[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Somewhere in the future, I want to run a solo campaign about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1424589745029.jpg (192 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1424589745029.jpg
192 KB, 1024x819
Somewhere in the future, I want to run a solo campaign about Byzantine/Roman elves as a sort of "prequel" to a campaign I'm running right now. This game would also include a few battles with the PC acting as some sort of centurion, commanding a small group of men as we zoom in on a small portion of the battle field.

The system that will be used for most of the game is D&D 5e. Is there a way to do the above with it? If not, what system could be used exclusively for these battles in some two-system hybrid monstrosity game?

Pic related: guaranteed replies.
>>
File: 1380212248598.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1380212248598.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>43924978
>roman
> elves
>>
>>43924978
DnD can't do mass battles without it being 90% DM rolling dice against themself or just straight up fiat.

Look at how Fate or Savage Worlds does mass battles.

>roman elves
It probably wouldn't change much. Emporeres would still get murdered, barbarians would still flood the empire

>pic related
Would slap my dick on the scales and say vae victus\10
>>
I'm running a game with byzantine elves present.

They never shut the fuck up about being superior to everyone, how ossum their empire was ruling the known world and how their capital is the city of the worlds desire. They also betrayed and killed their best general who came THIS close to restoring their old glory because they are a bunch reactionary, backstabbing fucks who splintered into themas. All vying to be Empress, completely oblivious how their even their rump empire is crashing and burning around them, getting invaded by humans ostensibly en route to fight the orcs.
>>
File: 1445299545346.jpg (477 KB, 608x846) Image search: [Google]
1445299545346.jpg
477 KB, 608x846
>>43925802
>All vying to be Empress
Are they a matriarchy? Absolutely delicious
>>
>>43925965

Not as a iron rule but custom, just because the Old Empire was a matriarchy. This of course ensured entire lines of immensely capable male heirs getting passed over for girls, a steady supply of civil wars over dowry, and deaths in childbirth and disgruntled generals rising up or defecting, which of course led to even more shunning of men.

Plus the entire setting was more of a gritty war story than fetishes and waifus.
>>
>>43924978
>Green eyes
>Blonde
>Out of formation
>Titplate with segmented armor
>In the Legion
I don't think that's accurate, though... did the Romans lust after barbarian women given how ugly their own women were? I mean that's got to be why they conquered so much, to find a waifu right?
>>
>>43925069
Why do people act like DM fiat is a bad thing? It's part of the rules. "If shit as written doesn't fit what you're doing, please please please don't get stuck on it, make it easy."
>>
>>43926354
GM pride
>>
>>43924978
Somewhere in the future, Japanese people will learn to draw feet.
>>
>>43926313
To an extent.

If you did your time in the Legions you could settle down in the conquered land, take a wife, usually a local, and start a family as a villa owning gentleman.

This meant that the empire had to be ever aggressive to pay for all the pensions.
>>
>>43926313
>did the Romans lust after barbarian women given how ugly their own women were?
You know how nowadays everyone dyes their hair blonde? In the Roman Republic it was the other way around: blonde hair was seen as a sign of savagery and prostitution, so blonde Romans usually dyed their hair a darker color. Of course this changed in late Rome as they became more barbarian in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond#Southern_Europe
>>
File: not!Rome.png (2 MB, 760x1192) Image search: [Google]
not!Rome.png
2 MB, 760x1192
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.