[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever played as a unit of a military force before? PCs as marines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: z20151128.jpg (177 KB, 723x1000) Image search: [Google]
z20151128.jpg
177 KB, 723x1000
Ever played as a unit of a military force before? PCs as marines or a tank team?
I'll even take a band of mercenaries like Magnificient Seven. I want to do that but my party is fantasy only. Sigh......
>>
>>43875795
>not playing as the leaders of a mercenary band in a fantasy setting
Have you tried NOT being a defeatist scrub, OP?
>>
Do Gears of War, Halo or Metal Gear. Realism need not apply.
>>
>>43875795
The problem with playing a tank team is that it's difficult to make sure everyone has a reasonably enjoyable job to do. I pity whoever gets forced to play the loader, and while some of the other jobs are more involved, you still have the problem whereby they technically can only do what the commander tells them to do. A tank SQUAD, on the other hand...
>>
>>43875795
I think you misspelt Seven Samurai, OP
>>
>>43876542
You mean a tank platoon. A tank squad would just be the tank crew.
>>
File: ak47.jpg (170 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ak47.jpg
170 KB, 600x800
>>43876724
Have one tank per pc? Assume pc is the tank commander and crew is compotent.

Ura!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdS3tt_xy0
>>
>>43875795
Have you not?
We played what was basically a group of peasants turned into landschneckts in Warhammer Fantasy. Good times...
>>
I'd love to play a member of an international mercenary team.

I even have an image of a multi-national special ops team, made up of different nationalities and jetting all over the world performing investigations and daring raids on all kinds of villains...

-sigh-

Just a shame I suck at GMing.
>>
>>43877905
>I'd love to play a member of an international mercenary
>Just a shame I suck at GMing.

If you are GMing an NPC, you are not playing a character.
>>
>>43877623
That would be amazing. I wonder if there is a system that would be optimized for this? I'd play the hell out of it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.