[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wmhg/ warmahordes general, BANEZ are underpowered edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 23
File: banez.jpg (235 KB, 1000x508) Image search: [Google]
banez.jpg
235 KB, 1000x508
new thread time!

warmachine/hordes general.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <DOT> com / 5rkfo
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
> https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
> https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
> http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
> http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
> http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
> http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged: http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://ironkingdoms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Privateer Press hates Cryx so much that they gave every other army access to easy one wound infantry removal. As long as the Sacral Vault exists, no Cryx player will ever take Banes.
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.jpg (47 KB, 302x326) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.jpg
47 KB, 302x326
>>43908691
>>
>>43908691
you cant spell cryx without cry
>>
Hello, gitz. I've got a eDoomy or pAngus trollblood army. Haven't played in eight months. Go on my favorite wargames news site, see a the new Glacier King, now I've got to ask some questions. Is it everything the Mountain King should've been or really underwhelming like the other colossal? Is it still better to just take two EBDTs?
Any pics of its stats yet?
>>
File: 1442339499451.gif (8 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1442339499451.gif
8 MB, 720x720
>>43909093
Have you considered checking the OP?
>>
>>43908691
Wut? There has always been easy 1w removeal. Doom reavers have been in the game from the start and are super easy removeal
>>
>>43908691
Not sure if troll or just retarded.
>>
>>43908691
Look at it this way, Cryx started mk2 at a crazy high power level and the rest of the factions are finally catching up. Even with every faction possessing answers to Cryx it's still the best faction in the game
>>
>>43909280
>Cryx

that's not how you spell trolls But cryx is very much dominant.

i'd say RIGHT NOW, trolls have the edge over cryx. goddamn glacier king aoe knockdown bullshit keeps his ass safe from most cryx armies.
>>
>>43909437
I don't think you know what you're talking about. Cryx wrecks Trolls, always have, ways will. The Glacier King is pretty good and will see play but if you're playing Cryx and the Troll player drops a Glacier King list you pretty much auto win.

Also, the gun on the King isn't an aoe
>>
>>43909499
Well Cryx can wreck Trolls because they have the Blood Hag and Superior numbers.

I personally would like if Cryx had gotten toned down instead of everything getting brought up to its level. Cryx broke the numbers, I'd like to keep numbers normal.
>>
>>43909572
I sincerely believe that it's too late now though.

I'm starting to see tournies as more like work than like fun anymore. I think the "I go, you go" combined with how stupid powerful everything feels just drains too much from me.

Am I alone in this?
>>
>>43909572
Cryx wrecks Trolls because they have crazy high damage output and murder high value targets. Trolls is nothing but high value models

>>43909621
Not sure what you mean. The amount of fun you have is going to vary depending on meta and opponents. If people in your area are dicks you won't have fun.
>>
>>43909677
>The amount of fun you have is going to vary depending on meta and opponents.
>tfw only nice players in a ~300km radius
Amazing.
>>
>>43909696
Don't know what to tell you of your meta sucks. Maybe don't play with those guys?
>>
>>43909621
I never played in a tourney-level competitive meta, so I wouldn't know. Reading through these threads, I don't know if it's just that I'm part of the silent majority, or if my local meta is somehow aberrant as fuck. Either way we like to run "narrative" games with forces based around themes or that make sense rather than just go balls-to-the-wall with character restricted two list tournament formats for casual games.

Believe it or not, but WarmaHordes can be fun as a beer and pretzels game. Which isn't to say the people who play competitively are doing it wrong, you enjoy the game the way you like it, just that I feel the focus tends to be on high level play all the time.
>>
>>43909717
Ahm. Quite the opposite. Meta's damn good around here.
>>
>>43909734
People on the internet really like to complain. They bitch so much that pretty minor stuff looks like a huge problem. The games not perfect, but it's not as broken as the whiners and trolls would have you believe either.

Your meta sounds pretty normal to me.

>>43909745
Then why did you complain about it? Don't bitch about problems that don't exist
>>
>>43909807
>Then why did you complain about it? Don't bitch about problems that don't exist
You do know that "Anonymous" is not an account name and can refer to any person using this site, right?

>but it's not as broken as the whiners and trolls would have you believe either
Yeah, that's what people on here tend to forget. I still prefer this place to the PP forums, but to potential new players it can seem pretty terrible.
>>
File: FEEL.png (229 KB, 386x349) Image search: [Google]
FEEL.png
229 KB, 386x349
>>43909807
Yeah that anon was me. I suppose my honeymoon period after being shafted by GW is over.

I loved how what I did actually felt like it mattered, but the retaliation and devastation of feats and super units is just a bit too much for me.

I'm going to take the Ozmachine route and not say the game is broken, but I'm probably going to take a breather from the game. It means one less player in a small meta, but in the end this is just plastic army doods.

I am probably taking it too seriously and need to chill off.
>>
File: tumblr_nlr0p0kaAV1rca6b7o1_1280.png (750 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlr0p0kaAV1rca6b7o1_1280.png
750 KB, 1000x750
>>43909983
>I am probably taking it too seriously and need to chill off.
Lots of people on the internet have this problem. It's just a game, you aren't playing for money, and you're never going to WMW.

Just relax guys
>>
>>43909499
>I don't think you know what you're talking about.

go look at the last tourney.. top 5 armies.. oh look all trolls.
>>
>>43910043
You mean WMW? No Trolls in the top 5
>>
>>43910043
That's a weird way of spelling Cryx.
>>
>>43910043

I need to remind everyone that WMW invitational is not representative of the actual meta.
>>
>>43910043
>the last tourney
You're going to have to be more specific than that. There's like one tourney every week if you're looking at every place where the game is played worldwide.
>>
>>43910088
Also true
>>
>>43910106
>There's like one tourney every week if you're looking at every place where the game is played worldwide.
There's way more than that even.
>>
>>43910020
Not necessarily related but one of the biggest problems I've had with MTG and Warmachine is that people only seem to come to events I organize if there is a significant store credit payout.

If the game is so great, then why do I need a carrot on a stick for you folks to show up?

Not accusing TG or the national meta as a whole, since this is all meta dependent. Some folk just accept it as "this is the way it's always been" but I was asked to increase participation dues to 15 dollars from 5 because the "payout wasn't high enough" and that really rustled my jimmies!!
>>
>>43910268
Because I have shit to do on a Saturday and there needs to be a reason to put on pants and go out. Some folks have to drive a long way for events so it needs to be worth it

Most people get plenty of pick up games on regular game nights
>>
>>43910268
Isn't that how everything works, though? The more there's in it for them, the more people will show up. As a moderate fighting game player, I can tell you that while there will always be people to show up for fighting game nights, when there are actually prize pots involved attendance always jumps.
>>
So am I imagining Cephalyx correctly as Allah Ackbar zombies?

It's like having an army of Shredders. Single shot high powered melee missiles. That can also explode
>>
>>43910681
Eh, kind of. Except with considerably less recursion than, say, Cryx so you need to be a bit careful when and how you decide to burn your drudges. Mostly they're a PUNCH YOU SO GODDAMN HARD IN YOUR FUCKING FACE faction. They really like punching brick walls.
>>
>>43910845

Yeah seriously. The thing that gets me is that sending off 3 adrenaline rushed agitated slaver drudges isn't that they're all pow 19 and Mat 11, it's that all the damage is boosted too.
>>
>>43911124
This is what happens when you have an army of victim stats and no pathfinder
>>
>>43911139

Yeah and then they gave them Onslaught, lel
>>
>>43911296
It was needed, but Cyphon is such a confused Warcaster. He has no idea what he wants to do
>>
>>43911426

He's straight up damage with a bit of control with breath stealer. Great warmachine drop.
>>
>>43911492
He's a shitty monstrosity caster though. Outside of his feat he doesn't have any way to support more than two of them
>>
>>43911558

One wrecker on his feat and agitated will do 53.5 damage to an arm 19 colossal and 38.5 damage to an arcane shielded Stormwall. He really doesn't need more than two wreckers and a warden.
>>
WhyCantIHoldAllOfTheseDrudges.jpg

Cognifex Cyphon - WJ: +6
- Warden - PC: 6
- Wrecker - PC: 7
- Wrecker - PC: 7

Cephalyx Agitator - PC: 2

Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges - Bender & 9 Drudge Grunts: 6
Cephalyx Mind Slaver & Drudges - Mercenaries - Mind Slaver & 9 Grunts: 6
Cephalyx Mind Slaver & Drudges (Theme) - Slaver & 5 Drudge Grunts: 0
>>
I haven't played in awhile. Are the new all in ones worth getting?
>>
>>43911722

Make em all minimum units. Same points, more Cephalyx casters
>>
>>43911819
I can't afford that many Drudges
>>
>>43911845

It's actually less drudges, more Cephalyx. Can just use Overlords as the unit leaders for the drudgea you already have
>>
>>43911815

They're all good buys, especially if you get them on discount
>>
>>43911924
Cool. I play Legion, but I was hoping to get into Mercs. Since there's no merc box, I guess I'll go with Legion. I have pAbby and pLilith. Do they play well with the box? Lilith I'd imagine more than Abby because of the Swordsmen.
>>
>>43912180
The all in one contains swordsmen? TOP KEK!!

I think it comes with legionaires which are super good. Swordsmen are also good just trickier to get to the thick of it.
>>
>>43911426
He wants to dictate melee.

Exulon is the anti gun drop and cyphon is the anti melee drop.
>>
>>43912221
Saeryn & Rhyas, Talons of Everblight
Nephilim Bloodseer
Zuriel
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen
Blighted Swordsmen Abbot & Champion

HORDES Primal MkII
Legion Tokens

Also includes a digital copy of "Mutagenesis"!
>>
>>43912221
Oh god its even better. It's saeryn with all the beasts!! That box is amazing!!
>>
>>43912274
Oh its the starter bundles. That's cool too. Some nice utility pieces and a really fun Warcaster.

Swordsmen are the new sculpts too which is a godsend because the old nyss were derpy af.
>>
File: 1440618472167.jpg (195 KB, 1600x1205) Image search: [Google]
1440618472167.jpg
195 KB, 1600x1205
>>43911909
>Can just use Overlords as the unit leaders for the Drudges you already have
>Not tourney leagal
>>
>>43912332
It's the 25point bundle, the starter bundle is a battlebox with paint and shit.

Does that 25point play well with pLilith or pAbby?
>>
>>43912452

Literally

100% tourniefag legal now

It's exactly WYSIWYG weapon wise and made of 100% privateer press material.
>>
>>43912886
Proxies are not ok, conversions are
>>
>>43913043

But it is a conversion, not a proxy. It's a permanent representation of the intended model.

It's literally the same model but in a different pose. An opponent wouldn't even notice when it's surrounded by the appropriate drudges and I personally saw much more agregious substitutes play at Lock and Load with actual Privateer TOs
>>
>>43912886
>>43913043
>>43913107
This is quite literally "check with tournament organizer beforehand, they have the final word" kind of a thing.
>>
>>43913142

It's something that wouldn't (and doesn't) come up because nobody even notices.

Seriously, I can't even imagine someone noticing that I used an overlord as my Mind bender leader and then getting fussy over it, especially since everythings painted
>>
>>43913206

>excuse me, my opponents Cephalyx is pointing instead of folding his hands in front of him, can you DQ him please?
>>
>>43913206
>>43913107
You have clearly never had proper rules enforcement at your local events. Go at with the big boys sometime and watch as this shit gets shot down

Also, look up the difference between a conversion and a proxy
>>
>>43913331

yeah Lock and Load doesn't have proper rules enforcement. Okay.
>>
>>43913331

I don't think you actually play this game
>>
>>43913372
No, I'm saying you're full of shit or you think Iron Arena is going you have rules enforcement.
>>
>>43913428

I invite you to go get the TO at Masters and do this >>43913268

Go ahead.
>>
>>43913492
I've been a TO at Masters at L&L and I was called for that. Dude was dqed.

Same thing happens at smaller events too
>>
>>43913554

You don't need to lie in the shittiest general on /tg/
>>
>>43913602
Ok, go to an event and get kicked out. It's always pretty funny and people like the round 1 wins
>>
>>43913602
we dont even need outside fags to come in a shitpost, we do it ourselves
>>
>>43913640
What does a buy even count as in pts?
>>
>>43913640

Guess those two scatter gunners in my boomhowlers have actually made me DQ'd from every tournament I beought Mercs to for the past half decade, and nobody even told me.

Although I would love proof that you were TO of anything in Bellevue since that means I know your name and now know you shitpost here.
>>
>>43913206
My only concern from across the table, would be if the guy was keeping his actual overlords near the unit leaders. Although, with cephalyx, that's already confusing.
>>
>>43913736
Dude plenty of seattle people shitpost here.

I should know
>>
>>43913689
It counts a win

>>43913736
Good job not getting caught I guess? I'll keep an eye out for Boomhowler stuff next time around.

Also I'm not from Bellevue, but good try.
>>
>>43913737

Pretty much. The rule about proxies is mostly to avoid confusion and if there aren't any overlords on the table, it shouldn't even make a difference

>>43913846

Yeah tell me about it. I found out /whfb/ was essentially just everyone else in my store shitposting

Fuckin redmond
>>
>>43912768
Both want more beasts... So they don't play all that well.

pLylyth would fix the trouble that Nyss Swordsmen have hitting though.
Zuriel is a nice assassin piece with major infantry control.

But aside from that you won't get super synergy of the more fine tuned lists you will become accustomed to seeing.
>>
>>43913640
>>43913331

This attitude is why I'm glad warmachine is dying
>>
>>43913917
Well, it is games and gizmos and we love to call everything shit
>>
>>43913988
It's dying or remained flat everywhere else except the PNW and the Tri State area.

This is known.
>>
>>43913992

I like how the options for Seattle are Normie/tweenville in Card Kingdom/Mox or the magical realm of G&G. And all three manage to be shit communities

I miss 2010-11 era Gamma Ray Games
>>
>>43914119

>Card Kingdom

Circle around trying to find parking for an hour before getting set up to play just in time for an Unsupervised 11 year old to spill his soda all over your models.

>Mox

Find parking immediately across the street so you can spend the whole evening stomping normies who can't play

>Games and gizmos

Hey do you want to play?
>no

How about you-
>nope

Anyone?
>...
>>
>>43913922
Hrm. Alright. I am pretty heavy on beasts (Battlebox + Scythe, Typhon, Angel, 2 more Shredders, and 2 stingers. All metal). The only infantry I have is a forsaken and a shepherd. I'm looking to either expand or start something new. Should I grab this box or maybe something else?
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 600x440
Lightning grenades?
>>
>>43913331

>this entire post

Holy shit people like this actually exist
>>
>>43914585
>Implying this isn't how big events are played and juged
>>
>>43914119
Apparently there's heroic knight games but apparently the owner refuses to run any events
>>
>>43914659

It's not the rules, it's the condescending tone coming from someone who plays with metal toy soldiers
>>
>>43914696
>hownew.jpg
welcome to /tg/

Enjoy your stay. Lurk moar, make sure quests have the word quest in the title so people can filter it out. Use the catalog
>>
>>43914758

Tbf family most other shitty threads on /tg/ arent shitposted in by actual employees of the company that owns the game in question
>>
>>43914793
TOs are not employees.
>>
>>43914373
This box is good then. It gets you your second Scythean and a really nice Character Beast.

You may waffle on the Swordsmen, since they do not have reach and there are not many range extenders for infantry in Legion.

I still have fun with them though.

I'd pull the trigger, then again I am a whore for all things PP despite never playing it :P
>>
>>43914816

Nice try, Jacob
>>
>>43914876
I do not know this Jacob.
I'm at games and gizmos mostly and mox second.
>>
>>43914976

Good attempt, Derek
>>
>>43915044
Ok, can you at least get people in the stores that I actually visit?
>>
>>43915065

Fair shot, idgaf
>>
>>43915065

>guys at G&G

M8
>>
>>43914844
Fuck, I know the feeling. I haven't played in a long while because everyone sued 40k, and when I finally got a few people to try out PP, my LgS shut down.

I might pull the trigger though. Is anywhere selling these cheaper, or do I med to hit the PP store?
>>
>>43915297
The only other company I am like this with is Hawk Wargames.

I used to be an Infinity shill but those rules and the people I managed to bring in kind of killed it for me.

Also I'd shill Mantic's stuff if they didn't constantly release stuff. I'd be broke if I shilled for Mantic.
>>
>>43915517

Infinitys rules with N3 are pretty manageable.

I do feel like some of the tourniefag autists from WMH crossed over though, I agree
>>
>>43913554
You sound really cunty.
>>
>>43915517

Hawk hasn't sold out yet, they're pretty good guys. I like infinity though, CB stayed small instead of expanding at an unsustainable rate. They're an oasis in comparison to how shitty the rest of their country is doing economically

I do wish DZC was played more I. The U.S. though
>>
>>43915815
>Hawk hasn't sold out yet, they're pretty good guys.

after a company has tasted the golden fruit of KS, they eventually will want to keep eating said fruit again
>>
>>43915910

Eh, not saying I'm not a pleb for going commodore on DFC but it's a lot of nice ships for how much I actually spent, at least compared with DZC
>>
>>43915910
>>43915815

Yup. DZC had a very promising start, but the models got expensive because of their primarily pewter material. Making it hard to sell to new blood.

Their new fleet game is looking super sexy, and knowing their scenario rules from DZC has me hyped for the new game.

That said I'll stop gushing for Hawk. This is a PP bread.

>>43915610
Well kinda ... yeah. The people that I got to buy into it were salivating at the number of rules and the amount of loopholes they could exploit. They consistently stomp newer players and woild never stick around to explain why (in a nice way). Some of that is shared with the worse players in WMH, but generally any game "breakage" in WMH was encouraged as sweet tech.

By the time third edition came out, we didn't have anyone left to play.

This is why I always say that casuals are the lifeblood of any game system. Without them there is no community.
>>
Guys I just bought this while having no idea how trolls play.

Did I do good?
>>
>>43916330

You didn't really get any duds so I'd say you made out alright
>>
>>43916369
Awesome.

Can you give me a crash course on how to troll?
>>
>>43916127

Tell me about it. I'd rather play against a casual who's just there for fun than some try hard who will actually get upset if he loses.

Broke my heart one day when one of our new players walked in with his Cygnar battle box + storm blades 35 point list and asked me for a game.

I only had my Lucant meat wall list. Didn't have the heart to say no.
>>
>>43916127
Infinity is not a casual game. It's a game for autists. That's the appeal.

I also don't think casuals are that great for community. Casuals buy less and don't promote the game.
>>
>>43916461
>I also don't think casuals are that great for community. Casuals buy less and don't promote the game.

unless its a TCG

>ZOMG yer telling me if I buy 50 packs I might get a super rare expedition land worth 10 packs? SIGN ME UP!
>>
>>43916461

This is pretty ironic coming from /whg/
>>
>>43916461
A community needs casuals. Casuals learn best from each other and are the signs of a healthy game.

No casuals means no new blood which means the game begins to stagnate. I don't see myself playing as much in five years, much less if there is no one new to play.

We can only ride the spiteful GW train for so long, and even then the supposedly "hardcore" players eventually burn out.

But I'm pretty sure this is falling on deaf ears. Continue to think that the game should only be for the elite... I'll be around to see how that turns out.
>>
>>43916885
See, if you are burning out and not playing as much, that means you have become a casual who won't tryhard to bring people into the game, nor are you buying as much.

There's difference between devotees and ellites. You are getting the people mixed up. Elitism drives the newblood away, but autistic devotees are where the money flows.
>>
>>43917165
but devotees are the people bitching about warhammer's direction

while the elitists are the ones buying shit to be super meta
>>
Khador player here, pretty much my only army for awhile.

Do other armies feel just as restricted as Khador does? Like it feels like no matter what caster I pick I almost always want to use most of the same units again and again. If I try to go out there I get punished with sub par models on the table.
>>
>>43917387

Only one that comes close I think is Circle, where there's like one or two warlocks I wouldn't do ghetorix+stalker+heavy, gorax double stones UA wilder trackers.
>>
>>43917387
Circle and Skorne feels the same. I'm getting really burnt out on Khador myself because of it after coming from trolls.

It's winterguard, IFP, 1 jack, rinse and repeat ad nausium.
>>
>>43918685
Come to Cryx, we have variety!
>>
Is there anywhere to get the 25 point bundles besides the Privateer Press store?
>>
>>43919238
none. It's just a random holiday thing PP does, not a packaged deal that retailers get.
>>
>>43919238
no
>>
>>43919300
>>43919306

Damn. Thanks. Wonder if it's worth the price or if it's better to buy the parts from one of those 25% places.
>>
Skilled Iosan Soldier/Rifleman here. Planning to start out with Fast Reload.

Should I get Preternatural Awareness, Virtuoso for my heavy rifle, or Virtuoso for my melee weapon?
>>
>>43920082
Discount Games Inc might have the stuff in stock.

Their stock fluctuates wildly this time of year though. Also it's thirty percent off.
>>
>>43920181
how long is discount games doing their holiday sale for? Sorry if you don't know anon just kinda waiting on a paycheck before getting gifts for some buddies
>>
>>43920261
Their holiday sale is the same price as normal day to day. There is no rush anon.
>>
File: 1443726573695.gif (3 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1443726573695.gif
3 MB, 220x220
>>43920416
Noted, thanks anon.
>>
>>43916330
So wait, you got the Fennblade UA, but no Fennblades?
>>
>>43918685
>Skorne feels the same
How so? Few factions can match Skorne's veriety. You don't have to play Fist 24/7, you know?
>>
>>43922762
Skorne is basically opposite of Khador. Great beast support and selection, dull as fuck infantry options that's samey because of lack of meaningful UAs or support.

Skorne is just dull because every game is apply hard hitting X into enemy's Y fast as possible. No denial, no control, just apply X to Y.
>>
>>43917387

Try playing Skorne. Almost half of Skorne's warlocks all fill the exact same role and do more or less the same thing.
>>
>>43922762

A ton of Skorne casters are simply: Damage buff, SPD buff, and one other thing that doesn't make them a complete copy of another caster. Skorne really suffers in the type of matchups they excel against. Fist is the only list in Skorne that asks a "question", where most Skorne list desperately try to be "answers" in a game where it's getting harder and harder to have all the answers.

You will not believe how dull it gets to put in a Krea, Paingivers, Agonizers, Willbreakers, Titan Gladiator, and Nihilators before putting anything else in.
>>
>>43920130

You are looking at up to four rifle attacks (normal, +skilled, +dual shot, +sentry). Virtuoso no question, you can easily outdamage mighty characters with it and you can get it on a rifle. If you had ambush I'd say the initiative booster, since you don't, no. That shit also works on scatterguns.

You'll be reloading a lot unless you grabbed a repeating rifle.
>>
>>43924230
Well this is just wrong
>>
>>43922762
>skorne
>variety

>one list is HIT THEM HARD IN MELEE

>another list is HIT THEM HARD IN MELEE

>in fact all of them are HIT THEM HARD IN MELEE
>>
>>43927181
That is neither valid nor true. Are you stupid or trolling?
>>
>>43927181
There's a little bit of dudespam sprinkled in there, too
>>
>>43927181
You forgot all the awesome shooting lists, dude spam, and various other stuff Skorne can do.

Good job jumping on the forum bandwagon though
>>
>>43927833
>awesome shooting lists

to be fair those can also mix in melee. its not like cygar

I mean taking a mammoth just to shoot is a waste
>>
I just want skorne dinosaurs to be gud

but skorne loves titans and cyclops too much
>>
Did PP ever give a timeline for IKRPG: Zu expansion?
What about Cryx, Rhul, and Ios for that matter?
>>
>>43927879
>those can also mix in melee
Hell yes. Especially with Croaks and ADR, two of the best things to happen to Skorne recently.
>>
>>43927947
They'll be out whenever they feel like releasing them
>>
>>43924445
mighty is so shit. really should extend to thrown weapons and get some better ABs if they ever revise IKRPG. they wont
>>
>>43929307
They were lazy enough to make their RPG a glorified skirmish wargame that's all mechanics and no fluff. Of course they won't put any effort into it.
>>
>>43926893
>>43927213

>pMorghoul
>battlegroup heavy list
>SPD and melee damage buff
>Admonition makes him "unique"

>Xerxis2
>battlegroup heavy
>SPD and melee damage buff
>feat makes him "unique"

>Makeda2
>battlegroup heavy list
>SPD buffs
>feat makes her "unique"

>Makeda3
>battlegroup heavy lists
>no support other than feat

>Rasheth
>battlegroup heavy lists
>damage and armor buffs(but only against living)

>Naaresh
>battlegroup heavy lists
>melee damage and armor buff for battlegroup only

and special mention:

>Morghoul2
>+2 DEF feat in a 10" control area
>Ghost Walk on a 3 spell list caster

>Mordikaar
>+3 DEF feat in a 14" control area
>Ghost Walk on a 5 spell list caster

It's really only apparent when you actually PLAY Skorne, but building lists in Skorne is easily the most redundant in the game. There is some variety with casters like Mordiaar, Zaal, or Hexeris2, but it's just obscene how so many warlocks in Skorne essentially fill the exact same role and are supposed to match up against the same lists. It's fine when you look at it on an individual level but when you're trying to make a pairing and you want to play two casters that "hit hard" and "hit hard in a slightly different way", it's really difficult to get a pairing you actually like that can hold it's own against the really nasty matchups.

>Especially with Croaks and ADR, two of the best things to happen to Skorne recently.

They are nice, but Croaks are also available to every other Hordes faction and everyone can take advantage of ADR. Season3 ADR is also filled with completely insane rosters for a lot of factions other than Skorne.
>>
File: 1448989951024.png (445 KB, 606x843) Image search: [Google]
1448989951024.png
445 KB, 606x843
>>43930737
It's almost like battlegroup heavy lists are Skorne's 'thing'. That's not a problem with the faction (see Legion). If you can't figure out how to build unique lists that's a player problem.

No wonder Skorne players are shit
>>
>>43930944

Of course why didn't I think of that, let me just throw whatever I want in this list and expect it to work.

Yea, no, there's nothing boring about having 26 points of your list be predecided for you because of how essential they are in running an effective Skorne battlegroup heavy list.

I always liked Rhinodons, I should just take three Rhinodons and just hope they'll do fine against pDenny or pSkarre.
>>
>>43930944
>No wonder Skorne players are shit
This thread is NOT representative of all Skorne players.
>>
>>43930944
On that note, I really want to try the following list:

Makeda and the Exalted Court (*2pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Bronzeback Titan (10pts)
* Molik Karn (11pts)
Croak Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Croak Raiders (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Agonizer (2pts)
Mortitheurge Willbreaker (2pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)

Basically: Fuck threat ranges, you either come here or burn to death. The Croaks just fix so many of Mak3's problems. And in ADR you could switch out the Croaks + TMs for more beasts if you need to.
>>
>>43931078
22 points aren't decided for you numb nuts, and yes, if you just throw random shit together you're going to lose.

Try using your brain and building a list with the giant pile of good models Skorne has. You don't have to start with Karn, Bronzeback, etc. Get over your crutch and git gud

>>43931231
I would believe you if every Skorne player I met wasn't like this, but they're all trash.
>>
>>43930944
Maybe you should stop being so obtuse and actually see how redundant it is between the casters. Legion has enough variety in their warlocks to change their matchup. Skorne is same shit everyday.
>>
>>43931511

>'git gud'

Yea, you sure showed me.

>You don't have to start with Karn, Bronzeback, etc. Get over your crutch and git gud
>building a list with the giant pile of good models Skorne has

>stop playing good models and start using good models

What?
>>
>>43931400
>The Croaks just fix so many of Mak3's problems

Such as?
>>
>>43931520
All of those casters are different and do different things. Xerxis2 for example can have a crazy ranged game but Skorne players can't get past playing the same models over and over. God forbid they try something new instead of bitching about how they never get to play anything different.

Case in point:
>>43931606
>>
File: 1448988117735.png (725 KB, 978x683) Image search: [Google]
1448988117735.png
725 KB, 978x683
>>43931606
>Complains about having lists pre-built for them
>Refuses to play anything besides the same models over and over

OK sure anon, we're the dumb ones
>>
>>43931940
Yes you are

>>43931918
Xerxis 2 ranged game is not good enough for consistency. You run beasts out of control, fury management becomes impossible. There is nothing preventing the enemy from bumrushing you post feat turn and cause you to lose majority of the battlegroup.
>>
prepare to be amazed!

Lord Assassin Morghoul (*6pts)
* Archidon (7pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Bloodrunners (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Cataphract Arcuarii (Leader and 3 Grunts) (6pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Praetorian Keltarii (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Venators Slingers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (4pts)
Bloodrunner Master Tormentor (2pts)
Maximus (2pts)
Void Spirit (2pts)
>>
>>43932075
Why are you running warbeasts out of Xerxis' control? Are you really that retarded?
>>
>>43931918

I like how people consider a caster's feat, and then decide that that's what they're good at doing. Like that one turn in a game where most 50 point game go for four turns or more.

Yea X2 has a good feat for ranged attacks, what else does he do for them?

>>43931940

We use the same models over and over because they're consistent at doing their job. I don't want to have to use them so often, but in my competitive meta it's a necessity to stay on top. Telling me not to use Molik Karn or Kreas isn't helpful to the problem, because the point is that I want to be able to use other models that fill different roles and have the same degree of effectiveness, when that's just not the case for a lot of Skorne options.

Other factions get to have both list diversity and competitive pieces, so why shouldn't Skorne?
>>
>>43932255
It's inevitable during feat turn if you want to be safe while maintaining a good offensive presence. Something's going to go out. Unless the opponent is playing a condensed brick, your stuff will spread apart in its desire for optimal targets.
>>
>>43932362
Except you're not on top of the meta. Skorne is the worst faction in the game. Minions might actually be better at this point
>>
>>43931640
Short threat ranges, no ranged game, weak scenario presence, low number of attacks outside of feat. Croaks should really help with that.
>>
so I have a guy in my meta that hates the straight- forwardness of steamroller scenarios. not to the point of playing the game of course but I would like to do something nice and bring a few NQ scenarios to play. anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>43933443
You could create a narrative campaign
>>
>>43933443
I'm not even sure what he's complaining about. He's complaining that it is too simple?
>>
why are perforators considered sub par? Is it just because they cost too much for their rat? or is there more to it?

I like armor piercing ranged attacks
>>
>>43933496

that's my next plan after our journeyman league is up.

>>43933505

a disclaimer: personally I think he's a bit simple but I want him to enjoy the game more.

so he doesn't like how it's basically meet up in the center of the board and kill as much as you can in most matches.

he's an infinity/malafaux player originally
>>
>>43933516
Unboostable armor piercing that doesn't hit hard enough.

They simply have no good targets and has the weakest survival rate
>>
>>43933516

Because theyre short ranged and don't actually hit that hard since they can't boost their damage to capitalize on their armor piercing.

Ranged armor piercing is a trap unless you can roll 3d6 on it
>>
>>43933766
>>43933772

that makes a lot of sense I didn't think about that.

now that I think about it, all they could possibly be efficient as is maybe taking out other heavy infantry. 7s to hit dice -2 to 3 isn't bad especially with all the defense debuffs CoC has but it still would take 2 on average to kill one heavy infantry model

I'll probably still try to make them work but they'll probably take more support than should be allocated them
>>
anyone have a 35 point mother list without the PA? I know it is great with here but I just started the faction
>>
>>43935502
Replace PA with monitors.
>>
>>43935801

should I go tier 3? or should I drop tier? I'd like to add one or two of the disposable arcnodes so I don't have to sac a jack to land a spell.

if no tier what goes well out of her tier?
>>
so basically instead of making an "RPG", Iron Kingdoms should have been their version of Necromunda/Mordheim?
>>
>>43935920
Either would be bad. There's enough skirmish games in the market.
>>
>>43935993
and there arent enough RPGs?
>>
>>43936082
Not for IK.

Setting can use an RPG, but skirmish game is superflous for a setting
>>
>>43935920

You could probably reverse engineer one out of the rpg pretty easily.
>>
>>43935801

hows this?Points: 35/35
Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors (*4pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Diffuser (3pts)
* Conservator (7pts)
* Monitor (8pts)
Obstructors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
Optifex Directive (Leader and 2 Grunts) (2pts)
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex (1pts)
Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex (1pts)
Attunement Servitors (2pts)
Elimination Servitors (2pts)
Elimination Servitors (2pts)
Reflex Servitor (2pts)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447520551017.jpg (33 KB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447520551017.jpg
33 KB, 640x275
>>
>>43938685
Don't their guns have electroleap too?

way to call the kettle black
>>
File: XC0mJpP.png (20 KB, 425x404) Image search: [Google]
XC0mJpP.png
20 KB, 425x404
>>43938729
>>
File: Jfkq8ZG.png (280 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
Jfkq8ZG.png
280 KB, 800x750
>>
File: 1447274764016.jpg (353 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447274764016.jpg
353 KB, 773x1000
>>
>>43938784
WHERE'S THE JOKE BUCKLEY?
>>
File: 1442484341538.gif (63 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1442484341538.gif
63 KB, 800x480
>>
>>43941566
Huh.
A Street Fighter type game with all the warcasters and warlock would be really goddamn fun.
Or maybe just warjacks and warbeasts.
>>
>>43941605

I'll wreck you with a carnivean son.
>>
>>43941674
I put a shovel full of Menoth's fury up your ass.
>>
>>43941692

haha good luck with that i'll wait on the other side of the screen for you. how long would the fights be?
>>
so I know legion has a bonkers gun line with lylyth2 but what are some other good options?

I'm thinking an abby1 tier 4 could be interesting with advanced move seraphs, angeli, and ravagores
>>
>>43941722
Until one of the jacks/beasts is boxed.
We could get a Duke-type to actually do this.
>>
>>43941914

I like the idea. let's do it
>>
>>43941605

so I'm thinking as a base, jacks have a special move gauge that completely fills periodically and warbeasts fill their gauge by using special move.

if a jacks gauge ever completely empties, it loses some speed and power until it refills and if a beasts gauge ever completely fills, commands start to become randomly unresponsive basically we add in randomly timed button presses.

idk what to do with arc node jacks though maybe tie the spells in with the spec energy gauge since it would represent focus that isn't being allocated?

do you think it would be worth it to add in controlling warnoun? like they each give a passive buff and change the spell selection for arcnodes
>>
warcasters as assists
>>
File: 1422067942274.jpg (115 KB, 536x795) Image search: [Google]
1422067942274.jpg
115 KB, 536x795
>>43916382
Well no-one else responded so I'll go i guess (hope you are still here).

Hit hard, Take heavies, Avoid things with guns.

More specifically, outside of a couple of really good theme lists, trolls are mainly about taking a shot to the chin that would kill an equivalent model in another faction, then healing most of that damage up on your own turn and mitigating what you can't.

Even more specifically, the meta is in a place right now where having a lot of boxes and ARM is basically required at the highest levels, any examples to the contrary are either so good they work anyway, or are specifically geared to countering high ARM skew. Trolls have some of the best heavy warbeasts (mauler, earthborn, Mulg) some of the best multi-wound heavy infantry (champions, warders), a pack of specialised lights designed to deal with particular problems (too slow? infantry spam getting you down? bring an axer! Too many undead/warjacks? we have a 6 point light that can put out an average of 2x24 damage a turn at range if you need it!) and a cheap infantry squad who's only job is to carry a magic rock that hands out armour to friendlies nearby. The real weakness is the lack of any real fury management making running an all beasts list a challenge and the fact that WarmaHordes is often a game about getting the charge and were a faction where the fast guys are everyone else's average.
>>
>>43942085
>>43942395
you know that game Street Fighter x Tekken?

Despite the non success and the controversy of the Gem System, I think said Gem System might be a good base on how Warcasters could affect the fight.
>>
File: 20151202_164642.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151202_164642.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Growing my cyriss force. First intro to warmachine couple weeks back and now just realised I need a jack tonne of vectors rather than units.

Im not still certain which heavy vectors to choose atm...
>>
>>43945542

There are no bad heavies in Cyriss, something no other faction can really boast.

All the heavies with legs are great. The floating jacks are more specialized and some are plain useless with some casters.

Monitors are top tier
>>
Having a discussion with a group, and I figured I'd ask you guys for input.

So kommandos. To me they seem like a shitty In between of IFP and WGI. In a meta shifting to high arm multiwound, they're almost worthless. Points are raised saying that they clear out infantry, but I don't see how a Death Star couldn't do their job better.

Some say that vlads S&P effect them better than others, but it's a global effect, so I don't see how that even makes sense.

Am I just sperging out here? I love kommandos, but they're kind of shit.
>>
>>43946190
They're only good if you play against a ton of Legion or Gaspy2 in your meta. Otherwise they're just for fun models
>>
>>43945542
Magnets are your friends.

All of the jacks get played one way or another.

The Conservator is likely the "worst" of the vectors, but they all get played.
>>
>>43946246

With that nightmarish RAT, would they even be that great against legion? Not to mention being pillowfisted as all hell. A Death Star even punches harder than they do.

For fun models indeed
>>
>>43946327
The point is they don't die to Legion shooting and with S&P they kill things fine. They're supposed to go against the one unit Legion brings and support models.

Otherwise they're really only good against Cryx and really only for killing bile thralls
>>
Reposting my Calandra list to bump this ded thread

Any thoughts?

Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood - WB: +5
- Trollkin Runebearer
- Dire Troll Bomber - PC: 10
- Troll Impaler - PC: 5
- Pyre Troll - PC: 5

Viktor Pendrake - PC: 2
Janissa Stonetide - PC: 3

Northkin Fire Eaters - Leader, Grunt, and Pyg Buddy: 4
Croak Raiders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 5 Grunts: 4
- Stone Scribe Elder - Elder 1
Croak Raiders - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
Dhunian Knot - Leader & 2 Grunts: 3
>>
File: e270bf9e.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
e270bf9e.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
>>
>>43947363
You need to cut out something so you can get a witch doctor in there. Croaks just die too easily without tough.
>>
So question, what caster in Skorne likes and supports double croak raiders the best? I'm using one unit now with Rasheth and it always seems like they do a small amount of damage, then get shot off the table.
>>
>>43948276
This why you have Star Crossed
>>
>>43948537
It's not good enough. Without tough, you also can't vitrol.
>>
>>43948473
Hexeris 2, morghoul 2 tier. Out of tier xerxis is fine for it
>>
>>43949161
>vitrol
That's just gravy on top of the awesomeness that is Croaks. You don't take them to be a serious tarpit or for vitrol

The Witch doc just doesn't do enough in this kind of list
>>
>>43947363
with two units of croaks i would trade the impaler for another pyre or more fire eaters
>>
>>43949196
He does most in this kind of lists. Tough will be the only thing preventing your croaks from being shot to death.
>>
>>43949410

very few croaks have to survive to get their work done. in this list, oil is what they are being taken for primarily
>>
>>43946269

damn shame i didn't mgnetise them. I'm planning on getting 2 more floating vector chassis and 2 more stompy vector chassis and a corallery? (floaty focus thing) next along with the mechanics dude for the full on syntherion force. should be ok... with just vectors right???
>>
>>43949606

I would get an arc node solo or two but yeah basically all you need is a ton of jacks and 2 optifex dirrective to have a good tier 4 list
>>
>>43949410
A knocked down Croak is usually going to be useless. While they may occasionally be in range most of the time they won't be after standing up. Supporting the army and Calandra is ultimately more important
>>
>>43949654

I have a solo hidden in the back of the light vectors, but yeah I guess the directives and bunch of more heavy vectors are next up. maybe i'll get couple more cheap rippy fixing light vectors as one of them is free in tier 3 and they are dirt cheap.
>>
>>43949742
The free Galvanizer is more than enough. If you want cheap, take a Diffuser or two instead, the gun is great and while they won't do a lot in melee themselves, they still build synergy.
>>
>>43949742

it's actually his tier 4. Modulators are great with him too because he fixes litterally every problem with them besides that they are made of paper. just be aware hotshot doesn't boost the direct current ability on his gun.
>>
>>43924445
Not him, but if he has the heavy rifle then isn't that just wasted attacks? He has his regular reload and his fast reload, which means a maximum of 3 shots.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449090391992.jpg (15 KB, 430x622) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449090391992.jpg
15 KB, 430x622
Black River Irregulars coming to LnL
>>
I just came into the Chaos side of a 40k starter box, friend only wanted the dark angels and sold me this on the cheap.

What units/squads/vehicles should i look to add to have a decent basic force?
>>
File: 1418657266814.jpg (167 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
1418657266814.jpg
167 KB, 1016x970
>>43950302
>>
>>43950302
Wrong thread, friend.

40k General is over here >>43945082
>>
>>43950327
Aye cheers, my bad, wasn't a bait, im just an idiot
>>
Oh, a general question: is there any plan in the foreseeable future on a new edition? I remember not bothering with warmachine because when i bout prime, MK 2 was released the next week...
>>
>>43950517
Nothing currently known. The base rules for the game are pretty solid
>>
>>43950591

Fantastic. Safe to carry on going crazy on my convergence. Only issue is that i hear it'll never be updated :(
>>
>>43950608
It's a limited faction and is pretty much complete. PP will still release new stuff for it every now and then, just don't expect regular releases.
>>
>>43949881
That doesn't look like a PP model.
>>
>>43950912
It's got a slug gun, it's totally PP
>>
>>43950957
I dunno, the face and the gun design seem off compared to usual PP design.
>>
>>43950912
>>43951110
It's definitely from PP. You can find her (Colbie Sterling) in the Iron Kingdoms RPG starter adventure.

http://files.privateerpress.com/ironkingdoms/documents/adventures/IKRPG_Scenario_Fools_Rush_In.pdf
>>
File: MC-0119-D.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
MC-0119-D.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>43951110
>the gun design seem off compared to usual PP design.

It's a slug gun. Just like the Burrowers have. They're big and squat.
>>
>>43949836

Feat points for quick actions. Normally you get them on kills, which really shouldn't be a problem. Most skilled characters I see played are always capped on feat points.

Anyway, a repeating rifle solves that problem.
Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.