on the head of the blank.
>>
>>43987972
That's comparing a +1 basic magical sword to a +5 Vorpal Blade.

One will make mundane maps over time, the other is a real-time interactive display of the locale and people within.

>>43988028
>one at a time magic key copier
Neat af. Sort of thing a crime ring would prize. Sure magical locks won't be fooled, but everything else..
>>
>>43988060
Yeah, there's a difference but I thought you might like it.
>>
>>43987994
>>43987994
Ok, I'll bite.
You call me out on being shallow minded.
I try to explain myself and say I didn't mean it that way.
You ignore all that and go straight to another crap reaction image and calling me dumb.

This is not how you have a conversation.
>>
>>43988060
Also doesn't work on doors that need more than one key.

A bronze needle on a thin metal wire that, when someone is pricked with the point of it, will pull itself towards that person, as long as they're on the same plane.

A belt made of leather drawn from a strip of skin along the backbone of a great cat, with the tail still intact. When worn, counter-balances the wearer's movements, making balancing, jumping, and climbing easier, and lets them jump and climb like a cat(for 3.x D&D, lets them use Dex instead of Str for those skills, if it's higher).
>>
>Stratus Bracelets
a pair of bracelets worn on each arm. grants flight poor 20ft per round.

We found out it also can be used to expel yourself quickly out of water, decompressing yourself to death.
>>
>Flaming Longsword

it was an intelligent item named favio.
>>
>Magic Vase

Used to grow magic plants over the course of a minute. We climbed the plants to reach higher places, but had to cut down the plant before we could use it again. if we put fruit tree seeds in it we got free fruit.
>>
One time I got what was effectively a henshin belt. I could switch between monk style unarmed attacks, big sword + armour, and bow and arrow. DM and I are massive kamen rider nerds though, so we basically planned it all from the beginning.

Everyone else got cool things too. Ranger got a bow that splits arrows, basically doubling damage, who later got a storm quiver (from one of the stories on here) and our diplomat-skillmonkey got a +x to all skills, the x being 1/3 of our level. Pally got a holy weapon which could turn smites into laser beams, evangelion style. Also bonus smites.

That was a fun campaign.
>>
>>43988383
Did you have to flap your arms to make it work?
>>
>Minigolem
A one foot high homunculus, often clay or treated wood. Capable of taking simple orders and lifting small objects. Cannot be used to harm others directly.
Often used in upper class houses to complete simple repetitive tasks that are wasted even on servants. Cranking spits, distributing delievered coal to coal scuttles, picking up litter and depositing it in bins.. They can't cook or make a bed, but they could be used to transfer bed linen and pots around the estate.

Anyone with aa small silver golemancer's bell can "gain their attention" to issue new commands. Some thieves and assassins carry bells in order to redirect golems for their own use or to simply belay orders they have to raise an alarm in the event of an intruder.
>>
>>43988455
Please tell me there was an "incantation" with somatic components to activate the belt.
>>
>>43986014
My WFRP party has found a lot of magical crap, as a result of being involved in the death of an entire house of Imperial nobility, as well as killing a vampire and some other stuff.

An amulet that makes you immune to ice magic, an orb that absorbs lightning attacks, a spear that grants +1 Attack, a rune-rapier that grants +10 WS and +1d10 Initiative, and magical full plate that grants +8 wounds.

Oh, and also a hellblade. We ended our last session after killing two hydras and immediately getting ambushed by a bunch of possessed cultists and a dozen flesh hounds trying to kill us and get the hellblade back.
>>
>>43988455
>>43988526

>Switching to armor

"Henshin!"

>Switching out of Armor

"Cast Off!"
>>
>>43988564
>approving-nod.gif
>>
>>43988526
>>43988564
The only downside was that I had to earn my other forms, like any Rider. I did enjoy talking about friendship all the time though. That was fun.
>>
>>43987956
Demonsteel.

You basically bind a demon into the steel while It's being forged.
>>
a simple cloak lined with lead and enchanted to block all attempts at scrying. Effectively anybody who wore it was completely unscryable, even by epic or divine efforts. It came in handy.
>>
>>43988924
oh and it also prevented things like spells that detect alignment, mind reading, telepathy, or message spells (even if they're beneficial)
>>
>>43988924
Wouldn't that be heavy and cumbersome as fuck?
>>
>>43988924
Why do you need the lead?
>>
>>43989018
in case superman tried to find him.
>>
>>43989040
You mean Captain Hero.
>>
>>43989018

A lot of scry spells are defeated by a thin sheet of lead.
>>
>>43988949
About as cumbersome as the lead aprons you get at the dentist for a tooth xray. For a high level character with high strength, it was negligible.
>>43989018
>>43989062
As he said, it's a combination of mundane and magical effects that made it so potent. In the core books in 3.5 in the definition of scrying type spells it states that lead sheets block scrying. My DM ruled that this was an inherent aspect of reality in the DnD universe since there are no given exceptions. Of course, any simple lead cloak would have openings for the face and feet and such, so that's where the enchantments and artifact quality of the cloak came into play.
>>
File: SBS67_1_Sanji_Poster2.png (35 KB, 244x197) Image search: [Google]
SBS67_1_Sanji_Poster2.png
35 KB, 244x197
>>43987931
>If I saw them from a great distance I stood very little chance of recreating the face accurately enough to fool pretty much anyone.
>>
>Solar Spice: A shimmering white powder-like crystalline substance with hues of gold and silver. Distilled from pure thaumic essence of light, as well as traces of the thaumic essence of cognition, movement, power and life, this blend of powder is typically mixed into morning tea or in some countries coffee. Once mixed in, it has the effect of kick-starting a person's metabolism and inducing a rush of adrenaline, and can be considered to some a psychadelic substance. It is highly regulated throughout the kingdoms, as it is distilled and blended by only the most skilled thaumaturgists in the land. It is the only legal psychadelic in the kingdom, endorsed by the king himself, and named after his obsession with the sun.
>>
>>43987956
Does making weapons out of monster and/or their plentiful organs count? Because that was the main schtick of one of the factions in a setting I was working on a long time ago. It varies too much from one weapon to the next, but they make one hell of a material.

Aside from that, there was also another setting where there was something called Dragon Glass. It was a crystalline material that could be smelted, with a low melting point like glass, that when melted down and forged would become harder than steel, and was very, very good with the type of magic that the dragon it came from used. All dragons can breathe fire, in addition to their other breath weapon(s), and Dragon Glass is made of stone, dirt, or sand that gets scorched as a result of its use. The dragons hoard it, and can eat it to recharge their breath weapons quicker.

Let me see... Sun Steel was made by using a powdered, glowing crystal that can be found in deep cave systems in place of carbon in steel. It makes it give off light when drawn, and the steel absorbs sunlight to cause the sword to be wreathed in flames.

There were a couple of others, but I don't remember specifics.
>>
There's a few.

>The lathe
A simple, small jeweller's lathe, like the electric ones you'd find in a metal shop for fine work. It's just that this one adjusts its grasp, settings, speed and such automatically, before you even put the piece in. When you've finished some detail or work, it senses this and alters its settings again to accommodate whatever you plan to do next. All this without you consciously doing it. It was like that perfect assistant who knew what you wanted and needed almost before you did, and has everything ready for you at that point. It also didn't actually need electricity to function

This, understandably, freaked the PCs out.
>>
>>43989558
So, it's solar powered cocaine?

Gives a new meaning to Praise the Sun.
>>
>>43989688
>Does making weapons out of monster and/or their plentiful organs count?

Depends on the monster. Like, if you're wearing dragonscale, then it's nothing amazing.

But if you're using the tail of a Dire Platypus as a cloak, then yeah, that's pretty unique.

Dragonglass and Sun Steel sound bitching. I especially like Dragonglass.
>>
>>43990320
Maybe I wasn't fully clear. I guess the best way to describe it would be like a Quinque from Tokyo Ghoul, with the weapon being a sculpted, living organ attached to a haft/grip/etc. So, that dire platypus? You'd get to make a weapon that is literally the living venom sacs and barbs of a dire platypus on a grip, positioned like a military pick or a scythe, and it would continue to produce venom. The dragon? Its breath weapon organ would likely be shaped into a cylinder with a grip on it turning it into, basically, a flamethrower.
>>
>>43990446
Ah, kinda like the Tail Weapons from Dark Souls. That counts.
>>
>>43990461
As far as other non-living materials go, another I remember is that there was also a material that was made of a solidified spatial distortion like what might form if you made or destroyed hundreds of bags of holding, or whatever, in one place. Space buckles around that area and leaves behind chunks of solidified, crystalline space that can be worked, albeit entirely by magical means. When it's formed into a weapon, it can bend space when you attack with it, giving itself range, as though it were being thrown, but using your melee attack bonuses.

I know there was another one, but fucked if I can find it anywhere.
>>
>>43986014
A magical sitar that resonates with the symphonies that make up the world. Effectively it allows for manipulation of magic on such a level that my bard can redirect magic in a world that doesn't allow it or cast impossible spells by making them a part of the world.

I have something in the works with my GM. It is a sort of magic amplifier or stabiliser that hovers behind the back and makes visible interactions with the character on casting. (Alright, I looted that idea.)

There is the bow that attracts the arrow you've in the hand, essentially reducing the time you nock the arrow and making it easier to draw the string in a fast smooth movement. (It is so good, I almost forgot to mention it)

There was the white full plate ebony armour made by a newly minted Daedric Prince with enhancements to willpower and charisma, along with levitation, magical weight reduction and it also acted as source of black light.

There is this long, big scarf one of my characters has, which has threads of something responsive to the ki arts he employs. It functions like a controllable whip and can stiffen/soften according to needs, while it sends erosive waves of ki through its target.

There's also some rings of jumping, resistance to diseases, regeneration and flight somewhere. Enchanted arrows, other arrows with arrowheads made of one-plane shadows. There's clothes that magically lighten the load you carry, grant water breathing and carry some minor, guaranteed-cast utility spells.

I'm sure I forgot some items and I'm sure there'll be more cool/useful artifacts to get.
>>
>>43992197
Why a Sitar?
>>
>>43988238
Are you just pulling these out of the air right now?Or do you have some wonderful source?
Either way, more pls.
>>
>>43987999
I like that... like a Ring of Flying and just pulls you through the air by the ring itself.
>>
A coin that, if you ask it a question that can be answered with "yes" or "no" and flip it, always lands on its edge.
>>
>>43992652
Sitars are traditionally highly magical instruments, anon. In old legends there was a powerful sitar was crafted by an evil sorcerer, so powerful that it could destroy an entire planet with but one strum of its strings. It was fortunate that there was a weakness in this sitar of death, a tiny spot that brave heroes struck at to cause the tightly bound instrument to fly apart and send the sorcerer far away.

The sorcerer went on to make a second instrument, larger and more powerful than the first, without that single weakness, but the rebels attacked while it was still under construction and managed to blow up the death sitar two.
>>
File: 7xLjujP.png (135 KB, 483x284) Image search: [Google]
7xLjujP.png
135 KB, 483x284
>>43994606
Interesting, I don't know much about the mythology of the Indian sub-continen-
Oh...Fuck you.
>>
Literacy's Bane.

An intricately carved quiver that it is immune to force damage.

Explosive runes are revealed on attempts to identify it with detect magic. It also casts explosive runes on any arrow placed within it, up to 5/day. Holds 30 arrows.
>>
So i saw this one in an archived thread

Magical Lantern of Wishing:
A magical entity appears, informing the user that they shall be the recipient of one wish The wish must, in some way, involve the user. The person who activated the lantern is capable of refusing having their wish granted.

Upon stating their final wish, the being informs them that their wishes shall serve his next master well, and proceeds to grant the previous owner's wishes to the current one.

i was thinking of throwing up a table nad having players roll

1: I wish I was the most Beautiful Woman in the world
2: I wish I was the Most Handsome man in the world
3: I wish I was the strongest person in the world(+2 str)
4: I wish I was the most intelligent person in the world
5: I wish I was born as an (X) roll on reincarnation table
6: I wish for a powerful magic item (Roll on magic item table decide based on level)
7: I wish I was rich (Player obtains 10,000 gold)
8: I wish to be the most agile man in the world (Dex)
9: I wish I was back home (Player receives a magical rock that can return them to their home)
10: I wish to be a great magician! (Player gains a once weekly/monthly use of a level 8 spell)
11: I wish I had my legs back (Player has their legs replaces with those of a Giants their legs are now 5 feet long and their shoe size is Gargantuan. Proportional to their body)
12: I wish I could Fly (Player spouts wings roll for nature: Draconic, Angelic, Bird, Demonic, Leathery: made with their own skin and bone)
13: I wish I was 40 years younger (Minimum age is 10 may lead to shenanigans that will be hilarious)
That's all I got so far
>>
>>43994735
So what happened to the first guy who made a wish?
>>
>>43994771

Ever heard of the Big Bang?
>>
>>43994633
Wait! Come back! I haven't even told you about the sabers made of sunlight they wielded!
>>
Ring of (Mostly Useless) Ultimate Power
When the name is utter the "Mostly Useless) portion of its name can't be expressed in any form.
You roll a d100 for effects ranging from turning yourself into a chicken to temporarily diemboweling yourself. One "useful" one is awaken followed by permanency on a random object within 10ft, another is invisibility where you roll a d10 odds you turn invisible evens means someone else does within 20ft, and prestidigitation.
>>
>>43994606
As soon as you said "small weakness" I knew.
>>
>>43994735
>3: I wish I was the strongest person in the world(+2 str)

Only +2?
>>
>>43994927
Gotta make it balanced brah...

Maybe have it grant the player a Belt of Storm Giant Strength or somethign?
>>
>>43994633
I'm Indian and all of that was true.

In all honesty though, it'd totally fit in there somewhere.
>>
>>43994938
What if one of his party members has more than that strength?
>>
>>43994983
In 5e they sure fucking don't
>>
All the magic items

I must have them all
>>
>>43994735
Updated Version:

Magical Lantern of Wishing:
1: I WISH TO BE AN ALL-POWERFUL GENIE! (Player becomes a Genie of Magical Lantern Wishing... his first master will be granted his original wish)
2: I wish I was the Most Handsome man in the world
3: I wish I was the strongest person in the world(Not sure how to determine stat bonus)
4: I wish I was the most intelligent person in the world(Not sure how to determine stat bonus)
5: I wish I was born as an (X) roll on reincarnation table
6: I wish for a powerful magic item (Roll on magic item table decide based on level)
7: I wish I was rich (Player obtains 10,000 gold)
8: I wish to be the most agile man in the world (Dex)
9: I wish I was back home (Player receives a reusable magical rock that can return them to their home every hour can be changed by putting it in a Hearth for an hour to attune it)
10: I wish to be a great magician! (Player gains a once weekly/monthly use of a level 8 spell)
11: I wish I had my legs back (Player has their legs replaces with those of a Giants their legs are now 5 feet long and their shoe size is Gargantuan. Proportional to their body)
12: I wish I could Fly (Player spouts wings roll for nature: Draconic, Angelic, Bird, Demonic, Leathery: made with their own skin and bone)
13: I wish I was 40 years younger (Minimum age is 10 may lead to shenanigans that will be hilarious) That's all I got so far
14: I wish I had my arms back. (Player receives tentacle arms that are prehensile)
15: I wish I had a Son/Daughter (Roll 1d2)
16: I wish my Wife was alive (if character has no wife if his wife ever happens to die she will be revived at full health immediately)
17: I wish I had better parents (Time rewrite but events still somehow lead to this very moment)
18: I wish I was King! (Player becomes King of nearby country.)
19: I wish I was the most Beautiful Woman in the world!
20: I wish I was a Sorceror! (Player receives one class level in Sorceror free)

continued
>>
>>43995088

21: I wish to be alive for all eternity! (Player turns into sentient statue incapable of moving)
22: I wish I knew what to wish for!
23: I wish I had a Donkey that crapped gold! (Donkey must make DC 20 Con save or die from golden constipation every 24 hours)
24: I wish my pet was Sentient(If character does not have a pet they will eventually meet a sentient animal who wishes to get to know the person better)
25: I wish for HASTUR HASTUR HASTUR!(An ancient elder being is unleashed upon the world possibly at an Ice rink)
26: I wish I had my wee men back. (Player has Magical Garden Gnomes that he can activate once daily that can cast magical spells for him spells include: Polymorph, Mass Invisibility(Can target 4-5 people with invisibility), Ghost Sound, and Sky Writing)
>>
>>43994949
This is where you realize that hitler wasn't the only person to plagiarize religion.
>>
>>43986014
Bracers of here and there: two pairs of bracers, each with their own command words. Have shown up in campaigns all the time. They vary in their effective distance. One guy shoved a dude off a cliff and placed a silence rune close enough see he couldn't activate it. Was pretty smart.
>>
>>43995236
You, uh, didn't say what they actually, um, do.

>gauntlet of the Vile
>activated when used to punch someone
>intricately carved
>only 3,000 GP you want buy yes?
>>
>>43995358
You, uh, didn't say what they actually, um, do.

>gauntlet of the Phial
>activated when used to smack someone
>intricately embroidered
>only 2,999 GP you want buy yes?
>>
My party realized they could tackle someone to the ground, shove an immoval rod into their gut, and press the button to keep them pinned to the ground. I forget the name, but I also gave them that rope that's enchanted so you can command it to move around and tie to things. They combined the two for some great acrobatic stunts
>>
>>43995537
.......Couldn't they just lay it ontop of him.
>>
File: 20173356.jpg (56 KB, 459x646) Image search: [Google]
20173356.jpg
56 KB, 459x646
>>43995182
Original religion do not steal.
>>
>>43995486
>the joke
>your head
>>
>>43988455

Man, that sounds better than my PC's belt. He had a belt that would suit him up in his magic armor when it came to combat, then banish the armor afterward. So he'd do the pose right before his Full Plate materialized.
>>
>>43995584
by "shove an immovable rod into their gut" they probably meant "poke the guy with the rod and set it there"
>>
>>43995650
Oh. I thought they meant literally shoving it into his guts. Possibly through an eay entrance.
>>
>>43994771
He was granted the wish of the last person to use it.
>>
File: The Ride Never Ends.jpg (74 KB, 855x746) Image search: [Google]
The Ride Never Ends.jpg
74 KB, 855x746
I had a player whose elven ranger seemed to roll a Nat 1 on just about every attack roll, so I gave her this bow.

>Vajra -- This electric bow is said to be blessed by an ancient thunder deity. With every arrow fired from this bow at any enemy, it gains 1 charge. On a Natural 20, all charges are expended and the bow deals +1d4 electric damage for each charge expended this way. On a Natural 1, all charges are expended and the wielder of the bow takes 1d4 electric damage for each charge expended this way.
>>
>>43995182
Have you seen Star Wars's later naming conventions? They're nearly all lifted from Hindu Mythology/History.
>>
What properties would you expect a material called Black Adamantine to possess?
>>
>>43996290
[Insert Racist Joke of your Choice here]

You were all thinking of one.
>>
>>43986014
>Always Buy List:
-Ioun Torch
-Dusty Rose Ioun Stone (cracked)
-Handy Haversack and/or Muleback Cords if needed
-Scrolls of Endure Elements
-Scrolls of Mount
-Wand of Cure Light Wounds
-Scroll of Invisiblity
-Pearl of Power if casting
-Armored Kilt, Mithril Chain Shirt, or other magic armor
-Ring of Deflection
-Sleeves of Many Garments
-Skill Item of +5 (Often Stealth)
-Vest of Resistance
-Headband of +X Whatever
-Belt of +X Whatever
-Everlasting Rations if 3.5 items are allowed

Many alchemical items for early game and utility.
>>
>>43996290
It's tougher than normal Adamantine but harder to work with?
>>
>>43986014
That's just asking to be mugged.
>>
>>43996379
What?
>>
>>43996388
Not him. Theres 2 obviously magic items probably worth a pretty penny and a money bag hanging off a belt. These items are "secured" to the belt by flimsy wire thin leather bits and a small chain. Any urchin could run by you midcrowd and yoink all of that.
>>
Broken wand of location. Locates whatever you point it at. It used Patrick Warburton's voice.

"That chair is currently in front of you... Right there."

A player nearly threw up from laughing because he asked it the time and I simply said. "Yup."
>>
>>43996290
you wake up one morning and your black adamantine armor is gone, as well as half your gold and your mount
>>
>>43996487
Only half?

Also, see >>43996331
>>
Mundane Bag of Holding
Similar to a regular bag of holding but it can only hold items and beings that aren't inherently magical

Magical items (I.e amulets or magic weaponry) or creatures/people (I.e warlocks/sorcerers or dragons)
being placed into the bag will rip the dimensional hold and everything in the bag is strewn across the ethereal plane.
>>
>>43996290
It doesn't transmit heat or cold, isn't magnetic.
>>
>>43996617
>everything in the bag is strewn across the ethereal plane.
Why not just put it on the dragons head and watch it become a bloody ethereal smear then?
>>
>>43996290
Upon wearing a set of Black Adamantite armor you find it increasingly hard to go back to your old set of normal adamantite armor.
>>
>>43996679

Why not just feed the dragon copious amounts of glass and watch it die of punctured intestine then?
>>
File: 1444358412547.png (1 MB, 1019x720) Image search: [Google]
1444358412547.png
1 MB, 1019x720
Made a compilation a long time ago.

http://pastebin.com/6sWXqP1z

See also, magical drugs.

http://pastebin.com/Sqksj3vb
>>
>>43996695
Because Dragons are elemental furnaces and you need a serious spiritual poison to hurt them via digestion at all?
>>
File: balancing.gif (4 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
balancing.gif
4 MB, 440x330
Ring of Unbalancing. It can be used to tip over things that are balanced. Originally we got it as a tool to do some puzzles in a dungeon, but we kept it when we figured out that it could be used to knock someone over in combat. Later, we found out that it could unbalance ANY system. At one point, we used it to give the Grim Reaper true free will, by unbalancing life and death.
>>
>>43994606
I laughed
>>
>>43996679
Because then all our shit disappears alongside it, however we DO have an alligator and a mastiff tied up in there called apples and oranges respectively
>>
>>43997366
Don't ask why cause you won't like the answer but how many puppies could i fit inside of it?
>>
>>43997717
Roughly 300 or so, we have 144 pieces of cutlery, 76 books, a ridiculous amount of pieces of paper to name a few things
>>
>>43997780
Perfect.
>>
>>43986014
our party dealt with this Cthulhu like cult. acquired these amulets based off things like Bone, Blood, Senses and the like. they allowed you to do various "bending" like powers. made a full suit of Bone armor from various creatures... Adult Blue dragon, Ice giant, some Goblins and the Mini BBEG known as Baba Yaga herself. made her into my boots.

Demon curse infused wine was another fun Plot item we used time to time. allowed us to have visions.

An explosion of said wine caused a large amount of wildlife in the area to be raised from the dead. I took the skull from a wolf that had been raised that way and made it a pet. I call him Chompy. I plan on using the bone, blood, heart and other amulets to make him a body, for now I use him as a piece of living armor and a conversation piece.
>>
Finding his prior attempts at protecting his valuables by means of mere guards and physical traps, some posh aristocrat who deals with the trafficking of magic items hired mages to lay much more subtle magic traps around his mansion, enchanting ordinary pieces of furniture and parts of the house.

What Was Door
Passing through the threshold of this doorway will cause one to forget the previous few minutes of events, essentially causing that phenomenon of forgetting what you were going to do next. Inspecting the door will not find any magic as the doorjamb itself is what is enchanted. Characters who are affected will regain those memories when they pass through the door again, leaving a gap of memory from when they were in the room.

Doozy Step
The top and bottom step of this marble floored stairway impart a suggestion into the mind that there is one more step. Anyone unaware of the effect will stumble and fall.

Phantom Patrol
Around the second floor of his mansion, four long, narrow red carpets wraps meet each other at the corners, wrapping around the looping hallway. Upon it, one illusory security guard silently patrol around the hall endlessly, intermittently stopping to peer at doorways or turn around as though they've heard a noise. When looped, the guard will loop around the carpets seamlessly. One carpet alone, the guard will simply fade upon reaching one end and reappear at the other.

Clap Trap
Simple Thaumaturgy triggers, several doors and containers were enchanted to slam shut a few seconds after being opened by someone other than the owner, obviously making a loud noise and alerting those nearby, also possibly slamming on the fingers/body of the intruder.

Pursecutter Coin
A simple looking Silver Coin visually indistinguishable from other ordinary coins. With just a bit of pressure or drag, the seemingly flat edge of the coin will quite easily dig into bare flesh and create a big gash in any leather/cloth container it is placed inside.
>>
File: WouldYouLikeToSeeMyGoods.jpg (577 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
WouldYouLikeToSeeMyGoods.jpg
577 KB, 1200x812
Shit I was awake at that time. That's not good.
They switch the places if the wearers when the command word is spoken.>>43995358
>>
I once gave my party a vial that let them steal dreams from people and enter them to see what was going on/gain knowledge.

They sold it to a dragon for money.

Then I gave them a shrink/enlarge orb with limited charges. They used most of them enlarging their gold coins. They did make a cool ship out of a toy ship though.

Basically every magic item I try to create on my own gets used to make money, and that's it, and the stock ones that I hand them are used as intended.

I guess I should stop trying to be creative with magic items, apparently I suck at it.
>>
>>43998514
your players are fools who can't see the value in non-standard magic items.
My upcoming campaign is going to have brass knuckles that, when used to kill someone, shout "I PITY THE FOOL" and deal bonus damage for 1 minute afterwards. this bonus stacks with every pitying of the fools, up to a max of +5.
>>
>>43994606
so much kek. I laughed. so beautiful.

I didn't make that Sitar. My character played against the Demigod/Aspect of Rhythm and won it.

>>43994848
Love it.
>>
>>43989558
The spice must flow
>>
>>43986014
Is it bad that when I saw that thumbnail I thought "collar" before I thought "belt"?
>>
>>44000360
Not bad, but slightly perverted.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>43986014
Swords of the Blind Dog
A set of two +1 longswords, colored a vivid light blue.
Their special property is to deal an extra die of damage on every hit, but deal no damage at all if the target didn't move on its last turn.
>>
>>44001726
I see what you did there
>>
>>44001726
Define "Move"
>>
>>44001985
The movement action, to change one's position on the map, as in "I move from here to here", including movement as part of a standard action such as a charge attack.
>>
>my players are all practical characters not versed in magic so when they find an item they cant identify the are actually smart and say "Maybe we shouldnt fuck with it till we know"

My inner cruel GM frowns at this. Anyway, couple items introduced recently. May have been posted before or borrowed from /tg/ previous:
>Delayed dagger: Doesnt cut. Movs through solid objects. Over the course of an hour, the wound will slowly show up until it bursts into exsistance.

>gaia's envy: A ring that grants full flight, but the longer you use the more injured your legs become till you are permanently maimed.

>Ghost councils amulet: Summons four ghosts. each will predict the future, but only one of them is telling the truth. The rest are trying to make your life miserable. Changes who the liar is each time.
>>
>>44001726
...huh, that's actually really clever
So I'm thinking of having a major artifact sword in my next campaign, and this is what it does:
>Sword of Eternity
>+5 sword that absorbs the bonuses of other permanent magic items presented to it, destroying the original magic item. If an attribute of the magic item conflicts with the Sword, the Sword overrules it (so if a weapon can only be used by Evil creatures, and the Sword of Eternity can only be used by Good, it will default to Good)
>starts out as simply a +5 sword with that property, then gradually gains powers as a campaign with it goes on
>after absorbing 10 magical items, the sword gains enough power to become intelligent, and has standard ability and ego progression
Thoughts? Keep in mind this is going to be a weapon for a level 20 character towards the middle of the campaign I'm planning.
>>
>>44002499
should probably mention that the system is Pathfinder.
>>
>>44002499
Seems legit, man but mabye change it through that instead of gradually it goes with past deeds of the hero and future deeds as it goes along...you get what im saying?.
>>
>>44002090
Jest Checking.
>>
File: 1382421594711.jpg (839 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
1382421594711.jpg
839 KB, 1800x1350
>>
>>44002622
not really?
like, if the sword gets used to kill a fire elemental it gets fire related powers or something?
>>
I carry two lesser moxen, a divining top, a needle imbued with strong but narrow warding magic, two keys to a crypt and a vault, a small satchel full of various chromatic baubles, an adaptive map that displays whatever region or plane I desire, a chalice with scalable and slightly-less-narrow warding magics, four different orbs that generate magic damping fields, a runed pike, and a legendary jitte thrice enchanted.
>>
>>44002748
And a memory jar that I keep forgetting about.
>>
>>44002729
No not that i was saying that as the deeds grow (killing dragons liches.etc.) the sword grows more powerful. So for example if a lich was threatening a city and the hero were to slay it the sword would grow more powerful. Granting the holder its powers upon "seeing/killing" foes of evil.
Barely at all from slaying a random fire elemental.
>>
>>43997239
you had me until that last part, which is just atrociously retarded
>>
The Glitch

An ordinary trinket that reverse all damage/healing
It still doesn't stop the pain of getting stabbed in the gut but it will remove that old back problem you have.
>>
>>44002818
ooooh, so like great feats make it more powerful, that makes sense, but I'd like it to have more player agency to it than "okay we killed the BBEG, now my sword is better" I want them to have to make actual choices as to how to work with the weapon. Customizing the characters tools is going to be a running theme in the campaign. I plan on having Craft skills actually be worth something. For whoever gets a gun in the party (which will require some story shit with dwarves or the PC being a dwarf themselves) they'll get to slowly unlock the secrets of black powder as they travel the world, upgrading their weapon with elemental bullets or other magic shit as they go.
>>
>>43996290

I'm going to pose a similar question:

What properties would you expect a material called Red Steel to possess?
>>
>>44003317
Hmm i see, then why give it magical properties. instead encourage the wielder to change it modify it, make it amplify effects etc.
>>
>>44002984
D&D:
>sword of magnetism, when striking in combat the player can disarm by striking the enemy sword, higher strength wins.
>fucc'im: A special greatspear that can be thrown 10x str. Ft. The further its thrown the more damage it does. Returns if the target is killed, or at end of round.

Dark heresy
>schindlers fist: powerfist that fired a boltgun shot when punching
>yarricks gaze, laspistol that shot twice on a crit, also as a crit
>tellyportashootafing a gun that teleported the person shot into melee range. Disoriented and sometimes violent psychopaths.
>morphine, a magical substance that healed all wounds, and made you invincible until it wore off, or you died of bloodloss
>>
>>44003451
The agency comes in the form of "what should I modify this with" because I stated it could be any magic Item, rather than just another magic weapon, they could pull shit like making it act as an immovable rod, or a wizard could craft a unique magic item to be absorbed by it. Once it becomes intelligent, it'll probably start a sidequest wherein it requests specific items to be added to it. It's something special, and the player who gets to wield this thing, even if he's just a regular fighter, will probably be on par with a wizard by the end of this campaign.
>>
>>44003521
>>morphine, a magical substance that healed all wounds, and made you invincible until it wore off, or you died of bloodloss

First one makes sense second one ...awseome third one waaagh...last one...i lolled.
>>
>>44003530
>
Hmmm that could be a problem...
>>
>>44003530
>>44003451
>>44003317

Here's my take on it:
>you have slain the great icy lich of the north, freeing the barbarian people from his rule
>your sword begins glowing from within.
(player picks an upgrade, such as cold damage, some spell effect, extra damage, anything related to the boss, or his feat)
>the sword stops shining...yet you can see a sheen of frost coating it and you feel the sword becoming more attuned to you
>>
>>44003705
Bam
>>
>>44003324
Dousing the metal in alcohol seems to induce bloodlust (or a dead liver), it has an odd pension to laugh at those inside casinoes, and you get the sense it deeply enjoys the smell of burning sage.
>>
File: improvement.jpg (807 KB, 785x1000) Image search: [Google]
improvement.jpg
807 KB, 785x1000
>>43987561
>mfw wake up after being incapacitated
>sudden urge to scream
>>
>>43996290
wearing an item made of this material makes you crave bountiful booty, more than any dwarf ever has
>>
>>43996290
It carries the Curse of Ebonics.
>>
File: hGy0FO8.png (118 KB, 1300x1091) Image search: [Google]
hGy0FO8.png
118 KB, 1300x1091
>>43989920
>>
>>43986145
Were wont. Wont to challenge each other.
>>
a sword with a switch for releasing liquid cyanide

rip wallet
>>
>>43989558
>confusing stimulants with psychedelics
wut
>>
>>43986799
>>43986379
>>43986117

It sounds kind of like a Wand of Bedtime. All it needs to do is change you into a nightcap and a onesie with a drop bottom.
>>
>>44005237
>not knowing enough of one type of drug can induce effects other drugs do
Depressants can be stimulants in the right quantities, stimulants can make you hallucinate, hallucinogens can calm you the fuck down, and depreessants can also make you hallucinate. Some like caffeine and alcohol syngerize maximizing the caffeine and a bit of the alcohol.
>>
>>43986014
Excali-bar, the sword in the soap.
Guaranteed to always leave a clean cut.

This is what heppens when you let your players have map design input and then you start trying to flesh out some of the more bizzare ideas, like a 60ft bar of soap.

luckily, there was a mages academy nearby, so I could explain it away as recent mana storm.

wanted it to be at least somewhat interactive though, so I left a sword in it to attempt to be wrenched free. from there, it evolved on its own.
>>
>>43987113
This is why people hate 3.5
>>
>>44000360
well, those things would be pretty impractical to hang off of a collar
>>
>>43986014
I'm currently writing up a Storytime of a campaign I was in but I'll share one of the items in it.

>Sunder- A Hand-and-a-half Sword crafted from the bones of a True Dragon by the Svartalfar at the behest of the Erlking. It possesses no embellishments, gems or rune-work which, when combined with its smoky black coloring, completely belies its origins. Sunder is perfectly balanced and will never lose its edge or break but its true power lies in its ability to cut through magic. The blade itself is capable of cutting through most armor and weapons, provided the wielder is strong enough to do so. Despite these abilities, Sunder is not enchanted. It is simply a masterfully crafted blade.
>>
>>44006813
Where you gonna post that storytime? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>44007122
Still writing it. It was really long, so I'll probably post the first part in a week or two, provided my finals don't kill me.
>>
>>44007215
Good luck on those finals, Anon. We're looking forward to your safe return and the storytime you will bring with you!
>>
I've got one that I originally made for Dungeon World but could easily be adapted for other systems.

>The Circlet of Extrospection: a delicate silver circlet. When you focus on someone while wearing the circlet, roll+INT. On 10+, pick two of the following options. On 7-9, pick one.
>- Read the target's surface thoughts and emotions.
>- Plant a suggestion or emotion in the target's mind.
>- Remain anonymous (the target won't be aware that you're in their head)
>On 6-, you broadcast your thoughts to everyone in the area, giving away your position and intentions.

And, in a similar vein...

>The Talisman of Obscurity: while wearing the talisman, you cannot be detected by any form of divination. This means you are immune to magical detection, but also renders you unable to use divine magic or powers; your deity literally can't find you.
>>
>>43986014
A magical metal that interacted with ghosts and ethereal things as well as the physical. Notable because it had been filigreed onto and into an otherwise perfectly mundane sword, basically making it a mass of razor wire on a hilt versus ghosts.

A cloak that let you possess it and disappear at a moment's notice, but if you spent too long in the cloak, you had a harder time getting out.

A knife that could be used to cut objects along one side of the blade, and to fix things with the other.

A ring twined with little copper leaves that produced a stick about three feet long when you made a specific gesture.

The cloak got the fuck used out of it, both for dodging and for faking teleports. The knife got used to repair ropes and clothing and not much else. The ring, though, got used constantly, and it became a running gag with poking things with the stick to see if they were safe (including, but not limited to: random people in a bar, the bartender, idols of bahamut, the king of the midlands, other PCs, bogs, extremely dangerous undead (the stick withered on contact), and random portions of inn flooring in case there were pit traps.) People in the group insist on 'The Stick Test' for things to this day.
>>
>>44007469
Thanks mate. I'll do my best to get it out soon.
>>
>>44008080
Did the ring produce an infinite amount of sticks?
>>
>>43986014
A bigass greatsword made of green crystal stuff that I had to cart around as it was a plot macguffin.
The main two problems were the character barely being able to lift the thing, and being specced for brawling unarmed.
So I mostly ended up winging it at the start of combat, waiting for the returning property to kick in a round or so later, and use the momentum from the returning to throw it every other round or so.
Being intelligent and empathic, it caught on pretty quickly and started setting itself on fire in midair.
Made for an excellent addition to a fun character.
>>
>>44008416
The last one disappeared when a new one was summoned, but yes. Endless whippy switches, endless poking of walls and floors, but too green and flexible for infinite arrows or the like.
>>
>>44008080

The cloak sounds like it's pretty cool.

Apart from the other stuff, did they ever pull an obi-wan with it? Or an obi-wan fakeout in this case.
>>
File: VeggieOhGod.png (198 KB, 792x605) Image search: [Google]
VeggieOhGod.png
198 KB, 792x605
>>44008471
>Enemy's Face when a giant green greatsword gets chucked at you and then catches fire
>>
In one of my campaigns, there was a friendly gnome artificer with a "bargain bin" of extremely minor trinkets and reject prototypes. Nothing with much in the way of practical adventuring use, but stuff that would realistically be handy for personal convenience or just plain be fun to have.

Eventually, one of the players asked if the artificer could combine the effects of items from the bargain bin. And thus was born the Rod of Perpetually Perfectly Bouncing Prismatic Luminescent Rhythmic Shocking Eternal Bubbles. The unholy amalgamation of:
>A rod of bubbles. It shoots bubbles.
The base item.
>A ball of perfect bouncing. A rubber ball that bounces even off of liquid or clouds.
>A ball of perpetual bouncing. Keeps bouncing up to the same height it was released from indefinitely until you catch it and set it down gently.
>Eternal chalk: Chalk that doesn't rub off unless you want it to.
The persistence of the chalk and bouncing properties of these two balls were transferred to the bubbles produced by the rod, so they'd bounce around indefinitely off of everything without popping unless they hit something sharp.
>Lenses of Prismatic Vision: Novelty glasses that, when activated, display a colorful light show to the wearer.
These made the bubbles give a soft, colorful glow.
>Gloves of Light: Produce different-colored lights from each fingertip in response to sound above a certian volume, the brightness being proportional to the loundness of the sound.
And this made the glow pulse brighter in response to noise.
>Earring of Rhythm: A magical metronome worn as an earring.
...And this let them make their own noise. Specifically, it made them create a pulse of sound whenever they bounce off something, and uncannily manage to travel so that the individual bubbles in the cloud hit things to bounce off of in perfect iambic pentameter rhythm.
>Gloves of shocking grasp: Not the spell, but just a magic joy buzzer.
Lastly, this made the bubbles give a mild zap to those they touched.
>>
>>43988505
T H A U M C R A F T
>>
>>44005293
oh I see what you're saying. just got confused by the semantics since drugs that primarily have a stimulatory mechanism of action (receptor-wise) aren't usually classed as psychedelics even if they induce stimulant psychosis.
>>
>>44009729
Correct.
>>
>>43989558
Cognitio + motus + potentia + victus?
>>
I'm running a very high-fantasy, over-the-top campaign and gave one of my players Excalibur, but not exactly the same as the standard sword.
Basically, all previous owners of the sword, when they die, live on in the sword (sort of a private afterlife). When someone tries to pick up the sword, they undergo various tests of worthiness, one test from each previous wielder. This all happens in an instant. Essentially their mind is going to a pocket universe or something. If they pass the test, Excalibur is theirs for the rest of their life. Any time they need it, it will appear in their hands or in its sheath, no matter where it had been left. Other people can lift it when it's in its sheath, but they can't draw it. Excalibur takes the form of whatever weapon the wielder is most proficient at using. Once a day, the wielder can go into something functionally similar to the Avatar State, channeling the experience of the previous wielders for one turn each. In gameplay, this just means that Excalibur takes the form of various different weapons and the player temporarily gains a proficiency with that weapon. There have been only 5 wielders of Excalibur so far, as it is extremely selective and somewhat precognizant.
If it sounds overpowered, that's somewhat intentional. Basically in this setting any important character is extremely powerful in some way.
>>
File: 1446240669250.jpg (140 KB, 807x989) Image search: [Google]
1446240669250.jpg
140 KB, 807x989
Not really magic, but my pcs got a whistle from this treasure trove a ogre had and they assumed it was magic because when they played it it garnered the attention of a nearby goblin encampment and they were subsequently attacked. Little dip they realise that getting peoples attention is kind of what whisltes do. They plan on selling it when they get to town next session.
>>
>>44010822
I remember that mentioned in another magic items thread.
Please do tell us their reactions when they get back to town.
>>
>>44009510
I'd buy one without the shocking effect. That sounds bitching.
>>
>>44010192
Did the scabbard do anything?
>>
>>44010822
Did they think the whistle summoned the goblins magically?
>>
>>44010192
Do people who don't use swords at all get a club, warhammer, bow or whatever?

I kind of like the sound of it though. Would put it in the middle of town. PCs are welcome to try, but for a lot of the campaign it's just the fabled magic sword that the locals reckon is rusted in there or something.
So when they need a power boost and try their luck several levels in... It feels like they earned it rather than the artifact was just thrown at them.
>>
>>43987956
I've got a bunch.

>Starmetal
A brightly glowing metal, believed to be the stuff stars themselves are made of, typically found at impact sites of shooting stars. It is quite useful as a light source, producing neither heat nor smoke and never burning out. It also is exceptionally good as a focus for channeling and amplifying light magic. Its pure form is not well-suited to making weapons or armor (and its rarity would make items made entirely of starmetal obscenely expensive), but so-called "sidereal" alloys can be made by mixing a small portion of starmetal in with the base metal. These are as strong as the base metal, but shed light and channel magic similar to starmetal.

>Tenebrine
A rare stone that swallows light from its surroundings, making it appear perfectly pitch-black and casting the nearby area in deep shadows. Charms of the pure stone are prized by those who wish to conceal themselves from view (though it has some downsides, as seeing out of the gloom is as hard as seeing in). It can also be forged in with metals to form "umbral" alloys, which possess a diminished form of tenebrine's light-swallowing properties and are good for channeling shadow- and darkness-related magic.

>Stygium
A lightweight, translucent, smoky gray metal found in convoluted deposits near graveyards and other areas where the dead are found in abundance. Formed from spiritual residue shed by departed souls as they cast off worldly attachments in their passage to the afterlife, its most notable property is that spirits interact with it as though they were solid. In fact, while pure stygium is very soft and pliant to the living, it seems as strong as adamantine to spirits. Even a thin leaf of pounded-out stygium is an effective barrier aginst spirits, and such linings are often used to ward rooms and to make armor and shields for ghost hunters. It can also be alloyed with iron to make "ghost steel" weapons useful against both corporeal and incorporeal foes alike.
>>
>>44011157
>Germen glacies
A crystalline substance that reacts with water to create extreme cold. It's sometimes made in granulated form to allow spreading over a wide area, increasing rate and area of cooling. Commonly sold in "glacies flasks", specially-designed bottles with a neck that narrows to a choke point, which is sealed with a bit of wax after the main body is filled with water. A germen glacies crystal is then put on top of the seal in the neck, and the bottle closed up with a stopper. Glacies flasks can be used as an on-demand ice pack by ramming the germen glacies through the wax seal with a narrow rod, or as a grenadelike weapon allowing the germen glacies to be exposed to the water when the flask shatters. Glacies flasks intended for weapon use typically are made of more fragile glass and use granulated germen glacies.

>Resonite
A crystal, found rarely in nature but more commonly produced artificially by alchemists, that resonates in response to sound. There are two varieties of resonite: Amplifying resonite, as the name suggests, resonates in a way that amplifies the triggering sound; it's commonly used in bullhorns or for devices meant to produce deafening bursts of sound to stun and disorient. Harmonizing resonite, on the other hand, produces harmonic tones relative to a particular sound, and is mainly used in musical applications. Many interesting variations on common instruments have been created using harmonizing resonite, and some musicians use earrings with small amounts of harmonizing resonite to produce quiet tones that let them more easily tell if a pitch is on-key.
>>
>>44011179
>Sunstone
An alchemical product that produces light with no heat or smoke when struck against a hard surface. Depending on how it is formulated, the light can be in any of various colors, and it can be formulated to either give gentle illumination across many hours or release its energy all in a single, instaneous, blinding flash.

>Caloric
The weightless fluid essence of heat, painstakingly difficult to isolate and handle safely. The ability to refine pure caloric from fire is very highly regarded as one of the most prestigious alchemical accomplishments possible, second only to the creation of highly advanced homunculi and, of course, the legendary Philosopher's Stone. For those who do master the means of making it (without immolating themselves and their lab in the process), it holds many valuable properties that enable the use of advanced techniques not otherwise possible.

>Phlogiston acaloric
Common folk might call it "coldfire", if common folk encountered it outside of hearing it mentioned by top alchemists and those who deal with them. A byproduct of caloric production, it is a flame that sheds light with no heat, smoke, or need for fuel. Because of the extreme difficulty of separating caloric from flame, phlogiston acaloric is almost as rare and expensive as caloric itself, and thus is generally only used as a status symbol by extremely talented alchemists and the extremely wealthy patrons who can afford to employ or trade with them. Those of less modest means looking for heatless light sources have a much easier time using sunstone or even starmetal.

>Lethe
An alchemical concoction that induces drowsiness and, at higher doses, amnesia (potentially quite extensive). It's most effective when ingested, but is also readily absorbed through the skin or when inhaled as a vapor. Highly restricted, if not flatly illegal, in most areas, but highly prized by spies, assassins, and other such dastardly types.
>>
>>44011204
>Yliaster
The Prime Matter, a substance believed to be the primordial unformed state from which all things developed and also considered a critical intermediate in production of a Philosopher's Stone. Aside from this use in the process of the alchemical Great Work, it has the useful quality of being able to be attuned to the mind of a person and psychically induced to temporarily take on particular shapes and properties.

>Royal azurite
A rare mineral that is, paradoxically, mainly composed of elemental air. Elemental air being generally the very antithesis of solidity and crystalline order, it is extremely unstable, prone to rapidly sublimating into gas if handled roughly or exposed to heat, causing cold explosions. Under more controlled conditions, it can be induced to melt into a liquid, which is somewhat safer to handle but quickly evaporates away if not stored under a tight seal. Aside from the explosions, its chief property is levitation, and it is used as a fuel for airships and the like.

>Phlogicite
A stone that bursts into flame when heated or fractured. Larger pieces produce an exponentially larger response. A small bead yields only a little flame, suitable for lighting campfires quickly but not much beyond that. Fist-sized orbs make effective grenades, and globes about the size of a man's head (or even larger) are used in siege as catapult ammo. Phlogicite shot can be used in cannon and personal firearms (assuming the barrel is properly treated to handle it) to convert them into flamethrowers.
>>
>>43994991
They might. It's a random roll. The 10 STR wizard might get that result.
>>
>>44010192
Why even bother calling it Excalibur?
>>
>>44011968
I like the name.
Also the first guy who owned it was named Arthur.
So at least it has a tiny little link to the original.
>>
Took a magic pipe off a leprechaun. When you smoke from it, you can blow the smoke into shapes. Thus you could blow smoke into the shape of a few words, a symbol, or a simple picture, very good for clandestine stuff.
>>
>>44011968
I agree. sounds more like a sword version of the Belmont whip.
>>
>>44010192
what happens if you fail the tests? is your mind just lost int he pocket dimnesions forever?
>>
>>44013848
So do I, but the name carries a significant meaning and applying it to something that's not even tangentially related related is just kinda... urgh.
>>
>>44013848
Maybe Caledfwlch or Caliburn then? The sword in the stone?
Or.. Oooh! Maybe Excalibur is it's fully Awakened form?
>>
>>44014078
no, you just can't use the sword at all, from what I read.
>>
>>43986117
That's a good trick.
>>
The Scarf of Heroism.
A long, red, slightly tattered scarf that has a highly tuned flair for the dramatic and will billow in a non-existent wind when appropriate, as well as swirl is an especially cool manner whenever the user does something acrobatic.
I actually let the players believe that that was all it did for a while before it turned out that it could do a minor miracle for a wearer every so often as long as the player made a compelling "overcoming the impossible through sheer guts" role-play moment (mostly transform fatal damage into almost fatal, or similarly a failed disease/curse/poison resist into a minimally successful one).

The Ring of Disdain.
The wearer gains massive bonuses to resist the effects of "mundane" concerns: they need less food, sleep, and rest, and are immune to some of the drawbacks from going without them; they also get resistance to environmental heat and cold and to pain in general.
They get huge defense bonuses against social manipulation (really important in the home brew system we played, based off Burning Wheel), and don't take mental damage from many sources.
The mental calmness gives them an action bonus in combat and a bonus to "steamroller all objections" type maneuvers in social encounters.
On the downside, they take a negative trait that decreased their own social abilities in situations that required concern or empathy, and are unable to regain mental stability through most normal methods (kittens and hot cocoa lost all power to those disdainful of mortal concerns). The ring lets them ignore most of the problems of low Stability, but if it got too low, they ran a chance any time they _would_ feel those effects to stop caring about whatever they're doing: they go crazy, withdraw completely from the world, and become an NPC.
>>
File: dmitchlaugh.png (410 KB, 513x834) Image search: [Google]
dmitchlaugh.png
410 KB, 513x834
>>43994606
>>
>>43996690
ayy
>>
A Talisman of Gnoll Fortune and Ferocity. Passive effect was +-10% on any percentage roll in my favour, which is nice cause our DM rolls % whenever someone rolls a Nat 1, the closer to 100 the worse. An elite guard got a 106% fumble that way, decapitated himself with a dpuble sword. Active effect makes me bite the closest enemy, or ally if no enemy's there, with advantage for 1d6+2, for 7 rounds. Loved the item.

My current cleric has an artifact called the ring of darklight, which makes all my radiant or necrotic damage spells work as if they've been cast with a spell slot one level higher. It alsp revoved me to half health once per week if I die, and trumps even disintegration rays
>>
>>43986014
The one in particular that came up in my campaign is the Witch Bottle. A character can spend 25g to craft one. It is filled with various iron objects, usually nails, and water or alcohol with a sampling of the maker's body, usually blood or urine. It must then be buried under at least one foot of dirt or sand on property that the maker owns.

Doing so grants a +5 bonus to defenses against spell attacks (we use a modified Star Wars Saga edition for fantasy).

If you put a drop of blood from a specific caster into it, that caster cannot succeed on a spell against you (but you can still suffer miss effects).

If your bottle is ever taken from the ground, you lose the bonuses immediately. If someone holds your bottle, they automatically hit you with any spell effect.

You can also gain other resistances from them. For example, if you put whale oil or blubber into the bottle along with a tuft of polar bear fur, you gain cold resist.

They've been fun so far.
>>
>>43986014
The Wooga Stick
A simple birch branch adorned with a bronze top carved into the appearance of a glaring old man. The old man has strips of leather forming a long pony tail, and the strips are fastened with bronze caps. It grants the wielder a bonus to divination and enchantment, and public speaking. It also gains a bonus to damage against all other creatures when wielded by a goblin, or against goblins when wielded by any other creature.
>>
>>44015931
What happens if a player loses ownership of the property?
>>
Racket Maker

A quarterstaff made by a bard named Harick that wanted a staff that makes music. He messed up making it so the "music" was godawful wailing and could not be silenced even with magic but he could not be silenced either. The town's people finding his music and singing really irritating decided to beat him to death Harick having enough of a brain to see that his life was in danger went to hide only to discover that the stick made it very hard to hide. Harick corner tried to battle the mob where he and the mob found that the stick's noise could hurt whatever the stick hit but in the end he discover that while to he was immune to the spell silence he was not immune to other spells. The walking stick was thought to be destroyed along with Harick.
>>
>>44016084
Hasnt come up yet, but that's an excellent question. I've been avoiding the topic because I'm not sure how I want to handle it. It might simply stop functioning, cause them to take penalties, or the new owner of the property could be considered to be "wielding" it.

Every noble and monarch has one since they own so much land, but I am open to ideas or suggestions.
>>
>>43986014
The Shadow Mark Mask
A wrought iron mask carved with intricate designs. Wearing it causes shadows to emit light and sources of light to emit darkness. Was utilized in ancient rites of communion with humanity's shadows before an accord was met and they became passive. Grants a bonus to communication checks with incorporeal undead and perception to find hidden creatures. However, the longer it is worn, the more the magic rubs off on the wearer, and they soon begin to become a shadow themselves. This grants numerous advantages, but the more they become like a shadow, the more rules of the accord they are bound to.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 363x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 363x405
A sword that imparts unmatched skill and power onto its wielder. However, this power is locked by 1000 puzzles that the wielder must complete.
>>
>>44016414
I'd say just have them lose their powers until they either reclaim the property or rebury their Jar.
>>
>>44016595
Isn't Excalibur's thing in Soul Eater that he's really vain, annoying and incredibly stingy about his wielders because they have to adhere to his precise standards? That's not really a puzzle.
>>
>>44016722
More or less, didn't want to do a wholesale rip.
>>
In the story I was writing, once the main character gained some divine favor they gained a magical sword called the Lotus that had 8 different abilities depending on the user's emotional state. I later transferred this to a campaign where the sword changed forms based on this.

>Confusion, panic, fear
The sword, when slashed, would pass through everything harmlessly. The slash would then appear in a different location where willed and would slash there, instead. The location was within line of sight and couldn't go through some tough armor.

>Tenacity, determination
A personal shield was projected that could block anything as long as you didn't move. Had a long cooldown, though.

>Hyperactivity, action, fun
The blade emitted a special frequency that messed with the heads of enemies.

>Faith, helpless, praying
The blade projected a long-range spear of light that, when used to pierce someone or something, had two spikes emitted from the side, in the shape of a cross.

>Wonder, amazement
Had no combat ability but granted the user great insight. Used to the party's advantage in combat during puzzle bosses where they needed to spot something.

>Passion, lust
Numerous semi-cognitive fiery bats were projected and able to be controlled. The sword was also fiery.

>Love
Depends on the user and their loves. The party member who used it loved drinking, so the sword made the user incredibly drunk and granted great bonuses to combat ability.

>Devotion, zealousy, obsession
Didn't get used much. The sword turned into an angel (a-la-JJBA Stand) whose voice harmed anyone who heard it proportionate to the amount of sin they've committed, sin being relative to the user.

It had some great fluff in my story.
>>
My dad told me once about a D&D game he was in when he was at university (which places it back in the 1e days) where his dwarf found a ring which could cast lightning bolt at will. This was of course phenomenally powerful for the low-level party, but it had the unfortunate drawback that when you used it, you also rolled a d20 and consulted a table drawn up by the DM to determine which part of you fell off - the table skewed mainly to fingers and toes, so it was unlikely to be lethal. Judicious use of lightning saved the party from doom on many occasions, but sadly the dwarf perished the last time he tried to use it when his torso fell off.
>>
Eye of Heironeous-

Long story short, I tried making an edgelord warlock who repented of being an asshole and resolved to only hunt down evil assholes. A priest demanded he take out an eye as proof he was sincere. We got this stuck in his socket.

It functioned like a normal eye, except it could detect evil at will and gave the warlock a bonus to see through illusions caused by evil creatures. More importantly, it served as a badge signifying that he wasn't evil at the very least- otherwise the eye would burn out his head.

Our rogue got a dagger designed to trap children's souls and digest them slowly for combat bonuses. His reaction was to get it destroyed asap, freeing a soul almost completely destroyed. He was much more pleased with the generic +3 dagger a priest gave him in thanks.

In regards to the asshole who made the dagger, we hunted him down and made his skull into a chamberpot that destroyed waste.
>>
Here's some oddities and peculiarities that have come into my possession one way or another.

>Ventriloquist Boots
When walking in these somewhat clunky boots, your footsteps sound as if they're coming from somewhere else within about ten yards. A talented ventriloquist will have control over where the footsteps appear to be coming from.

>Hidden Hand Bracelet
When you put this bracelet on your wrist, your hand disappears, leaving behind a stump. Take it off, and your hand reappears. Where your hand goes, nobody knows, but sometimes it comes back wet, or covered in scars, or muddy. The former owner said his hand once returned to him clutching a sword.

>The Bottomless Chamberpot
This chamberpot requires no cleaning or emptying, because any feces or urine put into it disappears without a trace. Other items placed into the bottomless chamberpot simply fill it as normal. The previous owner claims to have sometimes heard burping sounds from the chamberpot, but I've never had those problems. I have a theory that the waste goes to the Plane of Excrement, where it forms excrementals.

>Bat Wing Ring
When the magic word is spoken, this little black ring sprouts bat wings. The wings aren't very strong, but can grants a creature like a halfling or a gnome limited flight. Unfortunately, the bat wing ring has a nasty habit of sometimes slipping off its owner's finger and flying off without them, but I assure you, it isn't as common a problem as you might think. Really.

Wait, where are you going? I have more wares! I have swords with pluses on them! Discounts for survivors of the Temple of Elemental Evil!
>>
Not magic, but special to me
Fallout 4 Junk Jet I've renamed "Yorick's Revenge". I fire exclusively human skulls.
>>
>>43986014

>Fabio the Fabulous Flambard.

A a charismatic sword-singer who had a knack for flashy performances and combat decided to before he died seal his soul into his finest work, an enchanted flambard long-sword.

He will scold the player if he isn't flashy enough in combat while also taking into account combat efficiency.

At times he will give great advice but mostly he will want his wielder to be fabulous like him.

The sword has a 4d6 fire damage enchantment on it.
Counts as a +2 long-sword.
And grants the user a +2 on his charisma.
Once per short rest it can create a 5d10 fire explosion on hit.

The valor bard and paladin nearly ripped them selves apart for it making the paladin fall and the valor bard dying by the paladins hand.

It's ironic that the red dragon sorc was the only level headed one and didn't get greedy and so the sword acknowledged him as his new owner.
>>
>>43986014
A magical strapon of dickgirl transformation.

That campaign was different.
>>
>>44018321
Sounds like the boring parts of /d/.
>>
>>44016595
>thousand pages of sudoku
>>
File: 1434262565346.jpg (307 KB, 1280x941) Image search: [Google]
1434262565346.jpg
307 KB, 1280x941
>>43986014
Here's a collection of stuff my group and I have put together over the last two years (and running!) of my Magical Burst campaign. A number of things are arbitrarily priced, most cribbed off the SCP database in some fashion, others nabbed from threads like this one, and the rest of our own design.

Enjoy.

http://pastebin.com/gdELqk0a
>>
>>43986014
Poke.
>>
>>43987113
This happened just this past friday for me. DM was running last session of the semester (finals week next week), so to send us off, he had everyone boost up to level 15, with the appropriate 200,000 gp that you're supposed to have by then. Shit got really dumb, really quick. Bard slapped on every CHA and diplomacy boost possible, I snagged a Ring of Time Stop, one guy got a Robe of the Archmage and some other goodies, it was a whole crazy affair. Ended up fighting several armies, and a Demigod
>>
One item that's popped up in 4 different games in my uni playgroup has been a magical Wooden Pocketwatch. Never really had a name, and more often than not, it wasn't used for anything. First showed up in the pockets of some Cosmic Destroyer Slenderman kind of guy who had stopped time, and offered us a free ride into the next universe, as this one had run out of time. My druid decides that the watch must be some important part of the plan, and casts Metal to Wood (or whatever the spell is called) on it. The spell works in turning it to wood, but doesn't end the effect. We decide we'd rather take our chances in the next universe than fighting this guy, and agree. Next campaign, completely different characters, mostly same group. First session, player who took the watch feel's something in new character's pockets. Small Wooden Pocketwatch, no idea how it got there. That thing has been part of all sorts of schemes and has shown up inside Dwarven beards, Necromancer rituals, and at one point a Nature God. It doesn't really do anything (including tell the time, since it's wooden), but it's neat
>>
Wow, I would've figured this thread would have died.

>>43994213
I have a list of items I've statted out for 3.x D&D, and I was just, for that one guy, grabbing anything that's simple, useful if a bit niche, and fairly cheap(<10k gp) and explaining it in layman's terms.

The list is fairly long, and ranges in prices from about 1,000 gp to hundreds of thousands, organized by price, with a separate section for single-use items.
>>
>>43986014
I threw an old favorite of mine that I've never gotten to put in a game before into the loot for my D&D game's next dungeon.

It's an enchanted/cursed ring made from adamantine that grants resistance to cold & fire damage, but all damage that spills past the resistance is doubled.
>>
The Volkswagen

My favorite character ever was a necromancer in a Weird West game. Early on in the campaign we had come across a mad scientist who was using human body parts to create Frankensteinian machine-men monstrosities. We managed to take him out and promptly take up residence in his evil lair, which was equipped with a magically-refrigerated body part storage chamber.

We needed an all-terrain vehicle to carry our loot in, so my necromancer cobbled together a horrifying ATV out of a wagon base and a bunch of legs. He was able to mentally command it with his necromantic puppetry skills. It served us well. Since he was German and it was a wagen made of volks, well, we called a spade a spade.
>>
>>43992197
>There is this long, big scarf one of my characters has, which has threads of something responsive to the ki arts he employs. It functions like a controllable whip and can stiffen/soften according to needs, while it sends erosive waves of ki through its target.

Looks like your character got Lisa Lisa's scarf then?
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.