[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does playing with attractive people instead of gross neckbeards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: meh_cat.jpg (42 KB, 300x371) Image search: [Google]
meh_cat.jpg
42 KB, 300x371
Does playing with attractive people instead of gross neckbeards make games more enjoyable?
>>
>>43921909

The kinds of people who skimp on personal hygiene and appearance are generally not the most sociable or enjoyable kinds of people.
>>
>>43921909
Attractive people make everything better.
>>
>>43921909
I wouldn't know, I've never played with gross neckbeards. Contrary to popular opinion, alot of people who are into non-warhammer 40k RPG games aren't actually basement dwelling grognards. I happen to play mostly with a college gaming group, and they're pretty chill.
>>
>>43921990
Rekt
>>
>>43921909
Playing with my rugby team was surely nice.
Sempai is pretty attractive
>>
I wouldn't know as I've never played with either. There have been a few who were just above average and a few who were fat but most everyone in all the groups I've been in have been just normal, average-looking people. I honestly have trouble believing this stereotypical neckbeard actually exists in such numbers as /tg/ would suggest.
>>
>>43921909
Well, saying they're "gross" inherently states that there's something really offensive about their presence. I mean, there's a big difference between hanging out with an ugly motherfucker and someone that smells like swamp-ass.
>>
>>43921909
If you mean does playing with confident, easy-going, or socially competent make games more enjoyable then...yes....yes of fucking course.
>>
>>43922137
this
>>
Nah, play with strictly average people. Less distracting. Likely less intimidating.
>>
>>43921909
Just play through voice-chat over skype.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: shrek-thumb.jpg (20 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
shrek-thumb.jpg
20 KB, 160x160
>>43922533
>someone that smells like swamp-ass
>>
>>43921909
Don't know about game groups, but when a TV show only has pretty people, it bugs me.

For example, the Flash and Arrow TV series ( and soon to be
Legends of Tommorow.) Its hard to feel they all experience grit and sorrow when everybody looks like a supermodel.
>>
File: feathers.jpg (42 KB, 508x638) Image search: [Google]
feathers.jpg
42 KB, 508x638
>>43921909

I'm the grossest neckbeard in my group. I'm a 6/10, the constant GM, and 75% of my group is girls.
>>
Yes. Attractive people make everything they're involved in better.
>>
>>43922137
>I honestly have trouble believing this stereotypical neckbeard actually exists in such numbers as /tg/ would suggest.
Like most terrible stereotypes I think it's just that the ones who do exist are a lot more memorable.
>>
If you are not filtering throught TCP/IP.
Or PCP.
>>
>>43923374
>¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please go back to fucking reddit and take your memes with you.
>>
Thing is about attractiveness is a lot of it comes down to hygiene, grooming, exercise and some basic fashion and social skills. People who take care of themselves and care even a little what others think of them are going to be better RPers as they naturally care about the other people at the table's experience as well as having fun themselves.

>>43921909
>>43921970
>>43923308
>>43923570
So yes.
>>
>>43921909
>Does playing with attractive people instead of gross neckbeards make games more enjoyable?
Let's just put it this way.

The people who don't give a fuck about shaving and showering are usually also those who don't give a fuck about participating in games beyond >living out some fetish/murderhoboing, which makes them >43921960 fairly unpleasant to play with.

Innate attractiveness is one thing, but personal care can and does enhance it a lot. Looking good is a courtesy to those around you. Why would I play with rude people?

So basically, I don't care if you're a potato face, but PLEASE be a shaved potato face.
>>43923374
>Just play through voice-chat over skype.
The basic ineptitude stays the same.
>>43922137
>I honestly have trouble believing this stereotypical neckbeard actually exists in such numbers as /tg/ would suggest.
They exist, just primarily in TCGs and the wargame scene.

RPG players seem to have a much smaller percentage of scummy looking motherfuckers, though for some reason there seems to be an unwritten convention that the guys need to bald early while the girls have some weird affinity to dyeing their hair or wearing tacky as fuck scarves.
>>
>>43921909
I guess that depends on what you mean by "gross neckbeard". Many role-gamers aren't particularly stylish and may have a slightly disheveled appearance (including stubble or beards that haven't been neatly trimmed), but that's no big deal. You're pretty superficial if that kind of thing turns you against somebody (and honestly, I'd rather not have to deal with folks who care that much about appearance). Of course, it's a different story if somebody is smelly, or looks like they live under an a bridge, but those folks tend to be a relatively small, if memorable minority.
>>
>>43925116
>shaving and showering
Those are two very different things. I can't stand being dirty, greasy, or smelly, take frequent showers, and almost compulsively wash my hands. Girls I interact with on a casual basis have told me I smell good on many occasions (which I guess is a combination of my hair conditioner and going heavy on the deodorant, since I only use a touch of cologne in potentially bad-smelling places: socks and underwear). But I typically shave only once every two or three days. Some of that is due to laziness, but a combination of sensitive skin and neck that's tricky to shave well mean that doing it too often is uncomfortable.
>>
>>43925024
Thank you, brave knight, for keeping our prestigious image board clean of visualizations representing the poster's disposition.

Truly we'd be notably off without the emoticon police. I thank you for your service.
>>
>>43921909
Assuming the neckbeards have proper personal hygiene: no. Attractive people (read: attractive women) are some of the most dull people you'll ever meet, as they cruise through life based simply on their looks. Ugly women are only marginally better.

>>43922533
Good point
>>
File: 1446012519107.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446012519107.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>43921909
Yes, definitely.

>>43921960
This.

Not only that, even you are nice, it doesn't matter, if you fucking stink and look like shit you're just an awful person to be around by default. You offend two senses before you even open your mouth.

It's not that fucking hard to clean yourself up like fuck.

It honestly some times ruins tabletop gaming for me. When I go to play public games, and half the room is putting out so much BO you can smell it out the door it makes me seriously question my life decisions.
>>
File: MartianSocial.jpg (96 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
MartianSocial.jpg
96 KB, 900x470
>>43923408
>Don't know about game groups, but when a TV show only has pretty people, it bugs me.
NASA would get a lot more funding if their astronauts were as telegenic as the ones on this mission.
>>
>>43926304
>the bottom row
>tfw you're the best looking one at your school in Ohio and everybody says you should go into acting
>tfw in LA you're the "mousy average type"
>>
>>43926352
Don't fuck around with acting unless you want to sell your soul just to be in a commercial. Find something fulfilling that you can get paid for.
>>
>>43923482
>6./10
>gross

You realise this makes you above average right.
>>
>>43926383
Oh, I know. I'm a set lighting guy.
>>
>>43922027
Don't make it weird in the scrum, anon.
>>
>>43922027
Rugby players are faggots I FUCKING KNEW IT.
>>
>>43922027
>>43927160
>>43927320
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTpXymuwxNs
>>
>>43926609
I think he was
>implying
that the composition of his group was more attractive than average.
>>
>>43921909
No, because I'd hate being the only gross neckbeard in the group.
>>
>>43921909
Depends on what comes out of their mouths.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 540x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 540x418
>>43922027
>tfw other gay anons on /tg/
>>
>>43921909
Not even a troll thread, more of a depressing truth thread.

Don't get those every day.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.