[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG Trade & Finance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151014_172505.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151014_172505.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
What are you guys thinking or speculating?

Do you think the Colorless required Eldrazi will be enough to be played in Modern over the slightly more easily cast ones? Considering it's mainly Urzatron running them, I don't think it would be an issue. If they're strictly better than the entirely generic mana cost Eldrazi, they'll be run, and if not, they won't be. If they are, maybe painlands will spike in price?

Also, something I've been considering is if pucatrade could affect MtGO pricing. They're about to roll out real world to online trading - obviously right now pretty much everything online is worthless with the horrible new redemption system. However if pucatrade was a valid way of cashing out of one format into the other, I could see MtGO prices possibly slowly rise? Probably not for chaff commons the bots have millions of, but of playable rares. I don't think the platform is big enough to put a chip into the pricing, but idk.

Also, why are the majority of people on pucatrade man children? The platform is great but half of the users are all caps, very aggressive I know MtG is for manchildren but c'mon.
>>
MTGO prices are kept cheap due to a constant source of drafting pouring cards into the market. This on top of one player only ever needing 4 of a single card to fit all of their decks means that prices will always be way cheaper than paper Magic.

Pucatrade is also pretty useless now that fakes have begun to circulate their way into the market.
>>
>>43918769
I think fakes only truly affect high value rares. It's not like $5 rares are being faked at high enough rates to drive prices down or anything. They'll just make fake FoWs.
>>
>>43918809
True, but the biggest advantage of pucca trade was trading up your standard stuff and low cost cards into legacy staples and opening you to a wider potential of people willing to trade those staples rather than the 1 dude at your FLGS
>>
>>43918926
I agree, and I think bots are going to kill it. They're actively encouraging it, and I honestly think it's just going to become a shitty TCGplayer where you have to buy Microsoft points to play, but the bots and large volume sellers will try and sell you them on paypal at a discount. I truly think, at least in the US and Canada, it'll die as a worthwhile avenue - people probably will still use it, it'll just have a shitty rep (lots of people still buy from Troll and Toad)

I still think its great for commander and low value uncommons and the like (my playset of your charms for your playset of charms, essentially), but I haven't been sent or sent off a playable over $5 yet and I've probably traded 100 cards on there already.
>>
Pucatrade is useless for people outside of Northern America.

Nobody wants to pay shipping for small trades, and then the entire point of having a system where you can trade lots of small stuff for a few expensive cards is gone.
>>
>>43918693
the new kozelik is worse than ulmaog or the original kozelik. i think the ulmalog from bfz is the best eldrazi to run in modern tron
>>
>>43919316
Speaking of Pucatrade, how long does it generally take for cards to be shipped across the world? I'm an asianfag new to Pucatrade and I have been waiting for my cards from these americans for more than a week now, does it really take so long?
>>
>>43924486
Australiafag here, anything from America takes around two or three weeks through regular mail.
>>
>>43925592
thanks for the info bruv
>>
>>43918693
Honestly, Im just waiting for Shadows over innistrad before I start speculating.

BFZ has been utter unredeemable shit. Converge has been the most terrible mechanic which limits many cards to wedge decks to maximize potential. With this in mind and the shitty newlands in OTG, I can predict that this'll basically be what snowlands were to coldsnap.
>>
>>43930235
>I can predict that this'll basically be what snowlands were to coldsnap.

So very expensive? If you were smart you'd get as many as you can get, especially foils
>>
>>43930275
not really. They're gonna be dirt cheap because everyones going to be buying them for the other fetches in OTG. Furthermore they'll be harder to sell once they rotate outside of standard because they're literally used for nothing else
>>
>>43930530
They're usable in commander so will have a constant demand

Also you're grossly exaggerating the weakness of bfz; khans was a minimirrodin for standard and bfz is far from a kamigawa; if it wasnt that the new block system lead to so many packs opened the prices would absolutely rise as standard stabilized in power level. Bfz could be paired fine with innistrad so assuming the power level is similar for the return post khans standard will be fine (dragons has way fewer standard playables than bfz)
>>
>>43918693
Stop treating a card game like a stock market you shitty child

You're the reason that hasbro/wotc is hanging themselves with the reserved list
>>
>>43933477
It's not a children's game.
The box says 13+.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.